Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional (46634 Views)

Open Letter To IPOB By Charles Ogbu / Most APC Governors Is Afraid Of Direct Primaries Says Sen Shehu Sani / 2019: Endorsement Of Buhari By APC Governors Is Corruption – Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by fulanmafia: 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
HopeAtHand:
Myndd44 Fulanmafia proudlyngwa blues3k AnonyNymous and all those who argued with me. The Senate President have attested that military erred in proscribing what they have no authority over.

IPOB is not a terrorist organization.

Define terror and then reflect on the activities and nationwide impact of ipob's recent violent agitation, then get back to me. Also refer to section 9 (c) of the Terrorism Prevention Act as attached.

Saraki's "point" and flawed assertion, is that due process was not followed, and not that IPOB is not a terrorist organization or that it's activities have not inflicted terror.

IPOB, like Boko Haram and criminal killer herdsmen, remain terrorist organizations regardless of however anyone slices or dices it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Viergeachar: 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
Odingo1:

Saraki himself said it,that he is a Fulani man,that his family came from Fulani descent, that they bear Yoruba names to honor their mother because they love their mother so much.
Saraki as quoted,na d man talk am ooo.

@Bolded Hahahahahaha grin grin grin
You are a learner! That publication is false - I have seen it before. It's all politics. The Sarakis are pure Yorubas!! cool
The name Abubakar is not on Saraki's international passport.
No Fulani man will condemn PMB's actions at this time. Only Yorubas can!!!
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by willibounce1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
wizzyrich:
The president and his forces keeps making a fool out of themselves. They dont know the difference between secessionists and terrorists. And some yoruba's who claimed to be a educated are supporting him and jubiliating at the sad incident.

Wetin concern Yorubas again? What is wrong with you people. This is the reason you get wasted. so much foolishness. You have to blame everything on yoruba. It is still the same Yorubas that will always save your air heads when you foolishly create troubles for yourselves. Maybe Bukola Saraki is from Enugu.

Whether you like it or not, Ipod criminals have been tagged terrorists. They destroy peoples properties, steal from them, burn mosques, kill people who are not their tribesmen, peddle false information on the FB Biafra page about the NA all in the name of Biafra. What do you call that kinda senseless group? A group that tries to incite the people against the NA and other tribes by uploading fake pictures and lies. You ipods are in big trouble. you will be so dealt with that you'll never forget it.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Ichietome: 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
PointB:

I've always maintained that Nnamdi Kanu was wrong to call Nigeria a Zoo, the proper classification is Jungle. At least the Zoo has some semblance of order. In Nigeria nothing is done orderly.

In the first place, the Military (reduced to merely doing police work) overreached their mandate by declaring IPOB a terrorist organisation. Secondly, the clueless South-East governor tried to capitalised on this by proscribing the group and announcing ban on rallies and protests, directing aggrieved citizen to channel grievances through Ohaneze. And there is the question of Ohaneze. In which way is Ohaneze more representative of Igbos than say IPOB or even MASSOB? Where do they derive their mandate from?

And as if the litany of clueless act was not enough, a police commissioner criminalizes the possession of Biafra paraphernalia.

One recurring decimal in all these is that the elites are trying to suppress freedom through exercise of power they do not possess. This is characteristic of jungle behaviour. This qualifies Nigeria as a Jungle!

For the avoidance of doubt only the Judiciary has the right to pronounce IPOB as terror organisation. Yet I doubt if the same judiciary has the power to ban protest or agitation. That's where the South East governors got it wrong.
Correct

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Ladyjumong(f): 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
IkpuMmiri:
Saraki Is A Comedian! grin
yeah, just like you
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
Odingo1:

[/b]Saraki himself said it[b],that he is a Fulani man,that his family came from Fulani descent, that they bear Yoruba names to honor their mother because they love their mother so much.
[/b]Saraki as quoted[b],na d man talk am ooo.

You are liar. It was his father Senator Olusola Saraki that said he speaks Yoruba because that was his mother's language. The old people of his generation traced his root to a town in Oyo State.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
willibounce1:

Wetin concern Yorubas again? What is wrong with you people. This is the reason you get wasted. so much foolishness. You have to blame everything on yoruba. It is still the same Yorubas that will always save your air heads when you foolishly create troubles for yourselves. Maybe Bukola Saraki is from Enugu.

