Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman (27322 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Sterope(f): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
You must not have been reading. Nigerian men have done well to link her loot to her gender. Are you sure the lot of you aren't suffering from selective reading and listening?

I doubt Chimamanda would care if Diezani is sentenced to life imprisonment, but she would care when fools_ insult their entire female folk because of Diezani.

Aygem:

There was never a reference to her gender but her loot.
Chimanda is the one bringing a gender dimension to it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Subconscious(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
So sad most folks don't think before commenting on a post . What happens to objectivity ? They so quick to type with anger and frustration ....The truth is making them insecure

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by mechanics(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Timbuktuo:
Yes, just like Sambo Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu who are also women.

I am yet to see what this woman contributes to the public sphere asides storytelling. In terms of logic and critical thinking, she is seriously deficient.

Abeg, carry your useless identity politics stay for Yankee or Europe or wherever you choose to be. We have too many problems for you to come and start chatting trash here.
don't mind her, she should go to court to defend her, if she has a point.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Icon79(m): 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
Judging by your limited vocabulary, I really can't get mad at you.
I will just feel sorry for you sad

O pari

ivolt:

So many gullible people roaming the internet, sometimes you wonder how they are able
to cope in life.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by wman(m): 4:40pm On Sep 22, 2017
And if they say most Nigerians are retarded now, they will argue otherwise. See how they rushed to comment without comprehending her statement.
A journalist said, "And she is a woman" meaning men can steal but women can't steal.
Why should men be expected to steal and female politicians not expected to steal.
She never said the woman shouldn't be punished.

Read before rushing to comment.
Being the first to comment won't make you any wiser.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by mysteryman2014: 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
This is a big disappointment coming from Chimamanda
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Crossguy: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ore000:
ok, what are you trying to say
Ibori that went to prison is now a haemaphrodite
Take two bottle of origi

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by dsocioemmy(m): 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
All this one know is 'man vs woman' thing

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by reciprokal: 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
This woman has become boring with too much feminist bullcrap.

Only few people would understand that this attention-jockeying Dumbo is stripping women off the advantage they have in society.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by ebosse(m): 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sterope:
You must not have been reading. Nigerian men have done well to link her loot to her gender. Are you sure the lot of you aren't suffering from selective reading and listening?

I doubt Chimamanda would care if Diezani is sentenced to life imprisonment, but she would care when fools_ insult their entire female folk because of Diezani.

Yea. Nigerian Men ' in your dreams' . Nobody I KNOW ever made mention of gender in this case or any other theft case I know of . You guys ladies r fond of creating problems where there was/is none!! why? Why? Why?

Since we are talking gender , I would let you know men are constantly stripped and 'roasted' everyday for theft in the country , while the worst being done to Ladies is 'stripped and humiliate'. When it comes to the issue of theft , you ladies are certainly getting more favored.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Collyno82(m): 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
Intrepid01:
The major reasons why I've never fancied this lady are; she's an extreme feminist, Igbo conservative despite the level of exposure and in doing that she appears unreasonable. So Ibori that wen to jail for looting na Woman abi.....wait, is she trying to defend corruption? OMG! she wont stop to annoy me
Read with understanding not with sentiment, pls.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by calliope(f): 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
DOMAWOLEYE:
I respect Chimamanda for her literary prowess. But this her feminist fight i think is targeted at gaining relevance internationally, she also supports gay-ism and lesbianism. She knows her game and it is paying her internationally.
And you had to drag the lgbt into this? sad making it seem as such a bad thing. Well, just so you know Gay rights are human right too. So quit with pettiness already!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Collyno82(m): 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
wman:
And if they say most Nigerians are retarded now, they will argue otherwise. See how they rushed to comment without comprehending her statement.
A journalist said, "And she is a woman" meaning men can steal but women can't steal.
Why should men be expected to steal and female politicians not expected to steal.
She never said the woman shouldn't be punished.

Read before rushing to comment.
Being the first to comment won't make you any wiser.
Thanks bro for educating the likes of Omenka, Intrepid01, Walelavender, Ore000 n others who read without comprehending
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Backinfront(m): 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
zinizta:
SHE IS PROBABLY SAYING WE SHOULD STOP TRUSTING WOMEN AND EXPECTING SO MUCH FROM THEM
This is what she implied but some guys here are just mad because she is a celebrated feminist and a married woman. If she was single and unhappy they would be a bit soft with their criticism. Weak ass niggas.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Backinfront(m): 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
sukkot:
no wonder she married that weak looking mexican nigga. she couldnt handle a reeeaaalll nigga. she want someone she can bully around. yeye pipo
Weak? Yet it is men like that that control men like you with burnt skins. Jealous niggas, angry that they are so weak when it comes to handling women. With all your "strength" look at your country and your continent.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by sukkot: 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
Backinfront:
Weak? Yet it is men like that that control men like you with burnt skins. Jealous niggas, angry that they are so weak when it comes to handling women. With all your "strength" look at your country and your continent.
that weak nigga is a mexican. i control that fool. and mexico is worse than nigeria

