Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp (25275 Views)

Dating Single Mother You Can't Escape Bill Tie To The Child / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met / “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by sugarwiz(f): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
emerged01:

Woman has a bigger role play. God will help you to do what you have to do. I'm a man and I know where I was coming from. My experience in life made me to understand na woman get pikin, though not so in every situation. There are still few true men out there that look after their children. If they are many as they should be,we will have less kids under the bridge of oshodi.
Be part of those few true men. The problem starts whe a person feels they have a lesser role to perform in their OWN child's life.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by hatedisplace: 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
All those making mouth that they don't need househelp, please answer the following questions 1. How long have u been married?
2. How many children understand d ago of 10 do you have? 3. How big is your hour? 4. How long do you stay away from your home all in the name of work or business? 5. How easy is it for you to do your shopping and buy shopping I mean everything including petrol for the Gen. Househelp whether part time or full time is a necessary evil.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2017
chatinent:
Views, questions, suggestions are all welcomed.
your opinion, as far as it is not the solution, is irrelevant.
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2017
emerged01:

It is good you console yourself with Nigeria economic situation but u should know you are working for your kids' future and your peace when you aged. Sacrifice whatever you can to have peace of mind when you are old. And you can only achieve that when you use the energy you have now to train them in the path to walk.
really, training of a child is done by 2 parenrs equally not mummy alone. leave that mentality in the gutter where it belongs

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
snazzy5050:
Yes please get one so that you can be chased out of your marriage....
please how will the so called marriage change the price of beans in the market
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
I've never liked the idea of a house help in my house. I must have time for my kids and not boarding school for them o.I'm sure they can hear me now from pre-earth world grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by mrssho: 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
Please what's the point of this post? If a woman hires a houseboy would you advise the man to stay at home so the boy doesn't take over his duties as a husband. If a woman cheats it's her fault if a man cheats it's her fault if the children are good it's bc of the woman if they are bad it's because of the woman. So much responsibility on one person. How about teaching the men to be more supportive and exhibit self control

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Nweike1: 1:31am On Sep 06, 2017
chatinent:
Copyright: No part of this should be transmitted to an unknown source without prior consent and allowance by the author or acknowledgement. This was written by Richie of Chatinent.
In most countries, sixty-one percent of married women bring in house helps into their home. There is good in bringing house help to your home, however, there is more harm than good. Let's point out some of the sour part of bringing house helps into your matrimonial home, to perhaps, escape your rightful duties as mother, and inversely, a wife.
1. Whose kids. Most mothers will use subterfuges that they are the working-class and have less time to care for their children and that was what arose the need for a house help. As a mother, your job should not be a hindrance to your upbringing of a (your) child. If the job becomes too disturbing, find a better one that may spare you time. At least, you may work during school hours or better still, be self employed. These children at tender age need more of mum.
2. Kids on market. Yes, I liken it to putting your kids for sale and when the best bidder rides by, you will be sorry for yourself. Go into the internet and see what house helps do to their boss' kids and how they ruin the family. So far, they are the ones responsible feeding the kids while you are away, and even your husband, maybe. I wonder, how do you think sb would feel seeing another as superior over her when the keys to unlock superiority over the latter lies awake in her hands?
3. My husband, your husband. Ha ha, it's not funny but you may already be thinking what I'm thinking; you are away for about nineteen hours in twenty-four hours and your house help is twenty-four hours with the kids and husband. What do you think wud happen when your husband needs you and.., he can't even find you around his every needs? Don't be surprise to return one day to notice that your house help is now the house wife (because that's what you made her) and you, become the house maid.
4. Who mothers the children and murders the real motherhood. Truth has it that a child's bond to their mother starts from childhood, don't sell it because of a job you could retain when lose but can not recover that bond when unattended to.
My advice to women is, they should drive steering clear of house helps and build their family as they want. The phrase 'had I known' is usually you knowing and hiding the truth afore now. Be wise, be discreet, be decisive, so you won't be chasing monkeys and lose the bananas.
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=17&t=334&st=0#entry614

one million likes! your head dey there
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by ImaIma1(f): 5:29am On Sep 06, 2017
My husband that never bought the idea of a help is the one suggesting we get one soon. I didnt even bring it up but we have our ways winkNever say never.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by emerged01(m): 8:20am On Sep 06, 2017
sugarwiz:

Be part of those few true men. The problem starts whe a person feels they have a lesser role to perform in their OWN child's life.
Not be part. I'm a father and I'm proud that I am among the few. God will give me long and healthy life to be there for them. Just have it in your mind,you have a bigger role play.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by emerged01(m): 8:33am On Sep 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:
really, training of a child is done by 2 parenrs equally not mummy alone. leave that mentality in the gutter where it belongs
You are quoting me out of context. I'm not saying training should by mother alone. I will be so stupid to say that.
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 06, 2017
emerged01:

You are quoting me out of context. I'm not saying training should by mother alone. I will be so stupid to say that.
you didn't need to say when you implied
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by FindaHousehelp: 11:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
...but if you employ from a professional house help recruitment agency, then it makes perfect sense to bring a house help.