Whether you like it or not, Ipod criminals have been tagged terrorists. They destroy peoples properties, steal from them, burn mosques, kill people who are not their tribesmen, peddle false information on the FB Biafra page about the NA all in the name of Biafra. What do you call that kinda senseless group? A group that tries to incite the people against the NA and other tribes by uploading fake pictures and lies. You ipods are in big trouble. you will be so dealt with that you'll never forget it.
you are one of the "some yoruba's" i was talking abt.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Ayatullah(m): 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
SARAKI is crying because he knows he will no longer have access to the IPOB MEMBERS he has been using to protect himself and organise solidarity rallies on his behalf. THAT IS THE PLAIN TRUTH.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Odingo1: 2:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
Viergeachar:

@Bolded Hahahahahaha grin grin grin
You are a learner! That publication is false - I have seen it before. It's all politics. The Sarakis are pure Yorubas!! cool
The name Abubakar is not on Saraki's international passport.
No Fulani man will condemn PMB's actions at this time. Only Yorubas can!!!
Well,the man said it with his mouth but it maybe due to political advantage of saying such.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Odingo1: 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
babaolofin:

You are liar. It was his father Senator Olusola Saraki that said he speaks Yoruba because that was his mother's language. The old people of his generation traced his root to a town in Oyo State.
If somebody father said that he is a Fulani and only speak Yoruba as a language of his mother,you expect the son to opposed the father stand.
A family is telling you that they are of Fulani decent and only have Yoruba mother along their lineage and you are tracing their generation for them.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by awa(m): 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nairaboi:
All these people mentioning freedom fighters and including Nnamdi Kanu's name among are criminals. The point is non of these people you mention were ranting upandan calling the president an Animal or insulting yoruba pastors criminals and slowpoke. Non of them threaten the sovereignty of Nigeria or were going about hoisting flags, non of these people you mentioned called Nigeria a zoo. Let it be known that the Igbos have no case in the U. N because they used the wrong moves to pursue their cause especially Nnamdi Kanu who is always having diarrhea of the mouth. The idiot even threaten to go to Abuja and return with the head of the president. All these are recorded and will be shown to the U. N and ICC. He did not carry a gun doesn't mean his words are not meant for war. Action speaks louder than words. Go and try the same thing in USA and see the government reaction. Since Catalonians have been fighting for their emancipation, you will never see them saying they will go to Madrid and return with the leaders head. So yes Nnamdi Kanu is a criminal and need to be treated as such.

Did you ever listen to Legend Fela songs? Zombie...ohhh Zombie....ohhh Zombie
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by obyrich(m): 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
you still don't answer my question.
If I am training secret police, will you wait for the court to declared me a terrorist before I am can be beaten mercilessly.
The army and police has the right to descend on such a miscreants without court interfering.
Or if you see a criminal in your house now, you want court to declared him criminal before you call him criminal?
You have jungle justice mentality. If you see a criminal, it is expected you call the police or if possible, arrest him and hand him over to the police. It is the duty of the police to charge him to court. Go to court and prove your case. You have no right to kill the person except in self-defence which, of course, you must prove beyond reasonable doubt before a court of competent jurisdiction.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
ikombe:
because he said the truth tongue
MY BRO, I CAN'T BELIEVE SARAKI SAID THIS TRUTH...IT IS A ''MIRACLE''! I MUST GIVE A TESTIMONY

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
Buhari fumbled politically and he is paying for it. What pained me most is the overrating given to him by making him the APC presidential aspirant. Tinubu and all those that stood by him might have regretted their action. They wasted their efforts. I also sympathised with Amaechi. Where was Garba Shehu and sarrki on nairaland during the media and online warfare before that election.

