Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,313 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Your First Day On A Plane - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your First Day On A Plane (13227 Views)

Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) / Your First Day On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Day On A Plane by twinskenny(m): 9:25am On Feb 23, 2010
lol i was sweaty through out,
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 10:06am On Feb 23, 2010
airzzee:

Nice to knw I'm nt alone in this "wierd" progrme. I tot I m d only person dt loves it. Dt's my best, & best, & d best TV prgrme 4 me. I learn a lot from it. Mayb, we shall a thread to discuss d episodes we watched. I love planes badly. At times, I feel I can fly one without going thru d training; just by watching AC investigation. Thanks dear

Tnx Olisa,
That's my favourite TV progrme. I can do without it

But, I disagree wit u concerning your stats. Most crashes are caused by human error - from the ground crew, to the cabin crew error.

Errors4rm d pilots i meant2say
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by maclatunji: 11:25am On Feb 23, 2010
My first flying experience was normal, I like the way the sky looks (Kind of like the ocean). I had some white guys laughing at the Flight Attendants while they were doing the Pre-flight safety routine or is it lecture. I must admit I found it amusing too.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2010
@airzzee and Olisa4all
YEAH!!!!
you guys love ACI as much as I do. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
very true, about 3/5 of the time it was not pilot error that caused the crash.
one of my favorite shows, and there haven't been any new episodes. it seems i've watched them all. embarassed

airzzee:

Nice to knw I'm nt alone in this "wierd" progrme. I tot I m d only person dt loves it. Dt's my best, & best, & d best TV prgrme 4 me. I learn a lot from it. Mayb, we shall a thread to discuss d episodes we watched. I love planes badly. At times, I feel I can fly one without going thru d training; just by watching AC investigation. Thanks dear

me too. smiley
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by lahips: 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2010
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 12:31pm On Feb 23, 2010
THE AMAKA:

@airzzee and Olisa4all
YEAH!!!!
you guys love ACI as much as I do. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
very true, about 3/5 of the time it was not pilot error that caused the crash.
one of my favorite shows, and there haven't been any new episodes. it seems i've watched them all. embarassed

me too. smiley
Blive me,u wudnt b able2move an inch jst by watchin,l0l
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2010
Olisa4all:

Blive me,u wudnt b able2move an inch jst by watchin,l0l
yeah sometimes i do get caught up in "the moment" grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Moyola(f): 12:49pm On Feb 23, 2010
I was told abt hwz gon b i.e when itz abt to take off n all. . .so nothing much! tongue
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2010
lahips:

My first day on a plane was just a normal day, but funny enough i now hate flying cause i experienced turbulence late last year onboard and it stays fresh on my memory everytime i am onboard, i tend to always think negatively and cannot wait for the flight to land, i hope i get over it cause i limit most of my trips just because i dont want to use a flight.

U'd beta get ova it quickly cos dats d safest means of transportation. .
THE AMAKA:

yeah sometimes i do get caught up in "the moment"  grin
THE AMAKA:

yeah sometimes i do get caught up in "the moment"  grin
Dats wat d "passion" does. 'l0l
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 12:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
Olisa4all:

Dats wat d "passion" does. 'l0l
wink wink wink
even when im bored sometimes i'll just watch countless videos of planes landing and taking off. lol
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Amigoz(f): 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2010
I slept 99% of the journey and was sick the remaining 1% cheesy
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2010
^^^L0l
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by martinosi: 3:17pm On Feb 23, 2010
I was just like being in along bus-ride that i wished would end soon!!!
The Hype of getting in a plane ended when the plane took off!!!
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by denony(m): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2010
mine was fun, u might think am a frequent traveller
from the port of entry to the discharge port,
i did everything as if am entering my normal hummer bus from lagos to east
even though i have to travel for almost 17 hrs from naija to asia. 9hrs each

i enjoyed everything on it, it was fun
i used QATAR AIRWAYS i like everything about them
their Crew, the babes fine nobi small
their food, their services, i really enjoyed it all
there is nothing like panick, i was relaxed
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by DeepSoul(f): 6:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
I cant remember my 1st day

But I remember my last day (yesterday!)

Omo, see turbulence! I almost wet my pants. I had to hold a stranger's hand for most of the journey! Lol
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by airzzee(m): 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2010
@Amak & Olisa4all

Pls, who knows the initial takeoff (NOT CLIMBING) angle of airplanes? I ve been trying to figure that out. Pls, if u get that, let me know.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by nairaner(m): 8:41pm On Feb 23, 2010
HMNN! It wasnt funny back then. I was on my way to my first family Holiday in the UK on British Airways. After managing to get through the take off wahala, STRUGGLLINGGGG to remain calm as i had been forming frequent-flier for this babe (whom i was tryna chatup) who sat right next to me with my younger bro on my other side. Each time i heard the seat belt warning alert sound, i would slowly look aeround as i wrongly made out that it was a serious danger sign.

