Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere (25106 Views)

NNPC Reacts As Nigerians Condemn Appointments Of ‘only Northerners’ / Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A / Osinbajo’s Security Team Changed, Guarded By Only Northerners - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by captleonerd(m): 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP Afenifere...The Same group that adopted Jonathan, as presidential Candidate in 2015 grin grin grin grin grin

Gbam!!!
Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by Dillusionist(m): 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2017
they are the ones eating from other regions so they oppose any force that tends to rise against them..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2017
[s]
Blue3k:

Your forgetting one important fact in all this. Arewa Youth and ND militants both issuesd tribal quit notices. The government didn't arrest either group and decided to go after Kanu only. The government can easily say they are prioritizing who they want to arrest now. The bias factor is their but only as a case of uneven enforcement law.

They have 3 options. Ignore everyone, arrest some (Kanu), go After all of them. Any good media guy can spin the story. Internationally they would probably want even arrested but can force that. They won't arrest him unless courts say he broke bail and don't care to vary his bail conditions.
[/s]

So You mean when the Court that granted him bail revokes it, Federal should look the other side?
Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by Blue3k(m): 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

So You mean when the Court that granted him bail revokes it, Federal should look the other side?

You're being dumb. Did I say federal government shouldn't arrest him? Reread the post from beginning slowly sentence by sentence.

Blue3k:
They won't arrest him unless courts say he broke bail and don't care to vary his bail conditions.

6 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by Eastfield1: 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by kenkike(m): 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
Oga odumakin, this peoples sees this country as their forefathers estate, the blindness upon southern Nigeria must clear!

8 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by abouzaid: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2017
tayebest:

Guy, succession is not the option, no region have ever been better since the said independence! even the North.

Saying Biafra is the solution makes it deluded. Mind you, I don't think you need "Ifa" to tell you that the move is political motivated!
a Yoruba won't call secession "succession". a true Yoruba would recognise Igbo's freedom to seek pursuit of Happiness through every means including secession, a true Yoruba is independent minded and self reliant, He's not a unity beggar.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2017
Blue3k:

Youre being dumb. Did I say federal government shouldn't arrest him? Reread the post from slowly sentence by sentence.

Arent you the dumb one here? Were Arewa Youths on bail like Kanu? Did they pay bond of 300m Naira, with other conditions to be freed?

2 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by tayebest(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2017
[s]
abouzaid:
a Yoruba won't call secession "succession". a true Yoruba would recognise Igbo's freedom to seek pursuit of Happiness through every means including secession, a true Yoruba is independent minded and self reliant, He's not a unity beggar.
[/s]

...so cheap. undecided

And again, did you just say to pursuit happiness? I laugh in Japan. When they are already tearing their self apart!
Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by Blue3k(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Arent you the dumb one here? Were Arewa Youths on bail like Kanu? Did they pay bond of 300m Naira, with other conditions to be freed?

Lol you're doubling down with more dumb comments. Instead of just admitting you messed up by jumping to idiotic conclusions. This sad you went down this pathetic road. The only dumb here has to be you since you reading comprehension non existent. Now you have to shift goal post to save face.

The Arewa youth and ND milltants should be arrested for making terroristic threats and disturbing the peace. In their comments they made threats to expel law abiding citezens from their homes on bigoted ethnic grounds. That's an offense whether you're on bail or not.

10 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by Kazim88: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2017
tayebest:

Am a YORUBA Man!

But believe me Biafra is not the way forward!

They actually no best way forward... But the key is been able to choose and make your own mistake.

because as long as people are not happy to be in Nigeria... Nigeria is just killing herself.

You can't hurt them, you can attack them... the best you could do is beg them.

Southern Cameroon voted to leave Nigeria... Let them vote to leave or stay and face their decision.

15 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
[s]
Blue3k:

Lol youre doubling down on your dumb comment. Instead of just admitting you messed up by jumping to idiotic conclusions. This sad you went down this pathetic road.

The Arewa youth and ND should be arrested for making terroristic threats and disturbing the peace. In tgeir comments the made threats to expel law abiding citezens from their on bigoted ethnic grounds. That's an offense whether you're on bail or not.
[/s]

incoherent rants! Just like your fellow ipob yoots!

good day!
Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by Blue3k(m): 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

incoherent rants! Just like your fellow ipob yoots!

good day!

