Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? (21856 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Thread For Wives And Kids Of Nigerian Soldiers In Troubled States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by olanajim(m): 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2007
Those of you with determined ambition of destroying the backbone of African moral fabric should check a thread on this section on 'why American children commit suicide' you would of course cry out but then, who cares. Na your kid. Carry go jo!
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2007
Um EVERYONE deserves respect, McDoe.

if in your aroko village "respect" means corny nicknames, good for you.

Just don't go around yapping dust implying that anyone that doesnt comply to that idiotic rule is disrespectful to their spouse.

kuro waju mi.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2007
Nigeria where we tend to look down on women very much

It's very sad and it's the same men born of a mere woman that are trying hard to keep her down.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2007
It is pathetic.
really pathetic. Well name could mean but does not mean respect. That is not morality.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2007
It is pathetic.
really pathetic. Well name could mean but does not mean respect. That is not morality.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by lawuyi(m): 9:12am On Sep 08, 2007
I don't know of y'all but I prefer a woman that calls me by my first name and respects me 100% (and vice-versa by the way) than one that calls me Baba Junior and raises her voice to me at every single opportunity as well as disrespecting me in every small (or big) issue.
We need to get this fact into our heads people.

Of course, i understand that some people here will marry (or are already married to) girls 10yrs younger than them. In that case, no shaking your wife should not call u by name (i am assuming she called u Broda Rafiu when u were toasting her). In fact she must go further and go on both knees to greet you no matter where u people are. Yes, why stop at her not calling you by name. Why not try the following as well, you know we'll need her to be a full wholesome Africano wife to massage your undeservedly large EGO:

-Kneel to greet you in public
-Avert her eyes when talking to you
-When discussing you with others, refer to you as Olowo ori mi (d owner of my head and person)
-Kneel when presebting you with any item, especially your meals
-Marry your son or brother in the unfortunate event that you pass on before her.
-Turn all your property and assets that you both worked for over to your relatives when you pass on (this one must be done willingly and joyfully not like with tears in all dem home movies)

YES anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. She MUST adopt all these things and much more to show she respects you and culture.
Yes keee, ONE NAIJA
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by acidrop(f): 9:22am On Sep 08, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmm, tru dat
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 11:40am On Sep 08, 2007
@ lawuyi. . . . . "told" them

In fact "toldable" them.

Africano my ass . . . baba junior and the next second she will screen on your head or mess you up even on the road.

Pathetic!
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by soulpatrol(f): 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2007
@lawuyi. thank you my person, some guys will be jubilating at that idea o! grin afterall, they want it old school now abi? back to the days when a woman wasn't of much value. it must really trip some guys o. tongue hisssss!
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by rachiwise(f): 8:32pm On Sep 08, 2007
Guys pls, for God's sake we are talking of marriage here not a boss-employee relationship.As a married couple u should know how to relate with each other,share ur joy and sorrow,be intimate and share ur deepest feelings life life,ur dreams and no culture,Black,White,Red can stop that it's all in ur heart.
So, where does calling ur husdand Uncle Lagbaja come in?to Guys out there believing that their wives should call them Baba Luku,would they like her to call them Baba Luku when having sex.
Imagine ur wife screaming Baba Luku,Baba Luku all night,men, sheesh!!!!!!!!
African mentality,if we r to go with all our traditions even men would cry imagine ur younger brother sleeping with ur wife when u die.Men,
i bow o!!!!!!!
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2007
soulpatrol:

@lawuyi. thank you my person, some guys will be jubilating at that idea o! grin afterall, they want it old school now abi? back to the days when a woman wasn't of much value. it must really trip some guys o. tongue hisssss!

You have a like-mind now; isn't it?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by soulpatrol(f): 10:16pm On Sep 10, 2007
mr Mcdoe, i'm sure u can tell that i was being sarcastic
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 8:22am On Sep 11, 2007
quote: mr Mcdoe, i'm sure u can tell that i was being sarcastic

@ soulpatrol: Not really. But why the title?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Bosdem(f): 9:25am On Sep 11, 2007
I call my guy baby or honey it all depend on the situation and time
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by lawuyi(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2007
rachiwise:

Guys please, for God's sake we are talking of marriage here not a boss-employee relationship.As a married couple u should know how to relate with each other,share your joy and sorrow,be intimate and share your deepest feelings life life,your dreams and no culture,Black,White,Red can stop that it's all in your heart.
So, where does calling your husdand Uncle Lagbaja come in?to Guys out there believing that their wives should call them Baba Luku,would they like her to call them Baba Luku when having sex.
Imagine your wife screaming Baba Luku,Baba Luku all night,men, sheesh!!!!!!!!
African mentality,if we r to go with all our traditions even men would cry imagine your younger brother sleeping with your wife when u die.Men,
i bow o!!!!!!!

lmao

Nce one rachiwise. Abi ooooooooooo
If it's baba luku then it must be babaa luku all d way LOL
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Veracious(f): 10:59am On Sep 12, 2007
lawuyi:

lmao
If it's baba luku then it must be babaa luku all d way LOL

you sound so familiar.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by mellow(m): 11:06am On Sep 12, 2007
Yes he is.[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by mellow(m): 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2007
Those people that their Husbands call mama Iyabo

and their wives call papa Ireti are they not humans?

