Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (47525 Views)

How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
luminouz:

Lmaooooo!!!
her coment pisses me off
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 6:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
smithsydny:
her coment pisses me off
Yeah....she is weird DAT way!!!
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Klamour: 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2017
Domestic violence encompasses both verbal, emotional and physical violence against a spouse. A respectful wife won't be abusing the husband publicly, to the extent of berating his manhood (describing his size and duration) in public (his compound). Do you know that if you take away a man's reputation and self esteem, you've rendered him useless?

For what? Not wearing a pair of slippers to wash car. What a reason (though presenting reason, cause there's more than meets the eye). Then you lock out your husband from his house, as what naa? Women always bring out the beast in men and will claim the victims.

The man, on his own side, knows the type of woman he married. Engaging her will make things worse, as in the instant case. Simply walking away solves a multitude of issueS and saves you from regrets. Don't hit her, cause you can't come out of it without scars (emotional) and you end up damaging your reputation (just what she wants). Don't plan into their hands.

SAY NO TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN ANY MANNER.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by kobijacobs(m): 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2017
endtime wife

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Bigsteveg(m): 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Engaging in a fisticuffs with a woman is wrong and should be condemned.
Seems you didn't read it well. It happens everyday.
If he leaves, he better not come back, unfortunately people like you will also abuse him that he abandon his house.
I have learnt something in my over 30yrs plus, never judge with what you hear from both man or woman especially from women. Ask Joseph about Pontiphars wife in the bible.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by bayulll011(m): 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

you 're not just pathetic but silly.

no man will wake up one day and lay his hand on his woman.

u are a daft one,a woman abuse his husband openly reducing the man to nothing.

disgrace him in the building and all u can say is he should walk out.

me I don't pity u lot when I hear woman battery.

All cases of woman abuse start with Woman

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by maybel(m): 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2017
kimbraa:
Mr op, this story doesn't add up.
What is it that you don't understand here? I will advise you read again. This time, take enough time to read slowly. Mr Op, I love the way you write.

5 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by wildchild1: 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2017
It is well

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Humility017(m): 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
emmachukwu99:

Shut up! Did u read the post?
she is always in a hurry to comment trash...

7 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
luminouz:
Lmaooooo!!!

so you are laughing at me bah. :-(
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

so you are laughing at me bah. :-(
U know I can't beat u nah as per gentleman wey I be!!! grin
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

It's like your brain is shaking

23 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by fk001(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
women women women!!!!

Anyway i am happy she lost two of her teethgrin grin

8 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by thewritingtodo(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

You have spoken well, but remember that even you women find it hard to "swallow" what some of your fellow women spew out in the name of being 'angry and throwing caution to the wind'. My dear, it's not that easy o. That's why many men drink and spend hours away from the house in joints, etc. Not that I support them anyway. But having to swallow all that a woman throws at you with her words and antics, and you absorbing it quietly into your system is quite toxic. Women must learn to not push the limits and men must learn to 'walk away' more often. Plus families need to involve God more in their lives. grin

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by doyinisaac(m): 6:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

Did you just say no matter what she does??even if she is about to stab him??mehn Nairaland have killed me....grin so many sick people on this forum...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by xtremeTall(m): 6:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
grin
Frenchfriez:
To begin, I must state unequivocally that domestic violence under any form( man-woman, woman to child or elder sibling to younger) is bad, avoidable and condemnable.
Women naturally are born and evolve to be a pain in the arse, and as such it takes a man with 100% self control to refrain from laying a finger on his woman.( don't mention, I'm one grin).
But this op really tried with the narration ooo

Oshey! Eyan Mayweather!! grin

Waa sere! I hope its the two upper incisor teeth she lost.
This is the end of her slay mama voyage. And then when the man divorces her sorry arse, she becomes a second hand lady.

As in ehn, common scene at the hospital. Nothing sparks up a boring shift than better food for gossip. Nurses wa do oooo!!
Last last, ladies pls we know the devil in us is greater than the devil in the world buh pls, to stop gender based violence, we need to have a long word with ourselves.
grin
Frenchfriez:
To begin, I must state unequivocally that domestic violence under any form( man-woman, woman to child or elder sibling to younger) is bad, avoidable and condemnable.
Women naturally are born and evolve to be a pain in the arse, and as such it takes a man with 100% self control to refrain from laying a finger on his woman.( don't mention, I'm one grin).
But this op really tried with the narration ooo

Oshey! Eyan Mayweather!! grin

Waa sere! I hope its the two upper incisor teeth she lost.
This is the end of her slay mama voyage. And then when the man divorces her sorry arse, she becomes a second hand lady.

