Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? (38114 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB In Aba When Jonathan Was In Power (Video) / Throwback Photos Of When Jonathan Gave South-west Obas N50m Each (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Eastfield1: 1:38am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Divide Nigeria today if you can
calm down young man.
we are getting there.
slowly but steady & Sure

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 1:42am On Sep 04, 2017
kikake:

Yoruparasite. One just couldn't read beyond your filthy self-serving first paragraph where you said Biafra is only Igbo affair. Many many nob Igbos gun for restoration of Biafra.

Methinks, these yorupigs believe that the non Igbos in the SS are truly clueless and ogogoro drinkers - separate the non-Igbos of SS from Biafra, it then becomes easier to fcuck the SS in Nigeria, and even impose Islam upon them. Foolish yorupigs with their area boys sense.

Ok do you think your have insulted me enough now or would you like to go again?
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 1:48am On Sep 04, 2017
CzarChris:
Olusegun Aganga was minister for trade under GEJ's government. But that apart, the average igboman is has a can do mentality that pisses other people from other tribes off. There is this Igbo adage that says "someone who is rejected cannot and will not reject himself". That is why the east is what it is today. What prompted me to put up that write-up was the young man's recall of 1967, that to me is totally unacceptable. I believe the over centralization of power is the problem of this country. If we don't retrace our steps the vast non-oil potential of this country will keep lying untapped.

Wole Soyinka said (when stating his support for biafra) and i quote " If you do not confront your past, you are going to mess up your future". When talking about anything biafra, it is necessary to remember 1967 and let that guide us.

Would you be fine if all the southeast got in this administration is the minister for trade?
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by vinlinks: 1:48am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now?

Did the agitators forget what they wanted before?

Did they not want it at the time?

What exactly is the reasonable expectation currently?

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Would it not have been easier to ask Jonathan to do that?

Are we willing to go back to 1967 to make it happen?

I have only one question for you.

Why are the Nigerians always remind Igbos about the civil war ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 1:57am On Sep 04, 2017
vinlinks:

I have only one question for you.

Why are the Nigerians always remind Igbos about the civil war ?

Because you always seem to forget that millions of Nigerians died
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by ocelot2006(m): 2:00am On Sep 04, 2017
jpphilips:

So once igbos are excluded, Nigeria must break up right? You guys are junkies.

First of all, I am not Igbo, and i'm equally not a proponent for secession. That said if you really think that the continued calls for secession will die down under this administration, especially with the continuous marginalization of the Igbos and the administration's own utterances and actions that have equally aided in stoking the flames of this whole mess, then you are dumber than i thought.

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by vinlinks: 2:17am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Because you always seem to forget that millions of Nigerians died
Is it millions of Nigerian or millions of Igbo ?

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by haryomikun(m): 2:29am On Sep 04, 2017
chinoxstock:

Have you experienced war? We all shall die somebody. So if the war wants to come let it come.
Only in a zoo does referendum translate into war. In other nations referendum means referendum but in the zoo referendum means war. Fools!

Let the war come. Nobody is scared of the useless war. Cowards!

Shut up there. Indomie generation kid
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 2:39am On Sep 04, 2017
vinlinks:

Is it millions of Nigerian or millions of Igbo ?

Same thing
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by vinlinks: 2:43am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Same thing
Is not the same thing Igbos are Biafran.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Killurself: 3:02am On Sep 04, 2017
They only bring the matter of biafra if the government was not favor them, you forget that the problem also strong during obasanjo regime and now is buhari. It tactical way of destroying any tribe or people they hate. They look at it that Jonathan tribe always support them and they take his regime as there brother while hate other tribe.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by CzarChris(m): 3:09am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Wole Soyinka said (when stating his support for biafra) and i quote " If you do not confront your past, you are going to mess up your future". When talking about anything biafra, it is necessary to remember 1967 and let that guide us.

