Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick (30046 Views)

President, Governors, Senators, Others Risk 3-Year Jail Term / Presidential/ NASS Polls: We’re Disappointed, Afenifere, PANDEF, Others Fume / 2019: 15 Governors, 80 Senators, Others Set To Battle Buhari- NewTelegraphOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by mightyhazell: 11:27am On Sep 04, 2017
Alcatraz005:

The votes of the South south and South east are not enough to vote him out of power. You need the votes of the South West you hate so much so how would you chase Buhari out of power?

but sw votes are enough to install ds calamity eh?

3 Likes

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by MaryKaku007(m): 11:29am On Sep 04, 2017
bamite:
grin

Sarrki what is your take on this?

You don't notice he doesn't comment on issues like this, but shows his illiteracy on IPOB issues! I have told his severally, he will never find Truth when he desires it most. Am not an Igbo, but I stand for the truth in this Failed state called Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Eazybay(m): 11:36am On Sep 04, 2017
9jakohai:
Here is my take on the appointments.

1.My own is that 'Are the men qualified for the job they have been appointed for'? Because it seems to me that most people seem to equate being a Southerner with being educated and qualifed, while a Northerner is viewed as 'an inefficient quota appointee'. If the rationale for opposition to the men's appointment is tribe, and not qualificaiton for the job, then that is just plain bigotry.

2.ON the other hand, there is a reason why we have Federal Character laws in this country, and if the appointments violate federal character laws, the men must be removed.

3.And why are we Southerners grumbling? How many people have benefited from appointments made to NNPC when SOutherners held the top jobs? How many Northerners would benefit from the jobs given to these guys. Has the North benefited much from these appointments. As far as I know, the North would still be broke when these guys leave the job at the end of their tenures...the same way most of the NIger Delta is still broke despite having many people from the Delta running the NNPC since inception.

4.Seriously, I am tired of all these people making tribal arguments about jobs. Many of us Southerners live in poverty because of corrupt leaders at all levels, and yet, we expect that a few appointments to NNPC would save us? We claim that we are educated , yet we cannot use our education to actually develop things that would make us super rich. Did Dangote or Innoson work for NNPC before they made it?

5.And the Northerners who are going to defend these appointments? What has having the North in power all these years done for you people? The NOrth is still backward and poor. And see how the result of that poverty....BOko is affecting you! Will a few appointments of Northerners to NNPC top jobs help the North? Or just a few privileged ones?

Honestly I am tired of Nigerians. We have more serious issues than NNPC Job appointments. We have the potential to become a powerful manufacturing nation , producing companies that would make billions more than we are making from fuel. And instead of taking measures to achieve that goal....we are here arguing about job wey no go benefit anyone.

Call me a Zombie, call me anti-North....but it is high time we Nigerians woke up and sorted ourselves out. Otherwise we will continue in our poverty....Northerners and Southerners.

You almost made sense, I mean in totality. You genuinely forgot the trickle down effect in this detailed explanation. If they fix themselves in the board, they fix their cronies in the job positions. If u get someone there, you stand a chance.

Manufacturing as it is requires HUGE capital. No one would crowd funding you and no one is ready to loan or invest in you. Take a good look around, besides SOME political jobbers many of the wealthy biz men you see got their startup capital from working in SANE countries.

1 Like

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Markfemi2: 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
mightyhazell:
....but ur just one inconsequential entity.

who cares wot ur disoriented mind comes up with?

Ipig
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Frankbaro(m): 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
bamite:
grin

Sarrki what is your take on this?

Don't mention that fool here.
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by kelechi17(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
AntiIPOB:
And what do you called your own miserable self, I don't know how some of you reason? The Igbo's are busy shouting making unnecessary noise about key position in the government that they do not believed and have a stake in it,what the Bleep!,this is the man these fools pray day and night for his death.

The same Igbo's that has enter voicemail to avail the terrorist called Nnamdi kalu an opportunity to spread hate speech, you talk about Islamizing nnpc,what had madam madueke that heads nnpc over the years achieved?
your sister head nnpc and end up buying almost half of the world,I will advise you and people like you to stop seen these appointments as an opportunity to steal but to advance development in Nigeria.

The Igbo umbrella organisation is quick to response yet silence on the issue of the idiot called kalu.

The Afenifere you heard making noise are PDP apologists that are out of business since PDP was kicked out of power.

Pmb tried and still trying hard to incorporate all the section of this country to a fold yet the Igbo's look at him as a mistake,you cannot eat your cake and have it.