As in ehn, common scene at the hospital. Nothing sparks up a boring shift than better food for gossip. Nurses wa do oooo!!
Last last, ladies pls we know the devil in us is greater than the devil in the world buh pls, to stop gender based violence, we need to have a long word with ourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by buchilino(m): 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

EASIER SAID. D TRUTH IS MOST WIVES THESE DAYS LACK SELF CONTROL. U INSULT UR HUSBAND N WANT HIM STILL TAKE AS A MAN. 4 ME DATS BULLSH.T.

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Hedonistically: 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
eyinjuege:

Physical violence usually doesn't end with a damage to the body. It equally damages the soul.
Do you think the real victims of domestic violence only suffered a burst kidney, a broken tooth or head?
They are equally damaged emotionally. Physical violence doesn't just coexist on its own. It's usually accompanied by emotional damage to the soul.
But you still cannot rate both as same. Even by law. The law isn't concerned if you're insulted and called names. If you can't take such shit, then walk away forever and say never again. But she's very much concerned about having mad people roaming about using their fists and weapons to damage others when such fists could have come in handy in Sambisa.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt/ break me"?

You don talk your own from your very shallow and limited worldview. Those wey wise pass you talk the opposite.

"There is nothing that people bear more impatiently, or forgive less, than contempt: and an injury is much sooner forgotten than an insult."

- Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by thewritingtodo(m): 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
maybel:
What is it that you don't understand here? I will advise you read again. This time, take enough time to read slowly. Mr Op, I love the way you write.

Thought I was the only one who noticed his beautiful writing style. Nice one. wink

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Dasshboard(m): 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Veraatabeh:
nice writeup

What is nice about this?
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
dicefrost:
Usually, when I read tales of domestic violence, especially when i see a woman battered and bruised, i am quick to feel pity for her, and by default blame the man for being an 'animal'. I hate wife beaters with all my heart. But today's experience actually changed my view.

It started around 7a.m this sunday morning. My neighbor whose flat directly faces mine was washing his vehicle outside. I have never known him to be a violent man. He and his wife always argue and quarrel, but it has never been in the open. Just raised voices and exchanging unkind words. His wife walked in through the gate leading to the compound. As soon as she saw her husband, she started screaming, 'dirty man' 'pig' and some other obscenity in their local dialect. He was scolding the man for not wearing a slippers outdoors. He walking on water barefooted. The man told her to keep quiet and get him a slippers to put on. She continued on top of her voice. She insulted daylight out of the man. There was nothing this woman did not say, from the size of the man's joystick to the number of minutes he stays in the bedroom. Out of anger, the man poured the remaining water he was using to wash the car on her. She ran at him and gripped him by the collar almost choking him. At that point, myself and other neighbors who have been watching ran out to put an end to the fracas before it got out of hand. It took alot of pleading before she eventually let go and went inside. The man just stood there, i could tell that he was really embarrassed by the things his wife said. We advised him to be a man 'you know say na so women be na'.

Not up to 10 minutes later, the man started banging on the door to the house. His wife refused to let him in. She insisted that he must go and wash his feet thoroughly before entering the house, but there was no water outside anymore. The man shouted at her to bring water for him to wash up, but she kept insisting that there would have been water if he hadn't poured it on her. A shouting match ensued again, this woman continued her verbal assault. At about an hour later, when it was time to go to church, she came out all dressed, not knowing that her husband was around the corner. He came from nowhere and landed a slap on her cheeks. She swung her bag at him, and a piece of metal from the bag cut his Jaw. This man descended on his wife with series of slaps. She fought back violently. All the while i was observing through my window. She dipped her hand into the man's eye, and punched him several times. The man seemed to lose it completely and aimed a blow directly at her jaw. The woman screamed, next thing i saw was blood oozing out of her mouth. I ran out of my own apartment to calm things down. Behold she had lost two teeth. When we all came to separate them, the woman started wailing uncontrollably, saying that her husband has killed her. With the blood in her mouth and everything nobody even spared a thought for the man. I could see finger nail marks all over his face. His jaw was a bit swollen too.

