Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,709 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me (32960 Views)

Here Is How Airtel Is Making The Stay At Home Easier And Profitable For Everyone / How Airtel Nigeria Gives Out Your Phone Number To Others Without Notifying You / How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by WordMetrix(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
My own experience is with Etisalat NG. I needed to subscribe for 200mb weekly plan at ₦200. I was directed to this website https://campusbiz.com.ng/etisalat-data-plan/ but to my greatest dismay, I was only credited 150mb instead. I asked them the rationale behind their action and their customer rep said I must have visited the wrong site. They claimed that the 200mb I saw on the above website is a previous plan which is no longer in use. As if that is not enough, I woke up only to be notified that my remaining data balance is 7mb. Note that I subscribed for this plan around 9:00pm, I didn't browse that night till the following day. In order to be sure that this plan sustain me for the week, I restricted background data on all Apps, leaving only operamini. Etisalat wiped my data without me using it. I asked their rep why was it so and he said Etisalat doesn't have control over the side I visit. Please tell me, does nairaland charge 80mb at a stance? Coz that's what my data settings is reading

4 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Yelutide: 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
nairalandfreak:
When Airtel rolled out its unlimited plan in July I was one of the numerous Nigerians who believed that it was going to be a huge relief to my data challenges. A week before I needed the plan I Int to deposit N10,000 at the Ilorin Airtel Shop
I'd like to state clearly that I am subscribed to [b]Airtel Unlimited 20[/b]which I bought, precisely on Friday 28th of July. I was given a MIFI
a SIM with phone no 08084517720 alongside the data plan.
Since I purchased the device I have not been able to use the product and I have had to subscribe to an alternative network as a back up for Airtel's bad service... this has caused me a lot of money has I have not enjoyed Airtel service for once in the last 27 days.

I have been to Airtel Ilorin contact centre over 5 times complaining about the issue without it being resolved. ( I'd like to state clearly without mincing words that you Shop Manager in Ilorin is TERRIBLE, without no iota of concern for customers) I have call records to prove this.

There was a day I was in Airtel Ilorin contact centre two weeks ago for 3 hours this same man refuse to communicate with me.

Eventually on Friday 4th of August an Airtel engineer was assigned to visit our office he came and attested to the fact that the network was not good despite the fact that an Airtel mast was opposite our office and there was no obstruction. I was assured that the issue would be resolved over that weekend.

But when I came to office on the monday following (7th August) I was shocked to observe that the network was still terrible.

I called the Ilorin contact centre shop manager to tell them the network is still bad almost two weeks after purchasing Airtel Unlimited 20.
When I called the manager I asked him if the engineers came to fix the issue as promised and all he said was "are you the only one experiencing the issue? and I replied his with "how am I supposed to know? He said go and ask people around you if they are experiencing the issue and he ended the call abructly!

I initially refrained from going public but when I contacted airtel via their inbox I was reassured that the issue would be resolved...
I like to state that it is a very long story but I dont want to bore you with it...

The important thing is Airtel kept promising me with diplomatic words that the issue would be resolved but precisely on August 16 while I was trying to make a follow up inquiry on Airtel Facebook I discovered that I had been blocked on Airtel facebook page.. I need to state clearly that I was neither rude nor insultive but Airtel decided to block me because they couldn't profer a solution to my complaint...

I called Airtel again and reported the whole issue and all they could do was reply me with the usual all inconviniecies are regretted.... bla bla bla
It is exactly 27 days today that I subscribed to Airtel unlimited 20 and it is expiring in 3 days time...the data plan was a waste and for complaining to Airtel.. I got blocked.

It is only in Nigeria customers are offered poor service delivery and get blocked for trying to air their view so bad!

Hello OP, so sorry about what you are passing through with that Airtel Network. But I kind of blame you for not first confirming if Airtel Network is strong in your location or not. The problem is not with the Unlimited 20 but with the abysmal network strength in your location.

This is my second month with the unlimited 10 and the network is superb in my area here in PH city. But I also blame Airtel for blocking you on the FB page. It is very wrong of them to do that. Next time, confirm your preferred network strength before you subscribe.

6 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Brunosamel(m): 11:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
nairalandfreak:
When Airtel rolled out its unlimited plan in July I was one of the numerous Nigerians who believed that it was going to be a huge relief to my data challenges. A week before I needed the plan I Int to deposit N10,000 at the Ilorin Airtel Shop
I'd like to state clearly that I am subscribed to [b]Airtel Unlimited 20[/b]which I bought, precisely on Friday 28th of July. I was given a MIFI
a SIM with phone no 08084517720 alongside the data plan.
Since I purchased the device I have not been able to use the product and I have had to subscribe to an alternative network as a back up for Airtel's bad service... this has caused me a lot of money has I have not enjoyed Airtel service for once in the last 27 days.

I have been to Airtel Ilorin contact centre over 5 times complaining about the issue without it being resolved. ( I'd like to state clearly without mincing words that you Shop Manager in Ilorin is TERRIBLE, without no iota of concern for customers) I have call records to prove this.

There was a day I was in Airtel Ilorin contact centre two weeks ago for 3 hours this same man refuse to communicate with me.

