Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (47768 Views)

How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2017
PaperLace:
Very silly thread that makes it look like men are angels in marriages. While there are women with caustic mouths, there are men wired like that too.

My husband's mouth is corrosive, his subordinates once asked how I cope. He came back asking me if his mouth is that bad.
Something he inherited from his father.

Maybe I should start dishing him one or two slaps.

Any sensible married person knows how to tactically handle his or her spouse. Majority of people commenting are obviously not married. Silly thread once again.

Nobody has said men are angels. The point is that we must weight all the factors before deciding who the aggressor truly is. It could be either of the marriage mates. What we are against is simply blaming the man by default.

Ps Your mouth is obvious corrosive too.

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2017
Angelovic96:

no doubt there are good men and women out there like my one and only in here! even when your angry she laughing and petting you at the end you have no reason but to laugh out your sorrow!

Your spouses and mothers are always good.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
dicefrost:

Nobody has said men are angels. The point is that we must weight all the factors before deciding who the aggressor truly is. It could be either of the marriage mates. What we are against is simply blaming the man by default.

Ps Your mouth is obvious corrosive too.

I learnt from the head of the home.

dicefrost:

Please feel free to dish him one or two slaps next time he is out of line. But just make sure you win the fight that follows. Don't come here with pictures of swollen eyes to beg for sympathy

Same way he should make sure he doesn't end up eating food seasoned with rat poison. The cat and dog fight might continue till one person ends up dead.

That's why marriage is for tolerant, mature and forgiving people. Not kids who believe in an eye for an eye.

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
PaperLace:

Must you always pause that understanding part of your brain before quoting? I never supported the woman or the man. I simply said, don't hit your spouse _male/female!

Is that difficult for you to understand?

It isn't a crime because she is still breathing. At the rate you youths of this generation are going, you will kill yourselves in marriage. May my kids not be part of this insanity.
. .All this insult u gave me was just because I said we should learn to call a spade what it is,abi? Well no wahala keep it up sis.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by SalomonKane: 10:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
PaperLace:

The thread is obviously about a man beating his insulting and confrontational wife. Did you read a different post Josefu?

I'm also sure you won't vomit this garbage if it were a woman beating her husband. Will you? You'll probably open that you head and see sense in why I said couples should employ tact in their dealings.
I read the exact post and the wife got what she deserve. Life is always about course and effect. And yes, I'll vomit this same beautiful garbage if it was a woman beating her husband, afterall, no sane man or woman will wake up and starting beating his wife or her husband.

Shey u hear me well well Oyin?
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by TinaAnita(f): 10:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
dicefrost:

I totally disagree with you. If there is no justification for a man hitting a woman, then there is no justification for a woman to verbally abuse a man. If he continues to walk away from the insult, it ll only be eating him up inside. I find it offensive that you tactfully excused the woman's madness and blame the man for not walking away. You are in effect saying that men should continuously endure domestic abuse because they are physically stronger? You think that a woman's words do not do emotional harm? Is it just the man who should be understanding and reasonable? Should the woman not learn to respect her head?

I agree with you absolutely
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
PaperLace:

I will always say it, my husband is a nice man. I have never faulted that, point is _he has a bad mouth! That's the truth that he knows. I have also shared how I contained his bad mouth,without violence.

I remember how you jumped on that comment like you sighted an anticipated prey. You never applauded that, instead you lashed out at me for encouraging the guy to be patient with his wife. I remember how I was a role model wife that day, because I didn't dish him one or two slaps.

Now you are on this one again. Stop mas/tur/bating to my comment. It's irritating.

Answer this question yourself. You have a penchant for typing before understanding.

Please feel free to dish him one or two slaps next time he is out of line. But just make sure you win the fight that follows. Don't come here with pictures of swollen eyes to beg for sympathy

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by TinaAnita(f): 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
hotspec:
Women suck. Imagine someone giving out your old phone(back up) out to her brother without u aware
That was d genesis of a domestic crisis I was called to settle ds morning

Hehehe
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by officialmcfresh1(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
Shut up that mouth you're using to say no matter what a woman says to a man. Why must say those nonsense, don't you know words have power and you can kill a man with just words. Go and tell your own blood brother rubbish and see if he will walk away. Nonsense.

If men must learn to be mature enough to walk away from a woman then the woman must learn to shut up and respect the man. We all humans and no one deserves to be violated physically or emotionally.

Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Engaging in a fisticuffs with a woman is wrong and should be condemned.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by encrypt(m): 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Your points are valid but i always say this. You do not sleep with a snake and then act surprised when it bites you. Neither do you poke a bear and expect it not to react.
You have no idea what it means to be provoked trust me.. It's different from being just angry
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by ssogundele(m): 10:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

"very few men are victims of domestic violence (DV)" wrong! Many men are victims of worst form of DVl. Caustic words from women does more damage than blows and punches. Women uses there mouth to remove every resemblance of human from their men with their cutting remark and incentives and expect an Angel Gabriel of a man abi?
Women, help your man to be a better person with your seasoned and up building words!

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Cannonleo(m): 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

I should run because she is angry, what rubbish

I have experienced a whole lot of verbal. And even physical abuse by women in my area so your assertion holds no water
Jeez

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by AbuMikey(m): 10:45pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

You are never making sense.

Never!

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
nikkyshyne:
@evaberry easier said to walk away. Men are humans with blood running thru their veins and can get physical when pushed to the wall. They are known to have ego. Woe betide the person who tries to tarnish that image. Bottom line, it only takes the grace of God.
God bless you. Each gender have got what they need and want. A woman is care, love respect and sometime sex, a man is respect and sex first. A man is wired to want respect whilst most women are wired to be pampered
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by cartoona(m): 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
imam07:
Sorry are u married? Because u said it as if it is easy like that. U can't know all your wife's characters in 30 years of marriage,so how will u know everything about the person u want to mary. A woman call hide all her bad behaviour until she is married and start to display them.
well said
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
elantraceey:
Some women can bring out the beast in a lamb
God bless your kind again!!!
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by imustsaymymindo: 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
If it was a much stronger man that did all what that woman did, he would not fight back. smiley The best thing is to have this psychological view of your wife as a stronger man to avoid domestic violence. There are better ways to punish a woman that she would put her in discomfort, which in turn would lead to communication and attitudinal changes, ultimately saving the marriage.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
Melakuchikala:
It is not that so easy to walk away as a man but for the sake of regrets later u just have to. What if the woman had died in the process? Will the wife's rantings have justified that? It is better they just divorce than resulting to death cos the law will not smile so beautifully at him or give him a pat at the back.
a man walks away comes back home and still meet same poo. How una dey reason self. What's wrong in being a peaceful human being. So the woman wey start fight should be left alone. Na wao
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by QuietHammer(m): 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
Fortissimo502:
Hmmm
Pianissimo
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
betty616:
We ladies should mind our mouth. Just as we expect a man to have self control not to hit us, we should also have self control when it comes to talking to men and daring them. Weaker vessels or not, we both should respect each other.
you are blessed.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
PaperLace:
Very silly thread that makes it look like men are angels in marriages. While there are women with caustic mouths, there are men wired like that too.

My husband's mouth is corrosive, his subordinates once asked how I cope. He came back asking me if his mouth is that bad.
Something he inherited from his father.

Maybe I should start dishing him one or two slaps.

Any sensible married person knows how to tactically handle his or her spouse. Majority of people commenting are obviously not married. Silly thread once again.
thank u o

In my case my mouth is very sharp but I am definitely not abusive and i respect him really well in public. He has learnt to practise the waka pass thing (he will just ignore me) when I am being really rubbish and after 30 mins I would have forgotten what I was fighting about which usually makes me feel really silly.
Violence is not the answer. Has never been and will never be. Be a man, walk away, learn to ignore or just plant a kiss on her nagging mouth...I promise you, she will apologize herself
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by imam07: 11:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
PaperLace:

Of course I have to be the problem and he is a saint. Going by your wack logic, this man is obviously his wife's problem. Why is no one advising him to calm her down?

Always caused by women my foot.
Tell that to the unmarried and stupid people.
I'm none of the above.
Go back and read the story again. I don't think you understand the story the way u responded to guys comments.
And you don't sound like a married woman. Is lady like u will not take any shit from your daughter in law.
I can't just come home and start beating my wife, even if there is a reason. Don't abuse my mum and don't tell me I don't love my kids if u don't want trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
benedictac:

This is exactly the same thing happening in my compound. everyone even me is quick to judge the husband until I got to know them better. the woman is a pain as in a pain kai. This early morning I heard the man telling the wife to get out of the bathroom as he was there and probably avoiding another fracas my people, this woman became a parrot. I had to call him on phone and begged him to just ignore her. he eventually left the house for church leaving the wife and son behind. Some women are just the problem of their homes walahi
men attached to this kind of women, who don't take a fast walk don't go far in life!!! The woman knows clearly what she is doing. Women are spirit... check the records of the bible. From eve, a woman who her husband gave instruction not to eat a fruit but disobeyed. Any woman that cannot listen to a man will lead that man to doom.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by TheSociopath(m): 11:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

You don't have any brain at all

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by lozanni(m): 11:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
Hahaha cheesy

LOL. It might sound funny, but too much of certain hormones in the body can cause aggression and even irrational behavior in both males and females.
I guess there will be ways of treating the above anomaly through medical science.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by otdollar(m): 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

a man who is preparing 2 go 2 church 2 go out and rest somewhere?... wat if it happened on Monday morning koor....abeg let us call a spade a spade, d woman is a devil and she deserved something worse than that

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by inkdbetty(f): 11:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Is there really anything like a second hand man in the real sense of the word? You know women are disadvantaged in cases like this. A divorced woman with such attitude and a broke set of teeth .........,.mehn, that is a whole lot of baggage.

