Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill (15598 Views)

Burial Photos Of Buba Umar Jibril, Late Reps Deputy Majority Leader / Dino Melaye On Condolence Visit To Umar Jibril's Family In Abuja (Photos) / “not Even UN Can Stop The NGO Bill” – Umar Buba Jibril For House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
agabaI23:
please mee
send where??
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by agabaI23(m): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
Piiko:
send where??
sent you a pm. Reply with it. Thanks
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by bullbull2: 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
grin shocked

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by toyecoach(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
millhouse:
NGOs are not regulated by the govt oga ..they have an independent body ..u have a govt that hasnt been able to deal with high pressing matters na NGO be their problem now because election is around the corner.
Please who's sponsoring the bill? Is it the FGN?
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by askuburi2: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
We d pple of maiduguri know vry well Wat NGOs and other international organisation missions are...So anyone who try oppose anything that will regulate their movement Is hypocrite...
I didn't know sen. Sani will be one of them. ..shame on him...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by poseidon12: 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
God bless you Senator Shehu Sani for standing up for freedom of speech. They want to impose dictatorship on us through the back door.
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by kings09(m): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Who does not know that this Buhari's administration is aimed at abusing our human rights?

In a saner country, the man would have being impeached by now.

Nice one from Shehu Sani
The likes of sillymods wont agree

3 Likes

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Ajekuiya: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2017
SillyMods:
In all sane societies, NGO funding is regulated. From USA to UK, from Russia to Turkey. No where in the world are NGOs left unmonitored because they can easily be used for financing of terrorism and related activities.

Truth is mine.

They are not talking about fund regulations but the NGO itself
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by sleazy5(m): 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2017
Piiko:
sent
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by poseidon12: 6:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
toyecoach:

Please who's sponsoring the bill? Is it the FGN?

Bill is being sponsored by a member of House of Rep who is a deputy leader of a committee and is an APC member. Name is Honorable Jubril.
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by 4pppp(m): 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
If the eventually pass this bill they will join us and suffer it
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by cryslar22(m): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
Piiko:
A house of reps member dropped the bill on our whatsapp group, who wants to read it??
interested in a copy please. adenle069@gmail.com
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by islandmoon: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
the group like SAVENIGERAGROUP and co will be in trouble! this government is a dictatorship like! everything about this country is evil!
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by sybarite7(m): 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
CHURCHES GO HEAR AM HOT,COS DEM GO DEY REGULATE THE WAY DEM DEY SPEND MONEY. THE SAME WAY BRITISH GOVERNMENT DO KICC AND WINNERS CHAPEL PASTORS...

1 Like

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Integrityfarms(m): 8:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
Piiko:
sent
Please send to sunnycliff87@gmail.com. Tanks in anticipation
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by toyecoach(m): 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2017
poseidon12:

Bill is being sponsored by a member of House of Rep who is a deputy leader of a committee and is an APC member. Name is Honorable Jubril.
Ok, but the comments here makes it seems it was an executive bill, some people hate Buhari with passion sha

1 Like

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by olisaemeka1(m): 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
SillyMods:
In all sane societies, NGO funding is regulated. From USA to UK, from Russia to Turkey. No where in the world are NGOs left unmonitored because they can easily be used for financing of terrorism and related activities.

Truth is mine.

Please please you said in all SANE societies ......ask your self is Nigeria a SANE society.....
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by drey076(m): 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
Piiko:
A house of reps member dropped the bill on our whatsapp group, who wants to read it??
Kindly forward it to me bankole788@gmail.com
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by GuyfawkesAB(m): 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
I personally think we are ripe for such a bill. NGOs and civil societies which includes Churches, Mosques and every religious organisations need some form of regulation or overseeing especially their funding and operations. A lack of this is why we see religious organisations spending lavishly and unaccountable to anyone or its books checked. So also most NGOs in this part of the world are only setup to raise funds and then spend it on other things other than their so called objectives. Most of the proceeds of crime today are easily laundered in these 'regulated' organisations in the form of tithes, donations and fundraising.
In saner climes, these group of organisations are regulated, especially when it comes to their funding and financial audit. We all know why Ashimolowo of KICC started transferring most of his wealth from UK to Nigeria. He can't personally own as much in the UK as he owns here. They are closely monitored.
Don't just jump on the bandwagon of those who just want to lend their voice to a protest they don't understand. If there is any part of the provisions of the bill we are not satisfy with, let us point them out and provide better solutions. The bill can't be 100% wrong and punitive against NGOs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2017
cryslar22:
interested in a copy please. adenle069@gmail.com
sent
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by GuyfawkesAB(m): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
These group of organisations today are the easiest route to launder money gotten from crime and proceeds of corrupt acts
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by GuyfawkesAB(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
One of the bane of this country is the sheer complacency and unintelligence of her youth. Rather than go and read the proposed bill, point out areas that need review (because the bill can't be wrong in it's entirety and goals), and even engage in sensible debate on what is best, you see them just opening their mouth to say thrash.
I saw a campaign online today asking for signatures to oppose the proposed bill. I asked a few of the people posting and sharing the campaign if they had read the bill or understand what it seeks to achieve,and I got a dumb NO as an answer. That is just the reflection of the average Nigerian Youth today. I don't know which is dumber, the American or Nigerian Youths?
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
Integrityfarms:

