Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,676 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma (7270 Views)

Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo-Asari Calls Out OBJ, Gen. Danjuma In New Post / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by paddylo1(m): 1:34am On Mar 02, 2010
more. . .

- -Mrs Mariam Uwais senior legal practitioner and wife of former Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Muhammed Uwais
- - Mr Kase Lawal Nigerian oil magnate based in Houston
- - Mr Fola Adeolu pioneer Managing Director of Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB).
- -Mr. Basil Omiyi; A engineer and former Managing Director of Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
- - Dr Bamanga Tukur former governor of the old Gongola State
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Onlytruth(m): 1:41am On Mar 02, 2010
The more I look at this Danjuma choice the more I'm convinced he does not belong in a Jonathan team. Danjuma bears a widows curse I wouldn't keep him near me:

[size=14pt]Danjuma Vs Ironsi: A Widow's Curse![/size]

Former Defence Minister and Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma is one distinguished Nigerian whose oratorical vibrancy and intrepid outspokenness marks him out as a courageous man versed in military politics. But sometimes while expressing himself Danjuma betrays the mindset of a man unable to reconcile or come to terms with his moral and intellectual limitations. In the Nigerian politico-military tragedy one doubts if General Danjuma -- much like Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalami or Obasanjo -- should pass off as a hero.

In an explosive interview with The Guardian newspaper in Lagos last two Sundays ago the reverberation of which has continued across the lenght and breath of Nigeria captioned: "Danjuma: My Role In Arrest And Killing of Aguiyi-Ironsi" Gen. Danjuma drew conclusions that could best de described as controversial. Though what he had to say about General Olusegun Obasanjo like his aborted third term gambit, his failure as president for eight years, his greedy acquisitions and criminal privatisation policy is already in the public domain the Aremu of Ota continues to reap whirlwind having sown vice and vile.

General Danjuma's relationship with his former boss deteriorated more because of economic interests and political differences. T[b]he former President was reportedly privy to the confiscation of Danjuma's oil bloc, a blow below the belt which Danjuma took agonizingly[/b]. In 1999 when General Abubakar wanted to re-establish democratic governance after the welcome demise of Gen. Abacha Generals Babangida and Danjuma were among those known to have drafted Olusegun Obasanjo, bankrupt and worn out after the Abacha gaol treatment, to succeed Abubakar and ensure the security of their economic interests. That was why Danjuma even threatened to proceed on exile should Obasanjo failed to be elected President.

The best PDP candidate in 1999, former Vice President Dr Alex Ekwueme, was rigged out of the PDP Jos convention. Obasanjo 'betrayed' both IBB and Danjuma in the end. Babangida's preposterous attempt to succeed Obasanjo was dealt a cruel blow by both the civil society groups and Obasanjo himself. And Danjuma fell out in 2003 with OBJ, a man reputed for his primordial vindictiveness and meanness of spirit. As Defense Minister from 1999 to 2003 Danjuma must have had something serious to say about his ex-Commander-in-chief (or Commander-in-thief?). Having worked closely with the Owu Chief in the military General Danjuma is therefore an authority in both military matters and the political tragedy Nigeriana.

For Danjuma, "Right now, we are standing still… for as long as Aremu of Ota is allowed to control the party and to manipulate things, so long will the standstill continue. We need to dis-couple Aremu from Umaru. We have to return PDP to its original constitution where we don’t have a gerontocratic and expired former head of state to sit at the centre of the affairs of the country. And we don’t have time." Few months before OBJ quit power (in February precisely) Danjuma had spit fire in Kaduna where he picked holes in the much-vaunted campaign of the then President against corruption by asking powerfully: "If a crusader is deficient in integrity, who will believe his gospel?". Today we all know that Obasanjo is not only deficient in integrity but his corruption crusade was nothing more than a smokescreen to cover up his vast corruptly-acquired empire.

