Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (70624 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Opeyemiebun: 10:07am On Dec 16, 2017
kristen12:

Jesus!!! That's a big, fat lie. I'm not a member ooooo but my mum has been working in their marriage committee for more than 27 years and it has never happened.

Please get your facts right and stop spreading lies.

PS. wedding between deeper lifers and other church members is allowed(it happens very well) when due process is followed
I don't take pleasure in argument,they are my next neighbour and we shared the same fence..the man has now left the job and he is now a pastor in the church (he was ordained last year) though their first born is now 20yrs plus
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 16, 2017
From all you've said, its pretty clear that you aren't a member of the church talk less of working as a pastor. The whole list you wrote up are no different from what other churches do, and then they aren't new facts but same old gist non church goers know about deeper life

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Ranchhoddas: 10:11am On Dec 16, 2017
ojochidem:
My brother, I advise that you repent of your sins before it is too late. Heaven and hell are real.
They are not.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by kevoh(m): 10:11am On Dec 16, 2017
Lol... Christianity in general is a cult! The definition of cult is what is confusing so many here! Take a chill people, A cult is not necessarily an evil thing!

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by giftedshantel(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:
I was a Deeper Life member and worker and almost a Pastor for about 20 years.

Initially when you join it appears to be one great club of humble believers, but afterwards you notice the following traits of their organisation ;

• They are beholden to one man, Pastor Kumuyi

• Anything Pastor Kumuiyi says is truth and if you do not like it you must leave or start your own church

• They are so spiritually arrogant, and portray their church as the next best thing to holiness while other churches are either further away from holiness or fake altogether

• They separate families, husbands and wives, children and parents, siblings, co-workers etc .

• If you are in a second marriage and become born again (so called), you must go back to your first wife and reconcile to her, assuming she is unmarried because your second wife is not recognized by God. Imagine the confusion this will cause especially with children involved.

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their own members

• They use hell fire to threaten their members into paying tithes and to abide by church rules and regulations.

• If you are not careful, the church will take over your individuality and you will become another zombie minion without a mind of your own

• The church also has to tendency to preach against wine or alcohol intake, something that was never commanded in the bible, rather the bible says we should do everything in moderation

• It is difficult to be truly happy in Deeper Life because you are always fighting one sin or the other or chasing one demon or the other

• Their focus is strongly selfish, it is all about your own salvation and escaping hell to make heaven.

• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, very similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.

• They preach the fables and myths of a fictitious rapture (started by a charlatan called Scholfield ) , Trinity and Hell fire

Young ones, do not be enticed to join. God has called you to express your individuality and make choices in favour of righteousness and peace. God does not want any man to rule over you or force his own belief on you. You are answerable only to God and not Man.

Enjoy this life and all that goes with you, don’t live a life of misery in the name or religion.

You don't have work please try and get a reasonable work to do, you are saying you are now matured in spirit meanwhile you are calling a church cult, is that not hypocrisy?
Meanwhile you are saying rapture is fictitious and it is in the Bible, please deeper life don't need you, you soppose to have left long ago u are a disgrace to the Christian faith as a whole

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Dmec(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:
You were never a pastor in the church, so stop lying

Initially when you join it appears to be one great club of humble believers, but afterwards you notice the following traits of their organisation ;

• Anything Pastor Kumuiyi says is truth and if you do not like it you must leave or start your own church

• They are so spiritually arrogant, and portray their church as the next best thing to holiness while other churches are either further away from holiness or fake altogether

• They separate families, husbands and wives, children and parents, siblings, co-workers etc .

• If you are in a second marriage and become born again (so called), you must go back to your first wife and reconcile to her, assuming she is unmarried because your second wife is not recognized by God. Imagine the confusion this will cause especially with children involved.

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their own members

• They use hell fire to threaten their members into paying tithes and to abide by church rules and regulations.

