Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy (32536 Views)

Clement Onyemelukwe: 'Father Of Electricity’ In Nigeria Died At 86 (Photos) / Osekola Obaze And Rotimi Akeredolu Resemblance Is Striking (Photos) / Oseloka Obaze Wins Anambra PDP Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Africonji: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
Anambra: Ekwueme’s Daughter Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy

By Vincent Ujumadu

Awka- MRS. Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe, daughter of second republic vice president, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, was yesterday unveiled as the deputy governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the November 18, 2017 election in Anambra State. Governorship candidate of PDP, Mr. Oseloka Obaze, who introduced Mrs. Onyemelukwe to a large crowd of PDP members at a ceremony at the party’s state secretariat in Awka, said that as his deputy, Onyemelukwe would be his partner in turning Anambra State around and returning her to the trajectory, where the state would not just be working, but would be an example that other states to emulate.

He explained that Mrs. Onyemelukwe’s selection signified a strong public pronouncement of his commitment to gender mainstreaming, women empowerment and a 60-40 percentage targeted ratio in political appointments, saying that he looked forward towards collaborating and sharing responsibilities in delivering good governance and dividends of democracy to the people in Anambra State.

Obaze said: “Lady Chidi has the requisite administrative experience to drive our broad vision of taking our dear state to the very zenith where it truly deserves to be. Obaze with MRS. Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe, daughter of second republic vice president, Dr. Alex Ekwueme “She is a promoter of excellent and qualitative education and has a great passion for the advancement of women affairs and for female gender mainstreaming in governance. Accordingly, she has run a foundation that is critically focused on development of human capital via education. “Lady Chidi also had the opportunity and privilege in the past to serve this country as the Chairman, Board of Directors, Federal Housing Authority and also as Special Assistant to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs).

“Her experience on SME is vital to our vision of creating employment for our large number of teeming youths and also for women empowerment. “I am glad about these qualities that she is bringing on board and I must say that it is a privilege to have her on our team. She is certainly among the very best, because Anambra deserves the best.”

In her acceptance speech, Onyemelukwe promised to assist Obaze in turning around Anambra State, assuring that they would provide selfless service to the people. “I charge all our party members, our women in particular, to join hands to get our state to pick up the gauntlet and get out to the field to win the trust of Anambrarians that this PDP ticket of Obaze/Onyemelukwe, indeed, presents a better alternative to take our state to the Promised Land,” she said.

Mrs. Chidi Onyemelukwe is a graduate of Law from the University of Wales, United Kingdom and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1990. She also bagged a Masters Degree in International Law and Diplomacy and Master of Business Administration from the University of Lagos and Duquesne University, Pittsburg in the United States of America respectively. She had a brief stint as an Adjunct Professor of Finance in Florida, USA and is currently involved in Real Estate Law Practice and International Business. PDP candidate, Mr. Oseloka Obaze and his running mate, Mrs. Alexznadria Onyemelukwe (Standing) during her introduction to PDP members yesterday in Awka.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/pdp-ekwuemes-daughter-unveiled-obazes-deputy/

10 Likes

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Africonji: 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
globemoney, it is game over for your propaganda government. cheesy I know you are already jittering. This is a technical knockout for you and your ugu propaganda, igr embezzlement, substandard flyover and infrastructure neglection boss. cheesy

22 Likes

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by duby017: 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
perfect match! my vote is for #OHO

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by brownsugar23: 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2017
if you like pick the father as your running mate PDP will not win

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
anybody but apc

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by globemoney: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2017
Africonji:
globemoney, it is game over for your propaganda government. cheesy I know you are already jittering. This is a technical knockout for you and your ugu propaganda, igr embezzlement, substandard flyover and infrastructure neglection boss. cheesy
hahaha, africonji una wicked oh, look at how you people deceived adaobi lol... Pdp is now an empty shell in Anambra,, All the heavyweights have left, Obaze will not even win his ogbaru because Stella oduah has joined APga lmaoo, but ifeanyi uba will remain in pdp to finally destroy the party.. Great plot.. At the end of the day obaze may try his luck in you lg in abia state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Africonji: 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
globemoney:

hahaha, africonji una wicked oh, look at how you people deceived adaobi lol... Pdp is now an empty shell in Anambra,, All the heavyweights have left, Obaze will not even win his ogbaru because Stella oduah has joined APga lmaoo, but ifeanyi uba will remain in pdp to finally destroy the party.. Great plot.. At the end of the day obaze may try his luck in you lg in abia state

Mechionu there you this propaganda foool. Your paymaster is owing former local council workers salaries, has incurring the largest debt in Anambra history, commissioning private people's investment and fake rice that Ndi Anambra citizens cannot even see to buy in the market, propagandering fake ugu farm. And you are here defending failure. You are a big fooolll!!! It is game over for you and your boss. Mark my words.

