Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? (21845 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Thread For Wives And Kids Of Nigerian Soldiers In Troubled States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by designplus(m): 9:04am On Mar 27, 2007
Seun, I disagree totally with you. Let us get this thing clear. A woman remains a woman. You cannot equate them with men. Consider the animal kingdom. The males dominate. I am not saying we are animals but some comparisons can be drawn in this context. We, men, are the world and the women, assistants(may be VPs).
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:09pm On Mar 27, 2007
Nite Angel actually thinks before he writes.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by jgirl3: 1:49am On Mar 28, 2007
designplus:

Nairalanders, I have been out of town. I just came back fews days ago; ran through this thread and saw attacks on my opinions. j-girl, Nite-Angel and other contributors could not see reasons in what i have said. But i ain't bothered because I am on the side of truth. Those of you who are twisting facts to score cheap points know that women cannot compete with men in all endeavours. By this, I would like to have this debate re-opened.
First, women are the weaker cells. Two, they are there for us to satisfy certain desires, importantly sex; and to be mothers to our children. I strongly believe that any attempt to foist on us the so-called Bergin Declaration which tries to equate women with men will be resisted. I have spoken the minds of many.
I understand that you have spoken the minds of Neanderthals and not Homo Sapiens. I think you're a christian aren't you? Go and read your bible and come here and talk. You need to understand that having a rod and two balls doesn't make you more superior, it just makes you more susceptible to stupidity.

designplus:

Seun, I disagree totally with you. Let us get this thing clear. A woman remains a woman. You cannot equate them with men. Consider the animal kingdom. The males dominate. I am not saying we are animals but some comparisons can be drawn in this context. We, men, are the world and the women, assistants(may be VPs).

This is a serious problem. If there's one thing I know, you can't change the stripes of a tiger no matter how much you try neither can a leopard change its spots. I just pray your wife really understand her job as your assistant. There comes a time, when you realize that we are in 2007 and not in 1807.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by designplus(m): 8:51am On Mar 28, 2007
j-girl, I can understand your grouse. May be you are the type the would want to'pocket' her hussy. You better imbibe the African culture. I am not against decent women fighting for good rights. However, such crusaders should take pains to school their colleagues well in order to avoid what i would like to call "overstepping''. We have decided to emulate the West in everything and ironically, this has failed to raise moral standards. No doubt, they are white and we are black in different continent and culture. If someone like J-girl hasn't got married and she needs a man for herself, I strongly advise you against demand for excessive rights. Same applies to married ones. STOP demanding for excessive rights by shunning this fight for equality
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by jgirl3: 9:21am On Mar 28, 2007
lol - I don't want a mugu for a husband. I would prefer one that can challenge me mentally and yet understand that we are partners not husband and assistant.
Now you're really asking for it. Do you know that patriarchy is a product of westernization? I can bet anything that if we go back to the past, African women were more valued that they are today. Don't tell me we're trying to emulate the west. I don't think everything in the west should be emulated. I think we should have our own culture but then again, after being educated enough to comprehend our current status in the community, I don't want women to think that they are under their husbands because that is a lie. God gave a partner to Adam and if you read it well, she was still able to alter his mind and make him do what she wanted him to do. That's not what an assistant does, that's what someone with equal, if not better, status is able to do.
As for the marriage issue, I don't see why I would give up my beliefs all for a dominating husband. I'm perfectly sure that there are a lot of men who know the position of their wives in their household and that's the kind of husband I'm going to get. I am not accepting a tradition that needs to be reviewed.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Radiant(f): 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2007
Ummm. . .Did I hear it's disrespectful shocked shocked shocked Are you guys kidding me? embarassed

lol. .you guys are full of appalling jokes. I mean, I could have a nightmare after reading this cry Gosh!!!