Eventually on Friday 4th of August an Airtel engineer was assigned to visit our office he came and attested to the fact that the network was not good despite the fact that an Airtel mast was opposite our office and there was no obstruction. I was assured that the issue would be resolved over that weekend.

But when I came to office on the monday following (7th August) I was shocked to observe that the network was still terrible.

I called the Ilorin contact centre shop manager to tell them the network is still bad almost two weeks after purchasing Airtel Unlimited 20.
When I called the manager I asked him if the engineers came to fix the issue as promised and all he said was "are you the only one experiencing the issue? and I replied his with "how am I supposed to know? He said go and ask people around you if they are experiencing the issue and he ended the call abructly!

I initially refrained from going public but when I contacted airtel via their inbox I was reassured that the issue would be resolved...
I like to state that it is a very long story but I dont want to bore you with it...

The important thing is Airtel kept promising me with diplomatic words that the issue would be resolved but precisely on August 16 while I was trying to make a follow up inquiry on Airtel Facebook I discovered that I had been blocked on Airtel facebook page.. I need to state clearly that I was neither rude nor insultive but Airtel decided to block me because they couldn't profer a solution to my complaint...

I called Airtel again and reported the whole issue and all they could do was reply me with the usual all inconviniecies are regretted.... bla bla bla
It is exactly 27 days today that I subscribed to Airtel unlimited 20 and it is expiring in 3 days time...the data plan was a waste and for complaining to Airtel.. I got blocked.

It is only in Nigeria customers are offered poor service delivery and get blocked for trying to air their view so bad!
still rocking mine bro, i haven't encounter an problem.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Sanchez01: 11:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
kolomax:
story for the gods why did they block him on Facebook then
I honestly don't know why the handler would do so but truth be told, it was a bad move on the part of the person who did.

Sadly, Airtel would pay for the person's wrongdoing. It's a sad situation, really.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Sanchez01: 11:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
cleanshaven:
are you an Airtel staff? If yes please let me know more on unlimited 10, if I pay for for 2months what are the benefits and if I pay for unlimited 15 what am I supposed to get, cos your CC always tell me different things.
The Unlimited 10 plan is an Unlimited internet basic plan of the Airtel Unlimited series recently rolled out.

A monthly subscription plan is N10,000 and if you're subscribing for the first time, I'd recommend you do two months subscription as it would allow you to get a free month extra plus a Mi-Fi device. That is, N20,000= 3 months of unlimited Internet access + a mobile Wi-Fi device.

Another thing to note is that the unlimited 10 plan has a fair usage policy of 40GB monthly. Once you reach the threshold, you would still be able to surf and do other things, just that your data speed would throttle.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Sanchez01: 11:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
cleanshaven:
are you an Airtel staff? If yes please let me know more on unlimited 10, if I pay for for 2months what are the benefits and if I pay for unlimited 15 what am I supposed to get, cos your CC always tell me different things.
The Unlimited 10 plan is an Unlimited internet basic plan of the Airtel Unlimited series recently rolled out.

A monthly subscription plan is N10,000 and if you're subscribing for the first time, I'd recommend you do two months subscription as it would allow you to get a free month extra plus a Mi-Fi device. That is, N20,000= 3 months of unlimited Internet access + a mobile Wi-Fi device.

Another thing to note is that the unlimited 10 plan has a fair usage policy of 40GB monthly. Once you reach the threshold, you would still be able to surf and do other things, just that your data speed would throttle.

The Unlimited 15 plan would get you the same number of Internet access as the unlimited 10 but with a Router as your free device instead of a mobile Wi-Fi.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Dopefiend(m): 12:41am On Aug 26, 2017
Dude you were talking to the computer the whole gademn time bruh

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by ExInferis(m): 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
Cheap is never good and good is never cheap

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by lonelydora: 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
Op, You wan sack person for work?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Ebulonse(m): 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
U stand a chance of making them pay u dearly for this, just sue their sorry ass to court..
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
dewhaley:
WTF is wrong with Nigeria's Network providers.....But this is soso Annoying....I'm sure not only the OP will be having such issue....It's a pity sha...Would have opted for the plan too,, guess I'll stick with my 10k/monthly Spectranet jejely
How many GB?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
like seriously!!!!!!
what a coincidence.
i truly just destroyed my airtel sim i procured 2 weeks ago for the same reason of poor data connectivity before stumbling on your complaint.
no network provider will make me write a second book of lamentation like @ op hence my resolve to do away with them irrespective of the 1k or 2k subsciptions i may have procured.
i would rather stay with mtn data sapping plan than seek all this cheap non-working plans glo and airtel is making us belief with their campaigns via adverts.
however, you can still take them up with consumer protection council of Nigeria and get reprieve.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by uzoormah(m): 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
cleanshaven:
use *223# to check you data balance, am on 2k5 sub too and I always get 10G

Customer care..i kari my right nash up 4 u o
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by ramzylipi(m): 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
Bro, the best place to get your issue resolved on time is their social platform. Just write a very crazy writeup on their twitter handle, your issue will be addressed immediately.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
Airtel is a scam, my 1.5gb don't last more than 15 days and all I do is browse, I don't download anything with it.