Would you be fine if all the southeast got in this administration is the minister for trade?
Remember you asked me to name one yoruba in Jonathan's top 5 and I named one, I could name more if you like, not forgetting that the south west produced president OBJ before then, so there is absolutely no basis for comparison. Remembering the past as a threat is definitely a no no for me. Remembering the past to learn from it is far different from the threatening undertone that statement held.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 04, 2017
Tolexander:
Those sponsoring the agitation for Biafra were busy licking the icing on the national cake in Aso Rock when Jonathan was the president.
no one is sponsoring anything, buhari don't like the Igbo's, during the election period, I made inquiry from my people they said if buhari wins that he will deal with them for not voting for him, we hate buhari and buhari hates us

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by vinlinks: 3:22am On Sep 04, 2017
Killurself:
They only bring the matter of biafra if the government was not favor them, you forget that the problem also strong during obasanjo regime and now is buhari. It tactical way of destroying any tribe or people they hate. They look at it that Jonathan tribe always support them and they take his regime as there brother while hate other tribe.

If you want the Igbos to like you.

Just give them Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by movement32(m): 3:25am On Sep 04, 2017
Nnamdi kanu was there 2015 and early 2014 speaking the minds of his people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 3:31am On Sep 04, 2017
CzarChris:
Remember you asked me to name one yoruba in Jonathan's top 5 and I named one, I could name more if you like, not forgetting that the south west produced president OBJ before then, so there is absolutely no basis for comparison. Remembering the past as a threat is definitely a no no for me. Remembering the past to learn from it is far different from the threatening undertone that statement held.

My point is the marginalization you complained of happened to the the Yoruba people in the previous administrations where none of the top 5-8 people in power was Yoruba. Did we go violent? No. Instead, we spoke through the ballot box. That is what I advise you do instead of calling for division

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by movement32(m): 3:34am On Sep 04, 2017
Killurself:

Hhhhhhh oya o, let's go
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by DrogoG(m): 3:47am On Sep 04, 2017
mazimee:
Jonathan ignored them, but Buhari didn't.
He arrested Kanu, that worsen the whole issue.

Some peaceful IPOB protesters were killed by police under Goodluck, so he didn't ignore them.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by deji17: 3:50am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

So Foreign Minister is not a Minister? What of Labour? What about science and Tech? What of DG Budget Ministry? You are too greedy

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by March1117(m): 3:56am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Okunrin have you also asked yourself why there was more or pronounced Boko Haram activities during GEJ's administration compared to this administration?
I think the truth is we've gotten to the point in this country where we can hardly have total peace. When a Northerner is there, there will be unrest on the other side. When a Southerner is there, there will be unrest in the North. All of these unrest are aimed at discrediting & distracting the person who's at the helm of affairs. It's unfortunate but this is the extent this country has gotten to now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by March1117(m): 4:02am On Sep 04, 2017
vinlinks:

Is not the same thing Igbos are Biafran.

Point of correction!
It is not only the Igbos that make up Biafra. Other tribes and ethnic groups inclusive. Rather it is the fear of an eventual marginalisation that is scaring others away.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by SeanDada1(m): 4:03am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

So my questions are:

My friend there was agitation for Biafra. But Jonathan handled it with care and caution. Incarcerating Nnamdi Kanu after court rulings to release him, made him and his agitation more popular.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Adminisher: 4:13am On Sep 04, 2017
Zceesneh:
no one is sponsoring anything, buhari don't like the Igbo's, during the election period, I made inquiry from my people they said if buhari wins that he will deal with them for not voting for him, we hate buhari and buhari hates us

You have just said it. Igbos expected injury from Buhari. They expected the worst psychologically and got it. The truth is that I don't think Buhari hates Igbos but I am sure you hate him and you psychologically prepared for conflict. How is it possible that a region voted against someone 97% ?. What were you thinking?.It is very sick, very tribal. Yorubaland, Edo and middle belt were 60/40 APC.
Believe me Ibo land is not normal . The future will be very interesting for a people that do business trading with other lands, living in other lands and apparently hate other people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by henryhemon(m): 4:24am On Sep 04, 2017
Kazim88:
@OkunrinMeta
This is were Nigeria is missing it... Oil money could be sought out if only the separation is peaceful...

Why It was low in GEJ... because Buhari and all of you Northerners believe SOLELY in violence..

You all foolishly believe that you can violently end the agitation... even till now...

they are weapon far stronger than violence that is most effective. A weapon that can burn the whole country without a gun shot.