Where d'u guys get these ideas from? I mean, he can call me by my name but I can't call him by his name?Don't make an atom of sense to me. This idea sucks! sucks!! sucks!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by spoilt(f): 2:42am On Mar 29, 2007
designplus:

j-girl, I can understand your grouse. May be you are the type the would want to'pocket' her hussy. You better imbibe the African culture. I am not against decent women fighting for good rights. However, such crusaders should take pains to school their colleagues well in order to avoid what i would like to call "overstepping''. We have decided to emulate the West in everything and ironically, this has failed to raise moral standards. No doubt, they are white and we are black in different continent and culture. If someone like J-girl hasn't got married and she needs a man for herself, I strongly advise you against demand for excessive rights. Same applies to married ones. STOP demanding for excessive rights by shunning this fight for equality

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
who is this guy?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by OmoEko1(f): 2:44am On Mar 29, 2007
spoilt:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
who is this guy?
don't worry i already called the animal service to come get him, becos that y he belong(the jungle)
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by spoilt(f): 2:46am On Mar 29, 2007
Omo Eko:

don't worry i already called the animal service to come get him, because that y he belong(the jungle)

this is 2007. he thinks its still 1977!
do people still think like this?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by OmoEko1(f): 2:54am On Mar 29, 2007
spoilt:

yes oh we still have people like this.
T
The problem is they want to follow their father's step

They want to treat their wives, the way their father treated their mothers.

Guys like this want their wives to go on their knees whenever they want to serve them food or talk to them.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by spoilt(f): 3:21am On Mar 29, 2007
Guys like this want their wives to go on their knees whenever they want to serve them food or talk to them.

@omo eko

heheheheheheeh! grin grin grin
after all the energy i used to prepare the food? shocked
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by OmoEko1(f): 3:44am On Mar 29, 2007
spoilt:

@omo eko

heheheheheheeh! grin grin grin
after all the energy i used to prepare the food? shocked
girl am serious oh

okay i will tell u this story i witness with my to legal eyes

2003 summer i was in naija to spend my vacation

So one Saturday i went to visit one my guys, so when i got there is dad was about to eat. Did U know what happened next, his mom brought water in the blow for him to wash his hand in. she went on her knees why he rinsed his hands.
After she was done, she went to bring the food and went on her needs again to give him the food.
I was so pissed that I left, I felt she was been treated like a maid.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by jgirl3: 4:34am On Mar 29, 2007
spoilt:

Girl, even in 1977, they still had small sense.
Omo Eko:

girl am serious oh

okay i will tell u this story i witness with my to legal eyes

2003 summer i was in naija to spend my vacation

So one Saturday i went to visit one my guys, so when i got there is dad was about to eat. Did U know what happened next, his mom brought water in the blow for him to wash his hand in. she went on her knees why he rinsed his hands.
After she was done, she went to bring the food and went on her needs again to give him the food.
I was so pissed that I left, I felt she was been treated like a maid.

Are you freaking kidding me? I would have left as well. I can't stand anyone like that.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by OmoEko1(f): 4:36am On Mar 29, 2007
@j-girl

I was so heated that i couldn't even say goodbye to his parents.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by jgirl3: 4:40am On Mar 29, 2007
That's just crap. The older the children get, the closer the parents are supposed to be.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by designplus(m): 7:52am On Mar 29, 2007
j-girl:
God gave a partner to Adam and if you read it well, she was still able to alter his mind and make him do what she wanted him to do. That's not what an assistant does, that's what someone with equal, if not better, status is able to do.
Yea, we can understand why there is so much evil in this world. W-o-m-e-n!
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by designplus(m): 7:58am On Mar 29, 2007
Guys, are you leaving this fight (for rights) for me alone? Do't you think these ladies are overbearing and too dominant these days? C'mmon, don't be lilly livered. Say your mind.

Bottomline: spoilt, Pls let me know your email address. I have an important message for you.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2007
designplus:
Why do you continue to whine? Women are too annoying then fine, become a homosexual. What's the problem?

As for Omo Eko story: how pathetic. Wouldn't surprise me that with all that worshipping, the dad probably still had other women outside.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by jgirl3: 7:02pm On Mar 29, 2007
designplus:

Guys, are you leaving this fight (for rights) for me alone? Do't you think these ladies are overbearing and too dominant these days? C'mmon, don't be lilly livered. Say your mind.

