Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians (20856 Views)

Defense Headquarters Reacts To Seaman Haruna Goshit Video, Begins Investigation / Operation 777: We Will Deal With Nnamdi Kanu If ..... - Defense Headquarters / Dapchi: DSS Negotiated Release Of Abducted Girls - Defense Headquarters Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by xcolanto(m): 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
mfm04622:

You too use your head! They already have twitter account. If it is real, they would have used their normal account.

And who are you to know if they get to open a new twitter account or not?? Do you work for the army? Are you their PRO? If not, then you need be quite.
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by P0intBlank(m): 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2017
massinola:
They were test running to know how Nigerians will react

My thoughts exactly: someone is flying the kite

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by naptu2: 4:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
xcolanto:

And who are you to know if they get to open a new twitter account or not?? Do you work for the army? Are you their PRO? If not, then you need be quite.

Aha! So let's flip the question. How do you know that this Defense Monitoring account was opened by DHQ? Do you work for them? What evidence do you have that they actually created it? (I don't mean a guess or assumption or something you just sit in your house and think about. I mean evidence)

1 Like

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by xcolanto(m): 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
naptu2:

[s]Aha! So let's flip the question. How do you know that this Defense Monitoring account was opened by DHQ? Do you work for them? What evidence do you have that they actually created it?[/s]
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by naptu2: 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2017
xcolanto:

grin grin grin Perfect response.
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by naptu2: 4:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
The government reported the account to Twitter and Twitter has now suspended it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DefenseMonitor

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by naptu2: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2017

Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by mfm04622: 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
xcolanto:

I think I need t be brutal with you.

Do you have comprehension problem? The twitter account that tweeted the controversial tweet was a day old. A new account. The Defence Headquarters have their twitter account that is old.

Do you understand the difference? You should know that any information from the new account should be taken as not from Defense Headquarters. Do you understand now?

You really need to learn how to talk to people you don't know online. Or do you think everybody here is like you? Please treat others with respect you want.
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by mfm04622: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
P0intBlank:

My thoughts exactly: someone is flying the kite

For them to monitor, they don't need to tell people. You get more incriminating evidence when people don't know they are under surveillance.
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by xcolanto(m): 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
mfm04622:

[s]I think I need t be brutal with you.

Do you have comprehension problem? The twitter account that tweeted the controversial tweet was a day old. A new account. The Defence Headquarters have their twitter account that is old.

Do you understand the difference? You should know that any information from the new account should be taken as not from Defense Headquarters. Do you understand now?

You really need to learn how to talk to people you don't know online. Or do you think everybody here is like you? Please treat others with respect you want.[/s]

Your the one with comprehension issues! You failed to address my last quote to you and your going on about some brutal rubbish that least interest me! Are you dull or plain dumb? I ask you why you think the defence cannot open a new twitter account for the sole purpose to monitor anti government or buhari comments? You haven't responded and your talking about how to talk to people online and respect. Who cares who you are! If you think you so important to be talked to online, unsubscribe your data and read a book or something. Don't come to nl looking for cheap recognition.
Re: Fake "Defense" Headquarters Twitter Account Annoys Nigerians by DTaj: 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
Indeed, there are many "educated illiterates" among social media users. From the name of the so-called twitter handle (before I read any thrash from it), I knew it was fake!

"Defense" is an American word, not "defence" which is British, and which the Nigerian military had always used since the colonial period! A dodgy fellow created a twitter handle to embarrass the government, and so many people are maturbating on the fake handle and its malicious tweets already...

This age is an age of "fake news", "fake everything". Any clown could claim someone said what he never said. It was the same way they created "fake interviews" for Cardinal Onaiyekan, Femi Falana, Olisa Agbakoba and others just to paint the Federal Government black. And unfortunately before the rebuttals were done, the 'damage' had been done as many people have read and discussed the 'fake interviews'.

I just hope this would not burn this country the way it is going.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Passes Bills To Establish Medical Centres In Four States / Umahi Inspects Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Other Projects In Lagos / Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.