Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

How Are You Able To Cope With This - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Are You Able To Cope With This (3213 Views)

How Do I Cope With Cheating Husband? / How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? / Ever Banged Deaf And Dumb Before, How Were You Able To Convince Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by Lewaluv(f): 11:49am On Aug 28, 2017
Ive heard. I have read the book also. It just sounds as if you are taking it to the extreme. Will you keep this...behavior up once you are married?
kimbraa:
Are you quoting me cause you felt like or that you know what my insecurities are?.

Have you ever taken time to study stuffs on the human psychic and how it works?. You should read 'Why Men Love Bìtches' by Sherry Argov. Then come back and tell me of being scared that he'd get tired of me.

There's something called coming off as needy in a relationship and it's a turnoff. Don't seat there and be looking for who'll call you 24/7, don't you have another life aside the relationship to focus on?.
Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by MrHenshaw: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
kimbraa:
I won't condone a guy who calls everyday 'cause too much of anything is bad. I would actually perceive him to be jobless 'cause we all need our space so he shouldn't act like his life revolve around the relationship. However, I don't expect him calling in weeks 'cause communication is vital in the relationship.

Perhaps, twice or thrice a week is cool.

We know your type.When you finally get there with the right person,revisit your statement.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by imustsaymymindo: 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
fumisko:
@kimbraa
So this is the First Lady I am hearing say this.
But do u truly feel emotionally fulfilled from this type of a relationship?
Forget about acting up and all for him so he can chase u @why men marry bitches o....to me that's acting up...I have read the book.

If u guys chat once weekly what then Differentiates him from a normal friend?
Another question is are u sure he truly loves u with such an attitude
Nothing is worse than being in a relationship with someone who doesn't love u or think about u oooo...and show it with actions....
I may just end up cheating emotionally with another guy in such case if I try managing it.

The book "why men love bitches" is a classic literature. One that would get you a man who would be infatuated with you for just a short-term i.e when he finally realises what he is in love with. There is the male (player) version of books like these too, they all have the same toxic effect. No wonder "why men love bitches" was my unfaithful ex's favourite literature.

In a country where we were taught la cram la pour whenever reading books, how would people know that the information in a book is to be dissected and only the meaningful one (if any) should be applicable?

@Fumisko Purposely ignoring people or giving space to your partner for some time to get attention is the order of contemporary relationships. Men, boys, girls, women... they all do it. Even while they miss you so much, they punish themselves by restraining.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by Odunharry(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
ibkayee:
Can't imagine my partner not communicating with me everyday, texting would be daily, I'm not really a call person so 3-5 days a week would suffice.

One week ke, that's not your boyfriend lol
Lmao.. Some are not just into calls of a thing na.
Some prefer just chats
Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by ibkayee(f): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
Odunharry:

Lmao.. Some are not just into calls of a thing na.
Some prefer just chats
Lol I'm not really a call person, as long as we're communicating. OP said communicating at all, not just calls cheesy
Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by midehill(m): 4:23pm On Aug 28, 2017
kimbraa:
Don't confuse caring for one's partner with calling on a daily basis. That isn't caring but making yourself too available which is wrong.

When you call in that manner the euphoria dies off quickly. Space makes your spouse miss and desire you and if you don't make it happen by rationalising the calls then everything in the relationship will be monotonous which kills surprises.

I am not lecturing some teenagers who just fell in love, right?. I stick with once or twice a week and perhaps thrice but not everyday. It's all shade of inviting boredom into your affair.

hmmn u r quite right sha... but let's say 5 times a week z okay
Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by Odunharry(m): 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
ibkayee:

Lol I'm not really a call person, as long as we're communicating. OP said communicating at all, not just calls cheesy
Lol I saw it. I won't be that bothered though if we don't get in touch for a day or two.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by fumisko(f): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
But is it right? If he can't be himself with me or me be myself around him what are we doing together??
Why can't I tell u I miss u when I do?
N hv him do same?
I just need real people
Tell me what u don't like when u don't
Tell me wat u like
Tell me what angered u n why it angered u
Let us reason together n find a way out together
Sure we Wld fight sometimes...but it would help us understand ourselves better.
Tell me if my hair is smelling in love n force me to change it if need be
Where is the real ness of relationships?
imustsaymymindo:

The book "why men love bitches" is a classic literature. One that would get you a man who would be infatuated with you for just a short-term i.e when he finally realises what he is in love with. There is the male (player) version of books like these too, they all have the same toxic effect. No wonder "why men love bitches" was my unfaithful ex's favourite literature.