Bottomline: spoilt, Please let me know your email address. I have an important message for you.

Designplus, you've got to understand that some MEN actually know we're right and agree with us.
There is evil in the world because of the devil not because of women. Besides not all of us are seeds of Eve because as I understand it. If Eve was evil, that means everybody but Adam is evil as well
ThiefOfHearts:

designplus:
Why do you continue to whine? Women are too annoying then fine, become a homosexual. What's the problem?
lol, abi o
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Seun(m): 11:09pm On Mar 29, 2007
designplus, your approach to male superioritty is old school. Men these days are more clever and subtle about it!
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Radiant(f): 11:17pm On Mar 29, 2007
Seun:

. Men these days are more clever and subtle about it!

Hehehehehe wink
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by hotchic1(f): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2007
Seun:

designplus, your approach to male superioritty is old school. Men these days are more clever and subtle about it!

Thank you ooooooooooo

If he continues like that i don't think any girl will be ready to go out with you, only the ones with low self esteem that feels their whole existence depends on you.

@ Topic,
i see no big deal in calling my boo his real name,sometimes,it shows how close couples are and not lack of respect.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by debosky(m): 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2007
first name gini??

My wife must call me "His Excellency, the one whose Abunna I adore" grin grin grin
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by hotchic1(f): 8:36pm On Jun 12, 2007
debosky:

first name gini??

My wife must call me "His Excellency, the one whose Abunna I adore" grin grin grin

U're making me laugh oooooooooooooo,
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by soulpatrol(f): 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2007
debosky, hmm your girlfriend/wife go try gan o. goodluck! grin

i detest women that allow their husbands to treat them like maids. which one is kneeling down for your husband to serve him food now? shuuu! there are other more humane ways to show respect for your hubby without looking like a puppet! i never seen my momma kneel for my dad, she calls him by his first name, yet they both have the utmost repsect for each other. no one treating the other like a slave. pls guys, this aint the 16th century no more. show respect to your woman and she'll definitely reciprocate. don't demand it from her.  cool
besides, how unromantic to call someone baba mufu, iya silifa etc. ughhhh! i wonder what goes on the bedroom then. will it be baba shakira, e ma fisi o! grin
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by fromuk(m): 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2007
saying that the man is more superior does not mean he treat his wify as maid, what does this mean ''Women are the weaker sex. respect they say is a resiprocal action, both of them even their children deserve respect. Coming to talk of superiority, I proposed to her, i married her she did not marry, she left her fathers name to bear mine, she left her fathers home to follow me and not vice-versa. If things goes wrong in the course of the marriage i can as well tell her to go back to her parents(send her packing) but she cannever dream of sending me packing, this is just common sense. we are all nigerians, how many village in nigerian has a woman as its ruler i think none. As far as it concerns marriage and traditional rites the man is superior. As far as i know it has not changed and don't think it will change sooner. My wife cannot be in the siting rm watching tele while i am cooking in the kitchen but the reverse can be the case. For the fact that the woman served her husband food shows the superiority but that is not what to boast.

Comon guys is this thread discussing about name calling or superiority
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by dinnerm(f): 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2007
yes ofcourse!thats the best way to adress your hubby.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by anabell(f): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2007
there is no way i will call my hubby baba papa or daddy just cant imagine me doing that
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by soulpatrol(f): 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2007
abi o. some guys on this thread are just he-goats , enforcing that a woman has to show respect by not calling them by their first name. shame on y'all! is that your mama taught you? hmm good luck in finding a submissive woman like that. to each his/her own anyway.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by debosky(m): 10:40pm On Jun 12, 2007
my own case is very simple, refuse to call me by my title = no more abunna angry angry
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by mukina2: 10:44pm On Jun 12, 2007
debosky:

my own case is very simple, refuse to call me by my title = no more abunna  angry angry

what is abunna? wink
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by soulpatrol(f): 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2007
@mukina, "abunna" is the hausa word for "kini" meaning, em that thing that dangles btw boys legs and makes them think stupid.  tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice / Meet The Couple Who Won N1m In Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Valentine Edition / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.