Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,686 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Your First Day On A Plane - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your First Day On A Plane (13223 Views)

Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) / Your First Day On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2010
THE AMAKA:

yeah i remember that one. really sad. and it was a wonderful jet as well.  embarassed cool thing is they had actual footage of that incident as well.
i pretty much remember all of them. lol
but the KLM- Pan Am documentary is the best!!
it was basically just series of unfortunate events (some in which, were avoidable)  embarassed
Pan Am (which i think stands for Pan American) got a lot of crap. they even had their B747 blown up over Lockerbie Scotland, and other terror threats. sigh. . .
they eventually shut down, for reasons which i don't know

Yeah,jst a series of unfortunate events,dey rnt down n out tho,dey've got a very very good flyin skool,one of d best(if ur still considerin,as i am). .guess dats wat PanAm means too. .PanAmerican,l0l,
waitin4d sept 11 crash episode,tho we kno wat happened,d presenters make it super interestin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 26, 2010
Year:  Spring 1997
Destination: Jamaica via American Airlines
Mood: excited UNTIL the turbulence came! LOL.
*but now I fly often and I LOVE it!

**update my first flight EVER was in 1989 when I was a few months old but 1997 is the[b] first that I remember[/b].
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 12:31am On Feb 26, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Year: Spring 1997

MzDarkSkin:

Year: Spring 1997

Miss Jamaica,so now ur 21. .l0l. Jst kiddin tho. .turbulence isnt dat bad,guess wat people r scared of is crashin. .
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 2:58am On Feb 26, 2010
Olisa4all:

Yeah,jst a series of unfortunate events,dey rnt down n out tho,dey've got a very very good flyin skool,one of d best(if your still considerin,as i am). .guess dats wat PanAm means too. .PanAmerican,l0l,
waitin4d sept 11 crash episode,tho we kno wat happened,d presenters make it super interestin
so you watched it, ehh? what did you think of it?
well i think there was an ACI episode or at least a documentary on the 9/11 crash.
i think its called "the plane that fought back" or something like that.
and i really enjoyed the one about the hudson crash as well, because you get to REALLY know what happened and get stories from passengers and what not.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 26, 2010
Olisa4all:

Miss Jamaica,so now your 21. .l0l. Jst kiddin tho. .turbulence isnt dat bad,guess wat people r scared of is crashin. .

Funny thing is I never thought about death! Even to this day I for some reason feel relaxed and it never crosses my mind cool. The longest I've been on a plane was about 3.5 hours so I guess I didnt expect much. I would like to go to Africa but I hear the flight to some parts is 16+ hours!  shocked
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 11:51am On Feb 26, 2010
THE AMAKA:

so you watched it, ehh? what did you think of it?
well i think there was an ACI episode or at least a documentary on the 9/11 crash.
i think its called "the plane that fought back" or something like that.
and i really enjoyed the one about the hudson crash as well, because you get to REALLY know what happened and get stories from passengers and what not.

lol@wat not. .
Well,human error&luck jst wsnt on deir side. .
"d plane dat fought bak"?i can remember d name tho,guess dey'll repeat it again. .i didnt watch ACI al tru last yr(cos of d clarion call)so i cant really remember d hudson crash,but if i watch d 1st 5mins,everything'll come bak,l0l. .
Dere's an episode where d planes engines failed,d pilot managed2crash land in d sea,some passengers died,most survived. .is dat d1?
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Funny thing is I never thought about death! Even to this day I for some reason feel relaxed and it never crosses my mind cool. The longest I've been on a plane was about 3.5 hours so I guess I didnt expect much. I would like to go to Africa but I hear the flight to some parts is 16+ hours!  shocked
True,but it depends on wat part tho. .wat bout those dat fly to asia?a friend of mine sed he didnt see d sun set in 24hrs,l0l
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2010
Olisa4all:

lol@wat not. .
Well,human error&luck jst wsnt on deir side. .
"d plane dat fought bak"?i can remember d name tho,guess dey'll repeat it again. .i didnt watch ACI al tru last yr(cos of d clarion call)so i cant really remember d hudson crash,but if i watch d 1st 5mins,everything'll come bak,l0l. .
Dere's an episode where d planes engines failed,d pilot managed2crash land in d sea,some passengers died,most survived. .is dat d1?
on the hudson crash EVERYONE survived, AMAZINGLY!!! no one died.  cheesy
the only story i can think that is relative to your description is the Ethiopian Hijack, and i know you aren't talking about that one.
so type in "the plane that fought back" and it should be there on youtube, along with every other ACI episode. the one about 9/11
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 4:38pm On Feb 26, 2010
THE AMAKA:

on the hudson crash EVERYONE survived, AMAZINGLY!!! no one died.  cheesy
the only story i can think that is relative to your description is the Ethiopian Hijack, and i know you aren't talking about that one.
so type in "the plane that fought back" and it should be there on youtube, along with every other ACI episode. the one about 9/11