• If you are not careful, the church will take over your individuality and you will become another zombie minion without a mind of your own

• The church also has to tendency to preach against wine or alcohol intake, something that was never commanded in the bible, rather the bible says we should do everything in moderation

• It is difficult to be truly happy in Deeper Life because you are always fighting one sin or the other or chasing one demon or the other

• Their focus is strongly selfish, it is all about your own salvation and escaping hell to make heaven.

• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, very similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.

• They preach the fables and myths of a fictitious rapture (started by a charlatan called Scholfield ) , Trinity and Hell fire

Young ones, do not be enticed to join. God has called you to express your individuality and make choices in favour of righteousness and peace. God does not want any man to rule over you or force his own belief on you. You are answerable only to God and not Man.

Enjoy this life and all that goes with you, don’t live a life of misery in the name or religion.
Every church has there own doctrine. If you don't like there teaching, you better go and open your own church.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by kristen12(f): 10:15am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

This is another sign of a CULT.

The bible says that "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from, therefore" and "therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.".

The marriage committee is just another control tool to rule over the church masses. Cults always want to control every aspect of a man's life.

Frosbel!!! I don't just like replying you because you're too shallow for my liking. Apart from criticizing deeper life what else do you use your brain for

Just like someone said, it takes one being a cult member to know another cult member.
You guys should enjoy your cultism together. cheesycheesy

Do have a nice day Mr CULTIST

4 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Whoisshe(f): 10:15am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I am not out to destroy one church or any church for that matter. If a church is true it cannot be destroyed.

I am out to expose the myths, fables and total madness being practiced in the Nigerian church, all done in the name of God while society as a whole is going from worse to worse from a purely moral perspective.

You guys need to find God and STOP following MEN!!!
Really? Do you think God is happy with what you are doing. What you you feel you have exposed now. Things that do not have proof

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2017
did dude that wrote did shitty write up prolly be a loser and an intellect of d lower class ... u pull dwn another mans work to express ya own school f thought ... like deeper life dey beg anybody to b n member

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by omoelerin1: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2017
charismaticdave:

Nobody needs Jesus, you need the Almighty, Omnipotent and Omniscience Father that doesn't judge, doesn't jealous, is love
Exodus 20:5 ------------'I the Lord your God am a jealous God, I am the Lord that visit the iniquity of the fathers upon the children------- V 7 'Thou shall not take in vain the name of thy Lord God, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain'.

Bro, that is Almighty, Omnipotent and Omniscience father for you.

One peculiar thing about Jehovah, God of Israel and father of our Lord Jesus is that he doesn't forgive. No one can escape his judgement.
Israelites were well aware of this fact. If you are familiar with old testament of the Bible, you must know this fact.

Today, world all over only enjoys the saving grace of his son, Jesus Christ, bought for us through his precious blood. That is general grace that covers everyone including unbelievers and sinners.

I John 2: My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Mathewa(m): 10:25am On Dec 16, 2017
I hate depper life... ..

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 16, 2017
omoelerin1:
Exodus 20:5 ------------'I the Lord your God am a jealous God, I am the Lord that visit the iniquity of the fathers upon the children------- V 7 'Thou shall not take in vain the name of thy Lord God, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain'.

Bro, that is Almighty, Omnipotent and Omniscience father for you.

One peculiar thing about Jehovah, God of Israel and father of our Lord Jesus is that he doesn't forgive. No one can escape his judgement.
Israelites were well aware of this fact. If you are familiar with old testament of the Bible, you must know this fact.

Today, world all over only enjoys the saving grace of his son, Jesus Christ, bought for us through his precious blood. That is general grace that covers everyone including unbelievers and sinners.

I John 2: My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

LIAR ! God does not need JESUS to forgive SIN

Isaiah 43:25 - "And yet, I am the God who forgives your sins, and I do this because of who I am.I will not hold your sins against you"

Isaiah 1:18 - "Come now, let's settle this," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.