You cannot recognised pmb government and yet expect so much from it.
This IS your equity ! And fairness!
Full list of newly appointed NNPC directors
One Nigeria ���
NORTH
1. Malami Shehu, - MD Port Harcourt Refining Company.
2. Muhammed Abah, - MD Warri Refinery.
3. Umar Ajiya, - MD of NPMC.
4. Bala Wunti, - GGM CP&S.
5. Usman Yusuf, - GMD STA. (Tech).
6. Ahmadu-Katagum - GGM Shipping (Downstream).
7. Kallamu Abdullahi - GGM Renewable Energy Division.
8. Shaibu Musa - MD NNPC Medical Services Limited.
9. Ibrahim Birma - GGM Governance, Risk & Compliance Division.
10. Farouk Ahmed - MD Product Mkg - Retiring.

SOUTH WEST
1. Adewale Ladenegan, - MD Kaduna Refinery
2. Adeyemi Adetunji, - MD NNPC Retail.
3. Bola Afolabi, - GGM Research & Development.

SOUTH SOUTH
1. Roland Ewubare - Group General Manager
2. Diepriye Tariah - MD of IDSL.

EAST - 0

This is one Nigeria for you !were only the slave masters , who own the estate called Nigeria, becomes landlord in your own resources found in your village and share it back to you as crumbs �������� see y u are such a clown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Fortredia: 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
I think Buhari is insensitive or rather unperturbed at times on the action he takes sometimes. What stops him from sharing the 15 appointments in this order:
South south 6 slots 1 per state
South East 2 slots
South west 2 slots
And share the remaining 5 slots among the three geo political zones in the North.
He forgets that people will make him pay for any mistakes he makes now or later.
JEG made the same silly mistake in the past by excluding the south westerners in his key appointment and he was made to pay for it bitterly. Why is Buhari making the same mistake.
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Bizibi(m): 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
RoyalUc:

grin grin grin

Bros, watin I do you na? Your fiancee tell you say I ask for her phone number? grin grin grin

Now, jokes apart. I was not in anyway supporting nepotism that has eaten deep into the fabrics of our national life. I don't support Buhari or any other leader appointing mostly, people from his region into positions where other Nigerians can properly fit in.

My worry is that, today the Northerners (or should I say most of them) are comfortable with this because it favors them and other regions are complaining. Tomorrow, we from the other side will defend same acts when it favors us while the others cry. If we feel it's wrong and condemn it today, let's do same tomorrow when our own takes charge.

I repeat. I believe in truth, equity, fairness, tolerance and peaceful coexustence.
look,the core north don't believe in equity,fairness and co,they believe they have every right to be the first and the rest last.
Only the southerners practice F.T.P.

3 Likes

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Viergeachar: 1:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
2016v2017:

good to let all the morons supporting buhari and saying one Nigeria to see buhari idiotic ass.
It's because Nnamdi Kanu have exposed buhari evil deeds that the north are against Nnamdi Kanu and calling for his re-arrest.
SW/SS/SE wake up,it's time to face the northerners and tell them that other ethnic tribes in Nigeria are not their slaves,rather the north should be slaves to others because of their illiteracy.
Yorubas are more educated than the hausas/fulanis ,likewise other ethnic tribes in Nigeria are more educated than them,yet they want the yorubas to be under their control,why?

Why the emphasis on Yoruba

Sure, PMB is a bigot and we Yorubas are against his bigotry. angry
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Mrnairalandd: 1:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
eyeview:
Its surprising to me that there are people who actually believe that Buhari can be objective on tribal issues. Wow.
Buhari is a tribalistic human. He cant change. His victory was a tool for the north to take over every reign of power from GEJ who was sharing things equitably for the first time.
Apc merely packaged a hardcore tribal bigot and fools fell for it.

Buhari is the most divisive president in the history of nigeria. All the agitations from separatist ipob, niger delta, etc are all traceable to buhari's words, actions and policies. Anybody stating otherwise is either naive or just lying.

Igbo man did worst than that in 1960s to 1966.

Igbo man would have done worst...
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by RoyalUc(m): 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
Bizibi:
look,the core north don't believe in equity,fairness and co,they believe they have every right to be the first and the rest last.
Only the southerners practice F.T.P.

We must always point at 'the north.' Which Nigerian leader has been seen to be absolutely fair and equitable to all?
Since the return of democracy, how many northernern had been President and how long have they ruled? Therefore today, they claim other Nigerians don't want them to complete 'their turn' as president.
As for dominating certain institutions, which region (especialy the three major regions) is free from that offence? How many non-indegenes do we have as students and staff in UNN, UNIZIK, UNICAL, UNUIUYO, UNIPORT, UNIBEN (I learned uniben is better though it is more of politicians candidates), etc and several other federal institutions in our various regions.

