Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians (20857 Views)

Defense Headquarters Reacts To Seaman Haruna Goshit Video, Begins Investigation / Operation 777: We Will Deal With Nnamdi Kanu If ..... - Defense Headquarters / Dapchi: DSS Negotiated Release Of Abducted Girls - Defense Headquarters Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by ChangetheChange: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by massinola(m): 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2017
They were test running to know how Nigerians will react

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by knightsTempler: 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
This is a dry run to see and Nigerians reaction, rubbish government.

Welcome to North Korea Nigeria where free speech is stifle.

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by fitprince: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
marooh:

Hungry man don't verify!
Nigerians are hungry!
Gbam!
bro you quoted everything plus all that plenty pics? wtf bro

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by bedspread: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
Na wa ooooo
Nigerians no get chill for this govt

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by Omeokachie: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
Testing the waters to see if it will fly or not...is it not intelligence people again?

Hasty retreat as they can see the first set of reactions!

Nigerians should get ready as more draconian laws will be coming their way.

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by calyto: 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
You are hungry.

Stop speaking for Nigerians.

marooh:

Hungry man don't verify!
Nigerians are hungry!
Gbam!
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by MultiCEO1: 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
What if I tell you the so called fake account was actually created by the military to test the waters on the muffling of the citizens and seeing how it backfired, came out with a disclaimer? What if I tell you it was a deliberate and conscious act by the military?

2 Likes

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by vedaxcool(m): 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
[s]
obamabinladen:

Shataaap educated phul, your military is testing the waters but doom awaits all of yuu.
[/s]

tongue tongue obviously you are another coward hiding behind nairaland anonymity
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by juman(m): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
More than ninety percent of news coming from this government are fake news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by gberra: 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
It's so nauseatin seeing wailers devise needless propaganda at blackmailing the government as a result of an election loss... I support the NA clamp down on all dem morrafuckers.

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by vedaxcool(m): 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
obamabinladen:

My fada and moda are kawards

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by marooh: 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
calyto:

You are hungry.

Stop speaking for Nigerians.

Chai!

Bros where are you? I taught I have warn you to stop smoking in the afternoon?

So u mean don't know that an average nigeria can't go 3 square meal a day?.

May be u are one of them

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by marooh: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
fitprince:

bro you quoted everything plus all that plenty pics? wtf bro
Sorry! Oooo
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by obamabinladen(m): 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

tongue tongue obviously I am another coward hiding behind nairaland anonymity

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by seyz007: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
Some people are really gullible. The account is obviously fake.
yet aagain a lot of dumb people everywhere.
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by menkas(m): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
Useless government all the insult u called good luck during his time how many time his government threating to arrest the citizens stupid government come and arrest me fools 2019 is coming

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
Gov doesn't provide news the news media does.

Now if FG tries to reign in the media , it won't surprise me if you would be amongst those to protest that govt is trying to muffle free speech or call it dictatorship.

People bent on wailing would wail will wail regardless of what govt does.

I won't have problem with your post if you didn't bring govt into it . You should have simply said our news media is corrupt.

Yes I know that some element of the govt is in collusion with these dishonest publications and in the case of Osinbajo as Acting President, it sometimes went to very top, but it is best not to refer to the govt and news media as if they are one indivisible entity.

President Buhari in my opinion is doing everything he can to rescue Nigeria , but there are too many corrupt people in the polity. Nigeria can never succeed under this system of democracy. Maybe we can try to reset thing by bypass the NAss as they are doing in Venezuela in producing our constitution.

Abacha 1995 draft constitution can always be adopted and tinkered with rather than the nonsense constitution introduced by the crooked duo IBB and Thief Obasanjo at the insistance of their imperialist sponsors.
juman:
More than ninety percent of news coming from this government are fake news.

b) make post to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,
c) like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .
d) automatically added to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps
e) follow all listed Danites
illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, EmeeNaka, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, thoth, Axeman2, lonelydora, rusher14, LoveMachine, ugosample, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24
If you want to become a Danite simply quote me and tell me
Please copy block of text save it on your PC and paste it to bottom of your posts in appropriate threads or any thread for that matter.
join our email list by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com as soon as you can manage to .
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by michealdeco: 3:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
[url]facebook.com[/url]here
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by mfm04622: 3:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
xcolanto:
Mumu APC government! When they see that they can't handle the criticism that follows they switch to lies and falsehood! Come and arrest me! Am in my office! Douchebags

Go back and read. The twitter account was opened yesterday! Yesterday. So what switching to lies is there?
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by juman(m): 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
GenBuhari:
Gov doesn't provide news the news media does.

