Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Three Sides Of A Coin - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Sides Of A Coin (156712 Views)

Messiah's Poem: The Poverty Alleviation Coin (PAC) & Naira Marley Coin (NMC). / *sides Of Love* / sides Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 11:19am On Oct 03, 2017
o files hot.. David....... u re a failure...mu plan no go work......thanks fiyah love

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by HelenBee(f): 11:22am On Oct 03, 2017
I hope David doesn't have ulterior motives with this company?

4 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 11:22am On Oct 03, 2017
bellefidel:
o files hot.. David....... u re a failure...mu plan no go work......thanks fiyah love

Thanks for reading ma'am
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 11:25am On Oct 03, 2017
HelenBee:
I hope David doesn't have ulterior motives with this company?

I guess we are going to find that out.

Thanks for reading. You have always been an awesome follower of my write-ups irrespective of how crappy they are.

Am I glad to have you?

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Qasaforlife(f): 11:52am On Oct 03, 2017
Am loving this dear. Wow!!

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by chekemy(f): 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2017
You 've gat a nice story here dear.
Keep it up!

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Lildiamond: 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
I don't like this David guy

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by RolaDiva(f): 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2017
Why don't I like this David guy undecided
Ehi and Peter are just perfect together smiley

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by gr8skillz(m): 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
fiyah

God bless you, ...and all yours

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
RolaDiva:
Why don't I like this David guy undecided Ehi and Peter are just perfect together smiley
t that is ehhhhhhh.......match made in heaven ......so romantic
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by itsandi(m): 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
Keeping an eye on this David guy. Read other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by crislyn(f): 7:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
A4dams:
seriously he is acting too desperate. Why can't he face peter so that one can punch his faces. Madman wanna marry CEO of a company his father didn't build
I'm not sure he even loves the Rhoda, he and his father has plans for her all along. And I'm sure its that trap his mom and sister are trying to prevent Rhoda from falling into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by HelenBee(f): 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
fiyah:

I guess we are going to find that out.

Thanks for reading. You have always been an awesome follower of my write-ups irrespective of how crappy they are.

Am I glad to have you?
We can't wait to find out.
Your write-ups have never been crappy at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bimberry1307(f): 9:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
oh David, why you wan pour sand sand for my garri nau?

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Honeydawealth(f): 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
David.....most of ur name sakes are not treacherous......why is ur own different??
Fiyah thumbs up!!

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Ayomicome(m): 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
angry Am wondering what Rhoda's reaction will be when she finds out
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 04, 2017
crislyn:

I'm not sure he even loves the Rhoda, he and his father has plans for her all along. And I'm sure its that trap his mom and sister are trying to prevent Rhoda from falling into.
hmm nice observation. A part of me is thinking same also but rhoda is just a naive and mild girl that is very gullible. She can be brainwashed easily. Poor innocent rhoda but let's see the twist fiyah ll add to it

3 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2017
fiyah dear pls is de story on okada books I would love to buy.. I can't wait...the anticipation is killing... can u imagine this is like my tenth time of checking this story today

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by datjohn(m): 12:48am On Oct 06, 2017
Mehnn... dis Fiyah is jst something else.
I jst keep marveling at d level of creativity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Fshalom7(f): 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
This update is wow! And it has left me wanting more.More power to ur hand @Fiyah

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by itsandi(m): 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nice one Fiyah... enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
*EHI*

Kale's sat at the edge of a hill overlooking a children's park to the south and a police station to the north whilst leaving a grand view of a five star hotel to the right. I entered the ultra expensive restaurant with a gait that spelled authority. I was showed to a table by a female waiter who received me with a wide smile at the entrance shortly after the guard in black overalls allowed me in just after confirming my name on the reservation log he had in his hands.

As I followed the waiter to where the supposed table was, I took my time to assess the restaurant right from the few customers warming the seats to the staff who were all dressed in matching camouflage outfit.

'Please make yourself comfortable.' The waiter said bowing slightly as I sat down on one of the two fancy chairs surrounding a round table.