Dinner time: The air hostess, a pretty white lady pushing a compact trolley packed with food, got to my seat as she was servingeard was and asked me a question with a smile (I assumed she liked me cos the smile sha) but what i actually heard was "Spri Spri Spri Spri Spri". I made out she was offering me food following her subtle sign language pointing at the tray infront of her. Not wanting to embarrass my self in front of this girl who i had managed to toast with a few good chats, i thought it would be wise to eat something i was used to and not anything new that could possibly make me purge. So i opted for Garry with Ogbonno soup lipsrsealed . Ofcourse you guess right on what happened next shocked. The girl bursts into serious laughter.

Landing time: After a series of weightlessness which generated some "hard man" panics, the plane attempted to touch ground i thought it was the end, a crash so i shouted YEH" and almost held onto this girl i was supposed to be toasting. The plain finally settles and then i ask her to give me her contact in Nigeria but she refused cry

Man that 6-hour flight was like 12 hours. Hey if you are that babe, say wots you. I WAS DIEING FOR YOU EHHNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2010
THE AMAKA:

wink wink wink
even when im bored sometimes i'll just watch countless videos of planes landing and taking off. lol
l0l,u've redefined d word passion,gues ur profile pic sez it all. .
airzzee:

@Amak & Olisa4all

Pls, who knows the initial takeoff (NOT CLIMBING0 angle of airplanes? I ve been trying to figure that out. Pls, if u get that, let me know.

Do u wanna bcom a pilot?l0l
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2010
No recollection of the first time because I was very young

Oba234:

My first day on a plane was when I was 10 yrs old leaving from murtala airport to the US via amsterdam. I was expecting an entrance on the ground where I climb on the steps like in the movies, so I was shocked when I was led into a corner that lead me inside a plane. At first, I didn't even know I was on a plane untill take off. I remembered my aunt had made puff puff and she put it in a cooler for us to eat on the plane. Till today, I still don't know what happen to that puff puff. That day was the last time I was in Nigeria and I haven't been back since. I thought airline food was disgusting and I refused to eat anything except tootsie roll candy. There was a white lady that ate everything on her plate spot clean and I kept looking at her like is the food really that good? She was looking at me crazy because everytime they gave me a plate of food, I wouldn't touch it the flight attendant will come back and pick the plate just as it was when the food was given. I was an unaccompany minor with my 2 siblings, so we were on our own and I was the oldest at 10yrs old. I get motion sickness, so by the end of my plane ride, I had thrown up on myself. I remembered they took me in another room to wipe me down. When I got to amsterdam, I didn't understand their english. It was too fast for me. They ask whether I had any weapons in my luggage and since I didn't understand what she was asking I nod my head and said yes. The woman had a concern look on her face untill one nice yoruba man explained what she was saying to me in Yoruba and then I change my answer. They took us to some place where we stay for some hours untill our plane arrived. whew, That was the longest plane ride of my life. I wasn't scared or afraid. I just felt nauseous through out the plane ride especially from amsterdam to the US.

Don't know when you took your trip but I flew KLM through Amsterdam to the Far East every holiday from Naija boarding school when my family lived there in the 80s. I was in my early teens at the time and really enjoyed how the flight attendants spoilt me silly each time at that lounge they had for UMs in Amsterdam. Wonder if they are still as nice to Nigerian kids today undecided Back then the whole criminal intent thing about Nigerians had not gained ground and I always felt like royalty with all the attention from the ladies in blue.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 1:03am On Feb 24, 2010
Olisa4all:

l0l,u've redefined d word passion,gues your profile pic sez it all. .Do u wanna bcom a pilot?l0l
yes my profile pic says it all  wink

i think the angle is around 45? I'm not sure. but it really depends on the type of aircraft
but i think i know someone who can answer that.
  wink
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by suxes2005(m): 8:11am On Feb 24, 2010
Mine was in the dream. LOL

(Dnt worry very soon I'l post a life experience)

I saw myself flying to UK, and when we got there,
I went to a church and was playing the drum set.

I woke up to c myself in 9ja

SHALOM
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by idifu(m): 9:24am On Feb 24, 2010
i dont remember cuz av bin getting on plane since age 5
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by CovenantChild(m): 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
Hey pips, Never been in one befor, Every day and night i dream, think, feel, and even experience one even with my imagination, Had friends who flyes at will and even had one whom i went with to the American Embassy To Get her Visa, Been dreaming of travelling all my life, Kind of on the Fantasey land, I Love planes and could stay awake all night doing nothing other than just looking up above in the Skies, Looking at the PRETTY metalic giant Birds, Anybody wishes to give me a trip? Will be very glad to the Soul.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by CovenantChild(m): 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2010
Hey pips, Never been in one befor, Every day and night i dream, think, feel, and even experience one even with my imagination, Had friends who flyes at will and even had one whom i went with to the American Embassy To Get her Visa, Been dreaming of travelling all my life, Kind of on the Fantasey land, I Love planes and could stay awake all night doing nothing other than just looking up above in the Skies, Looking at the PRETTY metalic giant Birds, Anybody wishes to give me a trip? Will be very glad to the Soul.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2010
well if you people can't remember, write about your first experience that you actually did remember.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2010
THE AMAKA:

well if you people can't remember, write about your first experience that you actually did remember.