Like Orji Uzor Kalu, former charismatic Governor of Abia State and the BOT Chair of the PPA Party, had advocated General Danjuma wants Olusegun Obasanjo returned to prison from where he was brought forward and imposed on the nation in search of democratic solutions to her dictatorship-imposed problems. It may take time but the atrocities of Obasanjo in power may not be overlooked at all times. A time shall definitely come when the Ota farmer would be made to answer to charges of mindless looting of the state and even alleged incest by a son Gbenga.

In the exclusive explosive interview published by The Guardian on Sunday General Danjuma was in his very best eloquent element lambasting Obasanjo and providing clues as to why and how he became "the most toxic leader" we have had since independence. Beyond Obasanjo however the retired General recounted what he knew about how late General G.T.U Aguiyi-Ironsi, former Head of State, was killed in a counter military coup d'etat by Northern officers in 1966 in Ibadan. His role in the assassination of a giant of a man known also as Ironside has been all along very unclear with some people saying he did pull the trigger that silenced General Ironsi.

Describing the assassinated former Head of State as "a useless, desk-clerk Head of State" General Danjuma went beyond what should be accepted by many in the east who still see General Ironsi as a hero. Mrs. Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi, former First Lady, widow of the murdered Head of State took exception to the Danjuma diatribe and she poured her heart out in an interview she granted The Sun in Umuahia last weekend. Fuming with anger in a sharp bitter reaction at both official government neglect and the Danjuma reckless description of her husband forty years after his gruesome murder which provoked the 3-year pogrom against the Igbos Lady Victoria came down hard denouncing both Danjuma and the federal establishment.

Describing General Danjuma as a "blood-thirsty, wicked Igbo hater" Mrs Aguiyi-Ironsi cursed Danjuma invoking vulture to descend on his corpse and devour same. "Yes, vulture! (Banging the table…) For making such a wicked statement against my husband in the paper, that is how vulture will describe him. For a man to make that kind of statement like the kind he made in that paper, it’s vulture that will describe him. Vulture will eat his corpse", she told Shola Oshunkeye, The Sun reporter who did the interview. And continuing she declared "Yes, I have to curse him. He deserves to be cursed because I am very, very bitter. Johnny has lived all over the world with people and I have never seen anyone make reference to him that way. Vulture will answer him, not me. He will go before his God and answer for this iniquity. Vengeance is for the Lord."

Picking holes in the assertions credited to General Danjuma in The Guardian interview Mrs Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi described Danjuma as "shameless coward and a terrible liar" who waited till the witnesses (like ADC Nwankwo) to the cruel elimination of the ex-Head of State had died before going to the press with his half truths and bare-faced lies.

Lady Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi's anger is understandable. She remains a high-profile widow with pain in her heart, pain over a loss so painful, the loss of a dear husband and bread-winner so terrible. Trying to remind her of what went wrong four decades ago and the brutal murder of her husband in Ibadan by the Danjumas of this world should be seen as a deliberate ploy by those who see themselves as heros that they are not to re-open old wounds and strike at the fragile and tender heart of an old woman. General Danjuma deserves the curse from the widow if you ask me.

Let me end this piece by quoting the ex-First Lady when asked by the reporter to describe General Danjuma from her vintage position when the latter was only a Major in the Army: "He has been a very sly and cantankerous man all his life. He is a loner. He doesn’t move with people. He is a dangerous man. We had always suspected him to be a dangerous human being, going by his strange behaviour and the way he kept to himself most of the time". Is there any other better description?

