Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,405 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. (6710 Views)

Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day / How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble / IG Report Confirms that Politicians ordered Senate Seige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by Mynd44: 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Thread opened already.

I need your assistance on questions in social sciences cos I'm in physical science and wouldn't know what exactly to ask in that field.

You ask and decide the winner at you own discretion.

https://www.nairaland.com/4062242/10k-5-lucky-student-nairalanders#60578941
I must win
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by obailala(m): 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Paperwhite:
The OP just chose to masturbate and as expected he was joined by people of his likes.It remains a fact that no single soul was killed during the so called injustice of the GEJ government.Even the hypocritical Ojota demonstration by Tinubu & like-minded APC hypocrites never witness bloodshed.Meanwhile Buhari's government also increased fuel prices and the hypocrites said they wont protest because the accrued subsidy will be in "safe hands" Karma is waiting for you all
If APC supporters had staged a protest, blocked the soldiers and flung stones, bottles and other dangerous missiles at the military then, there would surely have been casualties cos the Nigerian military has not changed any bit between 2015 and today.

By the way, in the 2012 fuel subsidy protests, teargas and live bullets were fired and at least 2 protesters were murdered in cold blood. Never was it reported by anyone that it was GEJ's fault unlike what we get today when people challenge trigger happy policemen and soldiers and then blame it on Buhari.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/jan/09/nigeria-fuel-protests-one-killed

3 Likes

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by LionDeLeo: 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:

I must win
Waiting sir.

But help us take it to front page for wider participation.

I may even double that amount, depending on how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by omenka(m): 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Thread opened already.

I need your assistance on questions in social sciences cos I'm in physical science and wouldn't know what exactly to ask in that field.

You ask and decide the winner at you own discretion.

https://www.nairaland.com/4062242/10k-5-lucky-student-nairalanders#60578941
Chai. My field is science, specifically chemistry. Both undergraduate and post graduate. embarassed
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by LionDeLeo: 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
Chai. My field is science, specifically chemistry. Both undergraduate and post graduate. embarassed
But you are apparently good in social sciences na.

I don't want the art students to grumble of bias.

Abeg, I know you can do it, otherwise, it has to be sciences all through then, a bit higher than O'LEVEL.

It can be History, Government, current affairs (non political) or English, anyone you are are okay with.
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by Bibidear(f): 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
I'm telling you. I saw your comments on that thread and I just smiled.

It is really funny how these guys think everyone owes them an obligatory sympathy.

Well, I don't owe no one.
please can u give me the link to the thread...wanna go thru it
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by omenka(m): 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

But you are apparently good in social sciences na.

I don't want the art students to grumble of bias.

Abeg, I know you can do it, otherwise, it has to be sciences all through then, a bit higher than O'LEVEL.

It can be History, Government, current affairs (non political) or English, anyone you are are okay with.
Okay bro.

On the conclusion now. Deal with the summary and rec. afterwards. Then the references which could be a bit tricky.

Will meet you guys down the line if time permits me.

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by omenka(m): 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bibidear:

please can u give me the link to the thread...wanna go thru it
It's right there on the original post.
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by dunkem21(m): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
waledeji:

No blood was shwd because people around that place behaved like a human being, they did not result into stoning the Army and police.

Laughs.. So, people will see the military and start throwing stones.. Since when?

Is it operation catwalk that was unleashed in Lagos then?

Please stop calling me back to this party, make una share the blood money in peace.
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by bakila: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:

BMC people giving bribes in the open.

Smh
Is that why this thread is not in a prominent part of the front page?
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by bularvz: 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
Two wrongs does not makes a right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by 989900: 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
I no fit can laugh o. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by nwabobo: 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
Good morning.

History, I always say, has a way of redressing the conduct of the present, and as Nigerians, we sure have as much history as one can possibly care for, especially as it relates to politics.

Some of us have been around long enough to know that the cries of those who seem frustrated by the positions we've chosen to take as regards the ongoing clampdown on the terrorist organization, IPOB, deserve no consolation.

We have a good memory of recent history and will always share that memory to the benefit of those with either short memory or those who are genuinely ignorant of where we are coming from.

Before I proceed, I'd like to remind us that we know just about every single individual who supports Kanu and IPOB is either a supporter of Jonathan, or at least, sympathetic to PDP. There's no denying that fact. Their comments to this day on national issues bear credence to that.

So, we were here just over two years ago, during the final sprint to the general election, when news reached us the residence of BAT was being monitored by soldiers stationed just meters away. The politician had not been charged with any offence to warrant such surveillance, neither did he pose any threat to national security. His only offence then, as we all know it, was that he posed a threat to Jonathan's victory in the forth coming elections.

Events were reported as follows.. (just excerpts)

https://www.nairaland.com/2140496/30-soldiers-monitor-tinubus-ikoyi

Now, for those who appear, today, to be great advocates of human rights and the need not to deploy the military into civilian populated areas, especially when such a place had been relatively peaceful, here were their comments then..

Remember, neither Tinubus residence nor his street was experiencing any sort of security problems or restiveness. It was as calm and quiet as can be.

Follow me.. .

Our very own Dickdastardly found it humorous and says..

This dude here says Tinubu is a criminal and that necessitated the deployment. Guess what, this comment garnered 131 likes! cool

This guy took it to the next level..

Of course Firefire came to party as well.. He posted this, accompanied with a mocking picture.. cool

Firefire again. Tinubu he says, is an enemy of the state!

Someone who's had their account deactivated says this..

This one says the president should be commended for so doing..

This one who's deactivated jeers at Tinubu saying he hid under his bed..