For Buhari, a retired general to have allowed the greatest fraud of the election of Senate President and Speaker of the House of Reps is to show how naive and ignorannt he is. The medicine after death strategy to correct his inaction is what contributed to the sickness that is currently threatening his life. He has forgotten that when you are trying to deal with somebody from a place notorious for having spiritualists in large nunmbers, especially, those ones using alujonu (demons), and the person is the son of their late life patron, they will try by all means to prevent him from being humiliated. The attacks he received has now made him to focus on his life survival than the corruption fight.

He wasted the last opportunity.This is a political lesson for all.

The Senate president should dismiss all the generals. It is a senatorial offence to prevent a Biafra flag flying keke from passing through NA check point.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by willibounce1(m): 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
wizzyrich:
you are one of the "some yoruba's" i was talking abt.

Leave yoruba people alone. They are the least of your problems. Igbos are living peacefully everywhere in the SW. Nobody is killing anybody or making any trouble. Go to churches all over the SW, you see igbo and yoruba people worshipping together, yorubas , igbos, hausas and many other tribes are doing busisness peacefully in SW. No yoruba man is giving you any problem. Even in your SE, yorubas don't make any trouble with you, but instead of you to face your problems or make use of your head to avoid creating any problems at all, you create problems for yourselves and when the result comes out, you blame yorubas. Ya'll need to grow up and stop creating unnecessary enemies for the responsible igbos living peacefully outside the SE. You ipods are so full of senseless envy and hatred.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
jrusky:
Look at some one talking about unconstitutional?

Wonder shall never end but it was constitutional to swept corruption charges against you under the carpet isn't?

At least they went to court and followed due process.

If Buhari and his army had gone to court it would have been a different issue.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by centboy123456(m): 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
Jones4190:
the military is very right. THE SIMILARITY: SHEKAU & KANU:

1. Shekau curved an area in the North east and called it Boko haram country, Kanu curved South east and called Biafra his country

2. Shekau formed his military, Kanu formed his military

3. Shekau declare to bring the head Nigeria's president to his acclaimed country, Kanu did same

4. Shekau boast to kill and destroy Nigerian military, Kanu brag the same

5. Shekau banned his followers from attending mosques where boko haram member is not the Imam and Kanu also banned Igbos from attending a church where yoruba is the pastor.

6. Shekau calls Nigeria a country of hypocrites and infidels, Kanu calls Nigeria a country of animals (zoo)

Shekau has his own National flag and cabinet, Kanu also has his own

Let the tribesmen of Nnamdi Kanu spot the differences

A group that has never fired a gun shot has been declared a terrorist group by the Nigerian Army. Buhari's misguided blood sucking herdsmen who have been declared the 4th deadliest group in the world are just cultural businessmen fighting for their rights.
Dumb people of a funny country! They can't even be bias with sense.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Yusman316(m): 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
wizzyrich:
The president and his forces keeps making a fool out of themselves. They dont know the difference between secessionists and terrorists. And some yoruba's who claimed to be a educated are supporting him and jubiliating at the sad incident.

Go and ask the Basque region of Spain what the Central govt see their movement as
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Daeylar(f): 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
PointB:

I've always maintained that Nnamdi Kanu was wrong to call Nigeria a Zoo, the proper classification is Jungle. At least the Zoo has some semblance of order. In Nigeria nothing is done orderly.

In the first place, the Military (reduced to merely doing police work) overreached their mandate by declaring IPOB a terrorist organisation. Secondly, the clueless South-East governor tried to capitalised on this by proscribing the group and announcing ban on rallies and protests, directing aggrieved citizen to channel grievances through Ohaneze. And there is the question of Ohaneze. In which way is Ohaneze more representative of Igbos than say IPOB or even MASSOB? Where do they derive their mandate from?

And as if the litany of clueless act was not enough, a police commissioner criminalizes the possession of Biafra paraphernalia.

One recurring decimal in all these is that the elites are trying to suppress freedom through exercise of power they do not possess. This is characteristic of jungle behaviour. This qualifies Nigeria as a Jungle!

For the avoidance of doubt only the Judiciary has the right to pronounce IPOB as terror organisation. Yet I doubt if the same judiciary has the power to ban protest or agitation. That's where the South East governors got it wrong.