Sunny Chris Okenwa

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/sunny-chris-okenwa/danjuma-vs-ironsi-a-widows-c.html
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by sjeezy8: 1:47am On Mar 02, 2010
^^^ nikku take that trash off. That trash is false and bias at the same time.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Onlytruth(m): 1:49am On Mar 02, 2010
^^^
Idiot, the curse from Mrs Ironsi was very real. I remember reading it in the Sun newspapers. Goat! angry
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Onlytruth(m): 1:52am On Mar 02, 2010
I wouldn't keep such a dangerous man within ten kilometers. A loner is a dangerous man. Again he bears a curse! Current events in Nigeria could precipitate that curse.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by sjeezy8: 1:58am On Mar 02, 2010
STFU NIKKU

I swear down if everyone does by what people read on the internet by igbo or about igbos you would think everyone has a conspiracy plot against igbos.- and nikkus dont

Obasanjo hates igbos but his childrens mother is igbo
IBB hates igbo but his wife is igbo
danjuma gon hates igbo but his bro is married to a igbo lady

anyway danjuma is ok his wife is from the SS so no worrying- yeye boy.
you paranoid goat
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Onlytruth(m): 2:02am On Mar 02, 2010
^^^
Coward, I knew you would return to post trash after I logged out. Sniveling idiot.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by sjeezy8: 2:04am On Mar 02, 2010
ok im a coward so . . . .
actually i was posting when you logged of duh

like i said danjumas wife is a senator in the SS so no worrying  foolish boy.
We are tired of hearing conspiracy theories of yours.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Onlytruth(m): 2:06am On Mar 02, 2010
sjeezy8:

STFU NIKKU

I swear down if everyone does by what people read on the internet by igbo or about igbos you would think everyone has a conspiracy plot against igbos.- and nikkus dont

Obasanjo hates igbos but his childrens mother is igbo
IBB hates but his wife is igbo
danjuma gov hates igbo but his bro is[b] married to a igbo lady[/b]

anyway danjuma is ok his wife is from the SS so no worrying- yeye boy.
you paranoid goat

Wonder why they only see Igbo women to marry. Yeye.
Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread because of an "mpkuru amu aka ekpe" from the west. cool

Danjuma can kill Jonathan. Yes I've said it. The man is [size=16pt]DANGEROUS[/size].
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by edoyad(m): 2:09am On Mar 02, 2010
Onlytruth i'm sorry to say sjeezy is winning this one with solid facts to back him.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Onlytruth(m): 2:11am On Mar 02, 2010
edoyad:

Onlytruth i'm sorry to say sjeezy is winning this one with solid facts to back him.

Okay, edoyad, are you telling me that there are no other middle belters that can perform better than Danjuma? Really.
The man is simply dangerous, and since Jonathan is not Obasanjo, he cannot control Danjuma.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by sjeezy8: 2:12am On Mar 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

Wonder why they only see Igbo women to marry. Yeye.
Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread because of an "mpkuru amu aka ekpe" from the west. cool

Danjuma can kill Jonathan. Yes I've said it. The man is [size=16pt]DANGEROUS[/size].

everyone who is not igbo or from the ss is dangerous in your book. oloshi fellow hahaha paranoid nikku
aint no conspiracy against igbos-
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Onlytruth(m): 2:13am On Mar 02, 2010
Why did Obasanjo (a fellow general) drop Danjuma? How can Jonathan rein that old villain in under his control?
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Onlytruth(m): 2:16am On Mar 02, 2010
Anyway, this is where I get off this argument for now, but my alarms are ringing off the hook now. It is well. Anybody who forgets Nigeria's history is not being smart. Peace. cool
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by PapaBrowne(m): 2:21am On Mar 02, 2010
Truthfully this is a good list. Packed with a some noteworthy technocrats.
Prof Barth Nnaj[/b]i is running a unique power project in Aba hence his advice would come in handy in the power sector.

[b]Mariam Uwais
is a gorgeous beauty and reputable lawyer. She is an example of what a Nigerian woman should aspire to be like. She has vast experience in constitutional law, hence her viewpoints on electoral reform would come in handy.

Basil Omiyi is a former MD with Shell. His contributions on the oil sector and PIB bill would be very useful.

Bamanga Tukur is one admirable northerner. He is an advocate of business development across Africa.  Chairman of NEPAD Business group>.

