Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Three Sides Of A Coin - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Sides Of A Coin (156795 Views)

Messiah's Poem: The Poverty Alleviation Coin (PAC) & Naira Marley Coin (NMC). / *sides Of Love* / sides Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Pinkfeet: 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
thanks for the update.

let me sit right and be watching d downfall of david very soon
David is dating Rohda because of dat company .
Ehi u need to be strong now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Rhayne(f): 11:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
Dranoid:

OK, I've seen some really cool names/monikers, but yours makes it to like no.2 on my list
Thank you, that is an unexpected compliment. Hope number 1 on your list isn't yours, that would be a definition of bias. grin

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Dranoid: 12:05am On Oct 09, 2017
Rhayne:

Thank you, that is an unexpected compliment. Hope number 1 on your list isn't yours, that would be a definition of bias. grin

How can it be bias when its true? grin even you will have to agree with me cool
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Rhayne(f): 7:10am On Oct 09, 2017
Dranoid:

Sorry to disappoint you, you are oyo o tongue[quote author=Dranoid post=61238449]

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 8:37am On Oct 09, 2017
fiyah:

mami, don't worry dear, I would try as much as possible to finish it on here. I am simply honored by your enthusiasm toward my stories. It is with tears and kisses that I say thank you so much for reading.
awwwwwww my dear it is well deserved .....thank you for blessings us with u story (talent)

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by HelenBee(f): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2017
David is such a kill-Joy. Hian...

3 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Lildiamond: 10:29am On Oct 09, 2017
I don't like that David

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Mirabel14: 11:12am On Oct 09, 2017
Fiyah! You are the best.

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by piuwety01: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2017
Fiyah, u truely are an amazing writer, a unique one @ dat, I've read so many stories on NL & u stories jst has dis uniqueness. More wisdom 2 u dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bimberry1307(f): 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ehhhhh!!! 2 ti he 4 o (2/4). Ehi, backstabbing. Rhoda, backstabbing. No problem, kwantinu. Fiyah, oya nau, let's go there.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bilirayz(f): 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2017
This is serious, please dearie, I can't wait for the next one, thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by itsandi(m): 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nice one Fiyah! Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Twinkle004(f): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
Fiyah why are they all backstabbing each other like this Na..

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by herosakin777(m): 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
FIYAH more grace to u #Respect

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by iiru: 9:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
beautiful piece fiyah

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by seun9303: 12:05am On Oct 10, 2017
more ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Fshalom7(f): 2:21am On Oct 10, 2017
I'm sure David did that on purpose and he's got Rhoda just where he wanted her.He'll surely regret this.....weldone Fiyah

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Olabantu(m): 7:56am On Oct 10, 2017
fiyah thumbs up for you ooooo.. u gat me thinking ova nyt about how those 2 are gonna sought each oda, am also thinking Dave is gonna use did avenue to brainwash Rhoda..anyways, na u b D captain of there destiny so I leave u to do the rest But plz make u help us do did thing sharp sharp u know say u go soon resume, abeg

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by seun9303: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2017
see how I just dey refresh the page almost every 20 minutes... abi na uncompleted story! #thinkingaloud�

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by abubakarbabang7(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
fiyah where art thou

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2017
*EHI*

I stopped for a moment at the door just after closing it behind me while I let my eyes feed on the sight before me. Rhoda was wearing a grey hoodie over a pair of black trousers and she was obviously, as weird as it may sound, emptying her stuffs from the closet into a huge leather box at the speed of light. She had her back turned to me and not once did she turn to look at me when I entered.

It was some minutes past 10 and I read this while letting my eyes rove to the side of the room where a huge violet wall clock lay.

I walked to the other side of the room as wordlessly and as noiselessly as anything could be.

I couldn't even tell the reason for my muteness.

Well, it could be because I unanimously got abandoned and forgotten at a restaurant where a dinner which I got begged to give in to was supposed to take place with the host of the night canceling at the last minute with a text.

Or, it could be because I just find out my best friend may not exactly be whom I always thought her to be as she did a very good job in hiding her wedding plans up to her wedding invitation from me.

Or it could be both.

Could tonight get any sadder, regretful and disappointing for me?

I strolled casually and sluggishly to the other side of the room still wallowing in the depressing pool of self pity and anger whilst acting completely oblivious of the other person in the room with me.

There was no need exchanging words with her.

I feel awfully disgusted just staring at her and I know saying a word to her at that moment would end up being disastrous. I know I can't help myself from spitting and spewing a whole lot of hurtful words while chipping in swear words when I am angry.

As badly as I want to yell out my frustration and disappointment in her face, I know it would be wrong taking out all my anger out on her.

She will be getting the silent treatment until she eventually figures out why and she comes to me with more than good enough reasons why she kept me in the dark on her wedding plans.

I removed my shoes and flung it a distance away from the bed. Climbing into bed with my dress and rolling the duvet over myself, my eyes caught Rhoda heading towards the door while dragging her now filled box after her.

'Where are you going?' So, yes I broke my silent treatment contract.

I wasn't going to go back on my words but I had no choice but to after taking a glance at the wall clock and another quick glance around the room.