The North is not our problem. We are!
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
Eazybay:

You almost made sense, I mean in totality. You genuinely forgot the trickle down effect in this detailed explanation. If they fix themselves in the board, they fix their cronies in the job positions. If u get someone there, you stand a chance.

Manufacturing as it is requires HUGE capital. No one would crowd funding you and no one is ready to loan or invest in you. Take a good look around, besides SOME political jobbers many of the wealthy biz men you see got their startup capital from working in SANE countries.

The trickle-down idea was not far from my mind even as I was writing my original post....that's true.

But at the end of the day...how many people does it benefit? Probably not up to a hundred.

A major annoyance I have with Nigeria is that we too dey rely on government for jobs....which is why I back industries. Yes it is hard setting them up. But that is the only way we can generate jobs et al.Dangote has generated far more jobs as a manufacturer than he did when he was (in my mother's words) a 'mere importer'.
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by PenSniper: 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Can you expatiate please?

Anyone who can read the times well should know that.
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Blue3k(m): 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
The federal government going to provide full list of position changes. Then we'll see 55 position that we effected. Judging off of 15 names out 55 names not good idea.

1 Like

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by uvalued(m): 2:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
isnovic:
See it behoves the Southerners now to come to a round table and discuss the way forward.

Make peace with the North Central and discuss the way forward.

It is clear, the presidency believes only the North gave him the seat of power.

The Southern Senators and House of Representatives must organize themselves into a movement for emancipation of Southern and Central Nigeria.

They should sponsor motions that will lead to:

1. Voting for the implementation of restructuring.
2. The conduct of Biafraexit vie a referendum.
3. They should pursue with 100% vigor the relocation of all oil and gas Headquarters and Operational Head office to the SS and SE regions where there core production is from.
4. They should immediately give the oil and gas producers operating in the region ultimatum to relocate or shutdown production and mandate the MEND, IPOB, IYC to implement same without fail at the expiration of the ultimatum.
5. They should call for a re-write of the constitution. If possible by any Scandinavian House to ensure equity at play.
6. They should ensure total resource control for all minerals, oil and gas inclusive.

Anything short of these, will be wasting our time as the Northern ruling elites aims is to dominate all aspect of economic, military, manufacturing, strategic and critical infrastructure/organization before the 2019.

This will make there perpetuation in power more easy.

i concur ngenekwanu and co should see reason why IPOB are against APC
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by uvalued(m): 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2017
chiscodedon:
What do you expect from president that nepotism, chauvinism and cronyism are his order of governance.
Bitter truth; does nnpc really need to be headed by northerners?... If tribe has to be considered,I presume that nnpc should be headed by a southerner. why would such commission be headed by mostly northerners?.
You can't keep beating a child,still telling him not to cry,these are reasons why there's agitation for secession, restructuring,hate speech...After he will be saying that the unity of the country is not negotiable,while you are treating some ethnic part of the country with disdain.
buhari needs no military to fight hate speech and secession agitators,only let them feel sense of belonging, you shouldn't be favouring one ethnic group in ur appointments and expect the others to start applauding u in a country u say they belong, is only a coward and fool will do that.

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by uvalued(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
Femolacaster:
Buhari has succeeded in dividing this country more than any other President.The man is an error.

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by uvalued(m): 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
ZombieTAMER:
they said a leopard cannot lose its spots
So I don't really blame buhari

When a mad man dances to a sweet tune and runs into the market square.... It's the people beating the drums for him that should be held accountable

All the zombies are enemies of state and progress .. They detest equity and justice... Especially the zombies of nairaland who have sold their senses all because of crumbs falling on their laps

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Dycaptain(m): 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
Nonsense, Government of the North, am a Yoruba but this buhari Government is insane

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by uvalued(m): 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
The more you think God has taught Buhari some lessons on the need to always carry everyone along inclusively, the more he shows his true colour of a non repentant Fulani supremacist of the highest Order...
Life Patron of HateSpeech......97/5% code...

all my cousins and friends will surely regret casting thier votes for this....make i quiet... thank God for that old mama that saw what my cousins were blinded to
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by uzoexcel(m): 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
of course maclatunji will not be found on a thread like this!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Ngokafor(f): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
signz:

I'm surprised that I'm even surprised. I knew Buhari was a bigot but I never knew he'd take it to new heights. Abacha wasn't as bad as this.

Just like Ive always known that Buhari presidency would be bad for our economy but I never in my wildest dream knew that he would be this bad.

cheesy.Oh he surprised you too?...not me,i knew he will be exactly as he turned out to be now..His antecedents are there for all to see.

1 Like

Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Masterclass32: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
''Buharicating'' the whole place, as usual. Of course, that is his trademark.