Please send to sunnycliff87@gmail.com. Tanks in anticipation
sent
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
drey076:

Kindly forward it to me bankole788@gmail.com
sent
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Reference(m): 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
GuyfawkesAB:
One of the bane of this country is the sheer complacency and unintelligence of her youth. Rather than go and read the proposed bill, point out areas that need review (because the bill can't be wrong in it's entirety and goals), and even engage in sensible debate on what is best, you see them just opening their mouth to say thrash.
I saw a campaign online today asking for signatures to oppose the proposed bill. I asked a few of the people posting and sharing the campaign if they had read the bill or understand what it seeks to achieve,and I got a dumb NO as an answer. That is just the reflection of the average Nigerian Youth today. I don't know which is dumber, the American or Nigerian Youths?

You don't have to read a book before coming to a personal conclusion. Sometimes the title speaks volumes and some choose not to proceed and be persuaded. What is wrong with that. Do you read through everything you come across before concluding whether it is worth it or not. I don't read most things on this forum but I have a lot of views on most things.

1 Like

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2017
Many NGO are imperialist tools to destablise African countries and some of them are responsible for recruiting for terrorist like Boko H, or encouraging agitators like IPOB.

Foolhardy not to regulate any foreign owned organisation operating in your country.

This regulation seems to have scared imperialist catfishes operating on NL, Here is just a few of those commenting in this thread.

islandmoon:
the group like SAVENIGERAGROUP and co will be in trouble! this government is a dictatorship like! everything about this country is evil!

poseidon12:

Ajekuiya:

They are not talking about fund regulations but the NGO itself

arrestdarrester:

God bless this Sen Shehu Sani and his generation

DVC1:
Well as for me NGO have been of great help to Nigeria especially in aspect of unemployment. I hope whatever the government have in mind as to regulate their activities is not to start extorting money from them. I know this so called men can do anything for money if they can confidently divert items which are meant for internally displaced persons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by bezimo(m): 11:43pm On Sep 23, 2017
SillyMods:

Truth is mine.

Stop exposing your ignorance..
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Nigeriadondie: 12:34am On Sep 24, 2017
arrestdarrester:

God bless this Sen Shehu Sani and his generation
Pls dont get carried away or fooled with this one from Shehu Sani. He is as useless as all other senators.

If Shehu Sani is sincere let him advocate for cuts on their bogus allowance which is shrouded in secrecy?

Why has he not advocated for transparency in how constituency allowances are spent so that we can see if these monies are actually spent on projects or diverted into private pockets?

Infact, why has he not deem it fit to canvass for abolishment of constituency projects cos d sole duty of the legislature is to enact laws not to finance projects which is d sole duty of d executive. May be d legislature should also be given money for constituency allowances so we know all 3 arms of govt have allowance for projects.

Why has he not canvassed for stiff penalties for public offiecers who enrich themselves with public funds?
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by osibenaezekiel: 3:23am On Sep 24, 2017
Piiko:
sent
can you also copy my email osibenaezekiel@yahoo.com
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Ratello: 3:30am On Sep 24, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

This move is meant to ban and expel NGOs like Amnesty Intl and Transperency Intl who have severely condemned this govt on gross human rights abuse and widespread corruption.

Now that's the frigging truth.

Please don't tell me that Amnesty International and Transparency International had been banned by this useless govt.
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Nobody: 3:34am On Sep 24, 2017
Thank you, Shehu Sani.
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Nobody: 4:48am On Sep 24, 2017
GuyfawkesAB:
I personally think we are ripe for such a bill. NGOs and civil societies which includes Churches, Mosques and every religious organisations need some form of regulation or overseeing especially their funding and operations. A lack of this is why we see religious organisations spending lavishly and unaccountable to anyone or its books checked. So also most NGOs in this part of the world are only setup to raise funds and then spend it on other things other than their so called objectives. Most of the proceeds of crime today are easily laundered in these 'regulated' organisations in the form of tithes, donations and fundraising.
In saner climes, these group of organisations are regulated, especially when it comes to their funding and financial audit. We all know why Ashimolowo of KICC started transferring most of his wealth from UK to Nigeria. He can't personally own as much in the UK as he owns here. They are closely monitored.
Don't just jump on the bandwagon of those who just want to lend their voice to a protest they don't understand. If there is any part of the provisions of the bill we are not satisfy with, let us point them out and provide better solutions. The bill can't be 100% wrong and punitive against NGOs.

We Christians won't allow that bill to pass. We have a Muslim population to fear. Why are people behaving like this? Is it under this Buhari regime that we would just sleep and allow any bill just pass without being alert? Muslims have misbehaved too much under Buhari so we have cause to fear. The bill won't pass. Period!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Boycott 2019 Election' - Nnamdi Kanu Tells IPOB In New Year Speech (Audio) / President Buhari In Bilateral Meeting With State Of Palestine (Photos) / Having Accomplished His Mission In PDP, Is Obaseki On His Way To APC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.