Wow you really don't have any reading comprehension skills. I guess you really proven yourself a daft person. Even after you shifted goal post to save face from your initial blunder you still lose. Lol dumb girls are only good at emotional rants. It's sad you let pride take you down this pathetic road.

No counter about Arewa And ND militants both being engaged in criminal behavior. You assumed I said Kanu shouldn't be arrested when it wasn't written anywhere. I've said multiple times he's going to jail again. Now I'm IPOB when you can't show where I support them sore loser.

11 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by omohayek: 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
tayebest:
[s][/s]

...so cheap. undecided

And again, did you just say to pursuit happiness? I laugh in Japan. When they are already tearing their self apart!
So what if they are tearing themselves apart? Why is it any of your business? Ta lo ran e ni ise? Ki lo kan e ninu oro won?

You think you have a right to prevent others from making what you consider a mistake, even though I'm sure you would be shouting at the top of your lungs if someone decided to come and tell you how to dress, what to wear, what newspapers to read and so on, even if they were convinced it was for your own good. Your refusal to respect the rights of others to determine their own future makes me suspect you are another "fake Yoruba" northerner who is afraid of what restructuring or outright secession would mean for your access to oil-money, because no thinking Yoruba person would be happy with the current situation where his or her leaders have to beg Abuja to deal with even simple things they could have easily handled on their own.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by bamite(m): 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

To say the truth, you goofed here sha.
Kanu is on bail in the first place because he was arrested for making inciting statements. The same statements the arewa youths made and no body was arrested. Talk about double standards

14 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by tayebest(m): 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2017
omohayek:

So what if they are tearing themselves apart? Why is it any of your business? Ta lo ran e ni ise? Ki lo kan e ninu oro won?

You think you have a right to prevent others from making what you consider a mistake, even though I'm sure you would be shouting at the top of your lungs if someone decided to come and tell you how to dress, what to wear, what newspapers to read and so on, even if they were convinced it was for your own good. Your refusal to respect the rights of others to determine their own future makes me suspect you are another "fake Yoruba" northerner who is afraid of what restructuring or outright secession would mean for your access to oil-money, because no thinking Yoruba person would be happy with the current situation where his or her leaders have to beg Abuja to deal with even simple things they could have easily handled on their own.

Mr. man, because am not support for the secession doesn't mean I did not respect their quest for referendum, But another look at it makes me wonder if it really possible! The senators who are to pass the bill said nothing like Biafra. The "sit at home" and the Anambra election boycott seems not a good move if truly they are fighting for Biafra, it changes nothing.

Yes! Nigeria has never been better since the independence and neither will the referendum bring the good we are hoping for. So, why not sit with the FG and negotiate what they really want? The Niger delta did the same and they are enjoying their self now. Nnamdi kanu should keep his ego and tell the FG what he want for his region.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by spinna: 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by tayebest(m): 4:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

They actually no best way forward... But the key is been able to choose and make your own mistake.

because as long as people are not happy to be in Nigeria... Nigeria is just killing herself.

You can't hurt them, you can attack them... the best you could do is beg them.

Southern Cameroon voted to leave Nigeria... Let them vote to leave or stay and face their decision.

Beg who? why are you making this so important? In as much I believe Nigeria is not in her best state, yet Biafra is not the option.
Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by laliga01: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2017
T
madridguy:
cool

This bastard will remain quite... he is now forming deaf, blind and dumb.
The thunder that will kill you will be approved by IPOB.

13 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by luluman: 4:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
Nbote:
Yet some morons will keep losing slip by opening multiple threads daily jus to make noise nd spite those dey call Igbos and d Kanu guy.. I bet they'll com and deny their own AFENIFERE..
Do you want for everybody to do blind followership? Afenifere may or may not be right on this one, but get one thing straight YORUBAS don't just follow, they find the truth out.Stop being a mumu now.

1 Like

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by TolaniLuv: 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2017
Afenifere!! See... as a Yoruba Christian.. we support one Nigeria or Biafra. I mean anything that will keep us apart from the Fulani's or Hausa I mean Northerners..

