Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices (22258 Views)

FG Inaugurates E-passport Offices In Italy, Greece, Three Others / Whats The Cost Of Passport Renewal In Passport Offices Across Nigeria / NIS Bans Cash Payments At Passports Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by gcof(m): 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
nextstep:
This will not help anything... it's one thing to pay online for passport... it's another thing entirely for the office to "have your passport", if you know what I mean.

You can visit their office so tey, they will just tell you it hasn't come out yet, until you get sense and give 10k. Abi na lai? grin
you sabi well...
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by nwaire: 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
I hear, na today? No be person go do d processing for you? When you pay online finish u go cum pay d cash own otherwise Oyo grin

1 Like

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Charly68: 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
Immigration ! They got 30k from me to renew my passport for the past one month now,it has been story upon story..We are waiting for it from Abuja ..from this from that.. Guys there are terribly corrupt . They were thoroughly tutored by Baba Goodluck because to them stealing is no corruption

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by nemynely(m): 9:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
Amberon11:
Sincerely this is the best news that has come from this administration. Few days ago I told my brother that if this adminstration does nothing to curtail the corruption going on at Nigeria immigration services, then it isn't really fighting corruption, just witch hunting but hearing this has made smile.

Those immigration officers are truly useless and heartless. Imagine charging 32k for a N15,300 passport.

Thank God for this news.

According to D'banj, if you believe wot u read n how u reacted, then " u are on a long tin" ! Means u can believe anytin!
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by nemynely(m): 9:23pm On Aug 28, 2017
BabaAlabi:

Wrong...If the official price is 12k, when you pay online you should be given a reference number. Any official charging you 20k does so at hia own risk because it would be stated online that only 12k should be paid for the passport and any extra charge given to you should be reported. If the report is valid, the whistleblower should get his passport processed for free. It is going to work bro, don't be a pessimist.

Yes, as a "christian", its going to work. Question is when? Let me guess.......hmmmm...............after Jesus' second coming!
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by MCzubby247(m): 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
cowleg:

When did you applied yours?
Have you gotten the passport?
Is your passport a virgin?

I'm currently at abuja for 2 weeks, the production department have not been working claiming unavailable booklet. I was charged 250k. Maybe because my passport is not virgin. The first officer collected my 200k for 8 months he didn't do anything I confronted him and asked him for refund, he hasn't paid me, I don't know what to do him?
Mine wasn't virgin is a lost case the officer did 64 page claiming that 32 page isnt available and had to extort me woopinn sum of 120k
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by julietm123: 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
Praise the Lord! This is great. Right step in the right direction.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by MCzubby247(m): 9:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
cowleg:

I'm currently at abuja for 2 weeks, the production department have not been working claiming unavailable booklet. I was charged 250k. Maybe because my passport is not virgin. The first officer collected my 200k for 8 months he didn't do anything I confronted him and asked him for refund, he hasn't paid me, I don't know what to do him?
Mine wasn't virgin is a lost case the officer did 64 page claiming that 32 page isnt available and had to extort me woopinn sum of 120k it took 5 weeks but in July I finally got it.
First I page for 32 page 80k then he said no booklet that if I need passport that I should pay 40k and you know I didn't include transport from Enugu to Abuja and back also hotel I stay for 8 days.
Naija is fuckup bro.
Just mount pressure on that officer in fact threaten him else nothing can be done.
You probably don't have any evident of payment to him in fact with phone call your data can be erase from glass house where they do capture to take necessary action else your money is gone.
Shalom
Бог помош
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by eyinjuege: 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2017
Is it possible to eliminate corruption in that place? Anyway, let's wait and see.
Even the populace don't want you to go there as they always want sharp sharp passports...
I hope it works...
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Elxandre(m): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
skypeme:
I went to renew my passport since 4 weeks ago and it has not been out, I was told that they do not have available laminating cover for the passport, I don't how true this is ?
How much did you pay to renew?
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by savanto: 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
cowleg:

Do absolutely nothing to him! Just scout for a third officer and part with 500k this time OK.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by southome(m): 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2017
That's good. These guys are good at mentioning any amount they like to people who come for passport.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by buffalowings: 10:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
Amberon11:
Sincerely this is the best news that has come from this administration. Few days ago I told my brother that if this adminstration does nothing to curtail the corruption going on at Nigeria immigration services, then it isn't really fighting corruption, just witch hunting but hearing this has made smile.

Those immigration officers are truly useless and heartless. Imagine charging 32k for a N15,300 passport.