Ur right bout d ethiopia air crash,d pilot ws given a national honour,right?its kinda comin bak,l0l. .those guys shd set up camp in 9ja,do u hw many episodes. .Sry seasons dey'l come up wiv?l0l. .it amazes me hw u remember d names of each episode. .
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2010
Olisa4all:

True,but it depends on wat part tho. .wat bout those dat fly to asia?a friend of mine sed he didnt see d sun set in 24hrs,l0l

WOW. thats crazy! But atleast you'd get there in a day's time undecided
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 12:13am On Feb 27, 2010
Technicaly,its a day. . .but no dusk,l0l
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 12:57am On Feb 27, 2010
Olisa4all:

your right bout d ethiopia air crash,d pilot ws given a national honour,right?its kinda comin bak,l0l. .those guys shd set up camp in 9ja,do u hw many episodes. .Sry seasons dey'l come up wiv?l0l. .it amazes me hw u remember d names of each episode. .
i really don't know how i remember these names. i tend to remember things that are good, and things that i like.
yes he was given an award, along with the "hudson crash" pilot.
i really don't know how many episodes or seasons. but i think there are close to 35 episodes? (well at least that is how many i think i have watched so far)
undecided
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by 3ndy(f): 3:32am On Feb 27, 2010
mmmm actually i was nine and a half, abt 2 travel 2 europe,
i was held by my uncle and never let be coz he was scared i could fall off the plane, hw possible don't ask me,
my elder brothers and sisters 2 were all scared so fo the first time in their lives they obbeyed our uncle and sat quiet and still throughout the fly,
but my brother the second 2 the last, felt he was 2 bold 2 be scared of the flight so he played around all the time, so when the plane started losing quota wanting to land (u all know d sensation u feel i guess, seems like being in a rollercoaster) he felt so bad he puked, i laughed till i got ill that evening, and the trip wasn't really exciting though coz it was in april and in europe it was deeeeemmmmmm freezing
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 11:35am On Feb 27, 2010
THE AMAKA:

i really don't know how i remember these names. i tend to remember things that are good, and things that i like.
yes he was given an award, along with the "hudson crash" pilot.
i really don't know how many episodes or seasons. but i think there are close to 35 episodes? (well at least that is how many i think i have watched so far)
undecided
35?i bet I've mixed up sum episodes wiv "seconds 4rm disaster" u watch dat right? I dnt think dey've got new episodes of ACI,do dey?
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Stallion84(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2010
after take off, ascending tru the sky, i felt the plane was falling back and wld nt reach the standard altitude. my ears popping and cld barely hear a sound. Goosh the meal was so lite that i swallowed all in a gulp
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 12:51pm On Feb 27, 2010
3ndy:

mmmm actually i was nine and a half, abt 2 travel 2 europe,
i was held by my uncle and never let be coz he was scared i could fall off the plane, hw possible don't ask me,
my elder brothers and sisters 2 were all scared so fo the first time in their lives they obbeyed our uncle and sat quiet and still throughout the fly,
but my brother the second 2 the last, felt he was 2 bold 2 be scared of the flight so he played around all the time, so when the plane started losing quota wanting to land (u all know d sensation u feel i guess, seems like being in a rollercoaster) he felt so bad he puked, i laughed till i got ill that evening, and the trip wasn't really exciting though coz it was in april and in europe it was deeeeemmmmmm freezing
Nice. . .but wat were u guys scared of?
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2010
I was in my adolescent yrs my 1st tym on board n i waz a bit agitated.bt i started luvin it later.infact i luv flying dan road.its thriling n fun especialy wen u go wit ur friends.i find it more exciting wen d plane is ascending 2wads d cloud or descending
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by 3ndy(f): 3:17pm On Feb 27, 2010
@olisa4all
don't really know, guess we were 2 used in seeing our feet on the ground and didn't like a flying engine,
although after seeing con air and other american films where d flight always seem 2 crush i guess it was kind of acceptable we were scared
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2010
no i don't watch "seconds from disaster"
hmmmmm i looked it up, and it seems to be a mixture of different "disasters" and not just aviation.
but i will check it out.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2010
@3ndy,tot as much. .not 4gettin "snakes on a plane"l0l. .

