Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,285 members, 7,839,411 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Your First Day On A Plane - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your First Day On A Plane (13228 Views)

Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) / Your First Day On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Day On A Plane by ricky01: 12:33pm On Feb 22, 2010
oh boy mine was something else, men i was so scared when de thin was about to take off,,,,de pressure be like say na ma belle de oh thin dey take place, i was really scared when we where airborne,,,i cant feel anything unlike de car thin when u go dey see the driver,this one we just dey ip, u nor go even knw watin dey happeb around u, welll its was fun, though it was 15mins flight,
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Jarus(m): 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2010
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2010
THE AMAKA:

zeal?
thanks.
smiley cool
Ur welcome
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Bertbert: 12:56pm On Feb 22, 2010
I have heard so much fearful stories about plane,so when I was in the plane for the first time, I expected a lot but at the end of the day I didnt notice such fearful things. The only thing that I noticed was that my ears were doing me somehow.So I just relaxed and enjoyed my tripe behaving as if I had been travelling by air all the days of my life.Infact it was an enjoyable experience including the nice food which was served on the plane but after eating I was still hungry so I used style to become friendly with one of the air hostess (Trust me na, I be correct ESUT boy )and she supplied me with extra meal and drinks and also gave me her phone number.Infact my first time experience was really interesting.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by wendieposh: 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2010
I can remember my very first time was when i went for excusion,must have been like 7yrs old,
i cried so hard,just seeing that small thing i see in the sky bigger than everyone and everything
was enough for me to cause panic amongst us all, but the first day i flew was funny,i had just
seen a movie on the united states bomb blast(united 93) and i was going to calabar for Glo rock
and rule with my soundcity crew, fortunately or unfortunately for me,my seat was just beside an
arab guy who was praying when i sat down and started coughing,started feeling really uncomfortable
then there was another up front that could not just sit down,i was so scared that i started saying my
last prayers then landing was another issue,was scared shitless, was just sweating but i pulled
thru,nothing happened,no bomb blast no crash landing! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Phemytrend: 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2010
Experience goes like this I was sent on special assignment to Eket. My company bought flight ticket(Economy) for me, getting to airpot i was check in by the Aero Contracts official and we all sat down at one open place with other passengers traveling  to Cross River.

In a few minute  our plane arrive and everybody start to  board the plane, it got to my point to enter i was being welcome by another official so I entered on my way going i saw open sit and all the passengers pass by without making any attempt to sit on those available sit so I look around and realize that the six line up sit(leather) are better off than those behind(cotton) so i decide to sit (first class) since that is how we usually sit inside Molue bus. Right behind me their is man  trying to fix his belt but i could not see very well due to the chair  covering me so i could copy from him how he manage to fix it and I don't want to look like J.J.C in his present so i kept silence, at the same time I was making attempt  to fix the belt as well turn it up and turn it up side down no avail so i kept silence. In the process one attendant just came around me asking  " Sir, What can offer you "  with all smile and enthusiast in me i answer her yes you can give pineapple Juice with that snacks( I don't even know the name of the snacks) the attendant "ok sir " so she place the snack and juice on the small table(all this for these for first class alone).
  During this period of enjoyment galore they were seriously look for me they've checked my sit (economy) i was not there    

BRB
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by uofa(m): 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2010
I have had several flight eperience right from when i waz little but my most memorable was when i travelled from 9ja to the USA enroute holland!It actually started from Benin to Lagos via aero, oh men those planes are too light,and they cos fearful fluttering in ur heart/stomach each time they descend.I promise you frequent fliers on that plane will develop high blood pressure!
Back to the 9ja /USA flight, it waz like 7 to 8hrs or so frm Lagos to holland and like 6hrs plus from holland to USA so i spent almost a day in the air(na God get power)!How did i while away the time?Luckily for me its easy to sleep for that long without hassles cos i dnt hv time to watch movies in the plane!Also i always try to eat everything/drink everything presented to me on the plane. its always a delight too to monitor the planes movement in its map quest (as it passes through other countries/cities and because i had the window,i really enjoyed the beautiful scenery out there!i dnt know why some stupid folks travel by plane and still have the guts to say 'there is no God' At a point in the afternoon the pilot woke us all up and informed us to look through our windows.others far from the window were allowed to stand up,move to the windows and take photos .im sorry i cant describe how beautiful what we saw waz,but it waz like mountains of clouds etc(basically the cosmos).
finally i tried as much as possible to distance myself frm other 9ja people on the plane cos i was scared some of them with dubious motives may slip in a cocaine or some stuff into ma pocket(no be my fault,i did not want to be repartriated home for any silly reason) cos i was going on very legitimate reason/visa, to study!Lol!
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Ayemokhia: 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2010
I have heard so much fearful stories about plane,so when I was in the plane for the first time, I expected a lot but at the end of the day I didnt notice such fearful things. The only thing that I noticed was that my ears were doing me somehow.So I just relaxed and enjoyed my tripe behaving as if I had been travelling by air all the days of my life.Infact it was an enjoyable experience including the nice food which was served on the plane but after eating I was still hungry so I used style to become friendly with one of the air hostess (Trust me na, I be correct ESUT boy )and she supplied me with extra meal and drinks and also gave me her phone number.Infact my first time experience was really interesting.

Up ESUT, I DEY BELIEVE UNA. UNA NO DEY CARRY LAST
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by hackney(m): 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2010
Mine was constant ear popping, head rush  and when the plane took off i had this feeling the
plane was falling backwards.

