Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (47519 Views)

How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
If they can't live in peace,they should divorce na!

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Harrisee(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Engaging in a fisticuffs with a woman is wrong and should be condemned.

Na dem. The man will provide the money and will still not experience peace in his own house. I pity your husband shaa

58 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Allwility: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2017

Some neighbors ehn..they can do amebo.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by babniyen(m): 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
He should have left; with no shoes most probably no money on a sunday morning shocked. [Qquote author=Evaberry post=60549430]very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Engaging in a fisticuffs with a woman is wrong and should be condemned. [/quote]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
Domestic violence is rampant as a result of a drft in the responsibility of our parents especially the mothers.
An I'll cultured lady will never believe men are like their God at home who protect and provide for them...

5 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2017

7 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Melakuchikala(f): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
It is not that so easy to walk away as a man but for the sake of regrets later u just have to. What if the woman had died in the process? Will the wife's rantings have justified that? It is better they just divorce than resulting to death cos the law will not smile so beautifully at him or give him a pat at the back.

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

Shut up! Did u read the post?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by rayralph(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
nikkyshyne:
@evaberry easier said to walk away. Men are humans with blood running thru their veins and can get physical when pushed to the wall. They are known to have ego. Woe betide the person who tries to tarnish that image. Bottom line, it only takes the grace of God.

On point

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by AFONAMARO: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

Are you from this planet? The man should have left and return after the wife is calmed? As in, he should have surrendered his balls at once.

I wonder the type of advice you will give people close to you. You saw no fault in all the woman did, I pity your man

53 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

Yeah hitting a woman is wrong but what d fvck made d woman an irrational monster who talked about her husband joystick n bedgame in front of other neighbours Did u even condemn d woman undecided

29 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by nawtyme: 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

Engaging in a fist cuff with a woman is bad, verbally and emotionally abusing a man is good?
The woman can be pushed to the wall to verbally abuse the man, and when the man reacts he is the devil?
When the man is angry he should go out and cool off, and but when the woman is angry, she should not also cool off but rain insults on the husband.
And when he reacts she claims to be the victim.
Yet you and those who liked you post including those who supported you would come up tomorrow as feminist and claim that men and women are equal, should enjoy equal rights and be treated equally.
But here you are talking rubbish?
What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

52 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by boiz2men(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
How do you not know during courtship that your girl nags. I lost interest in a pretty girl after we had several discussions/argument and each time she wanted to be right without facts

10 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
Veraatabeh:
nice writeup
Oh shut d fvck UP!!! undecided

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by wabbyland(m): 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

its your type that encourage other women to engage men with those slanderous tongue. so the man did a bad thing by asking the woman to get him water and slipper?

23 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Hedonistically: 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

This is the most foolish comment in the history of commenthood.

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

thunder fire u there..

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by YelloweWest: 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2017
Another stupid thread for lil dick heads on nl.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE TO HIT ANYONE.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by betty616(f): 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
We ladies should mind our mouth. Just as we expect a man to have self control not to hit us, we should also have self control when it comes to talking to men and daring them. Weaker vessels or not, we both should respect each other.

45 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
If your spouse is mad, separate temporarily or divorce her/him instead of turning your home into a war zone. Simples!

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
kimbraa:
Mr op, this story doesn't add up.
shhh abi kini eleyi n so?

13 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by ayokellany: 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

So when your father n mother argues na your papa de leave house for your mama ? Na your mother de pay house rent abi na she build una house ? Just asking o.

36 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
smithsydny:
thunder fire u there..
Lmaooooo!!!
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by tagtj: 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2017
[quote author=Afam4eva post=60556474]I have always maintained that women should not dish out what they don't want in return from men. Anyone woman that hits a man deserves same in return. The only grey area i see here is the juxtaposition between verbal and physical abuse. For instance, by popular wisdom, it's okaw for a woman to thoroughly and consistent verbally accuse her husband but not okay for a man to use his physical advantage because the latter can produce physical injuries while the former will not. I think emotional abuse is as bad or even worse than physical abuse. Some men's self esteem have left them and is currently chilling somewhere around Onitsha and we think it's okay? What is good is good for the gooose is good for the gander and i think a law should be passed to protect men that are being abused verbally.

That's not to say that we don't have inherently evil men who take out frustrations on their wives for no tangible reason. So, every issue of domestic violence should be judged based on it's meritte] well said

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by AreaFada2: 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
kimbraa:
Mr op, this story doesn't add up.

Because he says what he saw that doesn't take side with the woman, it cannot add up, bah?

What op wrote is nothing unusual. Women hold a man' s trousers, pull his dickus and blokos while shouting " you go kill me today". While the man is in pain fighting to get her off.
Nothing new. Women's tongue can even hurt more than a blow.
But the man is always to blame. Violence is bad. But nobody should start it first. Equal rights should go hand in hand with equal responsibilities.

A man being stronger does not justify higher pay. A woman being weaker should not justify her beginning violence.

21 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
theplanmaker:

Do men derive pleasure in beating women? I think women provoke their husbands to violence, and then the men lack self control, or a naturally bad tempered. The result is this

Exactly! That's how some men provoke their wife to violence and get stabbed. God help us...

I hope you all will be very understanding when the table turns.
Because there are so many troublesome women like this and a man willingly married them. Same way there are troublesome men.

If verbal abuse warrants beating.
What of emotional abuse lots of men put their wives through?

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Hedonistically: 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
thorpido:
If you ever live with a woman,if you check the tongue properly ,you will see a blade there.
Most women bridle their tongues however, especially if you are a husband who is patient and do not stir up strife unnecessarily.
There are bad tempered men who vent their anger and frustrations on the one who is most available to them........the wife and in some cases the children.
From my experience, the kind of men you described get the worst treatment, and they end up bottling their frustration until it boils over one fateful day and they kill someone.

The baba alaye, easily offended, often quick to 'para', quick to 'demonstrate' husbands typically have the most long-suffering wives who control their naturally running mouths.

Nature abhors a vacuum, like the saying goes.

No need to be too patient or tolerant with these Naija women. They are women. Let them do the 'patienting'.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Adaumunocha(f): 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nawaoo
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by cevek11: 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

If a woman gives you, another woman, the tongue lash from hell, and embarrassed you real good... Even if she is a little bigger than you, are you saying you will walk away.
Then she pulls on your wig, revealing your cornrows... you go just de waka?
It takes the grace of God

24 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Thatitan234(m): 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
Every morning, I remember to pray that God push away, far from my life, women that can bring out the beast in a lamb.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Nanny Gets $121,000 Pay Check From Oppressive Nsobundu Couple / Woman Kept Her Baby In A Bag While Shopping / 5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.