The time was half past ten and the room was completely deficient of anything that could suggest Rhoda's presence. She had the room cleansed of everything that belonged to her.

Except maybe the bag she had me take to the dinner.

I watched Rhoda turn to scowl at me from under the hood that covers almost half her face without uttering a word.

Seriously?

She really was the one giving the attitudes?

I stood up and walked to meet her at the door. She was about to open the door but she stopped when I approached her in a confronting posture.

Standing before her with lips ready to do justice to the issues on ground, I rubbed my tired eyes lightly.

'Don't you think it is strange and hard to explain when someone obviously in the wrong tries to flip the table?' I said throwing my hands in the air in gesticulation.

'Oh, you mean stranger and harder to explain than your relationship with my brother?' That was the word that came out of her mouth.

It was like she was ready for me.

It was like she had always been ready for that question.

Her eyes were red with anger and they stared daggers and swords at me. And for the first time today, I actually became reflexively mute.

'Cat got your tongue? Are you suddenly speechless?'' She folded her arms across her chest while pecking herself into a somewhat intimidating pose.

I didn't know where to start explaining myself but I knew I had to start somewhere. Rhoda can't go about with the idea that I was dating her brother.

'What are you talking about?' I knew that was so wrong on many levels but it was the best thing I could come up with as my brain was kind of messed up with the sudden and unexpected declaration.

'Okay, how about I rephrase,' Rhoda started again rubbing her hands together violently. 'You have been sleeping with my brother… well, I am beginning to think you don't know. So, news flash, I have only one brother and I hate him and you know how much I do.'

She had her brows raised in a dare kind of way.

Her brows dared me to say something.

I knew she got it all wrong and I am to blame. I knew it was upon me to convince her and let her know the whole truth even though she was already spewing some really hurtful words.

'Look, I am not dating Peter and yeah, he isn't bad. You only have the wrong impression about him because you weren't ready to meet him yet and I respected that as your friend. Okay, he was a jerk at first. Everyone thought he was but trust me, he is cool. He isn't here to compete with you or anything. I know this goes against everything you want to believe but you can admit to even yourself judging by the little time you spent with 'Fred', that he was nothing like the Peter you fictionally created…' I was interrupted by Rhoda before I could complete that.

'So easy for you to say just right after he slept with you.' She hurled the word at me and that hit me in a very hot place. 'You should have listened to yourself.' She paused, peering closer at me and making me throw my heads backwards slightly. ' You sounded like you really want to be in his arms right now.' She gave me a disgusted frown with disappointment strewn on her face.

'You lied bout his name.' She continued in a sullen tone and there was no mistaken the tears flooding her eyes.

'He slept in your bed and you still have the gut to think I would be so gullible to believe you like I stupidly used to' She was yelling at me in the face and I knew there was no saving me.

'No wonder you were so eager to convince me to give in and make up with my family even if it would cost me the company. I was going to do what you advised not knowing your loyalty had been compromised and you just wanted your boyfriend to win…' I listened to her ridiculous speech and I couldn't help it this time.

She may choose to not believe me but one thing I won't have her doing is dragging me into her family feud.

'Okay, that is just way too ridiculous and you are being completely unreasonable!' I uttered that with a shut eye.

Actually, I yelled it.

'So, now I am the one being unreasonable. You sleeping around with my foster brother ain't unreasonable again? You throwing away a friendship you've built over a decade and which is by far the most meaningful thing you'd ever possess isn't being unreasonable anymore? You falling for someone you know would end up dumping you probably on your wedding night like you've always been dumped ain't unreasonable anymore? Please, unless the dictionary meaning of unreasonable has changed, you and I both know who the exact definition of unreasonable , selfish and irresponsible is.' She paused to take a breath as tears streamed down her face.

'You were supposed to have my back Ehi.' Her tone had fallen but the anger was still quite evident.

'I can barely look at you in the face anymore. My best friend is dead. You are dead to me.'

With that last statement, like the reaper, she exited the room leaving me in silence with a sense of guilt, hurt, anger and sadness settling in the pit of my stomach

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by AryEmber(f): 12:07am On Oct 14, 2017
Haba! I swear Rhoda deserve a slap! Good job Fiyah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by iiru: 12:12am On Oct 14, 2017
nice one

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Dynamik007(m): 4:17am On Oct 14, 2017
fiyah!!!!!! thumbs up ma....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by kimfunmilayo(f): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2017
Rhoda you will soon learn Fiyah wehdon ma!

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 14, 2017
David the brain washer and rhoda the gullible one. Fiyah the mastermind bring it on

3 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Streetmade(m): 8:22am On Oct 14, 2017
Mumu Ehi,what was she thinking?abi she wanted to hide peter from rhoda forever

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Joislim(f): 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2017
I feel for Rhoda sha, she's too gullible

Ride on fiyah

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by chikzyet(f): 7:04am On Oct 15, 2017
to think that she actually forgot d reason she was asked to check d company's webpage.....sorry Rhoda..Cunning David. undecidedto think that she actually forgot d reason she was asked to check d company's webpage.....sorry Rhoda..Cunning David.