I personally drove the woman to a nearby health center so they could clean her up. As we entered, we were greeted with questions 'wetin happen?' 'na accident'? She started crying and narrating how her husband wanted to kill her this morning because she insisted that 'he must wash his dirty legs before entering the house'. The Nurses there started berating men in general, with each person narrating different experiences of domestic violence they had encountered. They were all full of sympathy for her. It was the general assumption that the she married a devil as husband. I just sat there listening to them demonizing men and wondering. The husband even called me while at the health center to know if it was serious. He sounded really worried. He wanted to drive down to meet us. I just discouraged him from coming, because his wife has already made him out to be a devil here.

Whenever the story of domestic violence is told, it is only narrated from the woman's perspective. We often see her in tears, with bruises all over. She plays the victim, because she is the one that usually ends up with bruises, even if she may have delivered the first punch. We hardly hear the man's side of the story, we don't perceive his emotion, he hardly has any physical scars from the encounter, so we assume he wasn't hurt. He is always the violent one, because he won't let you know that a woman's words broke him, he won't gather a crowd a to tell his story.

I'm totally against domestic violence, whether physical or verbal. I believe two people who claim to love each other should be able to settle issues amicably with resorting to abusive language and physical confrontation. If your differences are irreconcilable, then end the damn marriage and let everyone go in peace. I think the real beast is the man that will descend on a woman at the smallest provocation. But as a woman, If you instigate a physical confrontation, either by words or action, make sure you win the fight that ensues.

Next time i read or hear about domestic violence, with a picture of a battered and bruised woman, i won't jump into the 'Men are beasts' wagon, not untill i know the full story.
Men are not beasts my dear.......women are the venom cum delilah

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Prognose: 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Aaaaaand it hit front-page
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by slinkman(m): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

the man is actually heaven sent. I would have beaten her to a point she seeks for divorce. Both physically, financially and psychologically

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Ichietome: 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

Silly you

6 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
ImaIma1:
But it would pain the woman more if the guy ignored her and walked away. Some women are extremely troublesome
grin
That was dads strong point wink

The thing can pain my mama ehn grin she will even push him to say somthing cheesy My guy will not say pim.....

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
Prognose:
Aaaaaand it hit front-page
Yeaaaaaaahhhhh....
Oya dance shoki!!!! undecided
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

it takes the grace of Jesus Allah n Krishna combined together for a man not to beat his wife if she publicly insults him to the extent she involves his dick size n bed performances. The man in this story tried sef, he held on a lot. Women should learn not to publicly disgrace their husband's in public, it's actually the worse thing u can do to a man.

in fact a man prefers that his wife beats him mercilessly indoors than to insult him outside in front of people.

I've never beat a woman before, even my sisters........ But I don't think I will ever stand a woman insulting me publicly with no control.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by eyinjuege: 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
Hedonistically:

You don talk your own from your very shallow and limited worldview. Those wey wise pass your talk the opposite.

There is nothing that people bear more impatiently, or forgive less, than contempt: and an injury is much sooner forgotten than an insult.

- Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield

What do you know about life, that you're talking about worldview?
What have you seen in this life? What do you know about how life works?
Mr, just take a seat at the back and learn.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

grin
That was dads strong point wink

The thing can pain my mama ehn grin she will even push him to say somthing cheesy My guy will not say pim.....
Likewise my dad!!
I took DAT from him....

But I pray not to meet d kinda wife d OP described.... I may lose my cool n become a bitçhbeater!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by musicwriter(m): 6:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
dicefrost:
Usually, when I read tales of domestic violence, especially when i see a woman battered and bruised, i am quick to feel pity for her, and by default blame the man for being an 'animal'. I hate wife beaters with all my heart. But today's experience actually changed my view.

