Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (70622 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Consultdenoni(m): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
It's a pity this OP doesn't even know the deeper life he's talking about. It shows the extent the devil has filled his heart and the extent he's gone into error. Every thing Deeper life does is from the scriptures and can be proven. If you you have issues with the Church you can leave in peace, simple! Pastor Kumuyi remains one of the finest preacher of our time. If you meet him in person you'd be amazed and forced to change negative views you had about him. I'm speaking from the experience of my friends back in my University days

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Smony: 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
ObaFemy:
Well, I'm not a member and I can't say all these are true. But, a pastor-friend of mine who is a member of Deeper Life, and is very gifted with prophecy and visions, once told me no one is allowed to share visions or prophecies, unless such visions and prophecies are validated and approved by Pastor W.F Kumuyi.
Sha, i'm nt a memba of Dippa Lyf bt i once heard similar confession abt them lyk diz. ther ar jst ful of themself thinkin dat d ar d only pple dat wl mak heaven. they also wnt u to visit their church bt they visit urs. dats self-center

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by ayberry: 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I don't need Jesus , I have ALMIGHTY GOD.

Now , go and continue following your cult leader.
You need to be enlightened, if you don’t need Jesus then You can never have God because we come to the father through Jesus and Jesus is the express image of God ....i believe you’re a Christian, why do we pray IJN? just answer that in your heart
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
Consultdenoni:
It's a pity this OP doesn't even know the deeper life he's talking about. It shows the extent the devil has filled his heart and the extent he's gone into error. Every thing Deeper life does is from the scriptures and can be proven. If you you have issues with the Church you can leave in peace, simple! Pastor Kumuyi remains one of the finest preacher of our time. If you meet him in person you'd be amazed and forced to change negative views you had about him. I'm speaking from the experience of my friends back in my University days

Nostalgia !
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by teemanbastos(m): 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
Op is angry with something, and that's why his writeup is like this,
I was born and bred in deeper life and I was angry too,
their laws were too tough? why must they give us laws? etc
But then of recent...
1. Pastor Kumuyi may have laid down all these rules to prevent people from falling into sin,
How many guys would fantasize about having sex with someone who dresses like a deeper lifer? when you see them dress you just don't have that urge, so Kumuyi obviously thought of this before he enforced their dress code.
2. Same thing about marriage, the stringent rules were to help his members but recently, he apologised to the church, in his words
"Recently I met some young people, these young people called met their Father in the Lord, then I asked them, which church did you attend? they then mentioned a denomination different from deeper life,..... "
Now Pastor Kumuyi during that Sunday service then said that young people are leaving the church because of barriers placed before them by the marriage committee, he then again apologised and implored the marriage committee to drop some of its over stringent rules that were leading members away from the church, he also spoke about things me myself couldn't believe he could say, I was astonished. (The message should be on YouTube, it was a recent question and answer session on marriage).
The Pastor himself is remorseful, most of his rules were to keep people from sinning and since those rules were sending people away, he had to come and emphasize that those rules were man-made and could be removed.
Kumuyi is a sincere man and not a rigid man, yet He is interested in taking his church to heaven, Only True Holiness can achieve that.

Individuals members most times put Deeper life rules on their head, and imposing rules but please Don't blame kumuyi.
instead of rules, Everyone should be made to understand that we are doing ourselves the favour by loving God not God or kumuyi, how many members does Kumuyi know?

But he preaches and teaches so that we can live right before men and eventually enter majestically into heaven.

3. Kumuyi in 2016 during a deeper life retreat explicitly told his members not to go into politics (the previous day, Lagos state House of Assembly Speaker was present in the program with other members),
Because he knows politics can corrupt good men etc..
Of course.. Some would be angry, why this rule? but yet it was in his love for his church that he made this statement.

I was angry before,
But then I looked at it, was it not for my benefits?
we had no TV when I was young so I wasn't brought up like any other Nigerian child, but Now I'm over 2 decades old and we definitely have a TV but my upbringing and maturity has taught me to distinguish between its merits and demerits,
I discovered that everything paid off for me.

All the prayers ne'er went to waste...

Then I Just Had to bless God for sending Pastor Kumuyi to this generation in my time.

It is true most of the their pastors place emphasis on sins and this make many over conscious of sins etc
but I believe every individual should look up to the creator and not pastors, If you know God has cleansed you, then you shouldn't bother being sin conscious etc.
The too much emphasis on sin might be one of the demerits their pastoral crews may have as More emphasis should be placed on Holiness, The General Superintendent tries his best to preach right, but most pastors are still learning everyday,
We all keep learning everyday.
GS DCLM keeps learning everyday and once he realises that man made rules are pulling people away, he is ever ready to drop those rules so that More people can be saved and remain steadfast in God's word.