In a country where we were taught la cram la pour whenever reading books, how would people know that the information in a book is to be dissected and only the meaningful one (if any) should be applicable?

@Fumisko Purposely ignoring people or giving space to your partner for some time to get attention is the order of contemporary relationships. Men, boys, girls, women... they all do it. Even while they miss you so much, they punish themselves by restraining.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by imustsaymymindo: 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
fumisko:
But is it right? If he can't be himself with me or me be myself around him what are we doing together??
Why can't I tell u I miss u when I do?
N hv him do same?
I just need real people
Tell me what u don't like when u don't
Tell me wat u like
Tell me what angered u n why it angered u
Let us reason together n find a way out together
Sure we Wld fight sometimes...but it would help us understand ourselves better.
Tell me if my hair is smelling in love n force me to change it if need be
Where is the real ness of relationships?

Aww.. Fumisko. Come here, let me hug you. wink

I can feel the frustration. All I can say is you would someday find that person. Dont settle for less.

And you can't actually blame some people for lack of communication, some people have lived a life of not having someone to talk to right from childhood, others- victim of rape, abuse and were threatened never not to reveal to anyone which in future can affect the way they communicate.

Also, communication involves emotions. The society frown at people showing emotions especially men. Soft, moist are what they call people in that category.

Juat stay positive, you would get the right one, dear. smiley
Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by fumisko(f): 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
Submit yourself for a hug grin grin
imustsaymymindo:

Aww.. Fumisko. Come here, let me hug you. wink

I can feel the frustration. All I can say is you would someday find that person. Dont settle for less.

And you can't actually blame some people for lack of communication, some people have lived a life of not having someone to talk to right from childhood, others- victim of rape, abuse and were threatened never not to reveal to anyone which in future can affect the way they communicate.

Also, communication involves emotions. The society frown at people showing emotions especially men. Soft, moist are what they call people in that category.

Juat stay positive, you would get the right one, dear. smiley
Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by Jadoskii(m): 1:38am On Aug 29, 2017
Typical me..na so I dey do too.....I seriously nd whole heartedly apologize on hiz behalf......
Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by imustsaymymindo: 4:16pm On Aug 29, 2017
fumisko:
Submit yourself for a hug grin grin

Here I am! grin grin
Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by Angy55(f): 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
The call should be from both parties, not one sided. And even if you and your spouse chat a whole day, before saying good night let there be at least 3-5 minutes of talk on phone.

In the morning while both of you are preparing for work from your different location, you can just drop a quick voice note on what's app or do the normal phone call for one minute.

It is only those who are not busy that would have time to chat all the time.
Come to think of it, the feeling one gets when you drop a message and it takes so many hours to get a reply because he/she is so busy.
Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by fumisko(f): 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2017
U so funny
imustsaymymindo:

Here I am! grin grin
Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by fumisko(f): 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
Angy55:
The call should be from both parties, not one sided. And even if you and your spouse chat a whole day, before saying good night let there be at least 3-5 minutes of talk on phone.

In the morning while both of you are preparing for work from your different location, you can just drop a quick voice note on what's app or do the normal phone call for one minute.

It is only those who are not busy that would have time to chat all the time.
Come to think of it, the feeling one gets when you drop a message and it takes so many hours to get a reply because he/she is so busy.

Thanks dear
I grab
Lol@ that feeling ...crazy one it is

1 Like

Re: How Are You Able To Cope With This by Angy55(f): 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
[quote author=fumisko post=59946822][/quote]

You're welcome

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is A Salary Of 100k/month Enough To Have A Fully Dependent Girlfriend?? / Twitter Users Blast A Guy For Trying To Body-Shame A Dark Skinned Baby (Pix) / Bbnaija: Monent Mercy Rocks Seyi Hard With Her Massive Ass, On The Dance Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.