Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? (38168 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB In Aba When Jonathan Was In Power (Video) / Throwback Photos Of When Jonathan Gave South-west Obas N50m Each (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:06am On Sep 04, 2017
Abagworo:
PDP is behind Radio Biafra and IPOB which is purely a party affair trying to create war between Igbos and Nigeria. There's been agitations in the past including MASSOB that still exists but those ones were based more on Igbo interest than PDP interest.

Get ur fact right BRODA, Igbo's I know are not lyk oda tribes

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Abagworo(m): 12:08am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Allow those clowns to be running their mouths

www.dailypost.ng/2012/11/06/500-persons-arrested-biafra-zionist-movement-declares-biafra-republic/

This was in 2012 when Onwuka was arrested with 500 of his members.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

I don't even know wat is wrong wit Nigeria and everybody in it, Ojukwu proposal a confederation, dey refused, all dey want z to remain a parasite, dragging d ever progressive Igbo's backward
Only in Nigeria, that president of the country refusing to equipped medical facilities, education institutions, not even 5 hours power supplies in a day yet extorting money from citizens for no satisfactory services.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:10am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

Get ur fact right BRODA, Igbo's I know are not lyk oda tribes
How are we different from others because I'm not understanding

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by biafranrealson: 12:11am On Sep 04, 2017
because jonathan government was an all inclusive one. rule of law observed, federal character followed strictly, no recession, no loss of job, every hands was on deck hence no time for demonstration.But buhari came with 97 to 7% theory in every thing and you can see where we are today.For we biafrans, no going back

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:12am On Sep 04, 2017
Abagworo:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/didnt-kill-policeman-says-onwuka-freed-pro-biafra-leader/

For those trying to claim it was because of Kanu's arrest they seem to have forgotten that Jonathan equally arrested Barrister Onwuka and his members whom he even stripped unclad in ridicule of Igbos. Onwuka was released by Buhari Government.
Allow those clowns to be running their mouths

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 12:14am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

You totally ignored d question. hweva nobody z calling for violence or war.

Nelson Mandela ended apartheid in South Africa without killing anybody, Martin King Jr ended segregation in America wit no violence, why z Africa always afraid of change

Dis is 21 century for crying out loud, everything z not abt war or violence n Nnamdi Kalu n IPOB has kept to dat since dey started.

Again do u fink Biafra z abt self interest It is an ideology, a way of lyf dat can never be kill. Wat happened wen Radio Biafra was jammed wat happened wen Nnamdi Kalu was arrested Biafra can't be stopped by brodaly

I stand corrected. But your leader must then stop saying things like "the country would burn" as that may be seen as inciting people to violence and give the government grounds to arrest him. It is a crime to incite people to take up arms against others

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Jelal0007(m): 12:14am On Sep 04, 2017
UnclePati:
We called for Biafra during Jonathan only dat..u didn't hear is loud......

Buhari made u hear us wen he arrested Nnamdi....he increased the volume of the home theatre and the whole world heard us.

Now we are unstoppable
Yeah, your stupid!ty is unstoppable.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:15am On Sep 04, 2017
Jolar101:

Only in Nigeria, that president of the country refusing to equipped medical facilities, education institutions, not even 5 hours power supplies in a day yet extorting money from citizens for no satisfactory services.

Buhari is d worst ting dat happens to Nigeria, I remembered vividly dose years he was crying becus he lost in d presidential election n I said to mysef, dis guy is d real tin, a man dat has Nigeria n Nigerians close to his heart n will all clamoured, worked tirelessly to elect him as our leader, but jux look at d deep mess in are cus we followed emotions n not ration

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by CzarChris(m): 12:20am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now?

Did the agitators forget what they wanted before?

Did they not want it at the time?

What exactly is the reasonable expectation currently?

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Would it not have been easier to ask Jonathan to do that?

Are we willing to go back to 1967 to make it happen?

You had my undivided attention on your write up, until you played the 1967 card.
I am an igboman and I have always seen the biafran agitation as a waste of time, because it's way too late in the day to divide Nigeria now. In my opinion these are the reasons for the current upsurge in the call for Biafra.

1) Jonathan ignored the biafran agitators and in his actions as president he included all parts of the country in his appointments(much to the chagrin of the northern oligarchy) that alone spoke volumes in calming down the polity, unlike our current president who through his actions and inactions sidelined a particular section of the country and his 5% comment only added more fuel to the fire of marginalisation burning in the east. His arrest of Kanu only made the young man more popular.

