Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife (22967 Views)

Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife / Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
Olu317:
Hmmmm, quite intriguing with this your claim that isn't true.Who were the Awos inferring on this bogus lie about Odua, Ogun? It seems you left out Orangun ILE ILA out of this, who was a very dreaded warrior during this period. Quite an imagination. Have you forgotten Owa Obokun went to fetch water at the seashore? Where did you notice even in the cosmopolitan ILE IFE, whose personality could be more organisational trendy during Adimunia's period? You think those that followed didn't realise, how divinely and spiritually sound he was? . Kindly list the settlement that existed and their lineage before odua emerged. As well as the Ebi system you claimed Odua sons and daughters copied. [b]You claimed again about a setting at ILE IFE, when in fact Odua reorganize and streamlined the whole settlement. Do you want me. to name them? [/b]You even claim Ogun was war freak when in fact, it was all about defending his territory. You are truly hilarious. This is the reason too many rumours and lies can destroy so many things. Now, get it dear, Ogun went out of ILE IFE to prosecute war and lived in an area near present day Shaki because he wasn't too keen about being an Ooni. Kindly save this gist of yours as Obamakin Osangangan used that opportunity to be Ooni before Alayemore came on board and the eventual Return Of Orannmiyan. I can sense in your assertion that is quite different and comparing Odua to Awolowo. You practically don't know much dear.

You can visit destee. com and see what Awo dino tried to do to justify the relevance of Ori and creation through Yoruba Eledumare. And I want you post your own version that is well known about the creation myth of Yoruba via Orunmiela.

Cheers

Lol please name the emboldened.

The most interesting thing about your post is that they are:

1. Not based on any personal participation in ritual festivals;

2. Not based on any person comminucation with those directly linked to Oduduwa;

3. Based on hearsays;

4. Are based on internet sources.

What wars Orangun fought, we do not know except you want to tell us. And that would be Ila history not Ife history.

You, an Ekiti man, can not tell the History of Ile-Ife better than Ife people. We know who did what; whom he did it with; where they did it and who came from where.

1 Like

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2018
To the Bini folks on this thread.

Your land’s name was changed from Igodomigodo to Ile-Ibinu.

One of your kings, I think Ewuare, changed the name to Ubini.

It is the same way you people take our names and locations and give it names of your own instead of calling it what we call it.

Such as:

What the foook is Uhe when it is Ife and can be easily pronounced?

What the fooook is Oghene nu’he? Is Ooni Ife too hard to prounounce?

What the feeeeeek is Omononyan? Is Oranmiyan that much of a speech problem?

What the fliink is Eweka? Is Owomika that difficult to pronounce?

The list goes on.

We gave you the name Ile-Ibinu and we can render it however the fook we want.

By the way, Owomika was regarded as Olubini and this is why those of us from Ife refer to Benin as Bini.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by SicilianMafia: 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2018
[s]
Y0ruba:
To the Bini folks on this thread.

Your land’s name was changed from Igodomigodo to Ile-Ibinu.

One of your kings, I think Ewuare, changed the name to Ubini.

It is the same way you people take our names and locations and give it names of your own instead of calling it what we call it.

Such as:

What the foook is Uhe when it is Ife and can be easily pronounced?

What the fooook is Oghene nu’he? Is Ooni Ife too hard to prounounce?

What the feeeeeek is Omononyan? Is Oranmiyan that much of a speech problem?

What the fliink is Eweka? Is Owomika that difficult to pronounce?

The list goes on.

We gave you the name Ile-Ibinu and we can render it however the fook we want.

By the way, Owomika was regarded as Olubini and this is why those of us from Ife refer to Benin as Bini.

Enjoy the rest of the day.
[/s]

All this thrash and you did not make one sense!!
Guess what Edo's never gave and still don't give a fvvck about "Yariiba" ppl

Coming from a " yariiba " boy I find this funny

Your whole tribe was given a derogatory name by the Fulani and you still bear it till date...

When actual tribes with documented and real history are talking "Yariiba" ppl shud shut up!!

1 Like

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by SicilianMafia: 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2018
[s]
Y0ruba:

Lewwwwwl!

I know you’ve been dying for attention.

I won’t give a lot of it to you, Ile Ibinu boy.

The documentation of your history is exagerrated. Your history proper began getting documented in the 15th century by the Portuguese and guess what, your king was telling them how my king, Oghene Nuhe was greater than him cheesy.

