Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,194 members, 7,839,063 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Your First Day On A Plane - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your First Day On A Plane (13224 Views)

Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) / Your First Day On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Day On A Plane by FFA: 9:28am On Mar 02, 2010
I WAS SCARED BCS IT WAS WHEN NIGERIAN PLANES WHERE CRASHING CONTINUOUSLY, ALL OF US KEPT QUITE AS IF WE WERE IN A MORTUARY, WHEN WE EVENTUALLY LANDED MY 2 EARS WERE BLOCKED BCS I SAT BESIDE THE WINDOWS, I THEN THANK GOD FOR HIS MERCIES
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 02, 2010
^^lol.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by H2O2: 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2010
I enjoy sitting by the windows. The scenery is a thing of beauty.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by 3ndy(f): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by chinesedoll(f): 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
First time on a plane was when I was going to the UK
expected so much but felt nothing, but of cos Landing is another story.
All I was saying to myself was "na me be this" tongue tongue tongue tongue
lol was really feeling like I had been traveling all my life.

Please do not ask me what happened the first time I entered an elevator
I think I fainted,
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by parislomo(f): 8:52am On Mar 04, 2010
chinesedoll:

Please do not ask me what happened the first time I entered an elevator
I think I fainted,

roflol. . .  Just like I pee-d the first time on an ordinary escalator!! embarassed grin grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by chinesedoll(f): 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2010
parislomo:

roflol. . .  Just like I pee-d the first time on an ordinary escalator!! embarassed grin grin

LOL
You do not even want to hear my escalator story, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2010
rockiedink:

@The Amaka, Olisa4all

and here I was thinking I was the only one hooked on ACI. . .

I still dream of becoming a commercial pilot. . . when I can raise the funds. I'd so lurv to fly the A340 (a proper plane with 4 engines!!!)

Tell me Olisa, I gather you're either already a pilot or training to be one; what do you fly?

Amaka what would you love to fly? pls dont tell me the 737. . .
ur close tho,its still in d works anyway,jst finishd servin my nation. . .my dads one&i wanna rush b4 he retires,lol
its only arik(in nigeria tha is)that hs a plane close to da A340,lets hope wen da time comes,othera wud've stepped up
@Amaka flight attendants get paid a lot o . . .but still,u've not sed anything but bcomin a pilottess lol
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 2:14am On Mar 05, 2010
Olisa4all:

@Amaka flight attendants get paid a lot o . . .but still,u've not sed anything but bcomin a pilottess lol
i really want to but where is the money? and im not joining any air force, HELL NO!!!
so i guess that one is just kinda gone. . . undecided embarassed
flight attendant seems like the ultimate job!!! if only they made at least $20,000 more. cheesy cheesy cheesy
so confused. . .
i mean i think i would look hott though.
cool tongue
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 4:45am On Mar 05, 2010
THE AMAKA:

i really want to but where is the money? and im not joining any air force, HELL NO!!!
so i guess that one is just kinda gone. . . undecided embarassed
flight attendant seems like the ultimate job!!! if only they made at least $20,000 more. cheesy cheesy cheesy
so confused. . .
i mean i think i would look hott though.
cool tongue
l0l . .dat seems2b d probs. .d money,b4it used2b "d risk",l0l. .$20k 4flight attendants?dunno if dey earn up2dat here tho pilots earn like 3 to 4times dat amount. .
Gettin a sponsor n signin an agreement is another option. .
Airlines sponsor as well,i only kno of nigerian eagle air,i gues dey've stopped tho. .its pretty tuf. .jst blive. .keep d passion glowin,keep tweetin it. .
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 4:48am On Mar 05, 2010
no, what i was saying was i wished flight attendants made at least $20,000 more than what they already make. then i would be more pumped to sign up for it.
but anywho. . .
i talk to one guy, he is a pilot and was sponsored. LUCKY HIM!!!!!
and thanks. wink smiley
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by parislomo(f): 10:48am On Mar 05, 2010
chinesedoll:

LOL
You do not even want to hear my escalator story, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Pray do tell. . . lol
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by chinesedoll(f): 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2010
parislomo:

Pray do tell. . . lol

lol
Do not use it against me in the future,
I was at the bus station on my first day, with luggage and stuffs
and i was supposed to go like to the underground to get a cab, but to go down I needed to use the escalator, God knows that I looked for an alternative but I could not find anyone around, so I started to study the oyinbo people beleive me I studied them for more than 15mins after then I gathered the courage but my sister the moment i put one leg I fell flat on my face with my bags coming after me. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Am so glad that I can laugh over this story now cos back the Ko funny rara'.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by parislomo(f): 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2010
chinesedoll:

lol
and i was supposed to go like to the underground to get a cab, but to go down I needed to use the escalator, God knows that I looked for an alternative but I could not find anyone around, so I started to study the oyinbo people beleive me I studied them for more than 15mins after then I gathered the courage but my sister the moment i put one leg I fell flat on my face with my bags coming after me. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I've been laughing and can't stop. . Typing through misty eyes cos of hard laugh! oh my days!! I can imagine "ko funny rara" cos that kain thing na only you fit understand am.
After studying oyinbo people for over 15mins you still fell yakata! lwkmdddd. . .
Good thing is you can recall it and have a good laugh. Are you a pro yet?? Cos I still get to recite my psalms anytime I have to go on it o! I can't explain what that thing does to my legs **and head** lol. . .
Don't worry I won't use it against you remember I'd an embarassing experience too. Thanks for sharing

grin grin grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
chinesedoll:

lol

My ribs hv virtually cracked
@Amaka. .20k isnt dat bad naw,is it?
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by tayo2010: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2010
My first day on a plane.

Was nervous. Prayed hard to Land safely. Never knew I could pray fervently over a long period of time, until I boarded a plane.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by suxes2005(m): 7:31pm On Mar 05, 2010
Lots of funny stuffs here.

Dnt wrry in some, time i'l post mine

SHALOM
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 12:56am On Mar 06, 2010
Olisa4all:

@Amaka. .20k isnt dat bad naw,is it?
20k more than what the average flight attendant makes now.
THAT's the ideal for me.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2010
THE AMAKA:

20k more than what the average flight attendant makes now.
THAT's the ideal for me.

Lets hp dey start makin up2dat amount . . .soon. .
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2010
Olisa4all:

Lets hp dey start makin up2dat amount . . .soon. .
yeah, i hope. smiley
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 08, 2010
smiley
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by airzzee(m): 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2010
@Olisa4all & The Amaka,
Sorry 4 steppin aside 4 a long while.

Quote from: Olisa4all on February 26, 2010, 11:51 AM
lol@wat not. .
Well,human error&luck jst wsnt on deir side. .
"d plane dat fought bak"?i can remember d name tho,guess dey'll repeat it again. .i didnt watch ACI al tru last yr(cos of d clarion call)so i cant really remember d hudson crash,but if i watch d 1st 5mins,everything'll come bak,l0l. .
Dere's an episode where d planes engines failed,d pilot managed2crash land in d sea,some passengers died,most survived. .is dat d1?

THE AMAKA (f)

on the hudson crash EVERYONE survived, AMAZINGLY!!! no one died.
the only story i can think that is relative to your description is the Ethiopian Hijack, and i know you aren't talking about that one.
so type in "the plane that fought back" and it should be there on youtube, along with every other ACI episode. the one about 9/11

U re right The Amaka. It's the Ethopian Airlines crash. The pilot could not convince the hijackers that he had no enough fuel to fly to Australia (of all places)!! Midair, the plane suffered fuel starvation [dont mind me I use their language register now; I'm almost a pilot now, lol]. The pilot managed to ditch the plane on the ocean. Unfortunately some pple still died. Most of the pple that died failed to heed to AIR CREW WARNING "NEVER INFLATE YOUR LIFE JACKET INSIDE THE PLANE!!"

Well, I have watched severel of the them. I cant really remember their names/titles, but I love these episodes of ACI

1. Mistaken Identity: Where the US Naval War Ship errorneously (mistakingly; hence the name mistaking Identity) shot down Iran Airlines, thinking it was an F15 war plane. That was at the heat of the gulf war. US refused to apologise, saying they took proper measure before firing. 

2. KLM collision with another plane on the runway, which left several people dead. THe KLM pilot was impatient, and did not wait for final clearance before he took off, unfortunately there was another Jumbo plane taxiing on the runway. THe KLM was in a hurry apparently because his destination airport was about to close that night. He was rushing to beat the airport closing time but did he?

3. In this episode, Iraqi terrorists shot at a DHL cargo plane with an Rocket Propelled Granade (RPG), and injured the right (or was it left) wing. This affected the plane's hydraulic systems that control the aircraft. Yet, the pilot managed to land safely.

4. THe Fedex plane struggle where a depressed staff member of Fedex wanted to hijack the plane and commit suicide, using the plane. It was a terrible struggle b/c the man injured the 2 pilots & struck one of them unconscious. But they still managed to land the plane.

