Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? (1863 Views)

Define Your Boy/girlfriend/wife In 3 Words / Pet Names U Call Ur Boy/girlfriend / What Name Did U Save Your Boy/girlfriend's Name As On Your Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by deluxecad(m): 1:16am On Mar 01, 2010
Come to think of it, the many hearts that have been rent, the careers that have suffered, the emotions that have been so badly seared, the never ending suspicion and all the anxiety and questions flooding Nairaland and other forums of the same sort, is it really worth it to be in a relationship? Not to be cynical anyway. Does it make any sense to embark on something you well know might ultimately mar your good self and place you on the edge at all times? Is it not better to not give anyone your heart and just be mere friends that have nothing to lose in the end? Would you rather date when you aren't ready to settle down considering the dangers it's fraught with? Be realistic now.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by Nobody: 2:22am On Mar 01, 2010
I understand why you are saying just like Marriage too? why get married when the man is eventually going to mess about with 28yr old girls and eventually kill his wife with either HIV or HBP? 50% of marriages end up in the divorce courts. I guess we like to believe our own love affair/Marriage will be different and will last forever(however long that is).
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by daduke2k(m): 3:30am On Mar 01, 2010
Gbam
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by deluxecad(m): 7:26am On Mar 01, 2010
@Ebonyeyes: So is it worth the headache?
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 01, 2010
Yes and No.

Yes because, the person may be be our other half and God sent

No because the person may be the Devil himself and they deserve to die a horrible death and burn in hell.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by Secretz(f): 8:19am On Mar 01, 2010
Lol

I suppose we all need to start staying in tune with our instincts. Some people just simply don't deserve others.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by Tinksh(f): 8:50am On Mar 01, 2010
Great question poster. Am interested to read replies too. I chose to be single for a long time and loved the drama free life, then i chose to not be single and i am wondering what the hell i was thinking!! Once your in its really hard to get out. If you enjoy other peoples drama and games then go for a relationship. If not, enjoy the good life!

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by 190: 9:17am On Mar 01, 2010
xcept u dont want to be married you certainly dont need a GF ~
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by Secretz(f): 9:18am On Mar 01, 2010
^^^
Is that really 190? Writing something that makes a little sense? O ga oooo. The heavens have opened. Lol
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 01, 2010
Yes,we do to complement our differences and have a good companion to rely on but the problem is too many deceitful people in this world,Love and Relationship is good not speaking from experience.but i know it is cuz ave been told bout it
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by DOAweb(m): 10:40am On Mar 01, 2010
@Poster - Nope, we really don't, but we all need some loving though. tongue tongue

Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by 190: 10:45am On Mar 01, 2010
Secretz:

^^^
Is that really 190? Writing something that makes a little sense? O ga oooo. The heavens have opened. Lol

You are welkome
I give quality responses every tyme
and evry1 knows this, its just that they havent really opened their eyes
to see the quality solutions i give them~
and please the heavens havent opened fully yet
cos if it has then i would have brought my hyundai elantra by now!
its partly opening and still does~
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by henryhemon(m): 10:56am On Mar 01, 2010
For me i think being single comes with it a good feeling and i think we are all afraid of heart breaks,but again,having a good gf/bf has a better advantage than being single.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by Duniverse(m): 11:05am On Mar 01, 2010
henryhemon:

For me i think being single comes with it a good feeling and i think we are all afraid of heart breaks,but again,having a good gf/bf has a better advantage than being single.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by Duniverse(m): 11:15am On Mar 01, 2010
There's nothing like exposure. For me i think its adviceable to have a girl friend.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by Duniverse(m): 11:16am On Mar 01, 2010
There's nothing like exposure. For me i think its adviceable to have a girl friend.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by Duniverse(m): 11:16am On Mar 01, 2010
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by 190: 11:31am On Mar 01, 2010
^^
dude u posted that like 5tymes
is that necesary~
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by DOAweb(m): 11:39am On Mar 01, 2010
190:

^^
dude u posted that like 5tymes
is that necesary~

Just about saying the same thing- wot is all that about
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by MissyB1(m): 11:47am On Mar 01, 2010
Do I Really Need A Boyfriend?

