Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,741 members, 7,813,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman (27284 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Timbuktuo: 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
Daboomb:

I agree with you 101%.
I am happy that Tafa Balogun was removed from office and jailed.

The thing is, unlike other Nigerian tribes, Yorubas are generally different when it comes to shielding a thief from their tribe, it is against their culture and that has been the case from time immemorial.... until recently when shamelessness seems to have become a badge of honor amongst all Nigerians.

We need out own country, bros. It's tiring sharing the same space with lunatics and criminals.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Empressabbie(f): 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
GoldNiagara:

This girl no get sense, so she should be excused cos she is a woman thief. We find it appalling that a woman will have the temerity to steal such humongous kind of money.
I look forward to the time some nigerians will learn to read and comprehend, for now most of them can only read. She is not in any way saying she should be excused, what she's trying to say is the emphasize on 'she's a woman' is too much. Men can steal so can women, why laying emphasis on a gender. Whenever anybody steals, punish the person irrespective of the gender.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by lexy2014: 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sterope:
Spot on!
is dasuki in jail cos he is a woman?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Sterope(f): 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
Has anybody told you why we shouldn't let women rule because of Diezani?
lexy2014:
is dasuki in jail cos he is a woman?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by DTaj: 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
Timbuktuo:
Yes, just like Sambo Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu who are also women.

I am yet to see what this woman contributes to the public sphere asides storytelling. In terms of logic and critical thinking, she is seriously deficient.

Abeg, carry your useless identity politics stay for Yankee or Europe or wherever you choose to be. We have too many problems for you to come and start chatting trash here.

God bless you! Nothing to add...

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by nwabobo: 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
Icon79:
Dumb and brainless - *Fixed.

Dumb and brainless tool of the illuminati. She's defending a kleptomaniac just because she wants to stand for feminism!
May God have mercy on this generation!!!

O pari

Are you a Yoruba Muslim?

Sorry for asking.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by lasimbo(m): 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Come on Chimamanda shout up that ur silly mouth. I respected you till you said this rubbish. She I riddicled this way because of the amount she stole. Please unfortunately for her she is the one that is in the spotlight.

Don't play the feminist card that is not right n it doesn't apply. She shamelessly went to steal then u expect us to be quiet because she is a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by NabeelAbu: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
I advise Chimamanda not to dabble into politics. It's a game understood only by the politicians
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Fadedjeans: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ore000:
ok, what are you trying to say
Ibori that went to prison is now a haemaphrodite

Help me ask her. I like her a lot but sometimes her opinions come across as irrelevant and unobjective. If she's saying this to please a certain audience, then it doesn't make sense. Most people reacted the way they did because of the enormity of the crime she committed and not because she is a woman. There are proofs that she embezzled and misappropriated public funds and she has to be accountable for it.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by lexy2014: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sterope:
Has anybody told you why we shouldn't let women rule because of Diezani?
u didn't answer d question I asked. all u should have said was a simple yes or no...then maybe a few lines 2 buttress ur point
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by GoldNiagara(m): 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
Empressabbie:
I look forward to the time some nigerians will learn to read and comprehend, for now most of them can only read. She is not in any way saying she should be excused, what she's trying to say is the emphasize on 'she's a woman' is too much. Men can steal so can women, why laying emphasis on a gender. Whenever anybody steals, punish the person irrespective of the gender.

Psst what is this one yapping about! See comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by lasimbo(m): 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
undecided please american woman read and explain to us as you got A1 in comprehension and the rest of us Nigerians cant comprehend

You are a Chimamanda fan from your statement.
Empressabbie:

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by lexy2014: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
Empressabbie:
its chimamanda who is making it a gender issue cos I am yet 2c any reference 2 diezanis gender since her travails began. chimamanda is a feminist&it sometimes makes her raise false alarm

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by seangy4konji: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
Her brain is shaking.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by chikarism: 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
Intrepid01:
The major reasons why I've never fancied this lady are; she's an extreme feminist, Igbo conservative despite the level of exposure and in doing that she appears unreasonable. So Ibori that wen to jail for looting na Woman abi.....wait, is she trying to defend corruption? OMG! she wont stop to annoy me

na u sentence Ibori ba

tnk she is a feminist who are u?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by naturefellow(m): 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2017
Walelavender:
Feminism rubbish. Not a single sense from her submission. Diezani theft was a record one,hence, her 'victimization' should be proportional to the volume of the loot in her kitty. So we should celebrate her right?
#Iskanchi
Exactly! Diezani's victimization is very directly proportional to the magnitude of her loot �
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Oyinda32(m): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
aminulive:

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/22/diezani-wouldnt-treated-bad-man-chimamanda-adichie/

I beg to disagree with this your position madam "Feminist". Did Diezzani Embezzled our money? Yes! Is she a Thief? Yes. Dasuki is also facing his own presently, even worst than hers. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
It is because Nnamdi Kanu was not a Muslim Terrorist
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Icon79(m): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
Nope. 101% Igbo Christian here. Igbo Kwenu!!

