Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? (931 Views)

Is Love A Feeling? Or Is It A Choice? / I Have A Feeling That Most Nairaland Guys Are Gays/bisexual. Proofs. / Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by mekaboy(m): 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
I have been wondering if love is actually a feeling and what people mean when they say they are in love is actually love. When a guy meets a girl and they both say they are so inluv, they always want to be around each other, holding each other and doing stuff together, they guy takes the girl out often, buys gifts, always want to talk on the phone with the girl. But soon as they are married, after a few years, that feeling or those actions gradually disapear, those that are married will confirm that they dont feel like doing those things anymur. Does it mean they are not inluv anymur ? when the guy goes out to meet another girl(FRESH GIRL) those feelings somehow comes back. So if the guy decides to continue doing those things he did for his wife when they were dating, he is doing it because he decides to and not because he feels like.

Please let me know your answers to the question, Is love a Feeling or Decision?
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by afrobaby(f): 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2010
I believe love is a feeling , and dis feeling when actually felt makes u to take a decision to stay with the person u feel it for. When the feelings begin to reduce, it is the decision that makes u to keep it
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by Demdem(m): 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2010
I strongly believe its a decision.
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by googles: 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
[size=13pt]of course love is a feeling !!![/size]
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by Krissykriss(m): 7:18pm On Feb 25, 2010
Guys vs Girls!
Guys: Decision.
Girls: Feeling.
Imma stick with d guys, DECISION!
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by adosjun(m): 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2010
We choose to luv those we love so i believe its a decision
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by ec3l(m): 7:54pm On Feb 25, 2010
Well, attraction, infatuation or crush which we normally inteprete as falling in love are mere feelings of euphoria that wear away with time or a while after honeymoon. But what keeps the relationship going after the fantasies are faded is the decision to stick by each other no matter how dark or clouded the day gets.
In nutshell, falling in love is a feeling but staying in love is a decision, so love is a bit of both afterall.
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by Krissykriss(m): 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Ec3l, wats wit all d grammar? Are u for, or against us?
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by ec3l(m): 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2010
Which grammar na? Krissykriss
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by Krissykriss(m): 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2010
Ecl3, read my first comment on this page again.
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by ec3l(m): 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2010
Nothing is wrong wif ur comment na? Or are u refering to its simplicity?
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by Krissykriss(m): 9:34am On Feb 26, 2010
Ec3l, ok lemme purrit dis way: u 4 d guys or d gurls?
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by ec3l(m): 10:51pm On Feb 26, 2010
Dude i'm a guy so i'm for the guys though i like girls betta
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by mekaboy(m): 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ok for those that say luv is a feeling, when the guy does not feel the same way towards the wife after marriage, he goes out to meet a new probably younger girl, he starts to feel the way he felt when he was just toasting or dating his wife, does it mean he is now in love with the new girl ?
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by Duniverse(m): 3:01pm On Feb 27, 2010
Its definatly feelings and not decision
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by tweetch(f): 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2010
it feeln bt you decide to stick all through wit the person
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by kvolander: 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2010
ec3l:

Well, attraction, infatuation or crush which we normally inteprete as falling in love are mere feelings of euphoria that wear away with time or a while after honeymoon. But what keeps the relationship going after the fantasies are faded is the decision to stick by each other no matter how dark or clouded the day gets.
In nutshell, falling in love is a feeling but staying in love is a decision, so love is a bit of both afterall.

Best answer so far.

Well for me, I think you should read 1 corinthians 13:4 - end, and you 'll get the best answer to that.

Hope you've heard about LUST as well. LUST is a feeling while LOVE is decision and also a feeling.
LOVE becomes a feeling when you become sexually attracted to someone you fancy some much that you want to get married (as a single person) OR someone you are married to(as a married person).
However, LOVE should always be a DECISION when you are dealing with someone you are NOT sexually attracted to. Also, like someone stated above, if you are no more seually attracted to your wife later in your marriage, then it's no more a feeling and should therefore be a decision.

The problem with many divorces we see today is because their LOVE is based on only feeling.

Hope this answers your questions.
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by mekaboy(m): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2010
@Kv i agree with you to an extent, but i disagree when u say that love is a feeling when u are sexualy attracted to someone u luv, because you can be sexually attracted to your wife and to someone else. i think once sexual attraction is involved we are talking about LUST, because sometimes u like a girl and your crazy about her until u have had sex a number of times then you get tired of her and wonder why u went through all this stress, and at that time if someone asks you, u can swear ur inlove with her.
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by afrobaby(f): 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2010
dia is no way u can make a decision on soomething u dont av a feeling for, what decision
loving someone is a feeling,staying with the person through thick and thin cos u love that person is a decision
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2010
I think it's both!

It takes a feeling to fall in love. After the lovey-dovey stage, when you start noticing some irritating traits, it take a decision to stay in love! undecided
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by otokx(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2010
on the short term its a feeling but on the long term its a decision.
Re: Is Love A Feeling Or A Decision? by mekaboy(m): 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2010
what we call love and feel, can be felt for more than one person, but the decision will make u stick to one person. in other words the main love is a decision.

(1) (Reply)

Its Ok 4 Women 2 Dance Wit Each Other& Not B Gay.u Dnt See Str8 Men Dancin 2geda / Help / 's3x' As Archor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.