Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? (21842 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Thread For Wives And Kids Of Nigerian Soldiers In Troubled States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 10:05am On Oct 17, 2007
Larry O:

That's the last thing I'll do on this earth, call by hubby baba supo or brother sule? embarassed embarassed over my dead body, even if he is twenty years my senior . The respect will always be there for him, no matter what name I choose to call him. Actually, I have several pet names for my hubby kiss, bedroom own is different, telephone own is another one and also another and special one for public.

By the time you start callg your man brother or baba sule, that means the cordiality that's suppose to be there will be reduced.

So, call him by his name or give him nice and personal pet names not all these common ones and enjoy the bliss.

I would like to hear the bedroom and telephone names. One could learn something from them
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Nwaka77: 2:06am On Oct 28, 2007
I don't see why people are fussing about this name thing. Why does society have to dictate what a wife should call her husband? If she wants to call him by his name then so be it. If she wants to call him romantic pet names, then so be it. Is it by force? Na wa for SOME Nigerian marraiges! It seems like it is slavery, with the husband as the slave master and the wife as the slave. No wonder Nigeria is still a mess even though we have been blessed with so many resources. It is this backward mentality that is killing us all in the name of culture! I weak. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by chika98: 2:13am On Oct 28, 2007
Nwaka77:

I don't see why people are fussing about this name thing. Why does society have to dictate what a wife should call her husband? If she wants to call him by his name then so be it. If she wants to call him romantic pet names, then so be it. Is it by force? Na wa for SOME Nigerian marraiges! It seems like it is slavery, with the husband as the slave master and the wife as the slave. No wonder Nigeria is still a mess even though we have been blessed with so many resources. It is this backward mentality that is killing us all in the name of culture! I weak. undecided
I swear some ppl on this site are suffering all in name of marriage! Na wa oh. Some of the questions you guys come up with makes me wonder what kinda marriage y'all are in
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 29, 2008
huh? I don't think it is direspectful at all
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 29, 2008
i only call him his name wen im angry,
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by merge(f): 4:18pm On May 30, 2008
Dumb Thread shocked shocked angry
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ayomifull(f): 4:29pm On May 30, 2008
I call my husband his name because i am quite comforatble with it and his name is so sweet and special that i'm just happy calling it and of course its so unique (havent heard any other person called by it, may be somewhere sha)
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by holythug(m): 4:31pm On May 30, 2008
wats d BIG deal
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by saraj(f): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2009
I can't stand 'Honey'. Its a horrible pet name. Its too disgusting , it should be banned!

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2009
@Topic.
It all depends on each persons cultural backgrounds. And by-the-way, the Man deserves some little courtesy at least. cool
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by moHot(f): 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
thank god this is 2012, i bet this kinda questions can never come up again

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Zilja(f): 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2012
moHot:

thank god this is 2012, i bet this kinda questions can never come up again

smiley smiley smiley one can only hope.

How old is this poster??
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by coolfunke(f): 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2012
lwtmb!!! call him brother or uncle na! chi mo
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Daresh(f): 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
Some men are just plain stewpid. The idiot wanting his wife to call him Baba what ever will be following some 19 yr old girl that will be calling him by name. BASTARD OSHI! Forgive my ranting, I just hate it when ppl act so darned daft.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ecolime(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2012
See as all the ladies just dey provoke..

@OP: Calling your woman Mama sososo and she calling you Papa sososo is just too archaic. There is nothing wrong in she calling you by your name. She is your wife, not your servant.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by sadiboshi: 6:56am On Sep 05, 2012
Total disrespectful. There is no love when Wife call their husband names. Respect is reciprocal.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by MrsChima1(f): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
I use term of endearments and my husband's birth name when I call him. He is not God.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by Bosch10(m): 12:22pm On Feb 08, 2015
McDoe:
What is your opinion? Should wives call their hussies by their names considering our African background? I think calling the name just like that smacks of disrespect.
seconded,i cant even call my wife name nt to talk of her calling me name.it brings disrespect and this is one problem i have with the educated ladies today
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by LilyLuvSrk(f): 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
I'm a home tutor residing in Lagos. I
teach & help nursery, primary &
secondary school children. I teach the
following subjects Literacy(English),
Literature, Numeracy(Maths), social
studies, home econs, design & tech for primary level. For secondary level, i
teach English, literature, Government,
commerce. I assist & prepare students
on what to
face during common entrance, junior
& senior waec. You can contact me through this
number: 07080398015
or
Email me: lilyzgirl2010@gmail.com
Qualification: B.Sc Experience: 2 years and counting

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Wife Has Turned Me Into A Punching Bag – Abuja Man Cries Out / Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice / Meet The Couple Who Won N1m In Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Valentine Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.