It doesnt happen anymore though and i cant get enough of the window seat view.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by ohisng(m): 1:54pm On Feb 22, 2010
NOTHING happened. I was already a man before i entered plane so una want make old man dey cry because e enter plane?
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by 2sleek2NV(m): 2:01pm On Feb 22, 2010
first time on an airplane was when i was born so there was no experience
my first conscious experience on a plane was just normal. it was from calabar to lagos.
read so much about being on a plane so i wasn't so thrilled
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2010
What is a plane?

i prefer my wooden canoe any day grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Ayemokhia: 2:14pm On Feb 22, 2010
my first conscious experience on a plane was just normal. it was from calabar to lagos.

dont tell me dat fter reading u were not scared not even an hitch on ur skin. unbelieveable
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by MsTom(f): 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2010
I can be regarded as the adventurous kind of a person. I loved the experience especially the view I got looking out of the window.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Ayemokhia: 2:21pm On Feb 22, 2010
some people 4 here neva enter b4. them just dey talk rom people experience ohhhhhhhh lol grin cheesy smiley
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by tkb417(m): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2010
ohisng:

NOTHING happened. I was already a man before i entered plane so una want make old man dey cry because e enter plane?
lol
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Redman44(m): 2:52pm On Feb 22, 2010
It was a nice experience on the then Virgin Nigeria smiley smiley Pity the Airline went down the drain. Hmn.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by djcrucifix(m): 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2010
never been on a plane before (lol)
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by AjanleKoko: 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2010
2sleek2NV:

Were you born on a plane? undecided
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by jaybee3(m): 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2010
lol
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Donmeca(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2010
My first flight was fun. Already an adult and was looking 4wrd to it. Was even dreaming of catching a pretty queen next seat to chat up but alas! i met an old alhaji and was looking out of the window till we got to Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport here. On d down side, landing was a little problem due to bad weather. we got down alright. Thank God.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by oluclem(m): 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2010
mine wasn't an interesting experience at all. I was sick and i need to go back to my parent in Abuja from Lagos. I had a terrible stomach pain through out the flight period. I almost vomit, but thank God I didn't cos everybody have know is my first time.

After then, It becomes fun traveling by air, In short I since lost count.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by didit1(m): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2010
My first time on the plane was a very uncomfortable one especially when the plane went down for like 4 seconds as if it was dropping from the sky, then we went through a very rough turbulence, that was when i felt like i was already a gonner, but after the whole thing it got better and i was able to have a look at the beautiful view.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by parislomo(f): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2010
My first time was August 2004! And I couldn't stop pinching myself to "feel something"! Till we landed I just didn't feel a thing. . .
And till date, I don't feel a thing when flying!! cheesy

Now ask me about my first time on an escalator. . . That was some hard stuff *still some hard stuff*.
embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by VPG: 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2010
I was busy messing around with my big sister and thinking about the movie Juice and coming to America I didn't even know when the plane landed. Men! that was like 13 years ago. smiley
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Jarus(m): 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2010
First time? Grown up, heard so much but was disappointed no big deal, though felt a little nervous but all those stories I used to hear about plane appeared exaggerated.
Frequency? Not a frequent flier, just like 8-12 times a year.
Turbulence? Experienced it a number of times but remained calm.
Memorable experience? That was the last time, a couple of weeks ago, returning from Abuja to Lagos, flying Aero, poor visibility, so we couldn't land normally. I was sleeping when the announcement on the poor visibility and the necessity of delayed landing. I woke up to see it's past 1 hour and we had not landed. I joked with the man beside me that 'hope we've not gone past Lagos, because we are more than one hour on air and we've not reached Lagos', and teh man told me that the cabin crew had announced poor visibility. A 45- minute trip eventually took  one and half hours, but I still remained calm while the hovering lasted.

I usually buy enough newspapers at the airport to be reading on board, and at times sleep off. Much as I prefer Aero and Arik(on domestic routes, of course), I usually fly the next available flight most times due to my not-so-organized nature like missing flight etc, so I have flown virtually all airlines - Arik, Virgin, Dana, Chachangi, Aero, Bellview, IRS etc.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by wendieposh: 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2010
I have a friend that always lifts up her legs and covers her face all thru the flight
cos shes scared of height! grin grin grin grin grin grin, dont think she can ever get over
her first time cos everytime is always a first time to her!
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by parislomo(f): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2010
2sleek2NV:

Were you born aboard a plane??
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by delegiwa(m): 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2010
I nearly fainted oh.  My wife and I went to Obudu Cattle Ranch for our honey moon.  We went by road, as we felt we needed the sightseeing.  However, the distance left a bad taste in our and we decided to fly on our return leg.

Guys, it wasn't funny oh.  You know the type of plane that flies that Obudu - Calabar - all those small propeller planes.  The noise was horrible, and on top of that, the thing was losing altitude like crazy.  In fact at one time, the altitude loss lasted for like 6 seconds and in that period, I regretted ever getting on a plane.  Meanwhile, my wife was having fun,

It wasn't funny oh.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by tolly4real(f): 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2010
My first day on plane oshhhhhhhhhhhh notin happened while takn off, but the landing no joke i was crying inside of me. I was so scared menhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2010
First flight I was grown and my eardrums wanted to burst from the pressure. Lagos to Enugu and we hit some turbulence, That I come dey wonder if gallops dey for sky like Benin-Ore road.

Though I still travel very frequently but the pressure thing still gets to me.

Last flight: Last monday , Next Flight: Friday.

Wan hear about flying experience then we can talk about my helicopter trip to Bonny Island in 2007/2008 at the peak of MEND's action and I refused to go in a speed boat(As that was too close to MEND)
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by lexicon(m): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2010
There are just two scenarios wen on board . . . . TAKE-OFF & LANDING. Every other thing is normal.  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibom Air Today Celebrate One Million Passengers / FG Inaugurates Freight Services On Apapa-Ibadan Cargo Rail /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.