Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

What Happens When People Die? (find Out) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens When People Die? (find Out) (16964 Views)

There Is No Heaven Or Hell. This Is What Happens When We Die (Images & Videos) / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / What Happens When You Keep Sinning And Never Want To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Lexusgs430: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2017
princetom1:

Hell? No o, nothing like that, if there is, i should still be there suffering, according to Op

So we still yet to discover ......
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by xtremeTall(m): 10:56am On Sep 03, 2017
undecided undecidedi dont wanna die
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 03, 2017
Billyonaire:
I do not like your heaven, neither do I like your Hell. Is there no other place I can go to ?

Are you saying I longer have a choice ?

This is how religions break down after selling lies. Which planet is hell or heaven ? Which solar system ? I need the addresses make I go check them out and see if I will like it there when I die.

Crazy zombies, just believe everything because it is written in a hard cover book. Yet they ignore their common-sense. Look at the sky, the sun is your way out of this dimension. It is the gate way, if something is not given time-space contour in a time-space matrix, then it is a lie.

Excuse me sir, it's been long I saw your thread . I look forward to it.
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by saintdeby(m): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2017
Die first and tell us what happened
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by uzohrome(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2017
Am a Christian but heaven or hell is pure scam. The price of sin is the law of karma that's all. If you do evil u will pay for it either in your present today world or when you died to another realm, your second coming (reincarnation) you will still pay for it. The universe is in perfect balance and you can't hack or cheat the universe.
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by kalu61(m): 11:09am On Sep 03, 2017
iDROID:
Make una dey decieve yourselves. There is no life after day. Instead of bothering ourselves with what comes after death we should instead focus on making our lives enjoyable. The journey is what matters. grin
What makes life enjoyable.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 03, 2017
IwantToShashe:

Excuse me sir, it's been long I saw your thread . I look forward to it.

I am sorry sir, I do not know if the world is ready for the discoveries that I have made. It will make you stop surviving and start living.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by imagrg(m): 11:14am On Sep 03, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

https://christiscoming777.com/2017/08/20/what-happens-when-people-die/
The soul of the REAL MAN lives forever and continues in its circle of refined reincarnation. By real man I mean one who is still being guided by his GOD GIVEN CONSCIENCE. Many have lost this presence of God in them and are given to the lures of materialism which is the devil's strategy to win the soul of even the most pious man to its side. Yes, many now trade their souls for material acquisition and power which are the paraphernalia with which the devil attracts man to its side. Many have fallen prey to this design; even most pastor have become worshippers of money rather than of God. They rob God through the mismanagement and diversion of church fund to meet their selfish ends.
Repent therefore all ye that are guilty of this and come back to God - your creator!
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2017
Billyonaire:

I am sorry sir, I do not know if the world is ready for the discoveries that I have made. It will make you stop surviving and start living.

Why do you feel the world isn't ready to hear from you. Many are thirsty for whatever that has to do with knowledge. If you feel you have awoken, then it's your duty to wake others up. Together we'll make the world a better place. cool smiley
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2017
IwantToShashe:

Why do you feel the world isn't ready to hear from you. Many are thirsty for whatever that has to do with knowledge. If you feel you have awoken, then it's your duty to wake others up. Together we'll make the world a better place. cool smiley

I am scared of being called crazy. Many people on this forum think I need psychiatric test, and I decided to keep my mouth shut, may be I do need psychiatric test, may be I am not supposed to know but I choose to know, but I try not to share for the fear of being called names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 03, 2017
Death is inevitable.
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by nathan5050(m): 11:30am On Sep 03, 2017
vaxx:
what happen to you in the year 1632. if you can remember, that is exactly what will happen to you after you die .
brilliaint logic! You see, many people have chosen to believe message of hate and anguish and doom all in the name of religion. With regards to the condition of the dead, Ecc 9:5 gives a simple explanation of the condition of the dead.
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 03, 2017
Billyonaire:

I am scared of being called crazy. Many people on this forum think I need psychiatric test, and I decided to keep my mouth shut, may be I do need psychiatric test, may be I am not supposed to know but I choose to know, but I try not to share for the fear of being called names.