Never play that 1967 card again, because lightening never strikes the same spot twice.

Agreed we have huge unexploited oil fields in the east, why haven't the government encouraged exploitation? It's simply to get a strangle hold of Eastern economy and deprive us of the accruing benefits. All the seaports close to the east have been killed to suppress the igboman and make him go to faraway lagos to get his goods. Why did the North and West go crazy when Jonathan made Enugu airport an international airport or when he started building a deep seaport in Ibaka, Akwa Ibom? Why is Tinapa free trade zone comatose till this day? Don't get me started on the much publicised gift of £20 to every igboman no matter the amount you had in the bank prior to the Nigerian Biafran civil war. But the west and the north still can't phantom how the igboman can still rise and flourish with all the obstacles your likes put in our path. Owerri, Awka, Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Umuahia where razed to the ground during the civil war, but I make bold to claim that no other path of this nation is as developed (apart from Lagos and Abuja) as these places I mentioned. Never in the history of Africa has a group of people contributed to build an airport not to talk of an international cargo airport, but Imo airport was born through self help contributions, donations and taxes, but the government out of fear reduced it to an airport. I believe it was Prof. Wole Soyinka that said that "it is only an Igboman that can squeeze water out of a stone". We build our own roads, provide our own water what has this contraption called Nigeria done for the East?
I believe in one Nigeria, but never see the gentle strides of Lion as a sign of weakness. Oil is the thin thread holding this country together, let's hope that by 2035-2040 when oil will become obsolete that that thread won't break.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:21am On Sep 04, 2017
Jolar101:

Too bad and I can painfully remember how we had 24 hrs power some 5 years ago, every home had water supply, all roads were standard, all hospitals were world standand etc. Go sleep abeg

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:21am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

I stand corrected. But your leader must then stop saying things like "the country would burn" as that may be seen as inciting people to violence and give the government grounds to arrest him. It is a crime to incite people to take up arms against others

In Law, dere z wat we called "Actus Reus and Men's Rea". Did Nnamdi Kalu used harsh n unacceptable words Yes. Did any Igbo man or IPOB ever carried out wat he said No. Has Nigeria born No.

All dis are provocations and said at d heat of tinx, datz hw he feel becus tinx are not working fine..

Bro we are more Dan 50 years without any hope or future, if u were in his shoes, u would hv said more

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by djvyruz(m): 12:24am On Sep 04, 2017
Igbos have been talking about the Nigerian Government marginalizing them.i wanna ask where is all the allocation given to them by the past governments.in as much i hate the present government but i also think Nnamdi Kanu and the igbos in general are channeling their fight and strength to the wrong point.Hold your past leaders and make them return all your money...For example check out Abia state...the were one of the highest state to get to get allocations just like Akwa Ibom state but do uoi see Akwa ibom people wasting their time going to the street protesting,destroying things and attracting problems to themselves.Do you see cross riverians protesting and destroying things? Your past leaders are the ones responsible for you guys present state of undevelopnment.lets stop all this madness and sit down and reason for onve..How do you expect us to go forword when we vote in our ancestors into power everytime.van't we learn from China,Japn,North and south Korea...We should shun tribalism and strengthen this nation and make it safe and peaceful for us to live.i

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 12:25am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

In Law, dere z wat we called "Actus Reus and Men's Rea". Did Nnamdi Kalu used harsh n unacceptable words Yes. Did any Igbo man or IPOB ever carried out wat he said No. Has Nigeria born No.

All dis are provocations and said at d heat of tinx, datz hw he feel becus tinx are not working fine..

Bro we are more Dan 50 years without any hope or future, if u were in his shoes, u would hv said more

I am in his shoes, We are all Nigerians.

There were reports he used much harsher words on radio before his arrest. It appears you know more about the law than I do.

Is it not a crime if I go on radio and start saying Yoruba people should kill anyone from a particular place.

