Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (47545 Views)

How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by NevetsIbot(m): 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Engaging in a fisticuffs with a woman is wrong and should be condemned.

you are a very foooolish person. and I'm just being considerate with my insult.

oloriburuku

8 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2017
luminouz:

I get!!
But u n me working together sounds fun..our homes goan be peaceful....don't u think?? grin

LOL. You sound like a bad boy... grin

dicefrost:

that is why i said that if you provoke a physical confrontation, make sure you win the ensuing fight. both male and female

Your 'followers' are definitely not seeing it that way.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by ObaKlaz: 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

I think you should stick to LindaIkeji'sblog. This garbage you've typed would go down well with other moronic ladies there.

6 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by FIDELITY24(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
Shout out to the op for sharing this, in my own opinion 90 percent of domestic violence experience are cause by women. They play the victim and the society buys into it, but in the background they are started the abuse first. Its also very vital that we the men learn to control our temper and emotions.

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
humeeh:
I'm doing fine...how abouh u?....Ehhn ehn,biko,all these pet names of yours,which dictionary dem dey?
Lmaooooo!!!
U always know how to make me laugh!!
Well....I get them from my heart tongue
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 8:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
humeeh:
Hian!!Konga boo nko?
Lmaooooo
Na jumia boo me want!! tongue
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2017
[quote author=pocohantas post=60560589]

shocked shocked
Haba...ask around on NL na....my rep as a gentleman is airtight!!! grin
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2017
HaneefahRN:

Abi o, a man that cheats is also emotionally abusing the wife let's not even talk about all the risks he is exposing her to.
Still doesn't justify violence.

If the wife's tongue lashing is unbearable even after some measures had been taken to make her change then divorce her. Rather than behaving like a lunatic
Be like say u don chop better slaps before abi undecided
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Mrjo(m): 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

go out bare footed? And relax where? Tomorrow u nw call him cheat

7 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by OrdercityWeb: 8:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ayinke93:
I don't judge men that get physical with thier wives until I hear the man's side of d story.. I'm a lady and I'm saying this from my heart.
I grew up having first hand experience of my mum insulting my dad badly, her mouth is very sharp and she insults and slaps him at the slightest provocation. Infact there are times I get very angry and talk to her badly. I grew up seeing my mum very rude and it had a bad influence on our relationship... Even till now, we are not close at all. Although the all scenario made me grow up to be more reasonable with handling issues with men, but it has as some bad influence on me... Sometimes I tend to shout at my bf because that was the only means of communication I saw my mother use growing up..
Women should be calm and learn to briddle your tongues.. My parents are still married today all because of my dad.. He's the calm one but my mom is a story for another day.
Till date I'm still work in progress when it comes to handling issues because I learnt everything I know about character and manners outside home.. Thanks to the good friends I made in school.
A woman should be an home keeper... Men don't just beat unless something triggers them.. Unless of course u married a psycho.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by cartoona(m): 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
Both gender re implicated but its more tilted to men. Bad temper is the main culprits for most men and funny enough they don't realize that women are blessed with their tongue...solution is to look before you leap.
Make sure to access the person you want to marry well.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Sierusvirus(m): 8:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
dicefrost:

I totally disagree with you. If there is no justification for a man hitting a woman, then there is no justification for a woman to verbally abuse a man. If he continues to walk away from the insult, it ll only be eating him up inside. I find it offensive that you tactfully excused the woman's madness and blame the man for not walking away. You are in effect saying that men should continuously endure domestic abuse because they are physically stronger? You think that a woman's words do not do emotional harm? Is it just the man who should be understanding and reasonable? Should the woman not learn to respect her head?
Well said bro, I dont pity them at all cos they are the devil

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by imam07: 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
The funniest part is those that have never experienced marriage in their lives, are the ones that always jump into conclusion.
A man who has never experience domestic violence from his wife will always follow others to condemn men.
I know some men are to be blame but there are many evil wives out there that are ready to frustrate live out of the their husband. Many men are out there with high blood pressure caused by their wife. No wonder most men die before their time and before their wife.

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ayinke93:
I don't judge men that get physical with thier wives until I hear the man's side of d story.. I'm a lady and I'm saying this from my heart.
I grew up having first hand experience of my mum insulting my dad badly, her mouth is very sharp and she insults and slaps him at the slightest provocation. Infact there are times I get very angry and talk to her badly. I grew up seeing my mum very rude and it had a bad influence on our relationship... Even till now, we are not close at all. Although the all scenario made me grow up to be more reasonable with handling issues with men, but it has as some bad influence on me... Sometimes I tend to shout at my bf because that was the only means of communication I saw my mother use growing up..
Women should be calm and learn to briddle your tongues.. My parents are still married today all because of my dad.. He's the calm one but my mom is a story for another day.
Till date I'm still work in progress when it comes to handling issues because I learnt everything I know about character and manners outside home.. Thanks to the good friends I made in school.
A woman should be an home keeper... Men don't just beat unless something triggers them.. Unless of course u married a psycho.
Waooooooo....u really impressed me!
Too bad u have a bf!! tongue
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
NevetsIbot:

you are a very foooolish person. and I'm just being considerate with my insult.

oloriburuku
Lmaooooo
Ur still considerate like this shocked
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

hahahah oga why Na are you my mouth piece
. No na,the lashing don too much na.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by imam07: 8:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
cartoona:
Both gender re implicated but its more tilted to men. Bad temper is the main culprits for most men and funny enough they don't realize that women are blessed with their tongue...solution is to look before you leap.
Make sure to access the person you want to marry well.
Sorry are u married? Because u said it as if it is easy like that. U can't know all your wife's characters in 30 years of marriage,so how will u know everything about the person u want to mary. A woman call hide all her bad behaviour until she is married and start to display them.