One might wanna ask the Chucks guy below why Abians weren't happy with the extra security.. . cool

This guy here bared it all! cool

At the risk of sounding verbose, i'd stop here. There are tons of such comments applauding the deployment of those troops to Tinubu's house as the thread ran eleven pages!

Now, take these comments and place them side by side those we see today, you then understand where some of us are coming from.

They say "karma would visit us" and I tell them, that is exactly what they are enjoying!

We don't forget folks. We don't.

Have a productive week ahead and say no to terrorism.

God bless Nigeria and all those who bless her.

Military siege with no Pictures of the siege. We asked for pictures then but git none.

Have you got one now? Even a photoshopped one will do, thanks.
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by willibounce1(m): 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
OP the way God will bless you ehn! You and your family will not understand it. God will embarrass you with blessings beyond your understanding. God will bless you so much that even you will beg him to stop.

I'm sure the idioti.c ipod miscreants can now see the way an afonja coward handled military presence in his house. he did not go begging anybody to come help him or condemn military presence because he knows he has done nothing wrong.

The ipod animals were rejoicing and wishing him death. We did not see the afonja cowards crying all over the internet begging the bravest people in the world to come to their rescue. Afonjas used their brain to solve issues without shedding anybody's blood.

But look how the bravest idiot.s in the world are jittery and crying over military presence. See how they foolishly attacked the NA with bottles and stones even when the NA were just passing by jejely. When they invited trouble and got it, they started crying and shouting afonja as usual. Begging and crying out to afonja to come to their rescue. The same afonjas they have always openly hated and wished evil upon.

I will continue to say it. Afonjas were created to look after you senseless ipods. Afonjas are not just your elder brothers, we are your fathers, we teach you how to use your brain and even when you refuse and insult us and get into trouble, we still come to your rescue. We overlook all your senseless hatred and evil wishes towards us and still save your asse.s because we know it is our responsibility to take care of you. It is in our nature to always show love to people who hate us with passion. Where we go put una. We have always been saving you since 1500BC. We have even accepted the way you blame us for all your misery in life. don't worry, we will continue to teach you and hope you learn someday.

5 Likes

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by willibounce1(m): 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
Dude, a simple question: what necessitated the deployment of soldiers to Tinubu's residence?

You think if his supporters had reacted the way ipob terrorists reacted, the outcome wouldn't have been different? smiley

The difference between Afonjas and criminal ipod pigs is COMMON SENSE. Afonjas have Common sense and ipod miscreants have refused to learn from Afonjas. instead of learning, the call afonjas cowards.

3 Likes

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by willibounce1(m): 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
HEIR:
You guys are really pathetic, tell this long tales to the souls lost in Aba. FYI, less than 20% Ibos actually support ipob or whatever succession.
Our military needs to be called to order on the rules of engagement. Imagine sending mine resistant armoured vehicles the US govt gave Nigeria to fight boko haram to threaten to show force in Aba.
And for our president who didn't deem it fit to address the nation on this incident, this might just be the end of his presidency, his legacy. Mark my word

ogbon ju agbara lo! ( sense pass power) tell any elder in the south east to elucidate further citing copious instances.

2 Likes

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by Eazybay(m): 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
You are jealous. cheesy

There is a reason why we need a referendum, devolution of power and a national conference. It is obvious successive govts spends the bulk of its time quelling issues rather than development.

Im sure you are not a patriotic Nigerian. Don't ask me how I know.
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by shukuokukobambi: 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
obailala:
Karma is an unrepentant ashawo.... grin grin

Truly and omenka sabi where she dey live cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by omenka(m): 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Truly and omenka sabi where she dey live cheesy
Baba, LionDeLeo just hold me for work throughout the evening on education section. I know I must have missed alot here. cheesy

But it's been fun over there sha.
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by shukuokukobambi: 9:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
Baba, LionDeLeo just hold me for work throughout the evening on education section. I know I must have missed alot here. cheesy

I'm just seeing the heavy assignment he gave you. It's very impressive and i appreciate his gesture and your time. God bless you both grin

1 Like

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by LionDeLeo: 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

Oh, I forgot, shukuokukobambi could have assisted with questions on Humanities and other social sciences.

Abeg help me beg am make he come give us the last question after this your forth coming one.
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by LionDeLeo: 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

I'm just seeing the heavy assignment he gave you. It's very impressive and i appreciate his gesture and your time. God bless you both grin
Oga abeg come help us with the last question.
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by shukuokukobambi: 9:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Oga abeg come help us with the last question.
LionDeLeo:

Oh, I forgot, shukuokukobambi could have assisted with questions on Humanities and other social sciences.

Abeg help me beg am make he come give us the last question after this your forth coming one.

Am i at liberty to chose any one?
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by LionDeLeo: 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Baba, anyone sir, who wins to be decided by you.
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by Ishilove: 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

*choose*
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by shukuokukobambi: 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ishilove:

*choose*

I will give a question on politics/current affairs

can i proceed?
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by shukuokukobambi: 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Baba, anyone sir, who wins to be decided by you.

Ok Here goes:
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by shukuokukobambi: 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ishilove:

*choose*

CC:omenka, LionDeLeo I've dropped my question
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by LionDeLeo: 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Pls monitor how they respond cos some will book space which is against the rule
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by shukuokukobambi: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Pls monitor how they respond cos some will book space which is against the rule

ok
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by LionDeLeo: 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

ok
Pls follow it up to decide who has it.

Answers are already coming.
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by omenka(m): 9:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Rogger that.

Please monitor their responses. No one is allowed to answer questions half way, only to come back and edit them afterwards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PEPTJudgement: Buhari floors Atiku at Tribunal / Lagos State House Of Assembly Passes Year 2020 Budget / Adolphus Aghuhu: No Money Missing From Federation Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.