Amaka,"seconds 4rm disaster" is a combination of other unfortunate events,but dere r some episodes dat relates wiv those 4rm ACI,dey jst present it 4rm a different perspective. . hw r u doin by d way?
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2010
I'm doing good.
caught myself watching a repeat on an ACI episode last night. GAH!!! there have been no new ones uploaded.
embarassed
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2010
Olisa4all:

Technicaly,its a day. . .but no dusk,l0l

lol true. one thing's certain I would definitely be ready to get off after 3 hours lol.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 7:54pm On Feb 27, 2010
@Amaka,l0l. .ur hooked ACI. .as much as my heart goes to dose who lose deir lives in disasters,i wanna c NEW EPISODES,l0l

Mzdarkskin,where will u go after 3hrs in a 24hr flight?
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 12:31am On Feb 28, 2010
Olisa4all:

@Amaka,l0l. .your hooked ACI. .as much as my heart goes to dose who lose deir lives in disasters,i wanna c NEW EPISODES,l0l
it sounds horrible to say, but i wish the same too! but not all ACI included death. but i guess they were "near death" experiences.
and i know there were probably some air crashes that happened back when that didn't get episodes. or maybe the countries never performed an air investigation so the answer on why they crashes still remains.
remember the air france that got lost/crashes around brazil sometime last year? and the yemen plane that did as well in the comoros islands around 6 months ago, as well?
hopefully they will be solved and turned into episodes.
smiley
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 28, 2010
@ Olisa I guess nowhere but to sleep lol. grin I'd have no choice.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 8:24am On Feb 28, 2010
THE AMAKA:

it sounds horrible to say, but i wish the same too! but not all ACI included death. but i guess they were "near death" experiences.
and i know there were probably some air crashes that happened back when that didn't get episodes. or maybe the countries never performed an air investigation so the answer on why they crashes still remains.
remember the air france that got lost/crashes around brazil sometime last year? and the yemen plane that did as well in the comoros islands around 6 months ago, as well?
hopefully they will be solved and turned into episodes.
smiley
Tru. . But its a pretty long time 2fully investigate an air crash,sumtimes it takes years,so dnt expect2c dose anytime soon. .if dey do come up wiv sum,holla@me o,l0l. .
MzDarkSkin,jst buy a 1st class ticket, u might not kno wen d 24hrs elapses. .
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 1:07pm On Feb 28, 2010
I will be sure to do that.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by rockiedink(m): 10:54pm On Mar 01, 2010
@The Amaka, Olisa4all

and here I was thinking I was the only one hooked on ACI. . .

I still dream of becoming a commercial pilot. . . when I can raise the funds. I'd so lurv to fly the A340 (a proper plane with 4 engines!!!)

Tell me Olisa, I gather you're either already a pilot or training to be one; what do you fly?

Amaka what would you love to fly? pls dont tell me the 737. . .
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by rockiedink(m): 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2010
as for the AF crash of last June; the FDR & CVR have been found. . .

but you know the french the way they are. . . always willing to cover everything up and make it hush hush. . . like they did with the Concorde of 200. . .
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 1:01am On Mar 02, 2010
rockiedink:

as for the AF crash of last June; the FDR & CVR have been found. . .

but you know the french the way they are. . . always willing to cover everything up and make it hush hush. . .  like they did with the Concorde of 200. . .
Yeah, very true.

rockiedink:

@The Amaka, Olisa4all

and here I was thinking I was the only one hooked on ACI. . .

I still dream of becoming a commercial pilot. . . when I can raise the funds. I'd so lurv to fly the A340 (a proper plane with 4 engines!!!)

Tell me Olisa, I gather you're either already a pilot or training to be one; what do you fly?

Amaka what would you love to fly? pls dont tell me the 737. . .
YESS!!!! ACI IS THE BEST!!!   grin (the narrator has a really creepy voice though, kinda hard watching it at night. lol)
and im not really a fan of the 737, one of my least favorite boeings actually.
i love the 777 and 747, those are my favorites.
you said you want to pilot the a340? im not too much a fan of airbus but my profile picture looks pretty good  cool
i really want to be one too but its too expensive and i don't want to join the air force. i still love planes but i dont think i want to be a flight attendant/stewardess either because they don't really make that much money.
but then again youre being paid to travel, fly, have fun!!!  cheesy
im confused sha.
  undecided
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by H2O2: 1:02am On Mar 02, 2010
Never been on plane. Came here by ship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide / Studying and Working In South Africa / FG Inaugurates Freight Services On Apapa-Ibadan Cargo Rail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.