Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat (6150 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved / Principal Gets Death Threats For Releasing Buhari’s Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:45pm On Feb 21, 2010
doyin13:

lol. . .but guy man, tell me, how about the Igbo men in the cabinet. Why are they strangely quiet.

Whatever happened to the tongue of the daring swashbuckling Ojo, or the death defying Egwu.  grin grin grin

I don't think u read my post properly before responding.

As per your question above, Ojo (though am not his fan) moved the motion that led to the constitution of the 6 man ministerial committe to ascertain the true state of Mr. President cheesy cheesy
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by doyin13(m): 7:52pm On Feb 21, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

As per your question above, Ojo (though am not his fan) moved the motion that led to the constitution of the 6 man ministerial committe to ascertain the true state of Mr. President cheesy cheesy

Oooh weeee. . . .How brave. grin grin

The dignity of the Igbo Man is restored tongue tongue
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:56pm On Feb 21, 2010
doyin13:

Oooh weeee. . . .How brave.  grin grin

The dignity of the Igbo Man is restored  tongue tongue

That happened since after Biafra!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbJs26SjNw
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by DisGuy: 8:05pm On Feb 21, 2010
all these fake news thrown about, she could just be selling her own part to appear like a victim-sympathy votes in naija politics

why didnt Outspoken Dora get a death threat?

Soon after Madueke stepped out of the meeting

so she only got a text when ojo went out of the room duhhh how fake can these journalist be?
will he be able to detect the text message or what if he is in the room?
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by naijaking1: 8:05pm On Feb 21, 2010
doyin13:

Oooh weeee. . . .How brave. grin grin

The dignity of the Igbo Man is restored tongue tongue

Maybe it's the culture, maybe it's your nature, maybe it's the water you drink, maybe it's in the air you breath, maybe
I can't understand why a whole culture would always sit on the fence waiting for the Akunyilis, the Maduekes of this World to lead before they jump down from the fence and start making noise.

Remember this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-393756.0.html
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by rhymz(m): 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2010
Naijaking and Mekusxx abeg make Una take am easy now.Am equally igbo and a proud one too but come on Guyz,U guyz are turning the issue to a tribal war.Pls guyz make we stick to the issue.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by doyin13(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2010
naijaking1:

Maybe it's the culture, maybe it's your nature, maybe it's the water you drink, maybe it's in the air you breath, maybe
I can't understand why a whole culture would always sit on the fence waiting for the Akunyilis, the Maduekes of this World to lead before they jump down from the fence and start making noise.

Remember this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-393756.0.html

lol. . . at least one tribe follows the ''ladies first'' adage religiously grin grin
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Katsumoto: 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2010
naijaking1:

What a very wrong example. We're talking about women being married off here not men travelling to another environment. Have you never seen white American women with Nigerian passports just because they married a naija man? Nigeria is paternalistic society.

I can't understand why you folks cry wolf whenever Igbo wives are described as Igbo women, I remember another retarded arguement about Ngozi Okojo Iweala, not being Igbo enough, despite marrying an Imo state guy.

Back-tract? You need to backtract, I have known the Maduekes personally for over 20 years, and there is no assumption here, except on your part.
You can cry all you want, but the truth is that marrying an Igbo naval officer has given her the spunk with which she sounds tough like Akunyili.

I was only trying to high-light that the same logic can be applied by someone else. The fact of the matter is that you goofed and rather than accept your error, you are hiding behind those known-tribalists mekusxxx and sonny_bobo. She was born an Ijaw woman and she is married to an Igbo man. End of. There are women of substance in all tribes including Igbo.

I am not here to debate whether Igbo women have substance or not; I commented because your logic is flawed.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by mekusxxx: 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2010
Katsumoto,
Only a thorough bigot like you will make an issue out of an Ijaw woman married to an Igbo being refered to as an Igbo woman. What does even the Bible say about marriage?
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by hardywaltz(m): 9:19pm On Feb 21, 2010
After going through all post, i almost forgot what the thread was actually about. Seems most people dont get tried of tribal warfare. More to y'all elbows.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by edoyad(m): 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2010
Back to the topic, Allison has to realise that such threats come with the territory. As far back as my JSS 1, seniors whom i reported after manhandling me in boarding school made far much worse threats afterwards, but guess what ? edo is still alive posting on NL to chagrin of a certain group.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by naijaking1: 12:46am On Feb 22, 2010
Yeah, let's all just get along.
No need to threaten a federal minister whether na woman or man, Igbo, Yoruba, or even Hausa self. If the trend is not checked, soon ministers will be packing a rod to our FEC meetings----- too bad embarassed
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2010
naijaking1:

Yeah, let's all just get along.
No need to threaten a federal minister whether na woman or man, Igbo, Yoruba, or even Hausa self. If the trend is not checked, soon ministers will be packing a rod to our FEC meetings----- too bad embarassed