Sir, just like Gregory Mendel, Ignaz semmelweis, Albert Einstein, Ludwig Boltzman and other great scientists and scholars, the people at that time thought and called them crazy because they could not understand them, Being called crazy should serve as more motivation to do what you do, so as to prove them wrong. I admire the way you think and how you view life. I look forward to your educative and eye opening threads sir.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by 989900: 11:42am On Sep 03, 2017
You sleep!
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2017
IwantToShashe:

Sir, just like Gregory Mendel, Ignaz semmelweis, Albert Einstein, Ludwig Boltzman and other great scientists and scholars, the people at that time thought and called them crazy because they could not understand them, Being called crazy should serve as more motivation to do what you do, so as to prove them wrong. I admire the way you think and how you view life. I look forward to your educative and eye opening threads sir.

Thanks, I will start the threads again soon, there are flood of information that the world needs to know. The planet is going through a difficult phase that will transition Human beings from Homo Sapiens to Homo Norvus and billions of people are unaware and unprepared for the cataclysms that the planet is going through. Religions and Politics are just dividing the human race and we have ignored or are even oblivious of why we came to earth. We are chasing food, more shelter, clothings and ignoring the very simple common-sensical questions like;

(1) Why are we on Earth ?
(2) Why was I born into a particular family, in a particular language ?
(3) What is language and what is its significance in materialization of desires ?
(4) What about wave - particulate nature of air ?
(5) Why is blood the carrier of consciousness ?
(6) Why is role of orgasm in sex and if a soul conceived via orgasm is different from soul conceived out of in-orgasmic sex are different in solar vibrations ?

(7) The nature of plasma and the engineering behind construction of the human mind, soul and spirit
(8 ) The plasma machines and inter-dimensional properties that makes them invisible to 3D eyes of robotic man.
(9) Exploring sleep and out of body experience
(10) The paradigm of Death and our place in the Extra-terrestrial dimensions

These and many more questions will render our useless wars, creation of borders and selfish acquisitions of material belongings that will not be useful after the next 100yrs in total negligence of other species of animals and humans. As well as Humans as energy resource of other higher entities in the Cosmic Ecosystem.

And how to step out of the matrix and see the Gods behind the scenes of the holographic universe.

When you explore these options and come to answer those 10 and more questions, your life will never be the same again. You will stop surviving and start living the life you came here to explore and gather as much experiences as possible and datastream is constantly being transmitted to the cosmic mind for greater evolution of the universe.

I got to stop here so I do not derail this wonderful thread.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Leopantro: 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
CONFUSION IN THE CEMETERY