Isaiah 44:22 - "I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:27am On Dec 16, 2017
Who doesn’t know the OP? A renowned Christian hater who revels in everything that is against the church..I am surprised that people are really thinking he is a Christian...check his profile, he is a well known and self confessed atheist...

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Kulas: 10:27am On Dec 16, 2017
This OP is from Jezebel. I am not a Deeper Life Member but this is one of the churches i respect most that preaches holiness, righteousness and what it takes to be a heavenly candidate. They preach undiluted words of God without whose Ox is gored. OP you are deceiving yourself because probably your conscience is disturbing you because of the kind bullets(preaching against sin) you do hear from them, yet your body cant cope but still indulging in Sin. Why cant you leave them peacefully since your body cant cope so that you can go and enjoy yourself and your worldly life.If more than half of Nigeria atrend Deeper life church, do you think we will be hearing all form of attricities,corruption,immoralities,fornications,adultery,etc,that is eating this country deep. Nonsense post!
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by oluwamitomisin: 10:30am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I don't need Jesus , I have ALMIGHTY GOD.

Now , go and continue following your cult leader.

Now I understand the reason behind your post.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by redsun(m): 10:31am On Dec 16, 2017
They are just bunch of loonies with nothing positive to offer the world.It is a self destructive cult and anybody that takes their teaching seriously is somewhat doomed for life.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by sodeide2013: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2017
my dear brother, I was in deeper life for 7 years a worker but i am now in 4 square. I will advice you to be careful what you say. Though I am no longer a member, the picture of deeper life you are painting here is unfortunate and ungodly. Even the topic of your writing makes me wonder if u are a christian.
First deeper life have one focus Holiness of life, with Christ as example and to make heaven. What is wrong with that? Nothing. The critism of the church is how theu go about it, but fundermentally they are a genuine christian organization.
secondly, the prominence of pastor Kumuti there is not different from other churches. They want to lead their people the way they know. That is not bad
Thirdly, they are against worldliness. That is the area I think they are excrssive. Thanks
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by bukatyne(f): 10:33am On Dec 16, 2017
Singingbae:

What amazes me is that, you never used a Bible verse to counter all this. Pathetic. I guess you never stepped the church talk less of becoming a worker. Liar.
Best thing about this church is that they use Bible verses to back up their claims.
I'm a guy of 20 years old, born in deeper life, will not marry in the place. But I hope my wife changes and we go back to the church, I won't disturb her dressing tho. But I bet, if she follows me to that church for good two months, she'll change without me telling her. Shalom

Are you not funny?

You don't want to marry a deeper life lady but want your wife from somewhere else to become like them (at least in dressing?)

Why don't you just marry the real thing?

You want to ear your cake and have it.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by obidaddy: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2017
I agree with the Op 100%. The use of the "cult" seem to have triggered harsh response and sympathy for Deeper Life, because majority don't understand what the term cult truly mean. Please google "cult" and carefully observe deeper life church members and you will agree at least 80% with the Op.

Dear op, I agree with you 100%!

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Sokovilla(m): 10:36am On Dec 16, 2017
that hijab part? please don't start religious problems again.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by debolayinka(m): 10:36am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

you were never a member of Deeper Life, you're just another pained apostate.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by obidaddy: 10:36am On Dec 16, 2017
I agree with the Op 100%. The use of the term "cult" seem to have triggered harsh response and sympathy for Deeper Life, because majority don't understand what the term cult truly mean. Please google "cult" and carefully observe deeper life church members and their doctrine and you will agree at least 80% with the Op.