Should anyone be surprised that death threats are flying up & down among the FEC? These guys are just a bunch of thugs & con-artists. The addition of the 'Hon. Minister' prefix doesn't change the essence of their character  sad
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by edoyad(m): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2010
I'm sure Michael Aondoakaa is responsible for the SMS.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by ec3l(m): 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2010
Look at the silly fools here in Nl, are u guys upto 12? Arguing over who's ibo or not, is that the only thing u could decipher from this whole news? Whoever is the moderator here u should do something about these tribalistic morons. U complain of yaradua and his cohorts' manipulation of national constitutions and security yet your 1st posts give u off as ethnic goats. Imagine what would happen if any of u becomes a president. Idiots
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by chidyke77(m): 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2010
Bt they are bak to d topic.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by himor: 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2010
guys i don't understand you all on this forum ,someones  life  is been threating and you all are talking tribal  marriage weather she is igbo, fulani any tribe should not matters here. her life is involve who so ever that sent the threat message should be track from MTN OR GLO NOW BEFORE IS LATE[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by martinosi: 1:01pm On Feb 23, 2010
Ibo ladies are the finest Girls in Nigeria!!!! grin
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by martinosi: 1:04pm On Feb 23, 2010
o.k on a serious note, they can trace that txt/sms message
and can identify the sender via voice recognistion, Triangulation
etc, number etc all mobiles are triangulated and voice recognised.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by iyaski: 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2010
Today isn't the first day that threat messages have been sent to our politicians. If she is killed then let it be said that she died for a good course - making Nigeria a wonderful place for generations yet unborn. Does Alison - Madueke know why she is there? - to uphold the nigerian constitution with the drop of her last blood, let her die trying to save nigeria than die stealing money. people will remember her for the good she did - Go and ask Awo's children
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by iyaski: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2010
martinosi:

Ibo ladies are the finest Girls in Nigeria!!!! grin

Na lie, go and ask agbani derogo where she is from - Rivers state, she is not igbo. Ona just like to dey show ona self
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 23, 2010
iyaski:

Today isn't the first day that threat messages have been sent to our politicians. If she is killed then let it be said that she died for a good course - making Nigeria a wonderful place for generations yet unborn. Does Alison - Madueke know why she is there? - to uphold the nigerian constitution with the drop of her last blood, let her die trying to save nigeria than die stealing money. people will remember her for the good she did - Go and ask Awo's children
Dis Guy:

all these fake news thrown about, she could just be selling her own part to appear like a victim-sympathy votes in naija politics

why didnt Outspoken Dora get a death threat?

so she only got a text when ojo went out of the room duhhh how fake can these journalist be?
will he be able to detect the text message or what if he is in the room?
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by aieromon(m): 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2010
It's clear the text message was sent by the people who die everyday on the Lagos-Benin expressway.
While she was Works and Housing Minister,she cried undecided and promised to do something while on spot visit to the dilapidated road.
Her cup go soon full.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by DisGuy: 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2010
very funny a minister in nigeria complaining about death threat

we get that everyday on the road from AK47 carrying police

make we hear word
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by oototolere: 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2010
The trend of replies to this post shows the stuff many are made of.
I strongly believe a sensible Nigerian should, at least, show some respect for people of other ethnicity in the polity. When are we going to have true Nigerians?
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by peacettw: 3:48pm On Feb 23, 2010
I am igbo and i can confidently tell u all that it is only in nairaland that i learnt that igbos and yorubas are at logger heads wit each other. Now, while u guys might think this is funny, trading insults and all, please i will ask that u all stop this nonsense before u infect our generation and the next with division and disdain for one another. Already, i am trying hard not to be biased by all the crap that i read about the yorubas and also ignoring what is been said about us. Give this a few more years and with d growing number of youths signing on to nairaland, we might be heading to another warpath. Seun, u can curtail this by asking ur moderators to intervene or ban anyone who incites this hate notes. It is ur responsibility n u should deal with this before it gets out of hand.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by lawO1(m): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
whether technology or not why should they threaten her becos she said d truth abeg they should free her,its just d work of one jezebel dat call her turai d wife of d so called president who is prone to injuries
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by boyt1: 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2010
smiley smiley smiley smileyNa waooo, inter-tribal aggression everyday. A lady's life is been threaten here and these foools here are busy arguing which ethnic group she belongs. Do you ibo or ijaw lunatics in NL ever care about her life. And help trace the suspects
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by PurestBoy(m): 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2010
Why not kill him at once instead of sending death threat?
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by tuborme: 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2010
a lot of ijaw people speak Igbo,

Ijaw is very closely related to Igbo as a language, just like many niger delta languages.

So please, there should be no buzz about where the woman come from.

Afterall, anambra deputy governor is not an igbo, peter obi's wife is not igbo as well.

The fact is that we want bad leaders out.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by TPS360: 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2010
and?, he is political office holder. Let him get use to it ,
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by hasy(m): 5:31pm On Feb 23, 2010
Its rather unfortunate in ds country dat our security is stil porous.but d enemy wil nt hv dere way ths time.categoricaly i luv HER style among d FEC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigerian Police On Twitter / BREAKING! Buhari Picks Ngige As Running Mate: Vows To Stop Corruption(pictures) / Say Hello To The Man Of The Moment (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.