Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest (31884 Views)

Makinde Appoints Julian Nwachukwu, An Igbo Woman As Liaison Officer For Ibadan / Atiku/obi Receive Warm Welcome In Lagos Despite Work Day / 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by idyicy45: 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2017
SeunFirstSon:
Good evening Nairalanders, Please i beg with the name of God, I really need help with the sum of 30k to settle my Landlord for my Lodge fee, The agent and the caretaker have really been after my neck and we are currently in exam period. He just left here few minutes ago asking me to pack out if i fail to pay up before on Tuesday or he's going to send guys to pack all my loads outside. I'm considering going to the village but I can't be attending exams from my village Cus it's a bit far, Mum is really sick she asked i packed the items back to the village but I just can't because I might miss my remaining exams Cus of transportation fees.
Nairalanders please help me, Never done this before but I'm dead frustrated here I don't think i have any other option but this.
God bless you all
squat for hostel na must you stay in a lodge.. don't you have friends? a beg you no get issue people are looking for school fees you dey talk of lodge
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by eclecticbaron: 9:47pm On Aug 22, 2017
XTLikeNat777:

If Paris club refund is 10B and the building will cost 9.1B tell me what is CORRUPTION please?

Please tell me how many jobs that building will create for Akwa Ibomites?
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Timioladee(m): 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2017
Who says How long will peeps like you drop this baseless thought?
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by joinnow: 10:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
shocked grin
Must u Governor add to already developingLagos 2morrow Yoruba go say they are ahead in infrastructure.
Akwa ibom is busy building house in Lagos while cross river is busy discovering natural minerals
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Adamadam: 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
Udom awarded the N9.1 Billion contract despite protest because whatever per cent he add for himself as kickback is no joke considering the huge contract fee.
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by kinibigdeal(m): 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
Basic123:
But lagos is a no mans land now
You just want people to talk
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by rollingrocks: 10:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
Udom Emmanuel, the only governor with slave mentality listen to me: YOUR MUMU DON DO OOO.....
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Businessideas: 11:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
Blue3k:

Because this policy is very stupid. Why develop lands outside of state. There's more pressing issues in state and place where you can host investors like Le meridian. Would you want your tax money leaving state for dumb purpose?
Lagos is investigating in Kebbi but Lagosians are not protesting.
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by dprinz99(m): 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2017
Who can help speak sense into this udon of a governor?
Since he came to office,he hasn't gotten any thing right and there he goes with 9.1billion to build a 21 stores building in Lagos state.does he have common sense at all?
Some times I just wonder how foolishly our government act most times.this people hv no manners at all....
For Christ sake,tons of graduate loitering the city of uyo,insecurity increases geometrically,prostitution has taken over the state again but we recieve the highest revenue and this so called governor wants to loot such amount by building 21storey building in another man's state.
I just hate black mentality.
Who ever package this imbe and imposed him on us did not try at all,no be am abeg.
Arrant nonsense
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Blue3k(m): 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
Businessideas:

Lagos is investigating in Kebbi but Lagosians are not protesting.

Lagos buys rice to subsidize to residents of state. I don't see them buying farm land in kebbi or building mills there. In fact the rice is milled in lagos adding to GDP and emplymenent. Your example is an apples to oranges comparison.

Ps: nobody needs to copy everything lagos does for better or worse.
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Wyttcat: 12:14am On Aug 23, 2017
I for pity Akwa ibomites, but Lagos needs to keep bringing in the dough from every corner of the world, the food dog go eat na devil go do the work oo, property tax is loading in the SW.
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by manciti: 12:58am On Aug 23, 2017
my only prayer for akwa ibom state is that one day God will pity us and give to us a leader cos we never had one since independent.
my God! what this man is doing is wickedness and madness, I have never seen a governor so much despise like this man, and to crown it all he is a young educated man who doesn't have sense, were then is the future for the youth if the youth can be this senseless when put in charge of governance. ... honestly I am so disappointed.

