Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos (29076 Views)

Saraki Looking At Buhari At APC Convention This Way Again (Photos) / FG Vs Dino Melaye: Senator "Tears Eyes" Again (Photos) / "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi Lies Again (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by dainformant(m): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2017
Four days going as youth that play host to ExxonMobil barricaded all routes leading to the company operational facilities blocking all vehicular activities including the company helipad insisting that the company must meet all their demands as contained in the series of letters they sent before the blockage can be lifted.

They expressed displeasure on the lukewarm attitude of the management of the company for treating their concern with levity, promising to frustrate any deal or negotiation that is contrary to the demands of the host communities.

According to one of the youth who spoke on condition of anonymity stated there is the world where oil is explore and the host communities lived in penury with decay infrastructure. "I have never seen any where in the world where oil is drill and the people of the area lived in self pity. This is only happening in Akwa Ibom State because of our peaceful disposition. We will never fold our arms and watch our God given resources being used to develop other areas while our people are watching from the sideline," he emphasized.

The youth demanded for relocation of ExxonMobil operational office to the host communities, employment of indigenes in the company, empowerment of youth in the area, provision of infrastructural facilities among others.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/09/youths-dance-round-coffin-ambush-oil-company-akwa-ibom-photos.html

4 Likes

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by dainformant(m): 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2017

1 Share

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by auntysimbiat(f): 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Evablizin(f): 9:33pm On Sep 16, 2017
Naso.net
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by elantraceey(f): 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2017
Inasmuch as some of them there are just looking for their pockets, their demands is not too much to ask.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Blizzy9ja: 9:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
Asking them to move their HQ to the region is not a bad one... if you cant have your hq here den quit exploring the resources... Go and explore wherever you have your HQ... At least they have water you can explore d water and export it

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Wisebird22(m): 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2017
it stil ongoin at eket,last week the yous at ibeno came abt 5:10 am and droped two caskets in fron of the gates and they wer given a token and d went home...av been to ibeno there ais no presenc felt by the ibeno comumity...it just nw der are constructin roads for dem,no good primary skol,no hospital etc,inshort the elders of the community hav mortage d futuers for cheap imatiriaals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by dainformant(m): 10:00am On Sep 17, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by aybabz101: 11:03am On Sep 17, 2017
Wisebird22:
it stil ongoin at eket,last week the yous at ibeno came abt 5:10 am and droped two caskets in fron of the gates and they wer given a token and d went home...av been to ibeno there ais no presenc felt by the ibeno comumity...it just nw der are constructin roads for dem,no good primary skol,no hospital etc,inshort the elders of the community hav mortage d futuers for cheap imatiriaals

"last week the yous at ibeno came abt 5:10 am and droped two caskets in fron of the gates and they wer given a token and d went home"- i think u've said it all. all their actions is to extort money from this company. the oil company should build road? i dont disagree wit u dat these companies ar to embark on community development projects especially in a poor continent like africa. but d fact is it's not their responsibility. in as much they perform their duties in form of taxes, gratifications, and obey d laws of the land. they should take the caskets to uyo and protest agaist d government concentrating all her efforts in uyo only.

7 Likes

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Narldon: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by DanielsParker(m): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2017
I wonder what the protest is for? ExxonMobil is in their land and so what?

ExxonMobil is an American multinational oil and gas corporation not even indigenous
undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by MhizzAJ(f): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
Today's youth eh

2 Likes

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Flashh: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
No sense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by logadims: 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
please friends I have limited time on this contest and I need your
votes(likes,comments and tag friends) please click on the link
below to like the photo.. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1402630973185426&id=1274319089349949 thanks...

it's ending today!!!! please let's help him win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
Wisebird22:

someone from uyo should pls decode these message for others to understand

6 Likes

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
As long as it doesn't degenerate into a violent scuffle, they are within the ambits of the law.

This should be youths in the Eket-Ibono axis; little wonder it seems comparatively calm. With Oro Nation youths it would have been, well, more tense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Kenmoris22: 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
Useless idiots Na now day break

1 Like

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by emeijeh(m): 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
Who cut off your tongue?
Wisebird22:

3 Likes

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2017
Unek ifot..

May dem bring dat mobil come, so does pigs and idiots no go dey carry lagos dey lie gv us

2 Likes

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by free2ryhme: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
dainformant:
Four days going as youth that play host to ExxonMobil barricaded all routes leading to the company operational facilities blocking all vehicular activities including the company helipad insisting that the company must meet all their demands as contained in the series of letters they sent before the blockage can be lifted.

They expressed displeasure on the lukewarm attitude of the management of the company for treating their concern with levity, promising to frustrate any deal or negotiation that is contrary to the demands of the host communities.

According to one of the youth who spoke on condition of anonymity stated there is the world where oil is explore and the host communities lived in penury with decay infrastructure. "I have never seen any where in the world where oil is drill and the people of the area lived in self pity. This is only happening in Akwa Ibom State because of our peaceful disposition. We will never fold our arms and watch our God given resources being used to develop other areas while our people are watching from the sideline," he emphasized.

The youth demanded for relocation of ExxonMobil operational office to the host communities, employment of indigenes in the company, empowerment of youth in the area, provision of infrastructural facilities among others.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/09/youths-dance-round-coffin-ambush-oil-company-akwa-ibom-photos.html

these are not youths but peoples ancestors

not everyone is a youth

1 Like

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
As amana isong eyen Akwa Ibom.
Me know say, final final, money go change hand, and this people go dey praise dem. Mobil, dem go even dey form mobile supporters club to fight other people wey go wan come carry coffin come collect their share.
South South people
We are our greatest enemies shaa
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by popsyleo1: 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2017
Operation scorpion jump loading

1 Like

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by tosyne2much(m): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Today's youth eh
And to think that these are the leaders of tomorrow amuses me
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by fk001(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
The host community always act in a hostile manner when anything goes wrong.

The companies will not be safe there
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by allcomage: 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
it has no effects. take your destiny in your hands. stop the oil flow or join biafra agitation to have 100% control of your resources. in the next 3 years oil will be worthless as all auto makers are going into full swing of mass production of rechargeable/electric vehicles.
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by allcomage: 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
it has no effects. take your destiny in your hands. stop the oil flow or join biafra agitation to have 100% control of your resources. in the next 3 years oil will be worthless as all auto makers are going into full swing of mass production of rechargeable/electric vehicles come 2018.
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by jrusky(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
I support them 100% these people are the only people in Nigeria that has the right to agitate for anything because they sit on top oil and they are bring neglected and all their lands was shattered due ti uncontrolled oil dpillage over their water and soil I really pity these people a lot so anyday anytime I support SS demanding for anything.

3 Likes

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by goldenceo1: 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
Burutai dey sleep, Niger Delta youth Dey go wake am.... I comment my reserve for operation Crocodile Smile Season 11 Dance....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by baby124: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
I hope if they relocate, all the indegenes of akwa Ibom in Lagos will relocate out of Lagos too.
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
hope this useless government will not extend their egwu eke to akwa ibom... because our coward stupid sojas are looking for innocent blood to drink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy / Dr. Maduka Commiserates With Ike Ekweremadu Over Death Of Brother / Betta Edu: When Obasanjo, Yar'adua Were Presidents - TonyeBarcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.