OH. MY.......... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked,
Savagery everywhere

I just had to quote this for emphasis, in case this post accidentally miss.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
Uneducated Nigeria Military and leaders,
they don't teach them how to respect human right....
I don't blame any of them cos they teach them to see others as Animal that is y IPOB is fighting to leave d ZOO
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
Every sane person know they are not terrorists...Yeye military and buhari
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Viergeachar: 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
Odingo1:

Well,the man said it with his mouth but it maybe due to political advantage of saying such.

Now you are talking. grin

But they are wiser now. The Fulanis will never accept them as one of their own. smiley
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
God bless saraki
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Viergeachar: 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
babaolofin:
Buhari fumbled politically and he is paying for it. What pained me most is the overrating given to him by making him the APC presidential aspirant. Tinubu and all those that stood by him might have regretted their action. They wasted their efforts. I also sympathised with Amaechi. Where was Garba Shehu and sarrki on nairaland during the media and online warfare before that election.

For Buhari, a retired general to have allowed the greatest fraud of the election of Senate President and Speaker of the House of Reps is to show how naive and ignorannt he is. The medicine after death strategy to correct his inaction is what contributed to the sickness that is currently threatening his life. He has forgotten that when you are trying to deal with somebody from a place notorious for having spiritualists in large nunmbers, especially, those ones using alujonu (demons), and the person is the son of their late life patron, they will try by all means to prevent him from being humiliated. The attacks he received has now made him to focus on his life survival than the corruption fight.

He wasted the last opportunity.This is a political lesson for all.

The Senate president should dismiss all the generals. It is a senatorial offence to prevent a Biafra flag flying keke from passing through NA check point.

Even Tinubu your demigod has put the NASS elections behind him. angry
Go and sit down jor.
Saraki is right on this one. And yes he is qualified to be senate president. smiley
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
PointB:

I've always maintained that Nnamdi Kanu was wrong to call Nigeria a Zoo, the proper classification is Jungle. At least a Zoo has some semblance of order. In Nigeria nothing is done orderly.

Their exercise is futile. You cannot legislate away the yearning for freedom.
Jesus, Martin-Luther, Martin-Luther-King, Mandela,Galileo, Ghandi and many many others were repressed by the government of the day, but they later prevailed. Restructuring is an idea whose time has come and which will come to pass. Even the Hausa/Fulani parasites know this in their hearts.

"The human will is placed beyond surrender - Wole Soyinka"

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Rolly22(m): 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
IkpuMmiri:
Saraki Is A Comedian! grin
Stop displaying your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
HopeAtHand:
Myndd44 Fulanmafia proudlyngwa blues3k AnonyNymous and all those who argued with me. The Senate President have attested that military erred in proscribing what they have no authority over.

IPOB is not a terrorist organization.

Did a group of people converged as IPOB cause terror or not

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Freeman50(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
Disgusting!

Such a damn confused country......so you knew fully well that it's illegal to deploy the troops to the South east. Why did you suddenly bring this up now.

Medicine after death.....
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
Odingo1:

Saraki is not a Yoruba man,he is a Fulani man,the mother is Yoruba not the father.

It doesn't matter where the father/mother from, everyone have his/her choice to choose where to belong.

The United Republic of Biafra will develop than London. The leaders of IPOB are well equipped with wisdom and diplomatic understanding of positive developments.

IPOB is a nation.

God bless United Republic Of Biafra.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
have you not see the drone? Even your fellow iPods were happy that the drone can even monitor buhari in his bedroom.
Is this they not enough to declared you iPods a terrorist?

I didn't see any drone.
BSS HOD I hail thee oo
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
the 5 south east governors are the most clueless set of people God ever created, I will cut down any of my family member into pieces if they participated in forthcoming Anambra election... I'm not bluffing ,
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by marv1: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
Saraki wants to be relevant. When IPOB was asking for referedum where was Saraki. Useless Senate president. He should give them referedum now instead of playing politics. is he not the senate president ? Let him initiate a referendum if he is really sincere. Yeye senator deceiving himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike Commissions Nkpogu Bridge - Photos / If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri / Leaked Audio: INEC Consultant Caught, Says Tinubu Plans $170M Bribe - Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.