And if Nigeria survive till 2019, I pray the next governor should sell out the asset and bring back the money cos I am not sure about the country future.... if the country divide, that project will be gone forever
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Nobody: 4:38am On Aug 23, 2017
ellovee:
No stupidity that is greater than this.
How many of such high rise building can we see in akwa ibom.

None, the tallest building in Akwa Ibom is only 12 storey
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 23, 2017
Customer80:
still consider you as an impostor

That guy is an Ijaw boy
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by akinbode1(m): 5:12am On Aug 23, 2017
wasting of money.....
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Basic123: 6:59am On Aug 23, 2017
kinibigdeal:

You just want people to talk
I just want to expose there hypocritical jealousy
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by kinibigdeal(m): 7:16am On Aug 23, 2017
Basic123:
I just want to expose there hypocritical jealousy
Okay i get
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by ensamy(m): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2017
Lots of children in Akwa ibom and outside the state are servant in houses including same lagos and lots are gate men and lots are prostitutes in kano.
If this money can be channeled in to education and skill acquisition, it will go a long way to bring the desired change.
' In vain you build the city without first of all building the man'.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by brunxy(m): 8:34am On Aug 23, 2017
Blue3k:

Very true that's why Akwa Ibom state has a lot of prime properties in prime areas such as Broad Street, Victoria Island, Ikoyi and other areas in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stp55aOqkZY

Front Page: Lalasticlala
See this idiot calling 1.2billion paltry sum...God go punish all this stupid politicians...If he calls 1.2b paltry sum, then he will be stealing in trillions. sad shocked shocked
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by AKSGNewMedia: 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
[b][b]This is a picture of how the dilapidated structure looks like. Governor Udom despite dwindling resources has done a lot in AkwaIbom State
Imagine that AKWAIBOM PEOPLE CURRENTLY ENJOY 18-24 hours of ELECTRICITY SUPPLY .

In just 2 Years over 700km of roads have been done, education is free for all public primary and secondary school students, Medicare is still free for 0-5 Years, pregnant women and the aged. He is Currently building Africa's Largest Syringe Factory , a metering Factory in which case was an investment that made AkwaIbom emerge tops in terms of Foreign Direct Investments in Nigeria

While Nigeria is in the boardroom thinking about a toothpick factory by 2018 Governor Udom Emmanuel has already built Nigeria's First Toothpick and Pencil Factory plus the revamp of Paint factory. My Brother a lot has happened in the agricultural sector
AkwaPrime Hatchery
Tomato Revolution which has brought about the additional 10ha Green House for the cultivation of exotic cash crops and processing plant in view. 1450 Hectares of Cassava plantation plus the resuscitation of Cassava processing plants across the 3 senatorial districts rice , Cocoa, maize etc. Over 5000 youths have been trained in Several sectors . The Youths Women and Children have been hugely impacted so AkwaIbom people are happy

What You are seeing here is a doctored or paid protest by APC in AkwaIbom. In terms of numbers they are infinitesimal and cannot be qualified as the voice of the people. AkwaIbom is PDP and will remain so . The question is always are the people happy Yes! Do they want more industries and Investments Yes! So That is the Reason why it is important to have a base in Lagos as the Governor stated in the Video You have watched.

AkwaIbom is Blessed to have good Leaders I must say that AkwaIbom is Truly loved by God. Any other thing You hear is propaganda and blackmail We are Proud of Governor Udom and His Strides and AkwaIbom people have even said if for giving Us constant Power supply alone we want Him to continue till 2023.

[/b][/b][color=#000099][/color]

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by AKSGNewMedia: 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
emmanueltony950:
shocked shocked shocked Adonbilivit!!!!
[b][b]This is a picture of how the dilapidated structure looks like. Governor Udom despite dwindling resources has done a lot in AkwaIbom State
Imagine that AKWAIBOM PEOPLE CURRENTLY ENJOY 18-24 hours of ELECTRICITY SUPPLY .