I watched the waiter shoot me a smile while still on her feet. My eyes were quick to catch the name inscribed on the tag taped to her breast pocket.

'Thanks, Sarah.' I added flashing her an encouraging smile. ' Hmmm, i'm just a bit curious, has my date been here or….' I asked hoping I wasn't too late when there seemed to be no sight of peter anywhere.

'No, Mr Peter isn't here yet. You should probably call him.' Sarah advised which I considered she did by reading the worry strewn across my face.

'I will. Thanks.' I quickly answered, dismissing her with a quick smile.

'Would you like your meal served now or…?' She inquired, her legs rooted to the same spot and I was starting to get the vibe she is a bit into poke nosing.

'No… I don't. I will wait for Peter.' I quickly answered right before she could proceed.

'What about a drink then?' She further asked leaving me no choice but to nod affirmatively.

She nodded her acknowledgement then left.

I sighed a little and placed my bag on the table before me. That did a great job relieving the tension in my head. With a slumped shoulder, I let my eyes travel around the restaurant right from the bar just anterior to me, to the reception on my far right and the kitchen, which was separated just posterior to me by a heavy iron door.

My scanning spree got interrupted when my phone suddenly vibrated, jerking me back into reality.

It was peter.

I swiped at the screen to answer the call.

'You are late.' I said as soon as I put the phone to my ear.

The situation isn't the one that warrants an 'Hello' or all of those irrelevant frivolities.

I listened to the rasped breath on the other end but I was too preoccupied with thoughts of being delayed to even care.

'I was starting to think you misplaced your phone or got robbed cos I find it hard to believe there would be a much plausible reason for missing my countless calls and numerous texts!.' I could tell I was half screaming because the couple sitting right next to me suddenly directed their gaze at my table with a frightening stare lingering on their faces.

That got me flashing a smile reassuring them that I wasn't a psych patient on the loose.

I listened quietly hoping I would get a reply of some sort but the only thing that came from the other end of the line was rapid and heavy breathing.

'I'm sorry. I don't know… I would be there… I surely would be there but I'd be a little bit late.' He took a few moment before saying that and his voice sounded tired and rough that I suddenly start to worry.

'You are already an hour plus behind time… that isn't a little late anymore.' I said and instead of getting a witty reply of some sort, there was a long pause on the other end and all I could hear was heaving breathing.

'Are you sure you are okay?' I asked with a concern laden voice.

'I'll talk to you later.' was his reply before hanging up on my partly shut mouth.

I took the phone off my ear to stare at it in dismay.

Something seemed off about Peter... He sounded like he was in some sort of distress.

'Here.' It was Sarah again and she was placing a bottle of drink and a glass cup on my table. I watch her pour the drink into the glass cup while giving me a side stare that spelled 'pokenosing'.

'You look disturbed. Are you okay?' Sarah asked just in time to prove to me that she really can't mind her business.

'I am fine. Thanks for the concern though.' I replied, forcefully lifting the side of mouth in a fake smile.

'Well, you don't seem like you are.' She said giving me a scrutinizing stare which oddly made me cringe.

Is there not some staff- customer restriction of some sort in this restaurant? This Sarah is starting to creep me out.

'I think it is boy problem.' She said, taking quick glances around the restaurant like she was being wary of someone. Her superiors, I guess.

Dropping the drink beside the now filled glass of wine, she draw out the chair directly facing me to sit on.

'I also had a boyfriend.' She started, clasping her palms together in a 'tell-tale', dramatic way and I instantly knew I wanted to escape from this lady.

Everybody just had to be a relationship psychologist.

I lifted the filled cup to my lips to create a distraction for myself.

'Until yesterday of course. He ended it with me on a reason as stupid as he doesn't like the tone of my skin! He said he prefers his wife's now.'

I don't know how, but her last statement was so ridiculous, it got me coughing out the little drink I took and half of what was in the cup on my dress.

Shit!

I thought this conversation was meant to be about me?

Why is she making it all about her?

Doesn't she have some friends she can drop her pathetic love life on or something? She clearly looks like someone going through a rough breakup and she could use some shoulder to cry on.