It started around 7a.m this sunday morning. My neighbor whose flat directly faces mine was washing his vehicle outside. I have never known him to be a violent man. He and his wife always argue and quarrel, but it has never been in the open. Just raised voices and exchanging unkind words. His wife walked in through the gate leading to the compound. As soon as she saw her husband, she started screaming, 'dirty man' 'pig' and some other obscenity in their local dialect. He was scolding the man for not wearing a slippers outdoors. He walking on water barefooted. The man told her to keep quiet and get him a slippers to put on. She continued on top of her voice. She insulted daylight out of the man. There was nothing this woman did not say, from the size of the man's joystick to the number of minutes he stays in the bedroom. Out of anger, the man poured the remaining water he was using to wash the car on her. She ran at him and gripped him by the collar almost choking him. At that point, myself and other neighbors who have been watching ran out to put an end to the fracas before it got out of hand. It took alot of pleading before she eventually let go and went inside. The man just stood there, i could tell that he was really embarrassed by the things his wife said. We advised him to be a man 'you know say na so women be na'.

Not up to 10 minutes later, the man started banging on the door to the house. His wife refused to let him in. She insisted that he must go and wash his feet thoroughly before entering the house, but there was no water outside anymore. The man shouted at her to bring water for him to wash up, but she kept insisting that there would have been water if he hadn't poured it on her. A shouting match ensued again, this woman continued her verbal assault. At about an hour later, when it was time to go to church, she came out all dressed, not knowing that her husband was around the corner. He came from nowhere and landed a slap on her cheeks. She swung her bag at him, and a piece of metal from the bag cut his Jaw. This man descended on his wife with series of slaps. She fought back violently. All the while i was observing through my window. She dipped her hand into the man's eye, and punched him several times. The man seemed to lose it completely and aimed a blow directly at her jaw. The woman screamed, next thing i saw was blood oozing out of her mouth. I ran out of my own apartment to calm things down. Behold she had lost two teeth. When we all came to separate them, the woman started wailing uncontrollably, saying that her husband has killed her. With the blood in her mouth and everything nobody even spared a thought for the man. I could see finger nail marks all over his face. His jaw was a bit swollen too.

I personally drove the woman to a nearby health center so they could clean her up. As we entered, we were greeted with questions 'wetin happen?' 'na accident'? She started crying and narrating how her husband wanted to kill her this morning because she insisted that 'he must wash his dirty legs before entering the house'. The Nurses there started berating men in general, with each person narrating different experiences of domestic violence they had encountered. They were all full of sympathy for her. It was the general assumption that the she married a devil as husband. I just sat there listening to them demonizing men and wondering. The husband even called me while at the health center to know if it was serious. He sounded really worried. He wanted to drive down to meet us. I just discouraged him from coming, because his wife has already made him out to be a devil here.

Whenever the story of domestic violence is told, it is only narrated from the woman's perspective. We often see her in tears, with bruises all over. She plays the victim, because she is the one that usually ends up with bruises, even if she may have delivered the first punch. We hardly hear the man's side of the story, we don't perceive his emotion, he hardly has any physical scars from the encounter, so we assume he wasn't hurt. He is always the violent one, because he won't let you know that a woman's words broke him, he won't gather a crowd a to tell his story.

I'm totally against domestic violence, whether physical or verbal. I believe two people who claim to love each other should be able to settle issues amicably with resorting to abusive language and physical confrontation. If your differences are irreconcilable, then end the damn marriage and let everyone go in peace. I think the real beast is the man that will descend on a woman at the smallest provocation. But as a woman, If you instigate a physical confrontation, either by words or action, make sure you win the fight that ensues.

Next time i read or hear about domestic violence, with a picture of a battered and bruised woman, i won't jump into the 'Men are beasts' wagon, not untill i know the full story.

Still, there was no need for the fight. If I were the man I'll ignore her completely.

All he needed do was ignore her totally and keep washing the car..

Nothing would make me beat a woman. I'll rather divorce her than beat her.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Hedonistically: 6:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
eyinjuege:

What do you know about life, that you're talking about worldview? What have you seen in this life? What do you know about how life works? Mr, just take a seat at the back and learn.
React to the quotation I cited, you dumbfuck.

9 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by ERCROSS(m): 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

Radarada

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Nanny Gets $121,000 Pay Check From Oppressive Nsobundu Couple / Woman Kept Her Baby In A Bag While Shopping / 5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.