I have lived in north! They don't like us, how they think is so different from a normal people I know..

9 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by OsuMmanu1: 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:
Because Yoruba yeroba Christians and Middle Belters have since port to freedom....

Core North are actually on their own. Yet they don't know it.

Fixed

6 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
omohayek:

And how do you know any of these people are actually Yoruba in the first place? Just how difficult do you think it is to open a new Nairaland account and claim to be from any part of the country, the planet or even the galaxy? What's stopping me from saying I am a Zeta Reticulan from Alpha Centauri?

The real people to blame are all the gullible id.iots who ignore the statements of well-known Yoruba politicians, writers and activists in support of restructuring and decentralization, but are quick to seize on statements by individual anonymous commenters or unknown "youth" groups as "proof" of what most Yoruba people must be thinking: you pretend Afenifere, Fayose, Fani-Kayode and Wole Soyinka are only speaking for themselves, but need no convincing that "sarrki" and other anonymous "One Nigeria" diehards were elected by all Yorubas as their legitimate online representatives, even though these people probably aren't even Yoruba to begin with!

There's a term for such thinking: it's called confirmation bias, and it's what you get when raging anti-Yoruba tribalists go out of their way to look for "evidence" to support the prejudices they probably imbibed with their mothers' milk, well before ever even meeting any Yoruba people.

I must admit,this is the first time someone is really writing sense on Nairaland. More wisdom to you bro.

9 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by biafranrealson: 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2017
This youruba man is well learned and has a good sense of judgement. He answered all the questions precisely.

4 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by aragonchuks(m): 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2017
Watch as the invade this thread

4 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by laliga01: 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2017
tayebest:

Guy, succession is not the option, no region have ever been better since the said independence! even the North.

Saying Biafra is the solution makes it deluded. Mind you, I don't think you need "Ifa" to tell you that the move is political motivated!

How sure are you that it's politically motivated?
Have you taking your time to reasons stated issues raised by the agitators why they prefer to be alone?

7 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by Kazim88: 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
tayebest:

Mr. man, because am not support for the secession doesn't mean I did not respect their quest for referendum, But another look at it makes me wonder if it really possible! The senators who are to pass the bill said nothing like Biafra. The "sit at home" and the Anambra election boycott seems not a good move if truly they are fighting for Biafra, it changes nothing.

Yes! Nigeria has never been better since the independence and neither will the referendum bring the good we are hoping for. So, why not sit with the FG and negotiate what they really want? The Niger delta did the same and they are enjoying their self now. Nnamdi kanu should keep his ego and tell the FG what he want for his region.

That your moniker is tayebest does not make you a yoruba.

You are having sleepless night over how biafra referendum would come because you lack foresight.

It is 100% better economically, Socially, Financially to Nigeria for Biafra to go... So Nigeria can have political peace, growth and prosperity.

Nigeria can't suppress them with force or bribe or even death.

Nigeria can't fight them without destroying basic human rights of everybody.... which is not possible.

Arewa youths lacks the mental capacity to with stand provocation..

IPOB are unpredictable yet very intelligent.

Nigeria could negotiate the terms and Conditions.

Nigeria would still collect oil revenue... plus political peace

It's a win win

10 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by Deltagiant: 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
To let them {Arewa youths} be roaming free and even for the minister of interior to be making very lame and unintelligent excuses for them — what kind of country are you building? The boys never said they were misquoted. ~Yinka Odumakin

I have repeated this fact in other threads that there is something pathologically wrong with the intellect of an average Awusa Fulani. I am not surprised to read Yinka reiterating the same finding. Why the British polluted the rest of us with these people is what I can't decipher?

11 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by laliga01: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2017
bamite:
As I've always maintained, even though kanu and the rest of his followers are goats, the way the north is handling this issue is only turning the other regions(SS, SW & MB) against them. With their little education hence little media presence, it is only a matter of time before it's game over for them.

Your Foolishness require sympathy.

3 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by esphil(m): 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2017
Afenifere, you got it all wrong. Yoruba populace including me do 100%
Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by MrIkebuk(m): 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yoruba, like every other tribe, have shortcomings, but I love them. The only people I will probably never love are those murderous apes.