How empty your coronation ceremony is shows the Bini throne is lightweight with not much history behind it. King wey dey climd palm tree during coronation, is that one a king abi glorified palm wine tapper? grin

The highlight of your fame which is kingship & art were given to you by Yoruba. Thus, you can not narrate your history without talking about Yoruba first.

We own you people. grin
[/s]

Chaii the tin pain this "Yariiba" boy ooi grin grin grin grin grin

How can yariiba own thier father? grin grin

If not for Benin prince oduduwa who wandered into your desert and taught you all Benin culture which you copy cats are not even getting right till date hence the buying of political thrones like the useless one in Ife grin grin grin

Hahahaha
I know the truth is bitter to swallow but you will swallow it!!
Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2018
This guy calling himself Y0ruba has is yet an other living proof of what I said earlier.
The yoruba are attempting to steal Edo history.
These yoruba who apparently have renounced their own ancestors whom they have termed not good enough are attempting to insert themselves into Edo history by force and to push Edo out of Edo history.
Just look at all these laughable claims:
So the newest yoruba claim is that the Oba of Benin told the portuguese that there was a yoruba king greater than the Oba of Benin ?
Wow, notice how these yoruba people keep making these claims without ever bordering to give any sort of proof.
You can see how jealous the yoruba are when they claim that Edo history is overrated. Meaning that it is a great history and they are jealous.
While at the same time the yoruba go on to claim Edo imperial art and to claim Edo royal house (which the same yoruba is insulting by the way).
And the troll ends it with "we own you people". Just like the psychopath who is trying to take over the life of someone of importance.
yoruba, I invite you to keep showing your low self-esteem. Keep denying your ancestors and your past,keep claiming my past. Gloryfy my ancestors and not yours; It is all well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 16, 2018
Oh Jeez, you are really making me laugh.
Proven facts can not be considered insults.

Y0ruba:

Mynd22, odumchi, bigfrancis21, Fulaman19

Please have a look at how this honourable man labelled a whole nation & pass proper judgement you think he may deserve.

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2018
SOmeone should please help me locate the following places in order to prove how magnificent yoruba history is:

1) Bight of oyo
2) Bight of yoruba
3) yoruba republic
4) oyo republic
5) Bight of ife
6) ife republic
7) any mention of yoruba more than 160 years ago
8 ) ife royal palace before the british colonized this part of west africa
9) oyo royal palace before the british colonized this part of west africa
10) ife bronze decorating ife palace when the british invaded
11) oyo bronze decorating oyo palace when the british invaded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Olu317(m): 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2018
Y0ruba:

Lol please name the emboldened.

The most interesting thing about your post is that they are:

1. Not based on any personal participation in ritual festivals;

2. Not based on any person comminucation with those directly linked to Oduduwa;

3. Based on hearsays;

4. Are based on internet sources.

What wars Orangun fought, we do not know except you want to tell us. And that would be Ila history not Ife history.

You, an Ekiti man, can not tell the History of Ile-Ife better than Ife people. We know who did what; whom he did it with; where they did it and who came from where.

Me,an Ekiti man? kikikiki you are a funny chap . oh k, I recall my mother was a descendant of one small kingly lineage and my father's....... FAR FROM IT. No,hatred for any Ekitiketes. Anyway, I am from a culturally cum traditionally endowed background. Internet crab, you claimed about what I know? I siddon look . This is a faceless forum and people can type what suit them but I know odua and his descendants history because he was a reference point in all ramification. I have given out the little I can share with you. Every Yoruba person know his or her root if indoctrinated properly, even if not, the pride of being Yoruba is always edible. I guess you need to dig my past posts and more in the past then you will have a clue about me .

Look dear, Enjoy yourself on here.

1 Like

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by OrisaEsu: 8:25pm On Jan 16, 2018
historyworld031:
This guy calling himself Y0ruba has is yet an other living proof of what I said earlier.
These yoruba who apparently have renounced their own ancestors whom they have termed not good enough are attempting to insert themselves into Edo history by force and to push Edo out of Edo history.
So the newest yoruba claim is that the Oba of Benin told the portuguese that there was ayoruba king greater than the Oba of Benin ?
Wow, notice how these yoruba people keep making these claims without ever bordering to give any sort of proof.
You can see how jealous the yoruba are when they claim that Edo history is overrated. Meaning that it is a great history and they are jealous.
While at the same time the yoruba go on to claim Edo imperial art and to claim Edo royal house (which the same yoruba is insulting by the way).
And the troll ends it with "we own you people". Just like the psychopath who is trying to take over the life of someone of importance.
yoruba, I invite you to keep showing your low self-esteem. Keep denying your ancestors and your past,keep claiming my past. Gloryfy my ancestors and not yours; It is all well.