5 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by tosyne2much(m): 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
benedima1990:

well said but Wat if the guy leaves the compound and relax for a while like you've adviced but later the woman still refuses to let him enter his house like she did in the morning. or maybe he even tried to wait to evening before coming back but the wife is still angry, what will you advice.

BTW... I have seen a situation where the woman stops the man from going to work on Monday morning by throwing his car key in a well, locked the door with key and threw the key out of the window saying the man should do his worse. what will u also advice here.
I think ths issue here is that many women perpetuate evil under the cover of "it's not right to best a woman"

So women will bruise your ego, disgrace and embarrass you until your patience is stressed to the end point, and by the time you retaliate, people will be quick to label you an irresponsible man without wanting to hear your own side of the story

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by tete7000(m): 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

You definitely must be one of those women who provoke men to anger and expect no reaction. The natural law is: to every action, there is equal and opposite reaction; what a person sows, he/she reaps. Violence begets violence. If you want peace, stay away from trouble. You might not be able to handle reactions from provocation.

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by rifasenate11(m): 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

shataap dier. condemn the woman first for killing his husband's image just like that. if the man was the one that abused the woman verbally like that. would she ever step out as woman again. nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

I beg to disagree ma.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Rolandken(m): 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
dicefrost:

I totally disagree with you. If there is no justification for a man hitting a woman, then there is no justification for a woman to verbally abuse a man. If he continues to walk away from the insult, it ll only be eating him up inside. I find it offensive that you tactfully excused the woman's madness and blame the man for not walking away. You are in effect saying that men should continuously endure domestic abuse because they are physically stronger? You think that a woman's words do not do emotional harm? Is it just the man who should be understanding and reasonable? Should the woman not learn to respect her head?
As for me, the day a woman insults me verbally in public, or raises her hands to attack me as her husband, I wont touch her. That's too simple. I would spend money to invite police men to lock her up for two days. At the end of those two days, she leaves my house to her father's house right from the cell.
Case closed.
Next case please.

Too harsh abi? Just kidding but just as a man shouldnt hit his wife, a woman shudnt hit or verbally insult her husband. If she starts it, then she must be ready for what comes to her. Besides, arent women equal to men? So do me I do you.
So dialogue is the best way for any dispute.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by sisisioge: 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
Wow! I sure get really afraid when I read or hear the spouse cum vampire stories. Dammmit...what's she gonna suck with now that she lost two teeth grin

May God keep wahala away from me...that babe got it coming.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by imam07: 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2017
Do anyone expect me to smile if my wife called my mother a witch? I don't think any man can take that shit.And I believe a woman will not take that easy if she heard her brother's wife call her mother a witch.
The laws favour women most. That is the reason why women do what ever they like.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by dareenglish: 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2017
God bless you boss for this piece.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by tosyne2much(m): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
lozanni:

Just imagine that!!!
The woman might be educated, but is an illiterate in a true sense, because the words you use easily tells the kind of person you really are.
Unmarried guys should study their girlfriends closely to avoid ending up with ill-mannered and bad tempered wives. angry
I guess this should be a bone of contention for every man
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Excellentmind: 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

If a woman knows she has no power to fight, why instigate it? When a married woman throws reasoning to wind as a result of anger, then she is prepared for the worst and that she will get. There is no amount of self control that can be applied here because she has crossed the line. Is woman exempted from exercising self control? Just display your unruly behavior and get beating in return.

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Olumeme: 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2017
I have seen something like that too, I was eating in a restaurant, and I just saw some men come out from a corner and started speaking in Yoruba... "ore mabinu, obirin ni (she's a woman, don't be angry), another Said, why would you marry such an abusive woman, soon I saw a woman shouting on the top of her voice, oloriburuku okunrin, awon egbe e ti se ori re, onse iranu (all your mates are all sucesful, u are doing nonsense lol)

The woman insulted and call this man unprintable names, later one woman came out and tell people begging the husband to leave him and allow him beat the wife thoroughly, that the husband is too cold....

The thing is that, no man will just start beating his wife, some women are very troublesome, they will provoke you but when u descend on them, they play the victim and cry.

Nobody has the right to abuse the other, if women can insult, then a dirty slap won't b a bad idea...

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by imam07: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2017
If u have a good wife,u don't really know how God have blessed u.

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by favourite787899: 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
U cannot tamper with a man's pride and ego and expect to go just like that only a few men can control it. A woman once narrated her story. She said she suffered domestic violence for years. Not until one day she followed her husband to his office and saw the way people where running up and down at the sight of the man and when that same man comes back home she will be running her mouth. A man that commands and people respect. The day she realized this that day marked an end to domestic violence for her.

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Mskrisx(f): 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
slinkman:
the man is actually heaven sent. I would have beaten her to a point she seeks for divorce. Both physically, financially and psychologically

grin grin grin grin grin
I'm gon pee pls
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by MARKone(m): 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
The woman is stupid, she is lucky she got away with just some missing teeth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / My Handsome Boy Is A Year Old Today / Lady Calls Her Mother Who Abandoned Her For 30 Years, Her Reaction Heartbreaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.