T.Y. Danjuma is a respected Nigerian by any means.  To some extent you can refer to him as a technocrat as he sits on boards of many very successful Nigerian companies. His reach in the defence sector would make all the difference.

One thing I like with this list is that majority of the folks on are technocrats as against the usual selection of career politicians as was the case with Yar Adua.
Thats a very healthy signal from Jonathan. Impressive.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by edoyad(m): 2:22am On Mar 02, 2010
Sjeezy don't be naive, when it comes to power don't trust these old timers. IBB killed his best man Maman Vatsa cos of power of fear of losing it, who's to say rich old wily Danjuma is not eyeing Jonathan's seat. I just don't trust these old folks at all.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by paddylo1(m): 2:24am On Mar 02, 2010
Anyway, this is where I get off this argument for now, but my alarms are ringing off the hook now. It is well. Anybody who forgets Nigeria's history is not being smart. Peace

well danjuma seems to be a bridge to the next phase. . . .
all we need is good governance,and most of the people on this list are captains of industry in oil,gas,power,banking and so on

we shall see where this goes,Nigeria today is not Nigeria of 1960. . .
nobody harmed yaradua,he is only harming himself
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by adconline(m): 2:32am On Mar 02, 2010
Thanks. I read the whole story. His hurriedly put together foundation. How it took him so long to realize that he has amassed too much wealth than he can spend. [b]Or perhaps a way of telling us that he is not in politics for money.

Didnt he make $500 million as a politrickian? Or did he invest in  stocks?
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by donsteady(m): 2:53am On Mar 02, 2010
i like Danjuma cos he ait scared of any body in Nigeria, he gat the great asset to handle any pressure against Jona. how i wish he could also appoint Wole Soyinka as special adviser on foreign affair lol
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by GENERALG2(m): 4:07am On Mar 02, 2010
Good choice by the Act. President. General DJ, unflinching, stable and did I forget to mention experienced.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Onlytruth(m): 4:41am On Mar 02, 2010
Ok, I'm back:

Jonathan constitutes presidential advisory council

Determined to put the distractions of the past few days behind him, Acting President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday constituted a presidential advisory council with former Minister of Defence, General Theophilus Danjuma as head.
A statement to this effect signed by the acting president’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Ima Niboro, said the council would provide alternative inputs into policy formation, promote good governance in the areas of power, economy, security, infrastructure, social sector, the electoral process, and the fight against corruption, among others.

The council’s other terms of reference, he said included; to evaluate policy implementation and advise on areas requiring adjustments; to advise the president on how to maximize the benefits derivable from government’s efforts; to advise on such actions and programmes that may improve credibility and performance of the government as well as any other matter referred to it by the president.

Other members are foremost constitutional lawyer, Professor Ben Nwabueze (deputy chairman), Mr. Fola Adeola, Mallam Abubakar Gimba, Mr. Basil Omiyi, Alhaji M. D. Yusuf, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Amb. G. B. Preware, Professor Bartholomew Nnaji, and Mr. Kase Lawal.

Also on the council are Mallam Muhammed Hayatuddeen, Justice Alfa Belgore, Hon. Chibudom Nwuche, Mrs. Mobola Johnson, Hajiya Halita Aliyu, Alhaji Magaji Danbatta, Professor B. G. Bajoga, Dr. (Mrs) Sally Bolujoko, Mrs. Mariam Uwai, and Chief Kanu Agabi, Dr. Bamanga Tukur, Alhaji Ismaila Isa, Professor Shehu Said Sarinwata, Dr. Simon C. Okolo and the chairman of the National Economic Summit Group.