7 Likes

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by globemoney: 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
Africonji:

[s]Mechionu there you this propaganda foool. Your paymaster is owing former local council workers salaries, has incurring the largest debt in Anambra history, commissioning private people's investment and fake rice that Ndi Anambra citizens cannot even see to buy in the market, propagandering fake ugu farm. And you are here defending failure. You are a big fooolll!!! It is game over for you and your boss. Mark my words.[/s]
Obianos first tenure is better than adaobis entire wasted 8 years.. If obaze sees 2nd in this election I will know he really tried, infact if he wins obiano in his ogbaru I will know he tried.. Tell peter obi that the only way he can get his 7 billion now is by starting kidnapping business.. lmaoo

https://www.nairaland.com/4067082/anambra-least-foreign-domestic-indebted#60648688

9 Likes

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by prodigy24: 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
This guy is not going anyway! Obaze is peter obi's pet. We don't want babies again.....

4 Likes

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Africonji: 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
globemoney:

Obianos first tenure is better than adaobis entire wasted 8 years.. If obaze sees 2nd in this election I will know he really tried, infact if he wins obiano in his ogbaru I will know he tried.. Tell peter obi that the only way he can get his 7 billion now is by starting kidnapping business.. lmaoo

https://www.nairaland.com/4067082/anambra-least-foreign-domestic-indebted#60648688

When will your thief governor account for Okwute's N75 billion naira? You are talking nonsense and rubbish. Ndi Anambra will meet you thieves and embezzlers at the polls. Anumanu.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by LasGidiOwner: 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
This clown why have you neglected your dead Abia state instead you are focused on the progressive Anambra. Tufiaa

Africonji:

When will your thief governor account for Okwute's N75 billion naira? You are talking nonsense and rubbish. Ndi Anambra will meet you thieves and embezzlers at the polls. Anumanu.

3 Likes

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by greatiyk4u(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
Waste of time

Peter Obi thinks Anambra is his business empire where he tests/ decides who heads the Government

He should go and rest and thank his God for being the first Gov to complete 2 tenures since 1999

Tony Nwoye all the way!

9 Likes

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Zico5(m): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
Ok, the wise among igbo are setting pace for their children while the fools among them are dying like chicken. Foolish set of people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
Th
Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Finstar: 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
Waste of time..

Anyway, visit my signature for lots of businesses you can do here in NIGERIA and make money. They are well detailed and able to guide you. Visit www.entmirror.com

1 Like

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by dtruth50: 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
hahaha no election in Anambra but they are doing campaign and INEC said more than a million have registered. My question is "those that registered, are they ghosts?"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Mrkumareze(m): 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
globemoney:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Franco2017(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
This old man should simply go and rest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGLJrcWBvRw

3 Likes

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by asawanathegreat(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
Road to failure is close to u people in this election.
Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by AuroraB(f): 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
Onyemelukwe
Wow!
Got me thinking smiley

1 Like

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by martineverest(m): 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
Obaze name sounds edo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by drizslim(m): 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
Ndi Wayo
Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by GavelSlam: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
Erection in Anambala?
Wonderful!

1 Like

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Amarabae(f): 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
Congrats to the incoming governor of Anambra, obiano the fake MOUs signing man must go! Anambra deserves better, Henry Obaze is the right man!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by omenka(m): 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
Right..

And her father was busy frolicking with terrorists.. cool

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by months: 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
Clearly, my state is positioning itself to produce a female Gov.

We dont just have beautiful women but Beauty with brians.

I envisage Alexandra, Bianca Ojukwu and Stella Oduah slugging it out for Governor in the not so distant future.

Bianca Ojukwu should be Soludo Vice, if and wen he does emerge under APGA first and their after Gov.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
Dead
Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by pentax(m): 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
Obiano will still win

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
Waste of resources

1 Like

Re: Alexandria Chidi Onyemelukwe Unveiled As Obaze’s Deputy by Chiedu4Trump: 8:15pm On Sep 20, 2017
Danielmoore:
anybody but apc
That's it
I no mind donkey sef.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Party Queries Kogi State Chairman, Excos Over Poor Reception At The Rally / Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) / Okorocha Celebrates General Rogers Nicholas, Promoted By Buhari(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.