Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 (26621 Views)

Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2023 / Chelsea Vs Barnsley: Carabao Cup (6 - 0) On 23rd September 2020 / Leicester City Vs Arsenal: Carabao Cup : (0 - 2) On 23rd September 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Bibidear(f): 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2017
cstr1000:

Everton that we beat 2-0 at stamford bridge. They will collect at goodison park too.
Look at stoke that almost destroyed manure getting destroyed by morata with ease.
Levels pass levels, milady. we are coming for mourinho.
owk,we are waiting
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

an opinion that goes contrary to the facts presented

the same Southampton that played 1-1 last season and nearly pipe us to the league cup if not for two spectacular goals......

Pls give the players some break
so with the massive amount of mobey spent and yet you are telling me to accept this rubbish of a performance from the so called biggest team in England. mehn free me abeg. rip to mab utd when they face the likes of chelsea and man city
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

an opinion that goes contrary to the facts presented

the same Southampton that played 1-1 last season and nearly pipe us to the league cup if not for two spectacular goals......

Pls give the players some break
yes man. again leave me to my opinion because this perfirmance was rubbish. even rashford was defending. answer this question pmease, is this how we are gona win the league?
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by victor768(m): 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
Manchester United Wat a Shame 0-1
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by toseen7: 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
So Mourinho finished the game with 6 defenders on the
pitch. Same man who criticized Conte for playing defensive football last season....... Joker Somborri grin

1 Like

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
dabossman:

Folks like you don't understand that the dynamics of the EPL is changing with the new TV deals. Now smaller clubs can afford to buy more quality players. Teams like Watford, Stoke can now spend £20-25m on one player from Spain or Italy etc. The league is more competitive than ever.
i agree but all am saying is that its still not ab excuse for man utd to play the rubish they played today. go big or go home. this team dosent look like they can win the league. this strategy is not sustainable for man utd this is not chelsae.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
Some people are never satisfied. If you have played the beautiful game up to a certain level then you will know how hard football is. 1-0 and 3 points is a decent performance any time any day. Nuffsaid.

1 Like

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by dabossman(m): 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

yes man. again leave me to my opinion because this perfirmance was rubbish. even rashford was defending. answer this question pmease, is this how we are gona win the league?

Yes actually. By winning whether you play at your best or have an off day. Go and count the number of games won 1-0 last season and the number of games they lost. Teams will have off days.

1 Like

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by CaptPlanet(m): 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

you tend to forget the pressure is on pep more than mou

After spending heavily on Pogba and Lukaku?
Let him not win the league first.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:40pm On Sep 23, 2017
dabossman:

Yes actually. By winning whether you play at your best or have an off day. Go and count the number of games won 1-0 last season and the number of games they lost. Teams will have off days.
well lets wait to the end of the season to confirm or negate this hypothesis of yours.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

so with the massive amount of mobey spent and yet you are telling me to accept this rubbish of a performance from the so called biggest team in England. mehn free me abeg. rip to mab utd when they face the likes of chelsea and man city

did you mean the same Chelsea that has 3pts and 8goals less than ManUtd or a man city that is a time bomb waiting to explode.......
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by dabossman(m): 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:
i agree but all am saying is that its still not ab excuse for man utd to play the rubish they played today. go big or go home. this team dosent look like they can win the league. this strategy is not sustainable for man utd this is not chelsae.

You can't "go big" everyday. There will be games in the season when you will play poorly. The key is to still get the result all the same. Go and check the 1-1 results we got last season which we dominated sometimes with many shots on goal. What good did it do us?
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

even the great Real Madrid just defended a first half (2-1) result.......
so defending a had fought goal isn't new to the world.....
what matters most is getting the job done no matter the method
Barça played more fancy and sexy football last year Buh went home with copa Del rey
Our neighbors ass.anal koh, where are they now on the table
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
angry Missing Pogba angry Pogba try and come back. I saw somebody like pogba in suit when mou was leaving the pitch
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
dabossman:

You can't "go big" everyday. There will be games in the season when you will play poorly. The key is to still get the result all the same. Go and check the 1-1 results we got last season which we dominated sometimes with many shots on goal. What good did it do us?