Thank God for this news.

Guy read the comments below you.

Nothing to celebrate here
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
MCzubby247:

Mine wasn't virgin is a lost case the officer did 64 page claiming that 32 page isnt available and had to extort me woopinn sum of 120k

You paid 120K for passport? I think our problem is people's dullness in general, then after that, impatience comes next

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by chris31(m): 10:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nairalanders PH branch i am in need of help i just relocated to ph having successfully completed Nysc & i need to get myself busy pls anyone willing to help me get a job i will appreciate a lot. Thanks my people
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
savanto:

Do absolutely nothing to him! Just scout for a third officer and part with 500k this time OK.

You dey mind am? Some people are just too full sha, 200K for passport grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
cowleg:

grin I recommend you download AdSense , you really need it

1 Like

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by kaikubura: 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
I applied for renewal weeks ago via the NIS online portal and paid 17800 (15k for passport, 2k for address verification and 800 service charge).

I was given a date for capturing which was a week after application. On getting to the passport office in Ikeja, those NIS officials didn't even attend to those who had done online application. But I was determined not to bribe any official, so I walked up to someone who explained that I needed to get a file, write an application letter with 2 passport photographs then arrange it a particular order.

After arranging, I took it to a place called DFU and an official wrote "XP" at the top corner of the file and told me to steward the file myself to where it will be signed. When I got to the place, I was told that the person to sign was out on training that I should wait if I can. It was there and then that an official asked me what I was waiting for and asked for my file, when I gave it to him he saw XP and said "oh! You're self process" then he handed it back. Eventually the lady to sign arrived and signed. I was then told to come back the following week.

When I got there, they brought out files of those that will capture for the day and my name wasn't called. I went to ask the official calling the names to ask him why my file wasn't there because I submitted the previous week. He then asked "who is assisting you? ", I told him nobody. He advised that I should go to where I submitted my file the previous week to make enquiry. I went straight to the man I submitted to and he asked of my name and I told him. He stood up and went straight into a room to pack some files marked XP. He gave me mine and told me to queue for capturing. To cut the long story short, I was captured. I am currently waiting for my passport to be ready. I don't mind how long it takes, I'm not giving any official any bribe.

NIS needs a total overhauling. Their members of staff are just too inhuman and corrupt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by marv1: 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
it is not going to happen like that. How many people will they ask to pay to their personal account. This new system will curb corruption to some extent. No officer will want to stick his neck out that you should pay to his account, Once payment to his account becomes a regular trend then that officer job is on the line. In this era of TSA, it is highly impossible to be collecting money into different accounts by these corrupt immigration officers. The day it will burst it will be worst than Madam Alison madueke. With this executive order, it will be difficult for those guys, because they would not want huge cash to be traced to their personal accounts account. This is a good development
lonlytroy:
Na today, the useless Immigration officers will tell you to pay the money to their account, they will help you pay it online

1 Like

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by lonlytroy(m): 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
marv1:
it is not going to happen like that. How many people will they ask to pay to their account. This system will curb it to some extent. Nobody will want to stick his neck out that you should pay to his account. Once it becomes a regular trend then that officer job is on the line. In this era of TSA, it is highly impossible to be collecting money into different accounts by these corrupt immigration officers. The day it will burst it will be worst than Madam Alison madueke. With this exucutive order it will be difficult for those guys, because they would not want huge cash to be traced to their account. This is a good development

my dear don't worry, Na Nigeria we dey
All this one Immigration is forming strict, na just normal formality make them say Buhari dey work
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by xnsandrxns: 11:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
ateamblezing:
This is serious,so we cannot spend our fadaland currency again?
Jeez
Must you talk?
What happened to your brain?
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

grin I recommend you download AdSense , you really need it

Obviously you lack knowledge of what happen in NIS headquarters daily. You will be surprise going to ACG passport office and nobody will attend to you and your desperate to correct data on your passport even when you dont know anyone in abuja. You will pay hotel bill for one month. Thanks for your mention.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 29, 2017
savanto:

actually the officer is known he will refund it. Everyone is not as lucky as you. You need to hear daily scam perpetrated at NIS HQ.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 29, 2017
MCzubby247:

Mine wasn't virgin is a lost case the officer did 64 page claiming that 32 page isnt available and had to extort me woopinn sum of 120k it took 5 weeks but in July I finally got it.
First I page for 32 page 80k then he said no booklet that if I need passport that I should pay 40k and you know I didn't include transport from Enugu to Abuja and back also hotel I stay for 8 days.
Naija is fuckup bro.
Just mount pressure on that officer in fact threaten him else nothing can be done.
You probably don't have any evident of payment to him in fact with phone call your data can be erase from glass house where they do capture to take necessary action else your money is gone.
Shalom
Бог помош

Well the necessary correction has been done, my old passport has been cancelled and its at the production room, but since some weeks now they claim to not be producing passport cos unavailability of materials.