Hmmm,in dat case,twas 4rm Lagos2douala,we almost missed d flight cos we got2airport late,so we were virtually runnin al tru til we got onboard,its stil fuzzy but i remember d food ws wack&almost every other person onboard spoke french,l0l. .wasnt an al too bad experience tho. .
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by na2day2(m): 11:20pm On Feb 24, 2010
CovenantChild:

psst! i hear al-qaed is recruiting in northern nigeria
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 6:29am On Feb 25, 2010
this thread is really dry.
where are my aviation lovers?  cheesy
@Olisa4all & airzzee
what is your favorite episode of ACI? well my favorite episode (i have a lot of favorites) is the Ethiopian Airlines (B767) hijack maybe because there was actually footage of the incident. idk.
but my favorite of all time isn't on ACI, its the documentary called "Crash of the Century" about the KLM (B747) and Pan Am(B747) crash on the runway in the canary islands.
GOSH!!! SO AVOIDABLE, HUMAN ERROR!!!!!!  embarassed cry
(if you haven't seen it, it's a must watch. also on youtube in 9 parts. really sad, made me cry cry)
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Olisa4all: 9:18am On Feb 25, 2010
THE AMAKA:

this thread is really dry.
where are my aviation lovers?  cheesy
@Olisa4all & airzzee
what is your favorite episode of ACI? well my favorite episode (i have a lot of favorites) is the Ethiopian Airlines (B767) hijack maybe because there was actually footage of the incident. idk.
but my favorite of all time isn't on ACI, its the documentary called "Crash of the Century" about the KLM (B747) and Pan Am(B747) crash on the runway in the canary islands.
GOSH!!! SO AVOIDABLE, HUMAN ERROR!!!!!!  embarassed cry
(if you haven't seen it, it's a must watch. also on youtube in 9 parts. really sad, made me cry  cry)

I've watched so many,i dnt kno which is which anymore,l0l,i dnt think dey hv new episodes(same wiv fbi files)I'l check it out on youtube l8r today. .
My favourite(dunno if its a bad thing or a good thing)is d crash dat ended d career of The Concorde,which to me is d most BEAUTIFUL & d fastest passenger jet(2,140km/h,do u kno "sonic boom"wink london 2 miami in about 4hrs. .wat caused d crash? a piece of metal on d runway dat fell 4rm another airline(continental). .who got sued?continental airlines,l0l
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concorde?wasRedirected=true
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Yoighaman(m): 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
A plane just crashed few days before my journey in an Asian country (can't remember 4 now)

I almost asked the flight attendant to tell the pilot to stop that a passenger wanted to a get-off; i was scared to death and jittery all through the journey
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by THEAMAKA(f): 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2010
Olisa4all:

I've watched so many,i dnt kno which is which anymore,l0l,i dnt think dey hv new episodes(same wiv fbi files)I'l check it out on youtube l8r today. .
My favourite(dunno if its a bad thing or a good thing)is d crash dat ended d career of The Concorde,which to me is d most BEAUTIFUL & d fastest passenger jet(2,140km/h,do u kno "sonic boom"wink london 2 miami in about 4hrs. .wat caused d crash? a piece of metal on d runway dat fell 4rm another airline(continental). .who got sued?continental airlines,l0l
yeah i remember that one. really sad. and it was a wonderful jet as well.  embarassed cool thing is they had actual footage of that incident as well.
i pretty much remember all of them. lol
but the KLM- Pan Am documentary is the best!!
it was basically just series of unfortunate events (some in which, were avoidable)  embarassed
Pan Am (which i think stands for Pan American) got a lot of crap. they even had their B747 blown up over Lockerbie Scotland, and other terror threats. sigh. . .
they eventually shut down, for reasons which i don't know
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by noblegas2(m): 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2010
Er'body is talking bowt 'scared 2 Death' so una no want die abi?
Anyways mine was on a QATAR AIRWAYS flight & shortly after we took off, der was a beep inside d plane indicating dat it had balanced, so D air hostess all stood Up n served Refreshments bt i Declined wen dey brought mine cuz i tot it was gonna B paid 4.After bowt 2 hours of flying time, light refreshment was being served again bt i noticed dat nobody paid so i summoned courage 2 ask D oyinbo beside me n he said it was free, Jeez! I was lyk damn, i missed D 1st Batch. Lmfao. After d meal, i got up 2 use D rest room n wen i was coming back, i saw a nice young breeze sitting all alone & i smiled 2 her n she replied bck wit a sexy smile.i wasted no time @ all. LOL. Ya'll knw wat it is!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibom Air Today Celebrate One Million Passengers / FG Inaugurates Freight Services On Apapa-Ibadan Cargo Rail /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.