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Dynamik007(m): 8:37am On Oct 15, 2017
chikzyet:
to think that she actually forgot d reason she was asked to check d company's webpage.....sorry Rhoda..Cunning David. undecidedto think that she actually forgot d reason she was asked to check d company's webpage.....sorry Rhoda..Cunning David.

what a point.... hmm..

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 10:24am On Oct 15, 2017
*EHI*

I could barely keep my mind off how things keep falling apart for me in different and new catastrophic ways so I busied myself with work since it seems like it's the only thing that works for me.

Nothing works for me.

Nothing has. Ever.

I suck at a lot of things. Friendship, relationships… Life.

It was hard concentrating but I made it half way through the day anyway and that was commendable enough.

I have been a lot of things.

I have been broken, lost, disappointed, hurt, failed, abandoned…just name anything that could be regarded as sad for any human. I had and have been all that but one thing I have never been in all my years on earth is lonely…

… and helpless.

Irrespective of how hard life tried to hit me, Rhoda has always been there to soften the blow and make all the wounds heal faster. She has been my consolation for years. The shoulder I lean, cry and eat on.

That was as perfect as PERFECT could be until I got myself entangled in her family mess. The mess involving her dumb half bro who by the way, hasn't shown up to clear himself talk more of rendering an apology.

My friendship with Rhoda is very important to me but somehow, I couldn't help squeezing in the agent responsible for its crumbling somewhere in my thought. You can't just bail on someone and not show up to say anything about it. Peter's morals during his pitiful childhood must have been crumbled along with his conscience.

I can't even believe I lost my friendship of a decade and more to something so mild as a family feud and because of someone so not worth it.

'You haven't signed yet.' Fola's voice threw me out of my reverie. I cleared my throat stylishly while avoiding the impatient look that was conspicuously spread across his face. Gripping the pen in my right hand tighter, I scribbled my signature in the box on the the last page of the document lying on my desk.

I was sitting at my desk and he was standing over me waiting to collect a file I was supposed to go through and sign at the appropriate places. I was doing fine until I blanked off.

'Here.' I closed the white file that housed the document and handed it to him while adjusting my glasses.

'Thanks.' He muttered and hurried to the door just in time to stop in front of it. Someone was going to enter…

Peter was going to enter.

I watched Fola exchanged a short greeting with him before exiting.

While Peter took his strides towards my desk, I picked up a random book and opened it before me.

'I need you to sign this.' He said, placing a huge brown file on the book I was pretending to read. He was seated before me right before I could ask him to.

Not that I was planning to ask him to anyway.

I was mildly shocked by his lack of care and moves that shows he wanted to command respect.

That's it?

No 'Hey, good morning. I am terribly sorry about yesterday blah blah blah sheep…?'

Or is 'I need you to sign this' another way of saying 'I am sorry?' Cos I couldn't be anymore lost that I already am.

Biting my lower lips firmly and getting ready to play along in his stupid game, I picked the file up with an angry scowl gracing my face while I stared at him.

He wasn't staring back. He wasn't even looking at me and it wasn't like he was avoiding eye contact. He wasn't. He just didn't want to look at me.

I flipped through the first few pages of the documents, before turning it over to the last page which had '47' written at the base. I closed the file and set it aside.

'I'd read it, sign it and get it back to you before today runs out.' I said averting my gaze back to the lettering on the book I was pretend reading.

'It is freaking urgent! You don't need to read anything, just sign the goddamn file.' He yelled at me, standing up swiftly, lifting my book up and sending it flying across the wall until I was staring at nothing but my mahogany desk.

'That was why I said I will get it back to you before today runs out!' I reciprocated by raising my voice as well. 'I am not putting my signature on something I didn't read and this file has a freaking number of 47 pages.'

'By urgent, I mean now. NOW is my definition of URGENT!' He spat aggressively.

'Which part of I will read and get it back to you don't you understand? How can someone be so arrogant, selfish and massively annoying at the same time!' I didn't know where that come from but I said it anyway.

'Hold on a sec, is there more to this than signing a file?' He paused to catch my attention. 'Okay, this is about the dinner. Right? I didn't show up and we get it. Get over it and sign already.' He said.

To say I was stunned, would be an understatement. I was simply 'comatosed'. I was tongue tied and he got the gist cos he continued.

'You wanted a 'no' talking policy and now I am consenting, now you have a problem with it? It is what you want and now you don't anymore? Was all your drama yesterday pretence?' He threw the rhetoric questions at me successively without a pause. 'You wanted to just do your job… I am asking you to do just that.' He added looking at me right in the eye.

'Oh, it is my fault that I decided to grant your pleading? It is my fault to want to be nice? It is my fault to want to be the only friend you ever had?… okay I get it. It is my fault cos I was dumb to have never seen this coming back to bite me hard but whichever way that is, I am not signing until I read this. Now you deal with it.' I said rising to his height daringly.

We glared at each other in silence for minutes before he tore his gaze off.

He picked the brown file, stared at it then stormed out of my office without saying a word.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Dynamik007(m): 1:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
OK.. what's cooking

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control / Delayed Diagnosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.