Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,280 members, 7,829,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada (17378 Views)

Igbos At War / Benue May Cut Alignment With North Over Killings / We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by eyeview: 8:50am On Aug 28, 2017
Agada: Even your name is igbo.
Am not a pro or anti biafra person but i think we all are letting political divides seperate us.
If all can go back a 100 or even 200 years, we would be shocked to see how related most of us are.
A friend of mine from enugu state told me that they are ancestrally from benue. Before all these state creations and even before independence, you could settle in their part of enugu or benue axis as you wish and still see yourself as from the same place. Today, those two axis are now from seperate states and geo political zones. Till date, their surnames sound similar.

A typical one is the case of onitsha. Historically, the people of present day onitsha(then called onicha) were farmers and fisher men(due to the presense of river niger). They lived in present day onitsha but had their farms across the river. They usually went their to farm in the day and come back with their canoes in the evening, sometimes spending days on the farm. That farm area was called onicha ugbo meaning onicha's farmland. With time, a few of them started staying back at that farm settlement. Today, some of their offsprings settled in onitsha and the others in onicha ugbo. Yet, today they are now different states and geo political zones. But at a time, they were one family.

I have a friend from abia state. His grandpa was fulani who never went back. They are now full igbos. And am sure that an average hausa man wont even know that they are brothers.

Instead of dividing ourselves for useless political reasons,we should all go back a bit to dig into our history to see that we may be more related than we know.

Am from imo, i recently discovered a long gone relation that is now ikwerre in rivers state. My father can faintly remember her mother when they were kids growing up as cousins in the same compound. Now this woman's own kids dont even know they have any ancestory in imo state

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 28, 2017
Igbo Jews won't like this,particularly the #10,000 bss

1 Like

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by millionboi(m): 8:52am On Aug 28, 2017
Ever8054:
nnamdi KANU be like...why is it that everybody is rejecting my country Biafra?...god why..!!!
He is still in d struggle,watch how thy will beg to join biafra once thy gain independence.

Sucesss attract so many friends.

2 Likes

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by anyebedgreat: 9:01am On Aug 28, 2017
Malawian:
i told you guys that there are Igbos in Ogbadibo LGA, i did work on Benue MDGs during my NYSC. i was baffled by the village names that kept coming up there.
bros, there are igbos everywhere.
Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by emi14: 9:01am On Aug 28, 2017
Who are the Arogas in Ogbadibo? Are they mostly Igbo?

That’s what I am telling you. They are part of Owukpa in Ogbadibo. You cannot say they are mostly Igbo but they share everything together. The interaction became so permanent that you think they are Igbo. People tell you if you go there, there are so many Igbo there. But that is as a result of living together for so long

Dear Prof. Murmuring why people do not classify Arogas Igbos as idomites rather the call idomites Igbos?

2 Likes

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Rexnegro(m): 9:01am On Aug 28, 2017
Almaiga:
Igbos's don suffer, every group just dey deny them upandan. grin
if na You, You go accept Them when their ways no sure...
Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by anyebedgreat: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2017
millionboi:
He is still in d struggle,watch how thy will beg to join biafra once thy gain independence.

Have you ever heard of any tribe that wants to be friends with ipods?

5 Likes

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by luvlymabel: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2017
benue state is a fucking state so we don't need them....
Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by MEILYN(m): 9:09am On Aug 28, 2017
This man didn't make any sense. I am not an Igbo man but I didn't see any sense in all the things he said.

1 Like

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by CHANNELStv2020: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2017
Lower Benue not all benue
Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by GloryCardinal(m): 9:11am On Aug 28, 2017
millionboi:
Who cares
i wonder ooo
Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Fearlez: 9:16am On Aug 28, 2017
Aufbauh:

There are no indigenous Igbos in Ogbadibo LG. Maybe those that came there for business.

Like he said we intermarried but mostly Idoma men (possibly 98%) marrying Igbo women. so it is possible to see families that have Igbo link and names.

What is the meaning of Ogbadibo, Ado, Okpokwu and Obi Ezza, Izzi, in your own native language?

2 Likes

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by kynbasil01: 9:16am On Aug 28, 2017
Aufbauh:

There are no indigenous Igbos in Ogbadibo LG. Maybe those that came there for business.

Like he said we intermarried but mostly Idoma men (possibly 98%) marrying Igbo women. so it is possible to see families that have Igbo link and names.
even when major street/villages have igbo names?

3 Likes

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by uruego(f): 9:22am On Aug 28, 2017
who cares? who asked you? mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew undecided
Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by victorvezx(m): 9:30am On Aug 28, 2017
millionboi:

Success with 5 unproductive south east states? Hahahaha deluded mind
Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Nonaira1: 9:44am On Aug 28, 2017
Aufbauh:
Stop blabbing and quit using google to trace people's identity. Your search is purely an academic pursuit.