The first officer succeeded to scam and deceive me because I was very far from abuja and lack knowledge of the processes involved. He promised to refund me that was why I haven't taken necessary actions.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 29, 2017
cowleg:

Obviously you lack knowledge of what happen in NIS headquarters daily. Thanks for your mention.

So you have 200K to waste like DAT? Ok, let me help you with the AdSense software, travel to a state where there is less demand and apply, use your brain bro, haba

If you must apply in Abuja,ask questions, take your time to do some research first. Na your money sha, werin concern me sef
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

You dey mind am? Some people are just too full sha, 200K for passport grin cheesy grin

Go to NIS abuja and verify about correction of passport details especially when you have travelled severally with it. Till then come back and type.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

You paid 120K for passport? I think our problem is people's dullness in general, then after that, impatience comes next

Don't sit at home and assume, travel to abuja and interview multitude of people coming for correction of details or lost passport. You must bribe ACG to get approval. Well may be you are highly connected politically, coz if your an ordinary citizen who knows nobody you must compromise else one year nothing for you.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by MCzubby247(m): 12:29am On Aug 29, 2017
cowleg:

Well the necessary correction has been done, my old passport has been cancelled and its at the production room, but since some weeks now they claim to not be producing passport cos unavailability of materials.

The first officer succeeded to scam and deceive me because I was very far from abuja and lack knowledge of the processes involved. He promised to refund me that was why I haven't taken necessary actions.
If you believe that officer can help ask him to do 64 pages for you, normal price is 24k but I'm sure he won't take 24k for 64 pages.
Reason is that the national I'd card has been stagnant in their production process so people think international passport can serve same purpose apart from travel.
I repeat don't give this tout a chance else your money will be gone even if the have capture you he has people working in that department he might rapport well with just a call and money for drink that guy in capture room in glass house can delete your data,
Note: how sure are you the old passport is cancel?
How did you know is in the production room?
Bro just be smart money is hard this days ooh?
Those officers are just tout in uniform for their own belle there
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 29, 2017
cowleg:

Don't sit at home and assume, travel to abuja and interview multitude of people coming for correction of details or lost passport. You must bribe ACG to get approval. Well may be you are highly connected politically, coz if your an ordinary citizen who knows nobody you must compromise else one year nothing for you.

Of course I'm highly connected..... to God, that is. 120K for what? Someone close was told N70K with bribe and everything for the same missing passport and this is the most expensive, I have heard in real life so far. It's ya money , do as you please with it
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 29, 2017
MCzubby247:

If you believe that officer can help ask him to do 64 pages for you, normal price is 24k but I'm sure he won't take 24k for 64 pages.
Reason is that the national I'd card has been stagnant in their production process so people think international passport can serve same purpose apart from travel.
I repeat don't give this tout a chance else your money will be gone even if the have capture you he has people working in that department he might rapport well with just a call and money for drink that guy in capture room in glass house can delete your data,
Note: how sure are you the old passport is cancel?
How did you know is in the production room?
Bro just be smart money is hard this days ooh?
Those officers are just tout in uniform for their own belle there

He said he already paid for 32pages, I saw the approval letter from the ACG, my passport has been cancelled and I have been in abuja. I went their last week, there is no production ongoing, people capture and leave.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

Of course I'm highly connected..... to God, that is. 120K for what? Someone close was told N70K with bribe and everything for the same missing passport and this is the most expensive, I have heard in real life so far. It's ya money , do as you please with it

OK cool good for you but don't call people dull, cos circumstances are different. Everyone path ain't same. Rather put the blame on NIS.. Coz if you pay hotel bill 1 week in abuja without achieving your aim, you be coerce to comply.

The corruption and open swindling in NIS Headquarters is alarming.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stop-over Restaurants Along Inter-state Expressways: 10 Things You Would Observe / A Nairalandler’s Trip Back To The U.S / Policeman Caused Death Of My Brother In Accident In Warri - Man Cries Out (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.