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Backinfront(m): 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
sukkot:
that weak nigga is a mexican. i control that fool. and mexico is worse than nigeria
Shattap. I can see through you. Hating on fair men would not get you out of the bottomless pit where you reside.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by sukkot: 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
Backinfront:
Shattap. I can see through you. Hating on fair men would not get you out of the bottomless pit where you reside.
fair men are weak men. the darker the berry the sweeter the juice. fair men are GMO men. genetically modified ass niggas

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by wtfcoded: 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Nna gi muru gi. Asa nwa uvuru ya na anu oku!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by EdenChuk(f): 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
Oh! how I love this woman!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by preaches(m): 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
[quote author=Timbuktuo post=60717129]Yes, just like Sambo Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu who are also women.

I am yet to see what this woman contributes to the public sphere asides storytelling. In terms of logic and critical thinking, she is seriously deficien
LOLz
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by itsandi(m): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
Cool... Read interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Backinfront(m): 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2017
sukkot:
fair men are weak men. the darker the berry the sweeter the juice. fair men are GMO men. genetically modified ass niggas
Your continent reflects your strength. Big mouths, small brains.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Sterope(f): 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
You need to start opening your eyes wider and read to understand instead of not glancing through.

I cannot count the number of times I have come across threads where men conveniently used her to conclude why women should not rule neither can I count the number of times I have heard that rubbish. I have replied to a few. If you haven't been seeing them, your problem not mine. I have seen them and heard it, do not tell me what I have experienced.

Can we not compare apples and oranges? I am not about to get confused tonight because you are trying to do a fine job of that. Where have you seen me or women commending jungle justice? And where have you seen women justifying same against men?

ebosse:

Yea. Nigerian Men ' in your dreams' . Nobody I KNOW ever made mention of gender in this case or any other theft case I know of . You guys ladies r fond of creating problems where there was/is none!! why? Why? Why?

Since we are talking gender , I would let you know men are constantly stripped and 'roasted' everyday for theft in the country , while the worst being done to Ladies is 'stripped and humiliate'. When it comes to the issue of theft , you ladies are certainly getting more favored.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Walelavender(m): 7:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
Collyno82:
Thanks bro for educating the likes of Omenka, Intrepid01, Walelavender, Ore000 n others who read without comprehending
A bitter pill seems hard to swallow-truth. I need no one to tutor me on how to answer comprehension question. Her submission is appalling. I stand by my position. You could place your lens on a different perspective.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by sukkot: 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
Backinfront:
Your continent reflects your strength. Big mouths, small brains.
what continent is that ? africa the giant of the world ? fuc-k outta here weak ass mexican ass nigga.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Collyno82(m): 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
Walelavender:

A bitter pill seems hard to swallow-truth. I need no one to tutor me on how to answer comprehension question. Her submission is apalling. I stand by my position. You could place your lens on a different perspective.
Right is right n wrong is wrong. is not a perspective issue. No matter the perspective ur coming from failure means failure n the heavens is higher than the earth.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Lilswaghanxum(m): 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
Goke7:

she is following chinua achebe's footsteps who goofed at the end with the last book he wrote, any surprise?

If Chinua Achebe goofed because he wrote that book 'There Was A Country '.
why not go ahead and write yours and this time please don't goof.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Boyooosa(m): 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
kimbraa:
You're the deficit one in logical and critical thinking.

She didn't say Diezani should've been exonerated from the theft she was alleged to have committed but the notion that because "She's a woman" then more was expected of her. A man could steal but women can't. Both should be treated equally when found guilty of any crime instead of shaming the woman because she's a woman.
Did u hear ur self? Must u feel 'gender' inferior? Which one is man criminal, which one is a non-man criminal. So because she is a woman criminal now, we should overlook her crime. No be your fault, na Obasabjo wey bring GSM, na him cause all these negative freedom of expression wey u dey enjoy now.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Walelavender(m): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
Collyno82:
Right is right n wrong is wrong. is not a perspective issue. No matter the perspective ur coming from failure means failure n the heavens is higher than the earth.
I find it difficult to fathom what you put together here.However,I'm an 'Apostle' of values. I don't take it lightly when analysing the issue of corruption,most especially when it has to do with our commonwealth. It's more than hanging a dog to give it a bad name.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by abels(m): 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
Timbuktuo:

If you no send the money we go fight o. grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
Boyooosa:

Did u hear ur self? Must u feel 'gender' inferior? Which one is man criminal, which one is a non-man criminal. So because she is a woman criminal now, we should overlook her crime. No be your fault, na Obasabjo wey bring GSM, na him cause all these negative freedom of expression wey u dey enjoy now.
Which of the schools did you attend?. You're a disgrace to your alumni.

Simple written English, you failed to comprehend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soyinka Apologizes For Criticizing Buhari: "It Was A Miscommunication" / My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp / Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54