I reiterate that there are no indigenous Igbos in Ogbadibo LG anywhere, rather there are Idomas in Eteh who were erroneously carved into Enugu state, that's Mr Agada's rightful assertion.

Seems you're new in this forum because there's no time or anywhere i've claimed SS except in your warp imagination, go check my post.

I'm a proud Idoma man from Itabono Owukpa in Ogbadibo LGA of Benue state. Besides, i should be old enough to educate you on Idoma history rather tthan relying on Google Search.

It's a shame you made a complete fool of yourself yet again.

You are here informing me not to use Google to speak on identity when even the nigga you masterbating with confirmed exactly what that Google statement said.

Let me highlight it again

The words of the igbos in benue
The Igbos in Benue State particularly those in Ado, Oju, Obi and Okpoku LGAs of the state were in existence before the advent of Christian religion in Nigeria.

The Igbo found in Benue are: Umuezeokoha, Umuezeoka, Oriuzor, Umuoghara, Amaekka and Amaezekwe all in Ezza communities, Izzi, Ezzamgbo and Effium,

https://www.google.com/amp/thenationonlineng.net/agony-igbos-benue/amp/

The words of your jerry Agada's on this exact interview
But there are some communities in Ogbadibo, your local government, Ado, Okpokwu and Obi council areas, the Ezza, Izzi, Effium Ai Aroga that are dominated by Igbo?

These communities exist in part of the areas you mentioned but I would talk about my own boundary

Let me guess Agada also used google to attest the same thing as the Google post.

See pure stupidity in display. Kudos to you Nigga

Like I said until you can provide EXACTLY where Ogbadibo LGA was mentioned as an igbo community by the igbo in benue, you and Jerry ended up making una selves look desperate and attention seeking mother fuckerror.

Stop looking for attention like a wh0re. Noone wants to see una yansh.

Secondly I've been on this forum since 2012 and I remember very well the we SS and If i recall correctly you were one of them. Heck few days ago you twisted yourself into half igbo. Keep twisting Nigga. One of this days you go transform yourself to Chinese.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by nengibo: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2017
Malawian:
There are Igbos in Ogbadibo LGA. it's just that I borrowed my laptop to a friend and he stole it from me. All my files from my NYSC work was saved in a hidden folder on that laptop. I would have settled down and listed every single village in that Benue State and you will judge for yourself if you heard an Igbo sounding one. My fellow corper worked on Okpokwu, so I would not know details except just in passing. Ogbadibo is what I know. There are Igbo villages there.
But thats the same way Enugu people deny there are Idomas in their state, and call them settlers too, should I list the village names too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Malawian(m): 10:25am On Aug 28, 2017
nengibo:

But thats the same way Enugu people deny there are Idomas in their state, and call them settlers too, should I list the village names too
Whether Enugu people deny having idoma people amongst them (Which i highly doubt anyways) It will not change a sacred fact that there are idomas amongst them just as no amount of denial will change the fact that there are Igbos in Ogbadibo. Facts are sacred.

2 Likes

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 28, 2017
This line of questioning is really funny. Who are these people and what's the purpose of this interview?.

Are you igbo?

No

Are you sure?

Yes, I'm sure. I'm not igbo.

Not even a little bit........like a tiny bit igbo?

I'm not igbo at all.

But you look igbo.....

(Sweats) yes, when i sweep my compound and the igbo man sweeps his compound, our brooms touch each other because our compounds are very close. But I am not igbo. We just like to do things together because our compounds are so close.

But you have common words and practices....

Because the Igbo people gave us their juju and masquerades to use. We didn't change the names because the juju and masquerades were not made by us.

But you have palm trees like igbo people

(Chai! Which kain wahala) we met all these things here, when we migrated to the boundary we didn't travel with our our own vegetation. But I submit to you: we are not igbo.

What do you think of Biafra?

I don't think anything. If not for my social studies teacher, I would never even have heard of it. I blame him. In fact, I don't even know how to spell the word, or how to locate it on the map. I refused to learn it.

If Nnamdi Kanu comes to visit your house, will you welcome him?

Never! Me and my family don't know any Nnamdi Kanu.

Is okay, you can go.

Thank you.

Wait!

(Stops)

There's an igbo man. Laugh at him, but don't tell him it's me that told you to do it.

Leave all these people alone already.
Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Ojiofor: 10:53am On Aug 28, 2017
Don't blame him because it pays to be a Northerner in today's Nigeria so he is claiming where his bread is buttered until Fulani terrorist herdsmen chop off the buttered head.