Not blaming or blasting the Op, but I pray that the bitterness should go,
OP is definitely bitter at something, I was..
but thank God I am not.
cos your bitterness does DCLM or kumuyi no bad but bitterness affects you only.

Shalom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
teemanbastos:
Op is angry with something, and that's why his writeup is like this,
I was born and bred in deeper life and I was angry too,
their laws were too tough? why must they give us laws? etc
But then of recent...

I am not angry - cheesy

1. Pastor Kumuyi may have laid down all these rules to prevent people from falling into sin,
How many guys would fantasize about having sex with someone who dresses like a deeper lifer? when you see them dress you just don't have that urge, so Kumuyi obviously thought of this before he enforced their dress code.

Deeperlife members are not and should not be Kumuyi's property. He can advise them, but he is not allowed to force dress codes on his church members, that's what Cults do.

Many people in conservative cultures still lust after sex though the women dress modestly. Indeed women and men also should dress decently but no MAN has the right to tell another person what to wear.

Again, deeperlife members are not his property.

2. Same thing about marriage, the stringent rules were to help his members but recently, he apologised to the church, in his words
"Recently I met some young people, these young people called me their Father in the Lord, then I asked them, which church did you attend? they then mentioned a denomination different from deeper life,..... "
Now Pastor Kumuyi during that Sunday service then said that young people are leaving the church because of barriers placed before them by the marriage committee, he then again apologised and implored the marriage committee to drop some of its over stringent rules that were leading members away from the church, he also spoke about things me myself couldn't believe he could say, I was astonished. (The message should be on YouTube, it was a recent question and answer session on marriage).
The Pastor himself is remorseful, most of his rules were to keep people from sinning and since those rules were sending people away, he had to come and emphasize that those rules were man-made and could be removed.

In the first place NO MAN except the parents of the bride and groom, the traditional elders and the bride and groom themselves should be dictating who to marry or not marry, they can offer advice and that's where it should end. The marriage committee is a cult control tactic.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by xaggar(m): 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You always type like a robotic computer programme.

But on this topic you have spoken like a human being and have taken time to address his points. This means you were really affected by the OP. It also means there is some truth in what the OP has said.

That you think every member must know how to spell your pastor's name further buttresses his claims about the cultic nature of your organization.

At last we now know that Ola Adegbu (OLAADEGBU) is a deeper life member. Reading your reference to his comment, I felt he was seriously pained by it.

Now he knows how it feels when Jehovah's witnesses are criticized by his "cult claims" on them.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by ayberry: 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2017
All what you’ve said is just what happens when an individual owns is entity to a particular group or body... for example a Chelsea fan will most likely see a Tottenham or an arsenal fan as an underdog bla bla bla and vice versa, this are thing that happens . A normal mosque goer is way different from an Islamic teblic brother I’m a deeper life member from Birth and all what you’ve said about this church you said from your own perspective. A winner believes all what his pastor says as far as it’s from the Bible ... a Muslim will believe what his or her imam says as far as its from the Quran... don’t speak Ill of anyone or church , it’s always between us and God... if you have any question ask me
I’m not even a worker or a leader. I simply do what I like , I wear clothes I like , I believe people are different and if you choose not to watch TV it’s your choice kumuyi is not forcing anyone, he only adviced not to be take. Away which means not copying everything been done on TV.. I believe this man is so much misinterpreted

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by JerryJude(m): 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
OP u dont understand basic concepts of Bible principles despite the fact that you claimed to be in deeper life for almost 2 decades. Repent
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Awoo88: 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2017
Wanted op to name his district and location he pastored for 20 years. Thanks I saw the moniker. Similar to the moniker a guy here who was a leader in RGGC before he fall off and become agnostic.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Worksunlimited: 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

Huh!?

Are they not one and the same...!? Do note that "No one gets to the Father except thru Jesus." (John 14:6.)

Little wonder, you start/end all your prayer points and supplications with In Jesus Name.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by teemanbastos(m): 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I am not angry - cheesy

Deeperlife members are not and should not be Kumuyi's property. He can advise them, but he is not allowed to force dress codes on his church members, that's what Cults do.

Many people in conservative cultures still lust after sex though the women dress modestly. Indeed women and men also should dress decently but no MAN has the right to tell another person what to wear.

Again, deeperlife members are not his property.

In the first place NO MAN except the parents of the bride and groom, the traditional elders and the bride and groom themselves should be dictating who to marry or not marry, they can offer advice and that's where it should end. The marriage committee is a cult control tactic.

I wish you could meet the pastor.