Of the most important subjects in life is to understand what happens when it’s over.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of confusion about death, inside and outside the church,
which makes it very diffcult for the average
person to understand such a vital subject.
Perhaps the greatest understatement ever
would be to say that death is unpleasant. In
our culture, when people die, we quickly cover them up and whisk them away. We don’t
want to think about death, especially when it
comes to those we love and ourselves. But the
topic must be faced, not only for the practical
reason that we’re all touched by it eventually,
but because understanding the truth about
death is actually good news if you have
everlasting life.
It’s not hard to see why people are so
confused about what happens when we die.
Even the many and varied tombstones at
graveyards reveal this state of confusion. For
example, one tombstone might read, “Father
is sleeping now in the arms of Jesus, waiting
for the resurrection trumpet.” But a few
tombstones over, one reads, “Mother is now
singing on golden streets with the angels.”
So which is it? Are the dead sleeping,
waiting for the resurrection, or are they alive
somewhere? If so, what are they doing? There
is a debate about the afterlife, even among
good and honest Christians. This brief study
on death will help you see what the most
important document in human history —the
Holy Bible —really says about the subject.
Life and the Human Soul
Before we can understand what happens
at death, we need to understand the basics
of how life happened. The Bible tells us that
when God made Adam in the garden of Eden,
the man became a living soul. “The Lord God
formed man of the dust of the ground, andbreathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul” (Genesis 2:7).
Notice it doesn’t say that God “gave man
a soul,” but rather, “man became a living
soul.” The dust from the ground (the body),
combined with the vital breath of life from
God, produced a soul.
When someone dies, it is creation in
reverse. “Then shall the dust return to the
earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto
God who gave it” (Ecclesiastes 12:7). The spirit
that returns to God at death is the energizing
breath of life given by God in Genesis 2:7.
“All the while my breath is in me, and the
spirit of God is in my nostrils” (Job 27:3). Here
Job is talking about “the breath of life” mentioned in Genesis 2:7. In fact, it’s the very same
Hebrew word in both passages. At death, the
body returns to dust, the breath of life returns
to God, and the human soul ceases to exist.
An Eternal Reward—the Afterlife
Nobody is suffering in hellfre today, and
the vast majority of people who have died
are not in heaven. This might shock you, but
it’s exactly what the
Bible teaches.
“Behold, I come
quickly; and my
reward is with me,
to give every man
according as his work
shall be” (Revelation22:12). Everyone gets his or her reward when
Jesus returns. It’s important to understand
this because Jesus hasn’t returned, has He?
Judgment Day is still in the future.
“So man lies down
and does not rise. Till the
heavens are no more” (Job
14:12 NKJV). The dead
do “not rise” from the
grave until the heavens are
no more. When will the
heavens be no more? “The
day of the Lord will come
… in which the heavens
will pass away” (2 Peter
3:10 NKJV). The heavens
pass away on the day of the Lord, when Jesus
returns to the earth. Until then, the dead do
“not rise” from the grave.
But aren’t there people in heaven now?
Yes. A few. They are the exceptions. The
Gospels tell the story of the transfguration,
when Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus on
the mountaintop. They
were real and in the
flesh. Jesus spoke
with them; the
apostles saw
them. They
had come from
heaven to offer
encouragementJesus. But how did they get to heaven?
In 2 Kings 2:11, the Bible tells us that Elijah
was caught up to heaven in a fery chariot.
Elijah went to heaven, even though he didn’t
die. Moses died frst, but the
Lord raised him up and took
him to heaven (Jude 9).
In Matthew 27, during the
time when Christ died on
the cross, there was a strong
earthquake, and many of
the graves around Jerusalem
opened up. Many of the saints
who had died—patriarchs
and prophets who lived prior
to the time of Christ—were
raised in a special resurrection. It doesn’t name
names, so we don’t know who they were. But
the Bible says they came out of the graves after
His resurrection and went into the holy city
where they appeared to many.1 At the ascension
of Christ, they ascended with Him.2 These
resurrected humans were what the Bible calls
the frst fruits of Jesus’ successful mission.
Empty Cemeteries
When you go to the cemetery, does
it ever make you feel creepy?
Especially around sundown, are
you afraid that some ghost is going
to lunge out from the grave and grab
your ankle? We’ve been trained in our
culture to think that the dead aren’t
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Leopantro: 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
CONFUSION IN THE CEMETERY 2