According to Niboro, the committee which will be inaugurated on Thursday by the acting president has the permanent secretary (special duties) in the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation as secretary.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/mar/02/national-02-03-2010-009.htm
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Onlytruth(m): 4:45am On Mar 02, 2010
I guess this list is ok with the exception of Danjuma. Some of its members like Prof Ben Nwabueze are champions of democracy in Nigeria and he possesses impeccable credentials and character.
My grouse with Danjuma is based on my suspicion that he may be angling for Vice President position. That would be too dangerous for Jonathan and Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by loma(m): 6:06am On Mar 02, 2010
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by riversman: 6:12am On Mar 02, 2010
Kase Lawal is an OLE THIEF grin grin

DanJuma is BAD NEWS for the NATION!!!! very easy access for the Western military agenda with Danjuma, we need some1 that has blood free hands,
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by ohisng(m): 7:17am On Mar 02, 2010
Danjuma na bad market oh!! Nothing good ever comes out of that man
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Abagworo(m): 7:23am On Mar 02, 2010
no matter how influential,a murderer is a murderer.he will continue to murder.jonathan should have used azazi if he wanted a strong military backing.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by enohj2ee(m): 7:45am On Mar 02, 2010
So meaning 2011 we have the President, So Goodluck have plan and want to Give the 2011 ticket to Gen TY,

That is Cool, Calculation AG GoodLuck.

Am now sorry for BABA OBJ.

Because Gen TY will really deal with all of them for all these cabal.

Who initiate this Cabal? OBJ
Since when? 2007
why? took northern for granted
what is the solution now? Gen TY as President for 2011
what will happen to OBJ and the president cabal actor? Gen TY and God will punish them very soon.

This was the reason why the US and British Govt visited IBB but he refuse to partake in these Cabal,
Thou 2011 is btw Gen TY and IBB according to some secret info.

More news will come out soon.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by EzeCanada: 8:49am On Mar 02, 2010
Unless God intervenes, I foresee blood bath in Nigeria.

Some people from the hills have something up their sleeve.

We all need to commit the Country into the hands of God.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by wirinet(m): 9:31am On Mar 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

The more I look at this Danjuma choice the more I'm convinced he does not belong in a Jonathan team. Danjuma bears a widows curse I wouldn't keep him near me:

[size=14pt]Danjuma Vs Ironsi: A Widow's Curse![/size]

Former Defence Minister and Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma is one distinguished Nigerian whose oratorical vibrancy and intrepid outspokenness marks him out as a courageous man versed in military politics. But sometimes while expressing himself Danjuma betrays the mindset of a man unable to reconcile or come to terms with his moral and intellectual limitations. In the Nigerian politico-military tragedy one doubts if General Danjuma -- much like Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalami or Obasanjo -- should pass off as a hero.

In an explosive interview with The Guardian newspaper in Lagos last two Sundays ago the reverberation of which has continued across the lenght and breath of Nigeria captioned: "Danjuma: My Role In Arrest And Killing of Aguiyi-Ironsi" Gen. Danjuma drew conclusions that could best de described as controversial. Though what he had to say about General Olusegun Obasanjo like his aborted third term gambit, his failure as president for eight years, his greedy acquisitions and criminal privatisation policy is already in the public domain the Aremu of Ota continues to reap whirlwind having sown vice and vile.

General Danjuma's relationship with his former boss deteriorated more because of economic interests and political differences. The former President was reportedly privy to the confiscation of Danjuma's oil bloc, a blow below the belt which Danjuma took agonizingly. In 1999 when General Abubakar wanted to re-establish democratic governance after the welcome demise of Gen. Abacha Generals Babangida and Danjuma were among those known to have drafted Olusegun Obasanjo, bankrupt and worn out after the Abacha gaol treatment, to succeed Abubakar and ensure the security of their economic interests. That was why Danjuma even threatened to proceed on exile should Obasanjo failed to be elected President.

The best PDP candidate in 1999, former Vice President Dr Alex Ekwueme, was rigged out of the PDP Jos convention. Obasanjo 'betrayed' both IBB and Danjuma in the end. Babangida's preposterous attempt to succeed Obasanjo was dealt a cruel blow by both the civil society groups and Obasanjo himself. And Danjuma fell out in 2003 with OBJ, a man reputed for his primordial vindictiveness and meanness of spirit. As Defense Minister from 1999 to 2003 Danjuma must have had something serious to say about his ex-Commander-in-chief (or Commander-in-thief?). Having worked closely with the Owu Chief in the military General Danjuma is therefore an authority in both military matters and the political tragedy Nigeriana.