That man Na nice man, Honestly I wish you could meet him and discuss, Kumuyi is a very sincere man.

All the best bro,
But don't tarnish the image, that's all.

If you had a church that had grown over 4 decades, you wouldn't appreciate it if you saw someone else slandering you online.

Please Don't just slander, Everything that goes round comes round,
I beg of you..

God bless bro.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2017
[quote author=GoodMuyis post=63317111]

In a world filled with prosperity churches and end time pastors, Deeper Life Bible Church stands out.
Here is how.

1. The church and its members are unique: These days, a lot of churches have blended into each other because everyone is trying to be like everyone else. In the midst of all of these, the Deeper Life Bible Church stands out in every way.

A perfect example is their overseer, William Folorunso Kumuyi, who is absolutely different from other preachers. Whilst other church leaders are known for showing off their exotic rides, jets, the Deeper life overseer still has a simple, understated about him.

2. The members have managed to maintain their style: Over the years, there have been a lot of churches that started out one way and are now doing things differently. In a bid to attract more worshippers and blend with the modern times, these churches have dropped the qualities that set them apart from others.

This church has continued to maintain their style. In this era of flamboyant churches (no judgement), Deeper Life continues to remain the same in spite of the criticisms and mockery.

3. The Overseer is not afraid to admit his mistakes: In 2015, Kumuyi created a huge stir when he declared that he would remove the unholy doctrines church practice/principles he created before he dies. According to him, some of his doctrines principles had caused more harm than good, hence the need to remove them, causing providing a purer church.

This shocked everyone because it is unheard of for a Nigerian pastor to admit ti making a mistake. This trait is certainly something worth admiring, let's hope others can learn from it.

4. The church has grown from zero to hundred: In 1973, Kumuyi started a Bible study group while he was a lecturer of mathematics at the University of Lagos. The study group had only fifteen members, who eventually grew in numbers and were able to convince him to start a church. Thus, the Deeper Life Bible Church was born on Sunday, 7 November 1982.

Now, the church has over one million members in more than sixty countries around the world. Reportedly, the church has an attendance of 120,000 every Sunday, more than 500 churches in Lagos, and over 5,000 in the rest of Nigeria. According to foreign policy, this church is the "world largest megachurch".

5. The church's main focus is the Word of God: Enter any church and you are likely to hear sermons on prosperity, blessings, followed by reasons you should pay your tithe. While I have never personally attended this church, everything points to the fact that this church cares about following the Bible to the letter.

Some reviews gathered from the Internet also support this theory. One person wrote, “Kumuyi teaches the Bible (quite masterly and convincingly) as if he was there when it was written!” Another said, “I would classify him as one of the greatest living preachers, giving a straight forward Bible-based message, his sermons thorough, and always personally challenging."

Source: http://www.pulse.ng/communities/religion/deeper-life-5-admirable-things-about-this-church-id6833100.html[/quote. .I really Enjoy services @ Deeper Life..but the thing stopping me from being committed was filled on your post... Stop bringing down other Churches as if they are not 1 body of christ.. we are in a common battle with Devil not other churches..stop comparison with other churches please

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by enemyofprogress: 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2017
Baba Kumuyi must see this
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by teemanbastos(m): 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2017
Also all this competition of churches should stop,
All work together for good,
God called each of the pastors to help everyone living during this time.
Kumuyi was called to teaching Holiness
Oyedepo was called to teaching Faith
Adeboye was called to teaching Redemption

No one should idolise them, they are Just God mouthpiece,
but people want to pattern their lives exactly after this men of God forgetting that every man has a different destiny, you only need their teachings and apply it to your life and be happy In Christ Jesus.

The Church Is One.
the denominations are it's branches,
the aim is to live right on Earth and then Heaven at last.

I repeat no man has the right to castigate any man of God because you were not there when God was calling them, the only one who can castigate any man of God is The One Who Called him.

Even David did not kill Saul (who had lost favour in God's eyes) because Saul was anointed by God.

Everyone should learn.

Watch your tongue.

Face your own life.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by ozimec(m): 12:48pm On Dec 16, 2017
Benevee:
Now with all you've statement, I can say you are not w deeper life member,or you have never served there as a worker.

meanwhile I'm not a member there .