Jesus. But how did they get to heaven? In 2 Kings 2:11, the Bible tells us that Elijah was caught up to heaven in a fery chariot. Elijah went to heaven, even though he didn’t die. Moses died frst, but the Lord raised him up and took him to heaven (Jude 9). In Matthew 27, during the time when Christ died on the cross, there was a strong earthquake, and many of the graves around Jerusalem opened up. Many of the saints who had died—patriarchs and prophets who lived prior to the time of Christ—were raised in a special resurrection. It doesn’t name names, so we don’t know who they were. But the Bible says they came out of the graves after His resurrection and went into the holy city where they appeared to many.1 At the ascension of Christ, they ascended with Him.2 These resurrected humans were what the Bible calls the frst fruits of Jesus’ successful mission. Empty Cemeteries When you go to the cemetery, does it ever make you feel creepy? Especially around sundown, are you afraid that some ghost is going to lunge out from the grave and grab your ankle? We’ve been trained in our culture to think that the dead aren’treally dead. But the Bible teaches the dead don’t come back. They can’t communicate. They certainly don’t haunt cemeteries! Have you ever gone to bed and woken up, thinking you had only slept a short while, then you peek at the clock to discover it was hours longer than you thought? You have no awareness of time in sleep. That’s how the Bible describes the sleep of death. For the saved and the lost, it’s the same. “Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death” (Psalms 13:3). Death is called “sleep” over and over again in the Bible, in both the Old and New Testaments. Jesus clearly referred to death as “sleep” when speaking about Lazarus. “Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep” (John 11:11). The apostles took Jesus literally, so Jesus clarifed for them that Lazarus was, indeed, dead. It took Jesus four days to get to Lazarus’ tomb. Lazarus’ body was decomposing, turning back into dust. Martha was even afraid ofthe stench of an open tomb. They reluctantly rolled away the stone, and Jesus cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” That’s what Lazarus did. I believe Jesus allowed Lazarus to be in the grave for four days so there would be no doubt that Lazarus was very dead. Some skeptics suggest that other resurrections in the Bible were probably due to coma, arguing the people weren’t really dead yet. But Lazarus had been embalmed and wrapped up. If he had been alive, he would surely have suffocated to death! The stench of his decomposing body wafted out of the open tomb and gagged them. But Lazarus came out alive at Jesus’ command. If that happened today, FoxNews and CNN would have called Lazarus for an interview. What do you think would have been their frst questions? What happened? What did you see? What did you do? Who’d you meet? What was it like to be dead? Despite the fact that this is one of the most public miracles of Jesus, and all theGospel writers knew about it, we fnd nothing regarding Lazarus commenting on his experience. Lazarus has the answer to the biggest question in history! But there’s no comment. Why? Jesus tells us Lazarus was asleep. Lazarus had a fever, he was sick, he lost consciousness, and eventually he died. He didn’t know anything until, all of a sudden, he woke up feeling great, wrapped up in something like perfumed frst-aid bandages. He didn’t know what was going on. He was hearing Jesus call him. That’s all he knew. He stumbled to his feet and shuffled to the shiny entrance. To him it was like waking up from a nap. Some believe that while the body might perish, the soul remains conscious. But the Bible tells us in Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, “For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and theirhatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.” Talking to the Dead Paul, to the Thessalonians, writes about death, “I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep” (4:13). Paul wants you to understand the truth about death because not understanding this opens you up to deception in the last days. In fact, there are several prominent television programs that feature folks who allegedly talk to or “channel” the dead. Some of them reveal things only loved ones would know. According to the Bible, it’s not dead people. It is either trickery or Satan’s minions. They know a lot about us, even our secrets. They can use these bits of knowledge to trick you into thinking you’re talking to your dead loved one. I miss my brother Falcon and would love to talk to him. But I can’t. He’s dead. If anyone appears to me with red hair and freckles claiming to be my brother, as much as I miss him, I know from the Bible it’s not mybrother. Either my mind is playing tricks on me or it’s the devil. There are hundreds of scriptures on the subject of death, so how can the church be so confused on this topic? How has the devil been able to bamboozle Christians? Why has he bothered to put so much energy into deceiving the church on this subject? Because he’s going to use it to his advantage before Jesus comes again! “In the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils” (1 Timothy 4:1).