I beg call me what you want to call me but show me my respect.

And whats more? I would prefer you call me by my name. You call me

honey on a good day but by name on a bad day? Even god said they should

call him by his name.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 9:39am On Sep 14, 2007
mellow:

Even god said  they should

call him by his name.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

Does it then mean we should bark when calling God?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by rachiwise(f): 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2007
Baby,u can if u wanna.so far u understand wetin u dey yan.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by atutupoyo(f): 11:24pm On Sep 16, 2007
@Mcdoe, I don't understand Is ur name not ur name I see no reason why ur wife can't call u by ur name since she respect u. awarun rightly said do u want her to call u a pet name and insult u is that better. e.g baba risi ori yin ti daru.( baba risi ur head has scattered) Is this respect?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by LarryO2(f): 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2007
That's the last thing I'll do on this earth, call by hubby baba supo or brother sule? embarassed embarassed over my dead body, even if he is twenty years my senior . The respect will always be there for him, no matter what name I choose to call him. Actually, I have several pet names for my hubby kiss, bedroom own is different, telephone own is another one and also another and special one for public.

By the time you start callg your man brother or baba sule, that means the cordiality that's suppose to be there will be reduced.

So, call him by his name or give him nice and personal pet names not all these common ones and enjoy the bliss.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Veracious(f): 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2007
Calling your husband pet names of your fancy does not mean you love him that much or that you respect. its a sweet song to hear when the going is smooth and direct opposite when its not. i have seen couples who call themselves sweet names at home and public only for them to drastically change to their first names when having an aguement or misundertanding.so you keep wondering what happend to the pet names.

I believe pet names does not change how you feel about your spouse. i know of a girl who calls her ex boyfriend "Angel" but when you ask her why she calls him angel since he does'nt care about her, she tells you "there are different kinds of angels,the one she call the guy is actually devil's angel as he is a big time flirth". so what are we talking about?

If i decide to to call my husband a pet name.i see no reason why i should change it when we are not agreeing over some issues. and if i decide to call him his name,it does'nt mean i don't love or respect him.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by shoti(m): 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2007
good topic so to say.i am married and av a babe now. u know what i want my wife to be calling me by name but ssaid no that i decieve an anchor of respect,even though i said i want my name. as for me i called call her name. because i still want us to c eachother like best friend not under any africa old culture.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by moladun(f): 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2007
hmm in the yorubas culture, u had not to calls ur husbands by her names, me i am call my husband baba sule, cos the nemes of my 1st borns is sule
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2007
moladun:

hmm in the yorubas culture, u had not  to calls your husbands by her names,  me i am call my husband baba sule,  because the nemes of my 1st borns is sule

what a wonderful w-o-r-l-d !
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Veracious(f): 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2007
moladun:

hmm in the yorubas culture, u had not to calls your husbands by her names, me i am call my husband baba sule, because the nemes of my 1st borns is sule

You gotta be kidding me,right?

***oh i love this tread*** grin
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2007
Veracious:

You gotta be kidding me,right?

***oh i love this tread*** grin

What a spontaneous reaction! Truly natural and pure, if I may add
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Fileki(f): 11:49am On Oct 11, 2007
i wld call my husband by the name his parents call him, call it rude or ill- mannered, i care less, i love him n i want to remain as close as i dear, calling him by his name helps the closeness
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by mip(f): 10:55am On Oct 12, 2007
what was i calling him before we got married was it baba lekan or baba bisi lailai i will not call my husband all that i will rather give him a pet name that will be used by me alone
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2007
mip:

what was i calling him before we got married was it baba lekan or baba bisi lailai i will not call my husband all that i will rather give him a pet name that will be used by me alone

My dear, the dynamics of marriage sometimes alter our plans after tying the 'nuptial' What do you think?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by rachiwise(f): 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2007
@McDoe

Abeg,what is really the fuss about this name thing i think there is more to it than we know.

Pls,spare us oo,let ur wife(or future wife),call u watever u want her to,we dont give a hoot,Abeg !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Of The HOUSE: Is This Also Part Of The Job? / The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite / My Husband Infects Me With STD; Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.