Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman (27344 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
Timbuktuo:
Yes, just like Sambo Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu who are also women.

I am yet to see what this woman contributes to the public sphere asides storytelling. In terms of logic and critical thinking, she is seriously deficient.

Abeg, carry your useless identity politics stay for Yankee or Europe or wherever you choose to be. We have too many problems for you to come and start chatting trash here.

But u are still on nairaland and no one knows you. Continue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Intrepid01:
The major reasons why I've never fancied this lady are; she's an extreme feminist, Igbo conservative despite the level of exposure and in doing that she appears unreasonable. So Ibori that wen to jail for looting na Woman abi.....wait, is she trying to defend corruption? OMG! she wont stop to annoy me

Is she not Igbo? So she should be an Hausa or Yoruba conservative?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
Goke7:

she is following chinua achebe's footsteps who goofed at the end with the last book he wrote, any surprise?

Goofed at the end? Na your village people goof am? Achebe's worries is not identity politics, He tried politics after the war but later said no. His problem from day one was that no one was tried for the war crimes committed during the civil war. Imagine the Asaba massacre and the other one.
He never hated Nigeria or any other tribe, he just said that people should have been tried for war crimes. The dude is respected and will still be respected even in death.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Feminism is for idiots. Expect idiots to be idiotic. She is good at one thing, storytelling; she should stick to storytelling. You don't see John Grisham, Sydney Sheldon et al dabble into politics. They have respected themselves and stuck to the sphere in which they thrive.

You have now shown your little knowledge? What is wrong with feminism? Is it not to get equal pay and equal rights for women?
The society had these standard of a woman and standard of a man, while in truth all "man" is created equal. Embrace Feminism, nothing wrong with it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Intrepid01(m): 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Is she not Igbo? So she should be an Hausa or Yoruba conservative? Aturu Ocha. Igbo hater, go and commit suicide, Tribalistic Bastard.

Wow! Wow! Wow! here comes another Rabble rouser...it's in their blood; hot tempered , senseless, emotional rather than sensible, self pity, hatred for all......when will you guys , I mean all of you start to reason with your head rather than your heart?.....go get a mirror.....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2017
Intrepid01:

Wow! Wow! Wow! here comes another Rabble rouser...it's in their blood; hot tempered , senseless, emotional rather than sensible, self pity, hatred for all......when will you guys , I mean all of you start to reason with your head rather than your heart?.....go get a mirror.....
Siren keep wowing, no one is hot tempered, you were being tribalistic.
Ps: sorry for the insults tho. Quite immature.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Intrepid01(m): 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Siren keep wowing, no one is hot tempered, you were being tribalistic.
Ps: sorry for the insults tho. Quite immature.

Lol...you see you felt the guilt cos I didn't insult you back. that's how to dogde the bait....We all can learn to do it by being cerebral rather than emotional in analysing events and situations even when it affects us, our family, tribe or nation.

Most Igbos need to learn that, I have no reason to beef Adichie, I only said it as it is.....defending corruption on the basis of feminism and tribal sentiment is the lowest level she can ever go........#huge dissappointment
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
calliope:

And you had to drag the lgbt into this? sad making it seem as such a bad thing. Well, just so you know Gay rights are human right too. So quit with pettiness already!
Pettiness you say? Well that's my opinion and I have a right to it!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soyinka Apologizes For Criticizing Buhari: "It Was A Miscommunication" / My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp / Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.