At some point, Yez! Whether it ends as I desire or not, Dating is fun while it lasts.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by Kelvinj(m): 11:51am On Mar 01, 2010
Well, sometimes we just dnt want 2 be in a r/ship but blive me whether we like it or no its necessary cos thatz how God made it 4rm d on set. If not HE wouldnt deem it necessary 2 send eve 2 adam
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by pinkylady1(f): 12:09pm On Mar 01, 2010
deluxecad:

Come to think of it, the many hearts that have been rent, the careers that have suffered, the emotions that have been so badly seared, the never ending suspicion and all the anxiety and questions flooding Nairaland and other forums of the same sort, is it really worth it to be in a relationship? Not to be cynical anyway. Does it make any sense to embark on something you well know might ultimately mar your good self and place you on the edge at all times? Is it not better to not give anyone your heart and just be mere friends that have nothing to lose in the end? Would you rather date when you aren't ready to settle down considering the dangers it's fraught with? Be realistic now.

to be sincere, i've asked my self this question times without number but i cant seem to find an answer.

i've always thot it wise to be alone without all those suferings that comes with relationship but i guess there are somethings we can't

stop from happening, things we cant overlook
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by deluxecad(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2010
@pc guru: U need 2 hav been in a relationship first b4 u comment. Not hearsay.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by techJ: 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2010
because hearts are broken, does it mean one can not love again. The fact that hearts are broken shows that it wasn't meant to be which means it is not love in the first place. The truth is, will you not try to succeed because you are afraid of failure (sure you answer is no). Love is beautiful, try it with you heart (not your head or your groins) and you will enjoy it.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by r231(m): 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2010
techJ:

because heart are broken, does it mean one can not love again. The fact that heart are broken shows that it wasn't meant to be which means it is not love in the first place. The truth is, will you not try to succeed because you are afraid of failure (sure you answer is know). Love is beautiful, try it with you heart (not your head or your groins) and you will enjoy it.

good point
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by techJ: 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2010
thanks r231
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by lovemoi2(f): 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2010
nope

u can fuccck someone without strings attached or commitment
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by 28Schweet(f): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2010
shocked no u don't need a boyfriend or girlfriend (if you're outta your mind that is), but you need someone to share your burdens with, your happiness, accomplishments and most importantly you need someone to multiply your seed with.

Just cause you don't want something, it doesn't mean you don't need it. Sometimes people get hurt etc, in relationships because they are with the wrong 'person'. If you don't have the same goals, interests, drives, with the person that you're with, then what's the point of being with that person.

You have to chat before sex, and after the sex, no relationship will survive without communication & lets face it, no one likes sleeping in a big ole bed by themselves (unless ur 1 of the wierdos on here),
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by ec3l(m): 6:32pm On Mar 01, 2010
hmm, we all know that every good song definitely ends but that never stopped us from collecting the next albums in the store.

The eagle is attracted to the sunrise even though it knows the sun will still set.

Life is like a song, love makes it beautiful, and the places where love is found (in the heart of family, the smile of a friend, in the laughters of children and sometimes, in the eyes of a partner) the heart of every human, evil or good, great or small, is drawn towards.

And that's why, no matter how dramatic and sour the last relationship turned out, no matter how hard we decide to shut out love, we find ourselves swept off our feet by it every once in a while.
So u ask if we really need relationships? Yep, we do otherwise meet people who's tried life without.
Human beings are never meant to be alone, ask God why He gave Adam an Eve.
Every relationship counts, even its just for the experience.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by deluxecad(m): 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2010
Wow! That's poetic.
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by lanray88(m): 3:38am On Mar 02, 2010
just dey chop am as dem dey come: my landlord's daughter, two seperate family friends, your lecturer's daughter, your pastor's daughter, Mama Put's sexy daughter, even where we dey drink beer self, Iya Alaje's fine daughter, same naa ni.

Apon ni mii, all the girls for my areeeaaaa, ni mo n ba sere!!
Re: Do We Really Need A Boy/girlfriend? by bluespice(f): 4:56am On Mar 02, 2010
i'm on the fence poster, although i could be said to lean quite heavily on to your side. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Cheat / But Why Do Guys Look At Women As S.e:x Object? / Please Help, How Can I Explain This? It's Urgent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.