In just 2 Years over 700km of roads have been done, education is free for all public primary and secondary school students, Medicare is still free for 0-5 Years, pregnant women and the aged. He is Currently building Africa's Largest Syringe Factory , a metering Factory in which case was an investment that made AkwaIbom emerge tops in terms of Foreign Direct Investments in Nigeria

While Nigeria is in the boardroom thinking about a toothpick factory by 2018 Governor Udom Emmanuel has already built Nigeria's First Toothpick and Pencil Factory plus the revamp of Paint factory. My Brother a lot has happened in the agricultural sector
AkwaPrime Hatchery
Tomato Revolution which has brought about the additional 10ha Green House for the cultivation of exotic cash crops and processing plant in view. 1450 Hectares of Cassava plantation plus the resuscitation of Cassava processing plants across the 3 senatorial districts rice , Cocoa, maize etc. Over 5000 youths have been trained in Several sectors . The Youths Women and Children have been hugely impacted so AkwaIbom people are happy

What You are seeing here is a doctored or paid protest by APC in AkwaIbom. In terms of numbers they are infinitesimal and cannot be qualified as the voice of the people. AkwaIbom is PDP and will remain so . The question is always are the people happy Yes! Do they want more industries and Investments Yes! So That is the Reason why it is important to have a base in Lagos as the Governor stated in the Video You have watched.

AkwaIbom is Blessed to have good Leaders I must say that AkwaIbom is Truly loved by God. Any other thing You hear is propaganda and blackmail We are Proud of Governor Udom and His Strides and AkwaIbom people have even said if for giving Us constant Power supply alone we want Him to continue till 2023.

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by AKSGNewMedia: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
nnokwa042:
what type of governors do we ve in Nigeria biko? Akwa ibom an oil rich state still with highest suppliers of house boy and house girl ,what of children accused of been witchcrafts that littered the street of akwa ibom state,now the stupid governor is going to another state to develop it while ur state still is backward am going crazy now,if not for him to embezzle money tell me the reason why he want to build 21 storey building,black people re wicked embarassed

AkwaPrime Hatchery

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by AKSGNewMedia: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Yet they have one already rotting in Lagos ..This is clearly an attempt to loot and launder govt funds and the EFCC should look into it.

AkwaPrime Hatchery

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by AKSGNewMedia: 1:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
Customer80:
This is highest height of stupidity from udom emmanuel

AkwaPrime Hatchery

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by AKSGNewMedia: 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
XTLikeNat777:
After Attah and Akpabio there's no other inspirational Leader in AKS!!!! We need change come 2019

AkwaPrime Hatchery

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by zoedew: 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
eclecticbaron:

I see your point of view. But due to the prevailing economic scenario on ground I would rather he invest that sum in building a seaport whose revenue generation would surpass the 21 storey building in the long run too. Akwa Ibom state would open up big time commercially because of the presence of a seaport.Think of the numerous jobs that would spring up as a result of a seaport. If at all the state needs a 21 storey building as a liaison office it could be in the far future after more important things have been kept in place. This is more like the case of putting the cart before the horse. The state doesn't need this fancy house at this point in time.The govt should focus on projects that will draw investors directly into the state as well as creating jobs for the unemployed in the process. When Udom came into power he's mantra was 'industrialization' as Akpabios' was 'transformation'. Building a liaison office of that magnitude in Lagos doesn't constitute that. It's clear to the blind to see that this govt is looking for a nice avenue to siphon money...maybe 2019 is already loading.

I was actually on a voyage of sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by iReporters(m): 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
Everyone Knows that Governor Udom Emmanuel is so skilled and knowledgeable when it comes to resources management. I know critics will never see anything good about the Udom's administration because it isn't APC's led government. But it is see-able that from Governor Emmanuel proviso's, there is none that is put into effect that is not for the betterment of the people. When the toothpick and pencil company came into existence, critics says it shouldn't have been this cottage, yet it is providing for the people on Monthly basis, creating independency amongst them. How about the Syringe and Metering Company that is to be commissioned by the Vice-President come September 23rd? My people, i bet you, at the end you will see reasons to applaud Governor Emmanuel's procreations.
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by olatunjiadebewa: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
The development of Akwa Ibom State and its people is top priority for Governor Udom Emmanuel. He will not be distracted by baseless insinuations. Akwa Ibom people stand firm with the Udom Emmanuel-led administration because GOVERNOR UDOM has done a lot within 2 years in office including the acquisition of Diapact Machine for Renal Theraphy in the state.