Correct bro. Op obviously started with lies so, no point talking with him.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by michony505(m): 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2017
ayberry:
All what you’ve said is just what happens when an individual owns is entity to a particular group or body... for example a Chelsea fan will most likely see a Tottenham or an arsenal fan as an underdog bla bla bla and vice versa, this are thing that happens . A normal mosque goer is way different from an Islamic teblic brother I’m a deeper life member from Birth and all what you’ve said about this church you said from your own perspective. A winner believes all what his pastor says as far as it’s from the Bible ... a Muslim will believe what his or her imam says as far as its from the Quran... don’t speak Ill of anyone or church , it’s always between us and God... if you have any question ask me
I’m not even a worker or a leader. I simply do what I like , I wear clothes I like , I believe people are different and if you choose not to watch TV it’s your choice kumuyi is not forcing anyone, he only adviced not to be take. Away which means not copying everything been done on TV.. I believe this man is so much misinterpreted
You're right about that man. I attended a deeper life church during my nysc and I was only advice and not forced. People always misunderstand this man
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by michony505(m): 12:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
ayberry:
]You're right about that man. I attended a deeper life church during my nysc and I was only advice and not forced. People always misunderstand this man

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Godsate: 12:59pm On Dec 16, 2017
I was expecting this attack from the antichrists since the day deeper life posted the picture of the new auditorium. A week ago I mean.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Fingerprinter(m): 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

Following one MAN blindly without question. In other words you become a minion when you join the Cult !
Which pentecostal church in Nigeria today is not following one man blindly?
If you have issues with deeper life, come clean and say it abeg
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Omadachi(m): 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
God will judge sin irrespective of any church we attend.Our standing with God depend on our relationship with him.Going about accusing one church or the other is baseless.Who are you to judge others?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by goldensmiles: 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I pity u gentleman...... u call am a man of God a cultist....hmmmmm d lord have mercy on u
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by retake89(m): 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I am not out to destroy one church or any church for that matter. If a church is true it cannot be destroyed.

I am out to expose the myths, fables and total madness being practiced in the Nigerian church, all done in the name of God while society as a whole is going from worse to worse from a purely moral perspective.

You guys need to find God and STOP following MEN!!!

just shut dat pit of a hole u call mouth... which district did u attend? which old group of district did u attend? what's d name of ur district pastor? answer all dix u idiot and let's know if u right
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
retake89:

just shut dat pit of a hole u call mouth... which district did u attend? which old group of district did u attend? what's d name of ur district pastor? answer all dix u idiot and let's know if u right

^^^^^^^^

Christian right there cool
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
FaithfulServant:

Please do, I'm a member of the church – deeper life, and can tell you authoritatively that it's not a cult but more or less a family, with everyone serving one another in love (Galatians 5:13).

The truth is not hidden (John 8:32), and Jesus is the point of focus (Hebrews 12:2).

The church is criticized and given bad reputation by the workers of iniquity (Luke 13:27) because the world which is filled with darkness does not like any good light (John 3:19).

I got my conversion through a brother and member of the church through evangelism, after he ministered to me in the library.

After jumping from one church to another in search of the truth, I find myself too fortunate to narrowly find one.

if he doesn't what will happen? He will go to hell? I hate that church eh, always claiming holiness, someone will be giving u orders as if u are a little child, in my lodge I asked my roommate which church he is going he told me deeper life I told him I rather worship God in my house and give tithe to the needy

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

^^^^^^^^

only Satan does and u are doing now, a true Christian will ignore him and leave everything to God, accuser of brethren
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
Godsate:
I was expecting this attack from the antichrists since the day deeper life posted the picture of the new auditorium. A week ago I mean.
everything will be related to anti Christ cheesy yeye people
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
worldmoney:
grin grin grin grin see trouser �����, someone will not slimfit his trouser
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by FaithfulServant(m): 1:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
Zceesneh:
if he doesn't what will happen? He will go to hell? I hate that church eh, always claiming holiness, someone will be giving u orders as if u are a little child, in my lodge I asked my roommate which church he is going he told me deeper life I told him I rather worship God in my house and give tithe to the needy

Hebrews 12:14 KJV
Follow peace with all men , and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

That settles the argument
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by talk2percy(m): 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2017
Demented set of people. Anyways most Christians are. All Na Wash. Pure biz.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by retake89(m): 1:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

^^^^^^^^

Mr man, answer d questions I asked or u don't have answers to dem?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by mixratio(m): 1:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
ObaFemy:
Well, I'm not a member and I can't say all these are true. But, a pastor-friend of mine who is a member of Deeper Life, and is very gifted with prophecy and visions, once told me no one is allowed to share visions or prophecies, unless such visions and prophecies are validated and approved by Pastor W.F Kumuyi.
This is not a bad thing really. There has yo be orderliness in the house of God. What happens if everybody starts claiming to have seen vision? Bro A sees a vision today and announces it, tomorrow Bro/sis B sees another vision very soon there will be a lot of visions flying about.
If the vision is true, the person won't mind telling the pastor in charge.
I don't attend deeper life though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed / What Pastor Victor Kanyari's Daughter Is Posting On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.