But definitely not the shoulder of a stranger she ran into in the restaurant.

Definitely not me.

I have a enough to deal with myself.

'If I were you, I will spill my drink too.' She continued not really bothered about my stained dress which I was trying so hard to clean with the table napkin. But instead, I succeeded in spreading the stain a lot farther from the original spot.

Okay that's it.

It's either I become rude, report her and make her lose her job or I walk off and never come back.

Lifting off my phone and tucking it inside my bag while having a quivering smile replace the disgust on my face, I excused myself with my bag securely slung across my shoulder and head to the restroom before she could agree to my request of an excuse.

'Thank God.' I sighed immediately I entered the Sarah free zone, the restroom. Dumping the now damp and badly stained napkin in the bin right beside the door, I took a worried look at my dress.

I was going going to wash my hands from the basin when I got a beep from my phone signalling a text.

It was from Peter and it simply read 'GO HOME. I CAN'T MAKE IT.'

As much as I tried not to think about it, I couldn't help scoffing disbelievingly at my phone.

He had to call off a date I never wanted to agree to through a text?

How absurd and insulting does that sound?

I wiped my face with my wet palms while staring at my mirror reflection. Tucking my hair behind my ear, I searched my bag viciously for something to clean my face with. An hankie, a small piece of cloth, anything at all.

And it was then I stumbled on wades of fancy envelopes inside the bag. They were so many there would be at least fifty in there. Squeezing my gaze to read the calligraphic lettering inscribed on it, I felt my heart jump to my throat in shock.

It was an invitation card to Rhoda's wedding.

Never has there been a greater backstabbing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 6:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
bellefidel:
fiyah dear pls is de story on okada books I would love to buy.. I can't wait...the anticipation is killing... can u imagine this is like my tenth time of checking this story today

mami, don't worry dear, I would try as much as possible to finish it on here. I am simply honored by your enthusiasm toward my stories. It is with tears and kisses that I say thank you so much for reading.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
datjohn:
Mehnn... dis Fiyah is jst something else. I jst keep marveling at d level of creativity.
how much I have missed you bro!

it's so good to have you back. just like old times

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2017

*RHODA*

'You didn't call, you didn't text, you just showed up and I know I shouldn't be asking you this but it is unlike you' I said walking closely behind David as he head towards the room, briefcase in hand.

He hasn't talked since he entered nor has he taken a second glance at me.

'I am talking to you David!' I said snapping my fingers in his face while standing on my toes to meet his height. He looked down at me but I knew he really was absent minded. 'Did something bad happen at work?' I asked, letting my feet lay flatly on the ground once again as standing on my toes began to hurt.

'Where is Ehi?' He asked as his face darted around the place at a surprising speed.

'Hold on a second, ' I stood rooted to a spot suddenly becoming enraged. 'I can't believe after every single question, every single statement I have made, the first thing you'd be saying to compliment that is asking about my friend who isn't even here?' I paused, staring at his back. He was in front of the door now and all he had to do was open it but he also paused.

'Is it about work? Is it something I should know?' I asked,my voice flaking in dying curiosity.

David turned and took several steps toward me, staring at me in the face for the first time today.

'Nah… it isn't anything you have to worry about…' He said pulling my head closer to his chest assuredly.

I listened to his rapid heartbeats for a second and I felt calm.

'Where did she go?' He asked once again as he caressed strands of my hair with his fingers. His question, got me lifting my head off his chest to stare at him worriedly. 'I need to talk to her about something… it is work related and it is nothing you should worry about?' He quickly added.

'Ehi went out on a date.' I wriggled myself off his grip and walked to the bedroom while David followed. 'She is seeing someone now and I would have told you but you haven't been around a lot.' I added, flinging myself into a supine position on the bed with my feet still on the floor.

'Isn't that quick? Didn't she just have very awful wedding a few months ago?' He asked sitting beside me on the bed with his briefcase.