5. Kid in the cockpit: where a pilot brought his two teenage children into the cockpit and handed over the controls to them; unknowing to the pilot, the autopilot was disengaged by the boy and the plane crashed into the ocean, killing all on board

6. The volcanish ash episode; where the plane flew across a mountain that just witnessed a volcanic erruption. The volcanic ash block the engine power and the 4 engines went off. But luck smiled at them, that the engines started roaring back to life as the plane was to crash into the ocean.

7. The Hudson near-crash of January 2009, although this is not yet in ACI documentary. Maybe, I should invite the 2 of you to re-enact it. lol

I have many, many others in my head. My good friends, I know you will have enjoyed this. But, let me not bore other pple.

@Olisa4all
I understnd u come 4rm a Pilot's family. Could u pls, assist me with the question I posed early? What is the takeoff angle of most airplanes? I do NOT mean the Climbing angle(s); I mean takeoff. I know it varies from plane to plane. Can i have the range?

Honestly, I would have loved to be a pilot. I love airplanes. I sincerely do.

In fact, Air Crash investigation documentaries have made me to be aware of what to do in case there is a mayday - GOD FORBID!
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 1:35am On Mar 12, 2010
I've watched every episode that you just mentioned.
and sadly, that is why most people died, they were panicking and didn't listen to this rules.
poor people.
that pilot on the ethiopian jet is a hero!!!
smiley
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 2:06am On Mar 12, 2010
^^watched every episode mentioned as well. .as4d angle . .i dnt kno d answer2dat but i'll ask tho. .&i'm not 4rm a family of pilots o,l0l. .amaka,u sed al d episodes r on youtube,right?
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 2:24am On Mar 12, 2010
Olisa4all:

^^watched every episode mentioned as well. .as4d angle . .i dnt kno d answer2dat but i'll ask tho. .&i'm not 4rm a family of pilots o,l0l. .amaka,u sed al d episodes r on youtube,right?
i believe so. i think there are close to 30 episodes.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 4:08am On Mar 12, 2010
looks like I'l download d whole lot. .i might even make a dvd,l0l. .dnt worry I'l send u a copy
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 5:07am On Mar 12, 2010
Olisa4all:

looks like I'l download d whole lot. .i might even make a dvd,l0l. .dnt worry I'l send u a copy
lol
guess what?!?!?!?!  shocked shocked shocked shocked
within the last 10 minutes i just finished watching the abdulmuttallab "underwear bomber"  special on "Discovery Channel"
really sad to watch, and very interesting at the same time.
just premiered today and i just so happen to catch it TV.
the guy who played the bomber was a cutie! lol unlike mutallab. tongue
i don't know how soon they will post it on youtube, but im sure someone will within the next week, SO KEEP A LOOKOUT FOR IT!  wink
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 9:57am On Mar 12, 2010
WAAAAT! i wont b surprised if it isnt there already. .I'l search4it l8r 2day. .hw u doin?
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2010
Olisa4all:

WAAAAT! i wont b surprised if it isnt there already. .I'l search4it l8r 2day. .hw u doin?
I'm doing good. its a very interesting episode, kept me on the edge of my seat.
its not an "Air Crash Investigation" but some special that i just happened to catch on.
funny enough, i was searching the channels and "The Flight That Fought Back" was on. i thought to myself "OMG!!! let me watch this" so i did.
and during the commercials the advertisement for "Underwear Bomber" said "coming up next!!" and i was like shocked shocked shocked "Already?"
lol
so yeah, the findings of that case are very funny.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 3:03pm On Mar 12, 2010
THE AMAKA:

I'm doing good. its a very interesting episode, kept me on the edge of my seat.
its not an "Air Crash Investigation" but some special that i just happened to catch on.
funny enough, i was searching the channels and "The Flight That Fought Back" was on. i thought to myself "OMG!!! let me watch this" so i did.
and during the commercials the advertisement for "Underwear Bomber" said "coming up next!!" and i was like shocked shocked shocked "Already?"
lol
so yeah, the findings of that case are very funny.

Underwear bomber,l0l . .now i'm laggin behind. .i'm sure dey'l show it again soon. .keep d updates comin tho. .
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2010
okay ooooo. lol i laughed at "underwear bomber" also.
na wa!!! the guy that played him was fine, i still can't get over that.
ugly mutallab and a fine guy playing him. lol
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2010
looks can b deceptive o,l0l . .but d initial pics of mutalab wsnt dat bad naw. .d ones where he ws a lot younger tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide / Studying and Working In South Africa / FG Inaugurates Freight Services On Apapa-Ibadan Cargo Rail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.