Every time am subscribing 2x a months, its not fair and am a student.

Will switch to mtn.....

Scammers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Destinychild263(m): 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
[quote author=lukman post=59815545]I was also scammed when i suscribed to their DOUBLE DATA OFFER #300 for 350MB + 350mb bonus... After the first 350mb was exhausted, all my browsers started showing me 'out of data'..I couldnt use the other bonus 350mb till date.They got me to suscribe by lieing about 100% bonus on my data. I chatted them up but they never replied.. Airtel na waoo

pls wat is d code for dis double data...hw many days for d data
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by TechsNG: 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
And to think that just about 10 mins back, i tweeted my displeasure regarding the network service on twitter. The twitter handle is @meet_sammy.

I just had to transition from the crappy nTel to Airtel unlimited plan and the experience has been worse. Frankly, we aren't getting good value for money in regards to internet connectivity in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Ademoore07(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
Bro, just sue them. Very easy. Just contact a reputable lawyer. This ain't new, MTN had been sued a lot of times. In addition, inform the NCC too
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
One lady inserted her welcome back Airtel sim card with 1gb data in my android phone to browse with because her Android phone got stolen and she hasn't bought another one.Airtel data browsing kept hanging.Another guy who has the same data bonus said he faced similar problem.I was thinking of buying an Airtel sim because of it data bonus.But I changed my mind when I witness Airtel browsing is a flopped.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
WordMetrix:
My own experience is with Etisalat NG. I needed to subscribe for 200mb weekly plan at ₦200. I was directed to this website https://campusbiz.com.ng/etisalat-data-plan/ but to my greatest dismay, I was only credited 150mb instead. I asked them the rationale behind their action and their customer rep said I must have visited the wrong site. They claimed that the 200mb I saw on the above website is a previous plan which is no longer in use. As if that is not enough, I woke up only to be notified that my remaining data balance is 7mb. Note that I subscribed for this plan around 9:00pm, I didn't browse that night till the following day. In order to be sure that this plan sustain me for the week, I restricted background data on all Apps, leaving only operamini. Etisalat wiped my data without me using it. I asked their rep why was it so and he said Etisalat doesn't have control over the side I visit. Please tell me, does nairaland charge 80mb at a stance? Coz that's what my data settings is reading

Curse or swear for glo but I know it is the one network that keeps their word...10g is 10g. Yes , xif is not the fastest but she keeps her word....have been with them for like since they came on board with same sim.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Omofunaab2: 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
MetaHuman:
Mynd44
Lalasomething
Seun

We need this on frontpage.
We can't just allow these useless networks to keep playing konga with our heads.

Ever since I had double charging problem with airtel 2x promo they sent sometimes ago.

I have dumped their sim in the gutter.

Plus they have the shittiest customer service in the country

Its like all their agents don't have home training or something.

You are right about this.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
Sanchez01:

The Unlimited 15 plan would get you the same number of Internet access as the unlimited 10 but with a Router as your free device instead of a mobile Wi-Fi.

Are you well at all, somebody couldn't use the nonsense and you are promoting same thing here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by profemmywise: 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
Airtel can be annoying. for weeks now,I can't browse properly with my phone.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
report them to NCC and sue their asses with a very good lawyer for services not renderef after payment and keep enough concrete proof. it's high time we taught these communications companies a bitter lesson that they will never forget in a hurry.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Maydfourth: 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2017
Anything Awoof dey run belle....
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by profemmywise: 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
Na so Airtel collect my skin subscription no work..20x recharge wey I be dey manage since yesterday them say am not eligible i wan dash out the Sim who need??..make I borrow 5k first
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
Rorachy:
Airtel is a scam, my 1.5gb don't last more than 15 days and all I do is browse, I don't download anything with it.

Every time am subscribing 2x a months, its not fair and am a student.

Will switch to mtn.....

Scammers!
smh! mine doesn't even last up to 9 days. i don't even use instagram with it o! just nairaland and facebook lite.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
WordMetrix:
Etisalat data bonus is a flopped.If they give you 200mb bonus and you open 2 pages on nairaland,you will receive a notification that your mb is 9 mb and you should buy more data.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by ivolt: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
There is a simple rule to follow whenever you want to subscribe for
a data, subscribe for the smaller package first, test the network speed
and then decide if it is good enough before investing in the mega plans.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
Brunosamel:
still rocking mine bro, i haven't encounter an problem.
E be like say you be Airtel customer service representative.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
armadeo:
If you are a heavy data user go for swift or smile of available where you are. The only initial cost is the modem after that n.a. die.

I use swift family plan. 5pm - 9a.m then 24/7 on weekends and public holidays. 64GB for 8k. I find it hard to exhaust. Now i do alternate months sef. So downloads can accumulate for a month.

You may also do the family plan 32gb roll over for the same amount.

All this phone people are thieves. My mtn is wack as hell

Please I will like to port to shift can you tell me more about their plans?and if possible that of smile as well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google / Airtel Tariff Plans: A Guide To Choosing The Best Plan That Suits You / Is This the King of Budget Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.