'Yeah yeah yeah. But that doesn't mean she has to give up you know. She's just got to keep trying. I have a feeling this one would end up fine. The guy seems pretty nice and trust worthy.' I retorted stretching my hand to pick up a pillow from an end of the bed and shoving it under my scull.

'The last time I checked, you aren't exactly the perfect judge of that word, 'TRUST'. You trust virtually everyone and every thing.' He literally murmured that but I still heard him anyway.

'I am 100% sure this time anyway, that's not the point here, if you have any message for Ehi you can tell me and I would deliver it to her.' I said turning sideway to stare at David who was trying to remove his shoe.

'It isn't exactly a message, I need her help with something.' He said wrapping his arms under his head as he lay beside me, staring at the ceiling.

'Okay. Why don't you tell me, let's see if I can help.' I whispered wrapping my arms around him as I roll onto him.

'I have an unedited article to upload on the company website. The article is due tomorrow and I haven't edited yet and I am so tired.' He said that while his eyes were on me the whole time.

'And why do you think only Ehi could help you with that? The first person that should have come to your mind when you thought of that should be me.' I batted my eyelids to highlight how odd his statement was.

'Of course. You came to my mind first but I don't know, you didn't want to have anything to do with the company and I didn't want to force you. So I opted for Ehi instead.' His explanation was plausible. He was just being considerate.

'How about I help you with it this time? I don't want you stressing yourself either.' I said while letting my fingers rub against the hair on his face.

'Well, I guess that's fine then.' He said and propped himself back into a sitting position. Unlocking his case and fishing out a medium sized laptop. He type in his password and handed me the laptop just after fitting the MODEM into the appropriate port.

'It is under my profile draft and all you have to do is edit and upload.' He instructed as he slowly unbuttoned his shirt.

I was on the web browser and the company page was staring at me in the face.

Something else was also staring at me in the face.

It was a familiar face. A very familiar one and I could feel my heart thump at my chest at a reality I didn't want to believe.

'David, who is this?' I asked, my eyes still fixed on the PC's screen.

David took a peep at the screen from where he sat in his underwear.

'That's your brother, Peter.' He said and I could tell he was gazing at me.

I knew it was him.

I just needed a confirmation.

Only the CEO has his/her picture on the front page.

It had been my dad's picture all this while and I never knew it had been changed.

Until I logged on to the website now and I saw a different picture.

A different person, obviously the new CEO. My half brother.

And more weirdly, my friend's boyfriend, 'Frederick'.

There was no greater backstabbing.

5 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by abubakarbabang7(m): 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
Fiyah this can't get any better than it is now please don't fo come nd continue updating plsssssssssss

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Qasaforlife(f): 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ghen ghen !!! this will definitely cause a rift in Ehi and Rhoda's friendship. Anyways some things are unavoidable. What do I know. Nice story @op,you are indeed creative. kudos!!!

3 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by datjohn(m): 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
fiyah:

how much I have missed you bro!

it's so good to have you back. just like old times

Awww... thanx so very much.
U got me like... cool cool

Acknowledge being a bit busier tho but I always follow. Gosh! I can't dare miss a work of a Laureate.

Ur Masterpiece's always d best there is. Always amazing right from old times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Rhayne(f): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
The backstabber has been backstabbed by another backstabber. I really hope their friendship survives. Fiyah, go girl!

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Chommieblaq(f): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
Qasaforlife:
Ghen ghen !!! this will definitely cause a rift in Ehi and Rhoda's friendship. Anyways some things are unavoidable. What do I know. Nice story @op,you are indeed creative. kudos!!!

It's just a case of misunderstanding.
Ehi is not seeing Peter yet and Rhoda didn't mention the wedding because of what Ehi was passing through, couple with David postponing the wedding indefinitely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Dranoid: 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
Rhayne:
The backstabber has been backstabbed by another backstabber. I really hope their friendship survives. Fiyah, go girl!
OK, I've seen some really cool names/monikers, but yours makes it to like no.2 on my list

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Dranoid: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
Fiyah this story is wonderful, I've been a ghost follower all the way from silent seduction and this story again proves why you are one of the best writers on NL

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control / Delayed Diagnosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.