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by FindaHousehelp: 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
...but if you employ from a professional house help recruitment agency, then it makes perfect sense to bring a house help.

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Bluffly: 9:47am On Sep 21, 2017
chatinent:
Copyright: No part of this should be transmitted to an unknown source without prior consent and allowance by the author or acknowledgement. This was written by Richie of Chatinent.
In most countries, sixty-one percent of married women bring in house helps into their home. There is good in bringing house help to your home, however, there is more harm than good. Let's point out some of the sour part of bringing house helps into your matrimonial home, to perhaps, escape your rightful duties as mother, and inversely, a wife.
1. Whose kids. Most mothers will use subterfuges that they are the working-class and have less time to care for their children and that was what arose the need for a house help. As a mother, your job should not be a hindrance to your upbringing of a (your) child. If the job becomes too disturbing, find a better one that may spare you time. At least, you may work during school hours or better still, be self employed. These children at tender age need more of mum.
2. Kids on market. Yes, I liken it to putting your kids for sale and when the best bidder rides by, you will be sorry for yourself. Go into the internet and see what house helps do to their boss' kids and how they ruin the family. So far, they are the ones responsible feeding the kids while you are away, and even your husband, maybe. I wonder, how do you think sb would feel seeing another as superior over her when the keys to unlock superiority over the latter lies awake in her hands?
3. My husband, your husband. Ha ha, it's not funny but you may already be thinking what I'm thinking; you are away for about nineteen hours in twenty-four hours and your house help is twenty-four hours with the kids and husband. What do you think wud happen when your husband needs you and.., he can't even find you around his every needs? Don't be surprise to return one day to notice that your house help is now the house wife (because that's what you made her) and you, become the house maid.
4. Who mothers the children and murders the real motherhood. Truth has it that a child's bond to their mother starts from childhood, don't sell it because of a job you could retain when lose but can not recover that bond when unattended to.
My advice to women is, they should drive steering clear of house helps and build their family as they want. The phrase 'had I known' is usually you knowing and hiding the truth afore now. Be wise, be discreet, be decisive, so you won't be chasing monkeys and lose the bananas.
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=17&t=334&st=0#entry614

In this life of ours, the good to the bad is estimated on a ratio of 10:90. Does that mean we should not live our lives? Whatever system adopted will have a monitoring system in place and with all thing committed to Gods hand. We shouldn't be living in fear or make people live in fear as that is a joy to the devil. Even real Christians pass through tribulations. Because some people had it bad with housemaids does not mean everyone will have it bad. There are many who had it good. All that is required is that before a maid is employed ensure a thorough spiritual background is carried out. Remeber that in our prayers we also pray to God to give us the grace to remain steadfast in Christ.
Please put everything in the hands of God with due diligence. Let's be chargeful other than being careful.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by eyinjuege: 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
Akinaukwa:
The worst these days are parents who patronize OLX to solicit for househelps. No matter how good a househelp may be, it can never be better off than the motherly role expected of every mother at home especially in nurturing the children.
Please tell the fathers to be more hardworking, and provide for their families.
Most women work out of necessity. You'll see them even earning majority or all of the family income, and they're still expected to be home with the children. How many jobs gives you money without taking your time? Even govt job doesn't give you time as most people assume, and their pay isn't great anyway.
Tell the men to work hard, and their wives will gladly stay home with the children, or start jobs that affords them time with the pay not being so great

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by lilyheaven: 12:06am On Aug 23, 2018
motun2017:
i can never get a househelp no matter how busy i am.
Really?
How are you doing it?
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by ImaIma1(f): 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2018
lilyheaven:

Really?
How are you doing it?

When she starts having children and she is working at the same time, the story will definitely change.

They think it is easy to do laundry, cook, clean the house go to the market and still be working. By the time the woman looks like a shadow of herself, it is the husband that will start looking for help.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by lilyheaven: 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2018
ImaIma1:

When she starts having children and she is working at the same time, the story will definitely change.

They think it is easy to do laundry, cook, clean the house go to the market and still be working. By the time the woman looks like a shadow of herself, it is the husband that will start looking for help.
I really need to learn how they are doing it. I want to apply their method.
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by ImaIma1(f): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2018
lilyheaven:

I really need to learn how they are doing it. I want to apply their method.

Some people have family that theu drop the child or children off with. What of those that don't habe mums or family that can help?

It is really what works for you that you do. Because we might be struggling to be like someone not knowing what else they are doing or what alternative help they have but do not say

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by lilyheaven: 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
ImaIma1:

Some people have family that theu drop the child or children off with. What of those that don't habe mums or family that can help?

It is really what works for you that you do. Because we might be struggling to be like someone not knowing what else they are doing or what alternative help they have but do not say
Ye! You are right, they won't tell us their mum or cousins are helping out.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by ibechris(m): 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2022
motun2017:
i can never get a househelp no matter how busy i am.

Pls,dey cool down no one is forcing u. If u can't afford it,just say it.

Wait till u are married...marriage will twist ur brain to "never say never".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf / Missing 3 Siblings In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.