For Danjuma, "Right now, we are standing still… for as long as Aremu of Ota is allowed to control the party and to manipulate things, so long will the standstill continue. We need to dis-couple Aremu from Umaru. We have to return PDP to its original constitution where we don’t have a gerontocratic and expired former head of state to sit at the centre of the affairs of the country. And we don’t have time." Few months before OBJ quit power (in February precisely) Danjuma had spit fire in Kaduna where he picked holes in the much-vaunted campaign of the then President against corruption by asking powerfully: "If a crusader is deficient in integrity, who will believe his gospel?". Today we all know that Obasanjo is not only deficient in integrity but his corruption crusade was nothing more than a smokescreen to cover up his vast corruptly-acquired empire.

Like Orji Uzor Kalu, former charismatic Governor of Abia State and the BOT Chair of the PPA Party, had advocated General Danjuma wants Olusegun Obasanjo returned to prison from where he was brought forward and imposed on the nation in search of democratic solutions to her dictatorship-imposed problems. It may take time but the atrocities of Obasanjo in power may not be overlooked at all times. A time shall definitely come when the Ota farmer would be made to answer to charges of mindless looting of the state and even alleged incest by a son Gbenga.

In the exclusive explosive interview published by The Guardian on Sunday General Danjuma was in his very best eloquent element lambasting Obasanjo and providing clues as to why and how he became "the most toxic leader" we have had since independence. Beyond Obasanjo however the retired General recounted what he knew about how late General G.T.U Aguiyi-Ironsi, former Head of State, was killed in a counter military coup d'etat by Northern officers in 1966 in Ibadan. His role in the assassination of a giant of a man known also as Ironside has been all along very unclear with some people saying he did pull the trigger that silenced General Ironsi.

Describing the assassinated former Head of State as "a useless, desk-clerk Head of State" General Danjuma went beyond what should be accepted by many in the east who still see General Ironsi as a hero. Mrs. Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi, former First Lady, widow of the murdered Head of State took exception to the Danjuma diatribe and she poured her heart out in an interview she granted The Sun in Umuahia last weekend. Fuming with anger in a sharp bitter reaction at both official government neglect and the Danjuma reckless description of her husband forty years after his gruesome murder which provoked the 3-year pogrom against the Igbos Lady Victoria came down hard denouncing both Danjuma and the federal establishment.

Describing General Danjuma as a "blood-thirsty, wicked Igbo hater" Mrs Aguiyi-Ironsi cursed Danjuma invoking vulture to descend on his corpse and devour same. "Yes, vulture! (Banging the table…) For making such a wicked statement against my husband in the paper, that is how vulture will describe him. For a man to make that kind of statement like the kind he made in that paper, it’s vulture that will describe him. Vulture will eat his corpse", she told Shola Oshunkeye, The Sun reporter who did the interview. And continuing she declared "Yes, I have to curse him. He deserves to be cursed because I am very, very bitter. Johnny has lived all over the world with people and I have never seen anyone make reference to him that way. Vulture will answer him, not me. He will go before his God and answer for this iniquity. Vengeance is for the Lord."

Picking holes in the assertions credited to General Danjuma in The Guardian interview Mrs Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi described Danjuma as "shameless coward and a terrible liar" who waited till the witnesses (like ADC Nwankwo) to the cruel elimination of the ex-Head of State had died before going to the press with his half truths and bare-faced lies.

Lady Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi's anger is understandable. She remains a high-profile widow with pain in her heart, pain over a loss so painful, the loss of a dear husband and bread-winner so terrible. Trying to remind her of what went wrong four decades ago and the brutal murder of her husband in Ibadan by the Danjumas of this world should be seen as a deliberate ploy by those who see themselves as heros that they are not to re-open old wounds and strike at the fragile and tender heart of an old woman. General Danjuma deserves the curse from the widow if you ask me.