Following the increase in kidney related diseases across the Country, Akwa Ibom State Government organized a 4 day training programme/capacity building for Doctors/Nurses on the use Diapact CRRT Machine for Critically ill kidney patients with a road map to effecting kidney transplants.

This machine has been described as the best for treatment and management of critical kidney patients.

Diapact CRRT Machine which has nine (9) functions, can be used nonstop for 3 days and is termed as the best mechanism in the world.

Guest speakers at the programme included Prof. Arogundade and Prof. Badmus Tajudeen of Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital,Ife.

Participants were drawn from kidney unit UUTH, Intensive care Unit UUTH, Akwa Ibom State Ministry of Health/HMB.

Akwa Ibom State now possesses one of 7 in the country and is positioned to bring about a more effective outcome in the overall management of kidney disease in this part of the country.

A budding Akwa Ibom medical tourism destination beckons with the massive investment in medical equipments amidst the robust upgrade of Emergency Centers plus 4 General hospitals and counting, execution of Primary and Secondary Healthcare Legislation, Framework and Infrastructure

An impactful approach towards the wealth and wellness of our people!

Forget APC propaganda, Governor Udom Emmanuel is working.

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by olatunjiadebewa: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2017
Another reason Akwa Ibom people stand firm with the Udom Emmanuel-led administration is that GOVERNOR UDOM is committed to agricultural sustainability and food sufficiency in Akwa Ibom State.

This is the reason Akwa Ibom State Government has constructed a Green House in the state.

As you can see in the photos below, Governor Udom Emmanuel is inspecting the Green House Agricultural project along Airport Road.

A greenhouse is a structure with walls and roof made chiefly of transparent material, such as glass, in which plants requiring regulated climatic conditions are grown.

The Akwa Ibom State Government has a firm commitment to food sufficiency for the teeming population.

Governor Udom Emmanuel believes in action. He is an accountable leader and a highly respected gentleman among business elites and responsible leaders across the world.

He is a GOVERNOR we believe in!

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Gttendingnews: 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
Governor Udom Emmanuel has a clean record and so he will not do anything that will bring disunity to his people.
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by olatunjiadebewa: 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
I will keep educating you guys on the success of the Udom Emmanuel-led administration in Akwa Ibom State. If you or your paymasters don't like him, we understand. You're simply being mischievous!

How could you cook up a lame slander against a leader whose followers and admirers within and outside Akwa Ibom, are praising for opening up a Cattle Ranch at Adadia in Uruan Local Government Area of the state.

So far, the Special gasses have been planted to well over 100 hectares of land, four hundred hectares more to go!

Upon completion, the Range will have an abattoir for meat processing, Fresh Milk factory which will produce fresh milk and cheese.

Everyday, we keep drinking milk and consuming various dairy products, have we ever bothered to know where the milk comes from? Do you know how much Nigeria spends to import dairy products?

Christ! You guys must be so myopic! Imagine the insults you rain on such a futuristic leader? Will you ever become one at all?

Meanwhile, the Ranch is an IPP arrangement between Akwa Ibom State Government and San-Jo Agric Group from Mexico.

So far, over 89 youths have been employed in the Ranch.

God bless Governor Udom Emmanuel and his team, who are working assiduously to change the fortunes of Nigeria's highest oil producing state, Akwa Ibom.

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by victorDanladi: 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
maklelemakukula:

Lagos is no man's land, deal with it tongue tongue
exactly,dey prepare for trunks that you will use carry am put beside aguleri when biafra is Granted.Best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Leaving Abuja For G7 Summit In Germany. Photos / Video Of Atiku In The United States Of America / Soldiers Attack Peaceful Shiites Again & Kill A Young Boy In Zaria, Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.