Dear op, I agree with you 100%!
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Sokovilla(m): 10:38am On Dec 16, 2017
Mathewa:
I hate depper life... ..
that's too harsh,use another verb the word 'hate' is ungodly
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 16, 2017
My brother, you're far away from Christ. And your claim that deeper life is a cult is totally wrong.
With all your comments, I can depicts that you were never a worker neither been a pastor you claimed to have ever been. You seem to be one leg in and one leg out throughout your 20 years in the church.
I'm not judging you neither I'm I answering you with bible quotes but only using your write up and my 19 years as a member, a worker and member in deeper life.
I gave my life to Christ in 1994 in a CAC Church. I enter higher institution in 1998 when I came across a deeper life member that accommodated me before I got my own accommodation. His attitude and hospitality challenged me to visit his church the following Sunday. From that day I choose to continue with deeper life and till today I'm still there.
If you want to live a holy life and have heaven in mind always, deeper life is the church for you.
Kumuyi is not our Christ but our own Moses that is leading us to premise land.

frosbel2:

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by omoelerin1: 10:40am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

LIAR ! God does not need JESUS to forgive SIN

Isaiah 43:25 - "And yet, I am the God who forgives your sins, and I do this because of who I am.I will not hold your sins against you"

Isaiah 1:18 - "Come now, let's settle this," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.

Isaiah 44:22 - "I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."
You have shallow knowledge of the scripture!

All the verses you quoted above are the prophecies of what would be happened. Which were eventually fulfilled the work of salvation of Jesus. Its ultimate fulfilment is in new testament.

Old testament is the prophecy, new testament is the fulfilment.
Old testament is the shadow, new testament is the owner of the shadow.
Old testament is temporal, new testament is spiritual.
Old testament is the type, new testament is the antitype.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 16, 2017
omoelerin1:
You have shallow knowledge of the scripture!

All the verses you quoted above are the prophecies of what would be happened. Which were eventually fulfilled the work of salvation of Jesus. Its ultimate fulfilment is in new testament.

Old testament is the prophecy, new testament is the fulfilment.
Old testament is the shadow, new testament is the owner of the shadow.
Old testament is temporal, new testament is spiritual.
Old testament is the type, new testament is the antitype.

Lol - grin

On the contrary , they are factual statements made by GOD himself to a specific people at a specific time.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by bukatyne(f): 10:44am On Dec 16, 2017
https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=definition+of+a+cult&oq=definition+of+a+cult&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.15190j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

According to the definition above, all churches are cults and Christianity itself is a cult. We have one center of worship (Jesus) and our lives resolves round doing things the way He would do it.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by debolayinka(m): 10:45am On Dec 16, 2017
ObaFemy:
Well, I'm not a member and I can't say all these are true. But, a pastor-friend of mine who is a member of Deeper Life, and is very gifted with prophecy and visions, once told me no one is allowed to share visions or prophecies, unless such visions and prophecies are validated and approved by Pastor W.F Kumuyi.

I won't believe that at all. I have too many friends that are members of the church and all these claims ain't valid.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by lizychimamanda(f): 10:48am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I don't need Jesus , I have ALMIGHTY GOD.

Now , go and continue following your cult leader.
you wrot poo just to make front page
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Analee(f): 10:51am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

chai!bro with all these statemnt u wer a deep deeplifer,dat church eh!infact wey my papa mak n com hear ds o
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by harbjar(m): 10:51am On Dec 16, 2017
• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, v[b]ery similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.[/b]

•.[/quote]
You people dont get tired of this nonsense, do you..
The article was meant to be about christainity and one of its denominations (deeper life) but you couldnt misa the chance to take that opportunity to attack Islam....
When the Muslims now try fighting back, then you scream "TERORRIST" and cry crocodile tears to world so as to see you as the peaceful one and the muslims as the bad ones
Meanwhile you started it first...
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by deebrain(m): 10:52am On Dec 16, 2017
There is nothing like a perfect church.

Take the wheat and damn the chaff.

Read your bible and take the principles that your spirit agree with (whether they are controversial or acceptable). its a personal thing. You dont need argument in this thing..

If you follow church matter, i wont say more...

Jesus should please come quickly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed / What Pastor Victor Kanyari's Daughter Is Posting On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.