Let me end this piece by quoting the ex-First Lady when asked by the reporter to describe General Danjuma from her vintage position when the latter was only a Major in the Army: "He has been a very sly and cantankerous man all his life. He is a loner. He doesn’t move with people. He is a dangerous man. We had always suspected him to be a dangerous human being, going by his strange behaviour and the way he kept to himself most of the time". Is there any other better description?

Sunny Chris Okenwa

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/sunny-chris-okenwa/danjuma-vs-ironsi-a-widows-c.html

The logic presented above is more warped than space and time approaching a singularity. You have been able to stretch the truth beyond recognition.

How can you allege that General Danjuma's relationship with his former boss deteriorated more because of economic interests and political differences. The former President was reportedly privy to the confiscation of Danjuma's oil bloc, a blow below the belt which Danjuma took agonizingly. It is public knowledge that general Danjuma fell out with OBJ less than 6 months on assumption of office and is said to have resigned at least 3 times during his tenure as defense minister. He was clearly not part of the kitchen cabinet of OBJ. The oil block seizure came up after 2007 and it was mainly due to his opposition of third term. OBJ punished every body whose opposed his third term project economically or politically and rewarded supporters handsomely.

Please explain how Ekwueme was rigged out. Was it Ekwueme himself that complained that he was rigged out? You people are so inconsistent that a chameleon's colour possess more stability. It is you people who scream turn by turn and rotational presidency and at the same time you talk about rigging someone out. It is public knowledge that OBJ was released from prison specifically to assume the presidency as a compensation for June 12, so any other thing that took place was "film trick" by actors including Ekwueme.

So Orji Uzor Kalu is your idea of a charismatic leader, and you say that you are not a chronic tribalist. Maybe you should campaign for him for presidency.  Since to you he is more credible than Danjuma.

The only issue against Danjuma is the Ironsi episode, and that was during coups and war situation. A lot of atrocities happens during these situation. Tafawa balewa  and Ahmadu Bello ware alleged to have been assassinated by Igbo soldiers and a lot of other atrocities had been committed during the various coups, counter coups and alleged coups, by most senior retired military officers. That is why we should resist illegal take over of government and prosecute anyone who attempts it.

I understand Mrs Ironsi's point of view and the pains she suffers especially  with Danjuma opening old wounds. And i believe it was insensitive of him to bring up the issue again, just like IBB did with Vasta. I believe we should be reconciling past mistakes instead of opening up old wounds.

Since your hatred for Danjuma is blinding, then who do you suggest, have better credentials? Remember he must be from the North (because of turn by turn arrangement), be acceptable by the northern elites and their southern counterpart, have no godfather and can keep the military in check.
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by riversman: 9:53am On Mar 02, 2010
DANJUMA IS A THIEF, OLE>, BARAWO, ONYOSHI,

HE is TROUBLE AND BAD NEWS TO NIGERIA's succes,
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by enohj2ee(m): 10:33am On Mar 02, 2010
My people, let not forget any Political or military arrangement  in Nigeria without involving a North central calculator will end up a failure. so Let not forget that North Central Hold Nigeria as the Tide as the name.

OH I now remember the map of Nigeria that the North Central is the Heart of the country.

No part of the Body can workout any thing without the heart.

So are you plan any thing without the Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Kogi, Nasarawa, Niger or FCT men In particular, them Count a failure, this is the most reason why Gen TY came up. Iam proud to come from their, but not proud of people like Andooaka any way
Re: Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 02, 2010
Kase Lawal is from Ibadan . Oyo state Nigeria, he is based in US

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe / Rising Poverty Greatest National Security Threat, Says Atiku / Obidients & Sane Nigerians, Let's Count The Results From The IREV.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.