The above was copied from AMAZING FACTS OCT/NOV/DEC 2012
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by hermosa7: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Beautiful! No error whatsoever! I love this write-up! This is what I believe and this is what I live for.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by fungle(m): 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]i think come to it this way. why is it that the only thing we christians think that is worthy of all the energy and talent God has given us is aid us to come back to him again. What would u think of a child u spent a lot of resources, time and energy, not to talk of al the love u poured out into him or her to grow up and then just when u think he has gone out to the world to conquer. he comes right back to again empty of any trophies whatsoever, just that he supposeddly brought himself back to u . not having used anything of the arsenal u equiped for him. we have been sent here to experience here, to conquer here, and go back from whence we came victors in various ways.if ur only goal in the plane is to go back to ur father then i think u will have a very dissapointed father indeed.
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by kennyblack94: 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

People cease to exist like god and jesus when they die.. .When "God" is inserted as the Protagonist,human responsibility is often thwarted.When the "Devil" is inserted as the Antagonist,human accountability is derailed. It isn't until humanity precisely Africans realizes that we are our own saviors that we will understand the long-term benefits of benevolence, empathy,compassion, and solidarity...
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by stevecantrell: 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2017
Billyonaire:

forget the world.

Im always ready.
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by CAPSLOCKED: 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2017
Wilgrea7:
this is Christianity's view.. other religions have their own views too

WHICH ARE IN ALL CASES, TOTALLY IRRELEVANT.
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by tete7000(m): 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Nobody knows....... Not unless you know someone that has returned to planet earth, after passing over.....

The one that came from above, Jesus knows. Hear him:Jesus said to them, “If God really were your Father, you would love me, because I came from God and now I am here. I did not come on my own authority, but he sent me. John 8:42. He died and resurrected and as such can tell you something about afterlife.
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by imustsaymymindo: 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2017
No one knows, bro. But, why worry about that? Enjoy your life while it lasts.
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Lexusgs430: 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
tete7000:

The one that came from above, Jesus knows. Hear him:Jesus said to them, “If God really were your Father, you would love me, because I came from God and now I am here. I did not come on my own authority, but he sent me. John 8:42. He died and resurrected and as such can tell you something about afterlife.

We are saying the same thing....... Show me a returnee from afterlife or someone deported back, from this afterlife .....
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by davididado: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
this will help

go to livingwordmedia.org

download questions on death
thank me later
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by knightsTempler: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2017
You are your brain. Once your brain stops receiving oxygen, it ceases to function. It decays and the energies trapped in ur body are scattered into the cosmos. Energy is neither created nor destroyed. It is converted to other forms like chemical energy for the flora and fauna of earth, or heat energy if U're cremated.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Hugo55(m): 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
[quote author=Wilgrea7 post=60081057]

my view is just a belief.. the afterlife can be totally known after death....

the afterlife can be known here and now.
you don't need to die, to know what happens in heaven or know what happened in the life before.
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by Sexina851(f): 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
obisco4u:
But wait oooo.... When Jon Snow came back from the dead he said he saw nothing.
OP have you been back from the dead before

Don't tell me you believe John snow really died?
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by danigbo(m): 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2017
When a man dies there are two ways awaiting either HELL or PARADISE.
Hell is a place of tormented reserved for those who obeyed the devil.
PARADISE ? Is a place of temporary rest for those who died in the Lord.
After the white throne judgement the sinners and those already in HELL will be thrown into HELL FIRE. But the saints who did the will of God will spend their ETERNITY in HEAVEN with the LORD. ..JESUS CHRIST !
Re: What Happens When People Die? (find Out) by SuzieeDee(f): 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

LoL.

Hello? I didn't actually write all this undecided

I liked the message and decided to ask for the permission of the writer to allow me post this on this forum. . . If it's not all copyrighted. Why do you think I included a link to the blogger's site?

So therefore, accept that or not. You end up in hell with your father ( sonoflucifer1 --- like father like child embarassed )
or you end up with my own father in heaven ( Jesus and Jhaytee --- like faither like child too ).

smiley your choice. I've tried my best for you. . . ^_^

No wonder you speak lies. please always try to post the message you read from the Bible and not from what people have posted. If you really read the book of Revelations, you won't have made this post. Take your Bible and read Revelations very well. The Bible made us to understand that there will be a first and second resurrection, the first resurrection is for the saints, those that we killed for Christ sake, those that were persecuted. This set of people will resurrect and live in Heaven for 1000 years while Satan is bounded, chained and sealed up. After the 1000 years there will be the second resurrection where young, old, small, great, rich, poor will all gather and the Book of Life would be opened and they will be judged according to their deeds while they were still on earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture) / Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived / Chop Off Your Hand?! Was Jesus Serious? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.