Now if FG tries to reign in the media , it won't surprise me if you would be amongst those to protest that govt is trying to muffle free speech or call it dictatorship.

People bent on wailing would wail will wail regardless of what govt does.

I won't have problem with your post if you didn't bring govt into it . You should have simply said our news media is corrupt.

Yes I know that some element of the govt is in collusion with these dishonest publications and in the case of Osinbajo as Acting President, it sometimes went to very top, but it is best not to refer to the govt and news media as if they are one indivisible entity.

President Buhari in my opinion is doing everything he can to rescue Nigeria , but there are too many corrupt people in the polity. Nigeria can never succeed under this system of democracy. Maybe we can try to reset thing by bypass the NAss as they are doing in Venezuela in producing our constitution.

Abacha 1995 draft constitution can always be adopted and tinkered with rather than the nonsense constitution introduced by the crooked duo IBB and Thief Obasanjo at the insistance of their imperialist sponsors.

b) make post to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,
c) like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .
d) automatically added to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps
e) follow all listed Danites
illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, EmeeNaka, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, thoth, Axeman2, lonelydora, rusher14, LoveMachine, ugosample, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24
Please copy block of text save it on your PC and paste it to bottom of your posts in appropriate threads or any thread for that matter.
join our email list by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com as soon as you can manage to .

You dont understand nigeria.

The fake news mostly generated from this government and their party.

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by calyto: 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
You cannot eat 3 square meals but you spend so many hours online?
Is internet free?
Speak for yourself and stop being unimaginably stupid.

marooh:

Chai!

Bros where are you? I taught I have warn you to stop smoking in the afternoon?

So u mean don't know that an average nigeria can't go 3 square meal a day?.

May be u are one of them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by xcolanto(m): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
mfm04622:

[s][/s]Go back and read. The twitter account was opened yesterday! Yesterday. So what switching to lies is there?[s][/s]

Was it supposed to be opened last year before? Use your head fella! When did the NA say it was going to be observing anti government and army speeches!!
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by oluwaahmed: 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]
Lieporks will lie and then claim their lies are true because it represents what they think about, lieporks are sick lieporks are cursed

Bros dat handle might not be fake neither is it a lie. I watched NTA 10 o clock news & it was in one of deir scroll bar dat NA are now goin to monitor activities on social media. I swear I saw it. It's true because nigerians hav kicked against it, dey hav come out openly 2 deny it.
Everybody shd jst mind wat dey post on social media cos dey r actually monitorin it.
It's not abot ipob or wateva is dat d govt considers monitorin social media is hypocritical esp as dey came in tru d same means. We hav 2 be watchful as a pple B4 dis govt takes us back 2 military rule. We need 2 speak d truth bruv. Many of us we still live in dis con3 even hav our own children here but dis pple hav children abroad enjoyin stuff like social media. If u wernt born durin d military era, I was, u Dnt Wana go bk der man
We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti ...
https://www​.channelstv.com/.../now- ..

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by oluwaahmed: 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
MultiCEO1:
What if I tell you the so called fake account was actually created by the military to test the waters on the muffling of the citizens and seeing how it backfired, came out with a disclaimer? What if I tell you it was a deliberate and conscious act by the military?