Or were the reports wrong and he never said any of those things?
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Vutseck(m): 12:27am On Sep 04, 2017
Tolexander:
Those sponsoring the agitation for Biafra were busy licking the icing on the national cake in Aso Rock when Jonathan was the president.

you're actually wrong

Biafra is being sponsored by Igbo unions in diaspora

there is certain amount that is being remitted from different countries every month for the sponsorship

these among the reasons he cannot be compromised cus lots of funds are flowing in from different countries

the moment he slows down in the agitation the funds will seize flowing
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:29am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

I guess you were in Mars when Nnamdi kanu incited IPOB miscreants to disrupt Pastor Kumuyi's crusade in Aba years ago and they did even those miscreants came on nairaland and proudly telling the world how they damaged cars with deeper life banners and other things and the crusade had to be shifted.
It will still be used against him for incitement oga lawyer

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:30am On Sep 04, 2017
Vutseck:

you're actually wrong

there is certain amount that is being remitted from different countries every month for the sponsorship

these among the reasons he cannot be compromised cus lots of funds are flowing in from different countries

You are wrong also, Biafra is not abt any selfish interest or money, Biafra is an ideology, it is a way of lyf and dere z no going back

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:31am On Sep 04, 2017
Vutseck:

you're actually wrong

Chopping the money things, we understand anyway

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Zulu212: 12:31am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

Seriously deir actions n inactions always piss me off, Biafra dis, Igbo dat, it is really annoying.

the nation is gripped in fear.....from North to West..Biafra has com to stay..Am only glad it will happen in my life time..cos our fore fathers saw this Fulani/Yoruba scam nd gladly went to war even with matchets

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:34am On Sep 04, 2017
Zulu212:
the nation is gripped in fear.....from North to West..Biafra has com to stay..Am only glad it will happen in my life time..cos our fore fathers saw this Fulani/Yoruba scam nd gladly went to war even with matchets

To be sincere wit u, dere z dis kind of joy dat Biafra, IPOB and Nnamdi Kalu gives me weneva I remembered dem, is unexplainable

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:35am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

I am in his shoes, We are all Nigerians.

There were reports he used much harsher words on radio before his arrest. It appears you know more about the law than I do.

Is it not a crime if I go on radio and start saying Yoruba people should kill anyone from a particular place.

Or were the reports wrong and he never said any of those things?
He might know law, his grammar though but he doesn't know what happened and when it happened.
Search nairaland for the thread some years back
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:36am On Sep 04, 2017
Zulu212:
It is igbos in the North that are scared and nobody else

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Zulu212: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

To be sincere wit u, dere z dis kind of joy dat Biafra, IPOB and Nnamdi Kalu gives me weneva I remembered dem, is unexplainable
cheesy grin grin they 'll soon tell us to go....Nd give us only 10 yrs we 'll over take Africa in everything...that am sure..Nd the wise enemies in aso rock dem know too,

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nightwolf1: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2017
I'm late to the party sad

I have seen one miscreant already cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:39am On Sep 04, 2017
Nightwolf1:
I'm late to the party sad
I have seen one miscreant already cheesy
Your nightmare

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nightwolf1: 12:41am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
It is igbos in the North that are scared and nobody else

How did u come about this judgement? What criterion was used? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:42am On Sep 04, 2017
Nightwolf1:

How did u come about this judgement? What criterion was used? grin
You know na, you no dey take eye see me
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:42am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
He might know law, his grammar though but he doesn't know what happened and when it happened.
Search nairaland for the thread some years back

My friend we are not in d courtroom or in any official gathering, so don't expect me to use words dat u n odas can't comprehend. Hweva d main purpose of language is communication, once u understood d message am trying to pass through, dat purpose is achieved..

Datz why I detest you guys some much always resorting to personal abuse n looking for tinx where dey are not

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nightwolf1: 12:43am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Your nightmare

U are a cakewalk as opponent on matters arising. grin
This morning sign ur death warrant

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now?

Did the agitators forget what they wanted before?

Did they not want it at the time?

What exactly is the reasonable expectation currently?

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Would it not have been easier to ask Jonathan to do that?

Are we willing to go back to 1967 to make it happen?

Because Jonathan was keeping their mouth sealed with money?

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nightwolf1: 12:45am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
You know na, you no dey take eye see me

I know what? I said how did u come about that judgement. Simple question. No room for lame talks
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Vutseck(m): 12:45am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Chopping the money things, we understand anyway

with merit of course

after spending years in prison and still standing on the cause he believes in

can you muster the courage to dare the FG...we know your answer.. NO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Fayose Speaks On Adeyeye’s Defection To APC / Buhari Appoints Mele Kyari As NNPC GMD / Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.