But from Buhari, to Arewa youths to people like you that keep opening Biafran thread per hour ..

people like all that Biafra is given sleepless nights and troubled days (and you can't explain why) are big promoters of biafra ..

the worst is yet to come... the best was to allow biafra go... Biafra should withdraw or suit against Nigeria.. Oil revenue would be share to Nigeria.... that's all... then they would be political peace in Nigeria.

I

Crap you 're saying. In fact you don't know what you 're saying. I'm an igbo man Biafra will never be realised. It's dead n buried,all these ones you people are doing,we know the reason behind it and it's child's play. Nnamdi Kanu will be arrested and no one can do Pim about it.

No one fights government,they kept quiet when Gej was there and creep out now acting as if they care. Biafra isn't good for us,go to the village,brothers will kill themselves over a parcel of land,a place that is landlocked,not economically viable,a place where our best youths and best people don't even want to stay. Unu ko wa akuko ifo.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by vinlinks: 4:28am On Sep 04, 2017
March1117:

Point of correction!
It is not only the Igbos that make up Biafra. Other tribes and ethnic groups inclusive. Rather it is the fear of an eventual marginalisation that is scaring others away.

I didn't say Biafra is for Igbos only, I know other tribes make up Biafra.

Secondly,is not the fear of an eventual marginalization that is scaring them away. Is you the northerner that is making them to be scared by poisoning there mind against Igbos. But now they are wise, they now knows the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by henryhemon(m): 4:29am On Sep 04, 2017
SeanDada1:

My friend there was agitation for Biafra. But Jonathan handled it with care and caution. Incarcerating Nnamdi Kanu after court rulings to release him, made him and his agitation more popular.

Made nothing popular even before the election,there was hate for buhari. You dare not talk about Buhari in our cities,it was just pure hate. I had issues with my family whenever I talk about Buhari being the best option. My people claim they have sense, but it's clear they don't.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by kzubyar(m): 4:29am On Sep 04, 2017
chriskosherbal:
Well all said and done....one thing still hold for me ...I don't want WAR ....war is never a good thing ...NEVER.

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Leo3333: 4:36am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Dont be deceived by him, Igalas, Idomas, Efiks, Ibibio, ijaws, Urhobos, Itshekiris and other groups around Igboland had dissociated themselves from Biafra yet they keep pushing the referendum down their throats as if those groups asked for it.
They only want access to sea and oil

Iwo omo obinrin yi, I hope you won't get cardiac arrest over this Biafra thing.

Just conduct a referendum, and the issue of who has dissociated/associated with Biafra will get naturally resolved.

It beats me why you're willing to spill your blood just to co-habit with a people you despise so much.

I support Biafra jare...hoping it'll spur us to soji ourselves in the Southwest.

Enough of mumuish servitude to the Gambaris abeg.

MODIFIED:

I forgot to add that your opinion here mirrors only that of your family and your paymasters. The Southwest has no problem whatsoever with Biafra, as long as it can be peacefully achieved.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by vinlinks: 4:58am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

My point is the marginalization you complained of happened to the the Yoruba people in the previous administrations where none of the top 5-8 people in power was Yoruba. Did we go violent? No. Instead, we spoke through the ballot box. That is what I advise you do instead of calling for division

Why the Yoruba didn't complain is that, they were the last president of the country as at then, they ruled Nigeria for eight good years so there is no need to complain, because they benefited so such in OBJ regime.

If they complain people will see them as ingrate, and greedy set of people that's why they kept quiet.

Let me ask you a question.

Why is Nigerians always portrays Igbos are the problem of this country instead of the northerners ?

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by okeybarca: 5:01am On Sep 04, 2017
yes. Jonathan is aware but as an educated man he ignored them. but when the illiterate buhari came on board. he think that the use of force can stop it.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by rummmy: 5:08am On Sep 04, 2017
You will die first,is it by force to be together?yet you claim igbos are nigeria problems,why not let your problem go?
Adminisher:

You are unstoppable but Nigeria is indivisible so all I see is bloodshed and misery for your generation. Some of you will waste your entire lives fighting and Nigeria still won't divide .

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nobody: 5:16am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

So my questions are:

Bros how much did they pay u to write this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead / PDP National Headquarters: Where Did The Monies Go To? / Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.