Bro der are many adult children who don't knw wat is hapnin Untill deir freedom is entirely taken away 4rm dem. Dey are snap chattin & carefree Untill der wld be nuttin 2 sna chat

2 Likes

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by naptu2: 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2017
oluwaahmed:

Bros dat handle might not be fake neither is it a lie. I watched NTA 10 o clock news & it was in one of deir scroll bar dat NA are now goin to monitor activities on social media. I swear I saw it. It's true because nigerians hav kicked against it, dey hav come out openly 2 deny it.
Everybody shd jst mind wat dey post on social media cos dey r actually monitorin it.
It's not abot ipob or wateva is dat d govt considers monitorin social media is hypocritical esp as dey came in tru d same means. We hav 2 be watchful as a pple B4 dis govt takes us back 2 military rule. We need 2 speak d truth bruv. Many of us we still live in dis con3 even hav our own children here but dis pple hav children abroad enjoyin stuff like social media. If u wernt born durin d military era, I was, u Dnt Wana go bk der man

Did you actually read the story? Did you go beyond the sensational headline and read the story in order to know what they are talking about? (I have the story right here).

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by naptu2: 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
oluwaahmed:

I've been reading Nigerian newspapers for decades and I know that the media often sensationalize stories in order to sell, so I developed a technique to evade it. Remove all the journalist's word and read only what the person being interviewed is saying and you would get a better understanding of the issue.

Now, read the army officer's comments in this article. I've also included a video of the interview. Isn't it clear that he is talking about combating fake news and fake social media accounts (like the Defense Monitoring account) by monitoring social media in order to detect them and quickly react to the fake news? Did he at any point talk about arresting anybody or limiting freedom of speech?

We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – Military

Channels Television  
Updated August 23, 2017

The activities of Nigerians on the social media are now being monitored for hate speech, anti-government and anti-security information by the military.

Director of Defence Information, Major-General John Enenche, told Channels Television that the move became necessary in the light of troubling activities and misinformation capable of jeopardizing the unity of the country.

His comments come less than 48 hours after President Muhammadu Buhari said in his national broadcast that some of the discussion on social media in his absence crossed the line and left him distressed.

For Major General Enenche, the social media has always been a challenge all over the world and for the military, it is no different.

“It is a double-edged sword and we are also having a bit of it,” he said when he appeared on Channels Television’s News At 10, hours after President Buhari met with service chiefs and ordered them to strengthen their operations.

“Imagine when the President came back and addressed the nation, not up to 30 minutes later, a fake speech of the Commander-In-Chief was being circulated in order to do what? To derail the people. If you are not very sharp and if you didn’t listen to the speech or you don’t have a copy of it like I had it almost immediately, you wouldn’t know. So, looking at it from that perspective, it is a challenge everywhere.”

Having observed the possibility that the social media can be misused the military has taken steps to address that. One of such steps is the establishment of strategic media centres.

“What are we doing? In the military, we are now taking on it more seriously than ever. We have our strategic media centres that monitor the social media to be able to sieve out and react to all the ones that will be anti-government, be anti-military, (and) be anti-security,” the military chief continued.

“We tackle them appropriately with appropriate responses. Ahead of that, we are also proactive. We have measures in place, scientific measures to be able to sieve this information and also to get the public and let them know that some of this information they are getting is not genuine are not true and their objective is an anti-corporate existence of this country.”

There has been a rise in attacks by Boko Haram terrorists and it is one of the things the President advised the service chiefs to check. While the military intends to do just that, Major General Enenche said what they terrorists are doing is not surprising.

He said, “Like I have said before, it is not unexpected being that they have been degraded, decimated and really busted at camp zero and other cities there through the air bombardment and raids by members of the military, particularly the army. So you will see them spreading out like ants that have been busted from an anthill.”

According to him, the terrorists have benefitted in their attacks from the unending collaboration by insiders and sympathisers among the residents in the North East.

“However, I want to assure the general public and Nigerians that measures are in place to begin to take on them and begin to take them out. However highly placed anyone is or any insider or collaborator is, we are on top of the situation and we are beginning to get our information to begin to handle them appropriately,” he said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/08/23/now-monitor-social-media-anti-government-anti-military-information-military/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67pPnv4JMLY

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by mfm04622: 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
xcolanto:

Was it supposed to be opened last year before? Use your head fella! When did the NA say it was going to be observing anti government and army speeches!!

You too use your head! They already have twitter account. If it is real, they would have used their normal account.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi / PDP Candidate Ishaku, Winner Of Taraba Election - Saharareporters / Youths Give Buhari 8-week Ultimatum To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.