The problem is that a whole lot of you don’t read. You rely heavily on mouth-to-ear narratives without conducting any independent study of your own. This is why one king can hoodwink everyone of you with Izoduwa fables.

1 Like

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by SicilianMafia: 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2018
[s]
OrisaEsu:

The problem is that a whole lot of you don’t read. You rely heavily on mouth-to-ear narratives without conducting any independent study of your own. This is why one king can hoodwink everyone of you with Izoduwa fables.
[/s]

You are back with anoda account ............ You go chop ban again untop this one
Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Christistruth00: 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2018
historyworld031:
So the newest yoruba claim is that the Oba of Benin told the portuguese that there was a yoruba king greater than the Oba of Benin ?

Read this portugese and Spanish account

1. Foundations of the Portuguese Empire, 1415-1580
By Bailey Wallys Pg 159

2.Art and Risk in Ancient Yoruba: Ife History, Power, and Identity, c.1300
By Suzanne Preston Blier Pg 6

2 Likes

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2018
I am starting to think you guys really don't understand english.
the autour of that book is still alive.
She is not doing anything different from you when you make claims and provide no proof.
She is in no way an eye witness of the event which she describes, because the event allegedly takes place around 600 years before she was born. Now one would like to know what historical document she is using as reference, but that doesn't seem to matter to you and you don't point that out and neither does she.
What you need to do is to go after historical documents (written by eye witnesses, or at least written in the period being studied).
The fact that the author is white and specializes in history of arts doesn't change the fact that this is not a historical document.
Do you have brains at all ?

It seems I made a mix up, Suzanne doesn't make these claims, these claims were made by a person of lesser reputation than Suzanne. Indeed Suzanne only writes the second text, not the first one. So sorry Madame Suzanne.

Christistruth00:

Read this portugese and Spanish account

Foundations of the Portuguese Empire, 1415-1580
By Bailey Wallys Pg 159

2.Art and Risk in Ancient Yoruba: Ife History, Power, and Identity, c.1300
By Suzanne Preston Blier Pg 6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
We in Benin Kingdom, we know Izoduwa/oduduwa, Oranmiyan and so on are just folklores.
These are our parables, our beautiful stories.
But you in yoruba whatever, you seem to not understand that oduduwa is just a folklore and you actually include him (a mythical figure) in all your talks about history.
So who is being hoodwinked ?
Your ooni is hoodwinking you guys into making himself an emperor while in reality he is nothing but a village chief.

OrisaEsu:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
I would love to read a portuguese book written in the 15th century in which we would find the story of "oghane" or whatever, (notice that no portuguese made map of that era even shows ife.) But such a document just doesn't exist. Which makes you ask yourself how people could be making these claims 600 years after the alleged event. is time travel involved ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
When doing historical research. When you find a document, the first question you need to ask yourself is: when was it written.
That is a very important question.
If it was written long after the period which is being studied then you need to look at the historical documents on which your document is based.
This is how you stop people from rewriting history.
Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Christistruth00: 10:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
KUBA1987:
I am starting to think you guys really don't understand english.
the autour of that book is still alive.
She is not doing anything different from you when you make claims and provide no proof.
She is in no way an eye witness of the event which she describes, because the event allegedly takes place around 600 years before she was born. Now one would like to know what historical document she is using as reference, but that doesn't seem to matter to you and you don't point that out and neither does she.
What you need to do is to go after historical documents (written by eye witnesses, or at least written in the period being studied).
The fact that the author is white and specializes in history of arts doesn't change the fact that this is not a historical document.
Do you have brains at all ?

Was Joan Afonso d'Aveiro who wrote of what the Oba of Benin told him in 1485 not an eye withness? Incredible!
Are you ashamed of the truth?

2 Likes

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
Reading and writing are easy, reasoning is hard, and reasoning well is even harder. You guys have got the reading and writing part very well, but the part about reasoning well, you totally missed that part.
OrisaEsu:

The problem is that a whole lot of you don’t read.
Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
How do I even know if your Joan Afonso d'Aveiro ever existed ?
All I see is a claim made by a woman who is still alive by the way.
The woman makes a claim about an event which allegedly happened around 600 years ago.
Now I want proof of her claims.
I want to see the documents which she read and which made her to make her claim.
Either she is basing her claim on historical documents from eye witnesses (Joan Afonso d'Aveiro) or people who had a conversation with the eye witness, or she is fabricating.
Are you reasoning badly on purpose ?