3 Likes

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Ndlistic(m): 10:55am On Aug 28, 2017
Tuface will still deny that he is not from igbo. When he truly is. Idibia is a confirm igbo name and he is an igbo man.
Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by omenkaLives(m): 10:56am On Aug 28, 2017
Jerry don't waste your time. They are deaf, blind and dumb. As long as what you say doesn't align with their twisted world view, all you'd incur is their wrath with insults.

Benue was not, is not, and will never be part of any imaginary Republic.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by omenkaLives(m): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2017
Almaiga:
Igbos's don suffer, every group just dey deny them upandan. grin
Dont mind them. When I shared screenshots of how Benue people feel about Kanu's shenanigans, they insulted the crap out of the commentators and called them slaves, and that most of them were Tiv people saying when Kanu talks about Benue, he's referring to Idomas and.

Idoma leaders have come out several times to condemn the nonsense about their inclusion yet they keep trudging along the same shameful path. I guess my own people (Igedes) have yet to make any definite official statement because THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THE NONSENSE EXISTS!

Biafrans should get used to and embrace the fact should their dreams come to fruition, it would only encompass the FIVE SE states. Anything outside that is an invitation to anarchy.

3 Likes

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Malawian(m): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2017
Check where Ogbadibo LGA is located, if you can find Igbos in Oju, Obi, Ado and Okpokwu, i see no reason you cant find Igbos in Ogbadibo LGA.

1 Like

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by nengibo: 11:37am On Aug 28, 2017
Malawian:

Whether Enugu people deny having idoma people amongst them (Which i highly doubt anyways) It will not change a sacred fact that there are idomas amongst them just as no amount of denial will change the fact that there are Igbos in Ogbadibo. Facts are sacred.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander
Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by pazienza(m): 11:58am On Aug 28, 2017
Hearing of Igbos existing in Ogadibo or even claiming to be in Ogadibo for the first time.
All these attention seeking Mofos sef. Igbo news sell like gala in a "hold up", so everyone is looking to leech on us into relevance and one minute fame.

Igbos I know are in Okpokwu, Obi, Oju, and Ado LGAs.

At this rate, soon, a man from Agatu will come and tell us why he and his people are not Igbos.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by pazienza(m): 11:59am On Aug 28, 2017
Ndlistic:
Tuface will still deny that he is not from igbo. When he truly is. Idibia is a confirm igbo name and he is an igbo man.

Tuface is not Igbo. He is Idoma.
Idoma people have a way of answering Igbo sounding names.
There is this Idoma Tuface look alike called Joel Amadi.
Google him, Amadi sounds Igbo, but it's an Idoma name too, with a totally different meaning from the Igbo equivalent.
It's just like some Igbos think Mercy Johnson has some Igbo maternal links, because of her middle name, Ozioma. When in truth, Ozioma is an Ebira name with an entirely different meaning from the Igbo equivalent and Mercy Johnson has no iota of Igbo blood in her.

2 Likes

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Aufbauh(m): 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2017
omenkaLives:
Jerry don't waste your time. They are deaf, blind and dumb. As long as what you say doesn't align with their twisted world view, all you'd incur is their wrath with insults.

Benue was not, is not, and will never be part of any imaginary Republic.

Thanks.

Bro, how have you been? Its been a while though.
I don't think those Ipob miscreants are human with function brain or memories. It's a waste of time and energy educating those mofos.

Frustrations from Buhari's presidency is really taking a toll on them. They should have asked their grandparents where the biafran soldiers were much annihilated and who were the natives that aided the federal troops? The revelation then might cure their fruitless obsession.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by pazienza(m): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
Malawian:
i told you guys that there are Igbos in Ogbadibo LGA, i did work on Benue MDGs during my NYSC. i was baffled by the village names that kept coming up there.

How sure are you of this?

Cos, I have some contacts in the area, and none of them made mention of any Igbo indigenous village in Ogadibo.

1 Like

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by pazienza(m): 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
Malawian:

At no time had Enugu people denied the existence of Idomas and Igalas in Etteh.

The bone of contention is that Etteh must remain in Enugu state, and not moved to Kogi state, like some Igala elements in that town want to, since there are also indigenous Igbo people that are part of Etteh town.

1 Like

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Malawian(m): 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
pazienza:

How sure are you of this?

Cos, I have some contacts in the area, and none of them made mention of any Igbo indigenous village in Ogadibo.
It is the work i did during NYSC, that was even before i knew of nairaland. I am surprised people dont know about it.

1 Like

Re: Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
nengibo:

Don't mind the nincompoops

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Post Your Independence Day Pictures Here. [dress Code Green And White] / ‘herdsmen Will Kill Them’ – Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari / #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.