I have a feeling he carried ManUtd over 3.5 only for him to be dissapointed
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
Men!!! Man City is smoking hot! 22 goals in 5 games! Chelsea better up their game next week.

As for Man UTD, stop deceiving yourself, get another solid mid fielder and another solid right back. If you start meeting the big teams with this squad, it will not be easy.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 5:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
CaptPlanet:

After spending heavily on Pogba and Lukaku?
Let him not win the league first.

well lets wait to the end of the season to confirm or negate this hypothesis of yours.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
Bibidear:
owk,we are waiting
They are gonna bless the Lord if they even see draw
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Bibidear(f): 5:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

dont mind him
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Bibidear(f): 5:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

dont mind him
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by bullbull2: 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
angry shocked

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
Meanwhile its Liverpool 2-nil up against Leicester. The Reds taking back their pound of flesh from the Foxes.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by lomprico(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
Crownadex:
. seriously man u didn't perform well 2day
At all, Morinho gambled because of the UCL game next week.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by RRWraith(m): 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
The fact that we didnt get the desired result doesn't mean we are not good enough. Y'all dont expect us to keep beating every team 4-0, the results you get on your off days such as this is one determinant of the league, we missed two key players in martial and pogba and still we got a point. The chelsea some people are yapping about were beaten by burnley on a good day. For some chelshit and stoke game i think saw somewhere that stoke missed a crucial CB. so y'all should chill TF

1 Like

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2017
dabossman:

and what is the cause of those 1-1 result you are talking about, mourinho scoring one goal and then parking the bus and if thats what he is gona do this season then the light at the end of the tunnel is just an incoming train that will smash the crap out of man utd. man utd is an attacking team and not a defending team. what is the use of the pace of rashford, marshal, mikhtaryan and lukaku if the cant play the counter attacking football i have grown to see man utd play.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by CaptPlanet(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

Mou has as much heat on him as Pep. No club invests heavily to measure pressures.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Noblewhiz(m): 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
chaarly:
Lukaku's hat trick + 1 goal wink
surely a fairy!!
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:
and what is the cause of those 1-1 result you are talking about, mourinho scoring one goal and then parking the bus and if thats what he is gona do this season then the light at the end of the tunnel is just an incoming train that will smash the crap out of man utd. man utd is an attacking team and not a defending team. what is the use of the pace of rashford, marshal, mikhtaryan and lukaku if the cant play the counter attacking football i have grown to see man utd play.

eeeeeh!!!!!!! is that so......??

most of those 1-1 draw had us coming from behind
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Supersuave2(m): 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
MrEdimulo82:

Bro, it's okay Southampton played their wat we are more interested in is steady progress, all games and points are crucial to us ... we are fine like dat so long as we secure the 3 pts.
yea, true. You can't say the same for city tho. There's no real threat in the team except for lukaku and pogba (who is out injured)
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
Bibidear:

owk,we are waiting
I think that guy thinks football is a game of addition and subtraction. Man U had it rough against Stoke and beat Everton. Chelsea have beaten Stoke easily therefore,they can expect an easy one over Everton(his logic). He has totally neglected to consider a whole lot of factors e.g. injuries,unexpected red cards(the Burnley case) e.t.c. Fact is,stuff could go wrong. It's 50/50. These armchair pundits!
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by dabossman(m): 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

Be honest with yourself, is that what you saw in the 5 previous games? Defences win league titles my guy. Just go and ask Arsenal. I have been following United since 92, and I have seen the good and the bad. Even Sir Alex didn't have it easy every game. I saw this same S'hampton demolish Fergie's team 3-1 with Matt Let Tissier on song. Every day is not Christmas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Burton Albion: Carabao Cup (4 - 1) On 20th September 2017 / Manchester United Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers: FA Cup (1 -0) On 15th January 2020 / Leeds Vs Liverpool (0 - 3) On 12th September 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.