I pray for a united South. A united South is the solution to Nigeria's problems.

7 Likes

Re: Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere by blaqoracle: 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2017
aminulive:
A pan Yoruba socio-cultural group known as Afenifere has weighed in on the recent calls for the re-arrest of the Leader of the Indigenous people of Biafra(IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.

In a recent interview with Punch, the national publicity secretary of the group, Yinka Odumakin implied that only people from the Northern region of the country seek the re-arrest of Kanu.

He said;

To start with, experience has shown that arrest cannot resolve the question of self-determination. Two years ago, who knew Nnamdi Kanu? Maybe he was just on the Internet or Radio Biafra. But when he was arrested and detained for over a year he became popular.

You realise today that when he is addressing crowds in the South-East, thousands gather and follow (him). They (government) made him popular. If they rearrest him, they are going to further popularise him and bring into focus the issues he is fighting for. Why don’t they deal with the issues, solve the nationality question and render his achievements ineffective? His arrest will not resolve the matter. Even if they sentence Kanu to death today, another person will rise — once they refuse to resolve the matter.

On the other hand, when you talk about the rule of law, that lady that symbolises justice is blindfolded. The essence of that is, she is no respecter of persons — she delivers justice to whoever offends the law. But then, you begin to go after Kanu and some people get up in Arewa land to say leave our land. The Kaduna governor says, ‘Go and arrest them.’

The vice president says, ‘Arrest them.’ The minister of interior then says, ‘No, they said they were misquoted.’ The thing the minister said they were misquoted on, they sat with governors from the North to say they were suspending the order (notice to quit given to Igbo in the North), and they were holding a press conference in Sheraton.

In fact, one of the (Arewa) youths, when they were looking for them, said, ‘If I’m declared wanted, I will give myself up.’ Even (for security agents) to invite them for a 30-minute chat and let them go, they didn’t do that. When you refuse to do that, you create problems for the rule of law; you show that there’s a double standard. That is not how to build an inclusive country.

Not that we endorse everything that Kanu is doing, but we are saying in order not to overheat the polity, what we need now is (for the Federal Government) to address the issues that have given rise to agitations. If we begin the process of restructuring this country, the separatist groups will be at bay. But if we don’t address these issues, you’re giving them, added energy.

When asked about Kanu's violation of his bail conditions, Odumakin said;

When you are granted bail, that is not the end of the matter. The bail means you can go home while the case continues. They have a case in court; let them go to the court. It goes beyond the whole question of courts. Kanu has not been put before the court for killing anybody, burning property or doing anything wrong. All they are taking him to court for is for statements they said he made.

Arewa youths made statements that threatened the unity of the country; they (government) said they should be arrested. The police did not arrest them. The minister of interior came out and started making excuses that the youths said they were misquoted.

Why didn’t he say Kanu said he was misquoted? Now, those who are in favour of (Kanu’s) re-arrest are from the same section of the country where the Arewa youths come from. People can begin to draw insinuations that they are quick to ask for Kanu’s re-arrest because he is not from their section of the country, while they are shielding those who are from their section of the country. That’s why I’m talking about inclusiveness. So, it goes beyond taking Kanu to court. It’s on the basis of the same question of what Kanu said that they arrested him in the first place.  Arewa youths made pronouncements that threatened the unity of Nigeria.

To date, the police could not invite them for a chat; (not) even to take them to a five-star hotel and interrogate them over drinks, pepper soup and groundnuts. To let them be roaming free and even for the minister of interior to be making very lame and unintelligent excuses for them — what kind of country are you building? The boys never said they were misquoted.

When they suspended their notice to quit, they repeated everything they said. That minister should have resigned by now. We are not holding the fort for Kanu at all. We are saying if you want to apply the law, you must apply it evenly; not a law for a section and another law for another section. That cannot work. In fact, that will create more problems and give more sympathy to Kanu.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/03/northerners-want-nnamdi-kanu-re-arrested-afenifere/
this man has always been coward from generation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Attends Passing-Out Parade Of NDA Cadets In Kaduna (Pictures) / APC Suspends Maryam Suleiman For Defending El-Rufai Over Kaduna Debt Burden / Cramjones Apologizes For Ben Murray-bruce's Post - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.