Christistruth00:

Was Joan Afonso d'Aveiro who wrote of what the Oba of Benin told him in 1485 not an eye withness? Incredible!
Are you ashamed of the truth?

1 Like

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Christistruth00: 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
KUBA1987:
How do I even know if your Joan Afonso d'Aveiro ever existed ?
All I see is a claim made by a woman who is still alive by the way.
The woman makes a claim about an event which allegedly happened around 600 years ago.
Now I want proof of her claims.
I want to see the documents which she read and which made her to make her claim.
Either she is basing her claim on historical documents from eye witnesses (Joan Afonso d'Aveiro) or people who had a conversation with the eye witness, or she is fabricating.
Are you reasoning badly on purpose ?

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by macof(m): 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
SicilianMafia:
[s][/s]

All this thrash and you did not make one sense!!
Guess what Edo's never gave and still don't give a fvvck about "Yariiba" ppl

Coming from a " yariiba " boy I find this funny

Your whole tribe was given a derogatory name [b]by the Fulani
and you still bear it till date...

When actual tribes with documented and real history are talking "Yariiba" ppl shud shut up!!
[/b]

By the Malians not fulani
Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nice, there was indeed a person named Joan Afonso d'Aveiro.
Now get me the document in which he made claims about your ooni of ife and the Oba of Benin.
This is the hard part and the only part with any sort of importance.
Good luck.

Christistruth00:

1 Like

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by OrisaEsu: 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
KUBA1987:
We in Benin Kingdom, we know Izoduwa/oduduwa, oranmiyan and so on are just folklores, These are our parbles, our beautiful stories
. But you in yoruba whatever, you seem to not understand that oduduwa is just a folklore and you actually include him (a mythical figure) in all your talks about history.
So who is being hoodwinked ?
Your ooni is hoodwinking you guys into making himself an emperor while in reality he is nothing but a village chief.

That is the point, for us it is all real because his contemporaries all have compounds and left relics behind. Oduduwa’s families and followers abound in Ife and there were lots of things he left behind at the palace, his temple and his compound.

Maybe the name ‘Oduduwa’ is a folklore because the name Oduduwa wasn’t the real name of the Ife King at that time.

You may be right about the name being folklore and also right about people not being able to discern the folklores and sensationalizing it with sky descent and Mecca.

1 Like

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Christistruth00: 11:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
KUBA1987:
Nice, there was indeed a person named Joan Afonso d'Aveiro.
Now get me the document in which he made claims about your ooni of ife and the Oba of Benin.
This is the hard part and the only one with any sort of importance.
Good luck.

First give me documents showing the Oba of Benin confirming Izoduwa story 600 years ago or even 100 years ago or even any book of at least 70 years confirming it.
Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
I don't follow.
Are you going to prove your claim or not ?
Christistruth00:

First give me documents showing the Oba of Benin confirming Izoduwa story 600 years ago or even 100 years ago.
Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Christistruth00: 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
KUBA1987:
I don't follow.
Are you going to prove your claim or not ?

I thought as much, you don't have any.
Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 16, 2018
What in hell are you talking about ? The subject of our discussion is the claim that a certain Joan Afonso d'Aveiro visited the Oba of Benin around 600 YEARS AGO and allegedly wrote that the Oba of Benin told him that the ooni of ife were greater.
I asked you to provide proof of that claim of yours (the document).
Did you just forget what we were talking about

Christistruth00:

I thought as much, you don't have any.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2018
Which palace ?
which descendents ?
My take on this is that all this is just a folklore.
At least we agree on a few things.

OrisaEsu:

That is the point, for us it is all real because his contemporaries all have compounds and left relics behind. Oduduwa’s families and followers abound in Ife and there were lots of things he left behind at the palace, his temple and his compound.

Maybe the name ‘Oduduwa’ is a folklore because the name Oduduwa wasn’t the real name of the Ife King at that time.

You may be right about the name being folklore and also right about people not being able to discern the folklores and sensationalizing it with sky descent and Mecca.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead / Alafin's Supernatural Power Over Other Oba's In Yorubaland / Ooni Ogunwusi With John Mahama In Ghana, Gets Lovely Art Gift On His Ghana Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.