But, he had better watch it. The real forces of change (not the type he promised us) are out and WILL work against against him if he, himself does not change. Real change should begin with him.
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Realist2: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Buhari nepotistic and bigotry will definitely be his undoing and will soon find him out.
How can you do something like and expect people to be silent? .
He has not learnt a lesson after spending 104 days on a hospital bed.
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Bizibi(m): 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
RoyalUc:

We must always point at 'the north.' Which Nigerian leader has been seen to be absolutely fair and equitable to all?
Since the return of democracy, how many northernern had been President and how long have they ruled? Therefore today, they claim other Nigerians don't want them to complete 'their turn' as president.
As for dominating certain institutions, which region (especialy the three major regions) is free from that offence? How many non-indegenes do we have as students and staff in UNN, UNIZIK, UNICAL, UNUIUYO, UNIPORT, UNIBEN (I learned uniben is better though it is more of politicians candidates), etc and several other federal institutions in our various regions.

The North is not our problem. We are!
go look at how they recruit people from north in the Nigeria army......
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Eazybay(m): 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
9jakohai:

The trickle-down idea was not far from my mind even as I was writing my original post....that's true.

But at the end of the day...how many people does it benefit? Probably not up to a hundred.

A major annoyance I have with Nigeria is that we too dey rely on government for jobs....which is why I back industries. Yes it is hard setting them up. But that is the only way we can generate jobs et al.Dangote has generated far more jobs as a manufacturer than he did when he was (in my mother's words) a 'mere importer'.

Even the US relies on the govt for jobs. The biz climate in Naija is worse. Dangote enjoys govt support, as such he's a bad example. It's easier to set up a business in d Gaza strip than Nigeria.
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
kelechi17:
This IS your equity ! And fairness!
Full list of newly appointed NNPC directors
One Nigeria ���
NORTH
1. Malami Shehu, - MD Port Harcourt Refining Company.
2. Muhammed Abah, - MD Warri Refinery.
3. Umar Ajiya, - MD of NPMC.
4. Bala Wunti, - GGM CP&S.
5. Usman Yusuf, - GMD STA. (Tech).
6. Ahmadu-Katagum - GGM Shipping (Downstream).
7. Kallamu Abdullahi - GGM Renewable Energy Division.
8. Shaibu Musa - MD NNPC Medical Services Limited.
9. Ibrahim Birma - GGM Governance, Risk & Compliance Division.
10. Farouk Ahmed - MD Product Mkg - Retiring.

SOUTH WEST
1. Adewale Ladenegan, - MD Kaduna Refinery
2. Adeyemi Adetunji, - MD NNPC Retail.
3. Bola Afolabi, - GGM Research & Development.

SOUTH SOUTH
1. Roland Ewubare - Group General Manager
2. Diepriye Tariah - MD of IDSL.

EAST - 0

This is one Nigeria for you !were only the slave masters , who own the estate called Nigeria, becomes landlord in your own resources found in your village and share it back to you as crumbs �������� see y u are such a clown
Thank you,but can you also show me the leadership arrangement of nnpc before this one?
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by ExInferis(m): 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
Wetin consign biafrans with goings-on in Nigeria sef....
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by oyatz(m): 10:44am On Sep 05, 2017
The best strategy is for the Niger-deltans to form their own International oil company that can dwarf the NNPC within a decade.
Militancy will not solve any problem but rather create further problems.

SaiNigeria:
Enough of the silly talks... expedite actions towards retrieving your assets from the Fulani lords...

Niger deltans irritate me so much... where are the avengers, the MEND IYC.

You guys now have a justified course to take back what belongs to you anyway you deem fit.
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by chernest2002: 11:53am On Sep 05, 2017
Question; What is the meaning of buhari?
Answer; buhari means failure.
In any case I have never expected good from that half dead.
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by omonnakoda: 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
Re: Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick by oyatz(m): 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Don't you want Biafra again?

You are talking as if you are planning to regain your lost glory after the exit of Buhari administration instead of you to be planning how Biafra will get electricity and oil refinery

EmeeNaka:
President Buhari's plan to suffocate the SE will fail.
when we were listing his nepotistic activities as a Head of state and PTF chairman, some APC zombies said we should be ignored but now, it's clear to everyone what and where Buhari stands for.
People should not be so much bothered, Buhari can only stay for 8years maximum and get out of Aso rock. Many of us will outlive him and his administration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One Died, Others Injured In Enugu While Trying To Buy Fuel (Disturbing Photos) / Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister / Osinbajo Attends Burial Service Of Hilda Adefarasin (Pastor Adefarasin's Mother)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.