Well, you are right, considering the society we live in and they way people think and take things. But if you do not look at it through the sexist and bias eyes of society, you will realise that both parties are in truth second hand, passed down from one person to another person.

What the woman did was unnecessary sha, (could be her village people sef) the man was provoked and you except nothing of a typical NigeriaN man, they do not enjoy insults and jabs their ego, they will fight you.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
But sincerely, most of the people I see here commenting and disrespecting women makes me understand why some of their wives turn to parrot at home. You guys just drive her up the wall and she gets frustrated and talks and talks her frustration away...then you claim you married a spirit.
A little secret, very few women properly loved and respected behave like this. Na frustration cause am.
The op only saw the wife calling the man a pig...do u know if he sleeps with their maid? Just pointing out...you don't know what the genesis of the problem is, you just saw the result.

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by imustsaymymindo: 11:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
@op, dicefrost. Dont let your mentality change abeg. One thing you need to understand is that there are 3 ways people react when they are angry. They either take on direct aggression, indirect aggression or withdrawal. Men, tend to be directly aggresive, a large majority of women are indirectly aggressive showing it through strong verbal words, gossips and other forms and the last is withdrawal.

But, personally. Out of these 3, the one I hate most is withdrawal. I prefer you reign a lot of abuses on me, nag from morning to night, infact, you can beat me up. But if you continually withdraw from me when I do something wrong and never get to tell me, I would end that relationship one day. Because withdrawal leads to lack of communication and this is the beginning of.....

The truth is that issues of direct and indirect aggression can be properly managed with proper communication. In fact, if your wife slaps you and you dont respond back and instead communicate your displeasure when she is most comfortable, I doubt if she would ever try it again. But if you respond, you guys might become the next Anthony Joshua and the other boxer. Sames go for verbal aggression.

But then again, people are different.

Lastly, to prevent aggression, let us always talk about issues that we are unhappy about with her partners frequently. Unless, we keep them in our hearts, and one day when the devil is happy, we pour it all out through the various means of aggression.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
Treasuredlove:
thank u o

In my case my mouth is very sharp but I am definitely not abusive and i respect him really well in public. He has learnt to practise the waka pass thing (he will just ignore me) when I am being really rubbish and after 30 mins I would have forgotten what I was fighting about which usually makes me feel really silly.
Violence is not the answer. Has never been and will never be. Be a man, walk away, learn to ignore or just plant a kiss on her nagging mouth...I promise you, she will apologize herself

Hahahaha. I like as you admitted, that's exactly how he admits _and I like him for that. My hubby can go on and on about something, you begin to wonder what he is on about. I had to learn to ignore, I realised two people no dey mad at the same time. Then I talk about it when he is calm. Only a spouse from hell won't change with time.

People don't know the power in silence.

This woman was obviously confrontational, so__ I can understand his defence, though taken too far. Maybe if she had dashed into the house and stabbed him, one person will now rest (in peace).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
lozanni:

Sexual frustration has really set in for the woman. This might really be what is causing her anger, as the husband is not satisfying her sexually, she lost total control and went on an uncontrollable rant and was abusing her husband. I wonder if she is experiencing a hormonal imbalance, estrogen, somewhat like the hen that chases away another hen that is lying on top of eggs it had laid, just to claim it.
The woman should have sat with her husband to discuss the above issue, as things like fruits (carrots, bananas, date palm, plaintain), good excersise(jogging, skipping, lifting little weights), good pre-intimacy and sexual technique can help him overcome the problem of weak sexual performance.
The above is true for most couples as they, always fail to discuss their sex lives, which is very important.
logical tho. I know ladies get maddest when they are turned down sexually or not satisfied but does she have to humiliate her husband publicly. Any woman that can cover the inadequacies of her husband is not a virtuous woman. For instance, why call a man you know is trying his best to provide for his family jobless publicly because he has no job and can't do as much as you wish for. That man may find it hard to break through no matter how hard he tries

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson / Picture: Is This Love Or Madness? Men What Do You Call This! / Reason Why Tiv Men Offer Their Wives To Their Guest? True Story Or Fable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.