But I know that Chimamanda is just being propped up and used by the one world govt agenda.
Take it from someone who knows grin

O pari

nwabobo:

Are you a Yoruba Muslim?

Sorry for asking.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by kingthreat(m): 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
wristbangle:

cheesy LOL

I have to read her speech again and what comes to my mind is if she or her type becomes the president of this country (not that I am envying), all men (whether good/bad) are in trouble. Her stance will make most ladies become arrogant, rude and possessive to the extent that cockroach would be seen to have more value than men.

You talk out of wisdom based on a personal experience with some feminists. On point bro
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Bigsteveg(m): 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
nwabobo:

Do you have a problem with comprehension?
You can enroll me in your school.
#ode
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Aygem(m): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
kimbraa:
You're the deficit one in logical and critical thinking.

She didn't say Diezani should've been exonerated from the theft she was alleged to have committed but the notion that because "She's a woman" then more was expected of her. A man could steal but women can't. Both should be treated equally when found guilty of any crime instead of shaming the woman because she's a woman.

Tell me how women were not treated equally.

Dora Akunyili did well and was praised.
Madueke allegedly stole was vilified.

Dasuki allegedly stole, still in detention
Shiite Leader still in detention allegedly harassed.

I want to know where Women were allegedly not treated fairly when accused.

Ibori was more harassed than Madueke even as a Governor.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by otokx(m): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
By their fruits you shall know them.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by ivolt: 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
Icon79:
Nope. 101% Igbo Christian here. Igbo Kwenu!!

But I know that Chimamanda is just being propped up and used by the one world govt agenda.
Take it from someone who knows grin

O pari

So many gullible people roaming the internet, sometimes you wonder how they are able
to cope in life.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by revolt(m): 4:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
I think feminists should be shot

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Aygem(m): 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
Empressabbie:

There was never a reference to her gender but her loot.
Chimanda is the one bringing a gender dimension to it.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
nwabobo:
Beauty and brains.

I just read are novels. Minus her good story telling abilities she is one of the dumbest, senseless people I know of

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Intrepid01(m): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
chikarism:

na u sentence Ibori ba

tnk she is a feminist who are u?

you see, see anoda idiot that reasons through the anus...You so much lack the intellectual power to contribute meaningfully to discussion at hand. slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by abels(m): 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
Timbuktuo:
Yes, just like Sambo Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu who are also women.

I am yet to see what this woman contributes to the public sphere asides storytelling. In terms of logic and critical thinking, she is seriously deficient.

Abeg, carry your useless identity politics stay for Yankee or Europe or wherever you choose to be. We have too many problems for you to come and start chatting trash here.
pls send me ur account number for this comment

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by totorimi: 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
A thief is a thief no matter the gender, tribe or religion. My issue in Diezanni's case is that govt keep pilling accusations upon accusations come up with hard facts and extradite her to face Justice here in Nigeria and if found guilty she goes to jail and face the music.

I am not surprised the drama of accusations and counter accusations on her matter, let's I forget this is Naija where some animals are more equal than the other. The last time I checked her husband was an ex military head and you know when espirit de corps matters shit happens.

Back in the days the used to tell us during job orientations that children from poor homes are prone to stealing so as control people they must be monitored but this womans case defiles all known theories on criminology. For a woman who was born with a silver spoon, ex first lady to a military head of state, former executive director in an oil company, good heaven's she has seen it all so why steal like that like there's no tomorrow.
This must be wickedness to self and nation or she is demon possessed.
For a woman to steal with total determination to wreck the nation after she is gone beats my imagination.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Sterope(f): 4:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
That was the answer to your question.

If you have read the article and you saw my comment, you wouldn't have asked that question to begin with. Next time, please take your time and read.

No one is criticising the treatment that is being meted to Diezani however you don't suppose we stand by and watch fo.ols question women and their ability to lead because of Diezani.

lexy2014:
u didn't answer d question I asked. all u should have said was a simple yes or no...then maybe a few lines 2 buttress ur point
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Timbuktuo: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
abels:
pls send me ur account number for this comment

If you no send the money we go fight o. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 43rd Birthday Today / Soyinka Apologizes For Criticizing Buhari: "It Was A Miscommunication" / My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.