Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill (15616 Views)

Burial Photos Of Buba Umar Jibril, Late Reps Deputy Majority Leader / Dino Melaye On Condolence Visit To Umar Jibril's Family In Abuja (Photos) / “not Even UN Can Stop The NGO Bill” – Umar Buba Jibril For House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Nobody: 4:51am On Sep 24, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Pls dont get carried away or fooled with this one from Shehu Sani. He is as useless as all other senators.

If Shehu Sani is sincere let him advocate for cuts on their bogus allowance which is shrouded in secrecy?

Why has he not advocated for transparency in how constituency allowances are spent so that we can see if these monies are actually spent on projects or diverted into private pockets?

Infact, why has he not deem it fit to canvass for abolishment of constituency projects cos d sole duty of the legislature is to enact laws not to finance projects which is d sole duty of d executive. May be d legislature should also be given money for constituency allowances so we know all 3 arms of govt have allowance for projects.

Why has he not canvassed for stiff penalties for public offiecers who enrich themselves with public funds?

Please let's leave their allowances for now and concentrate on the protection of the rights of millions of Nigerians. I personally like Mr Sanni so much and I wish he could win the next kaduna gubers but we all know the "Islamic" folks in Kaduna would not vote him as he doesn't have extremist views like the current man in the office.
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by guonno: 4:53am On Sep 24, 2017
My fellow senator, help me tell the South West now o, them go soon say we dey attack their buhari o.

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by LordofNaija: 6:23am On Sep 24, 2017
Piiko:
A house of reps member dropped the bill on our whatsapp group, who wants to read it??
Can i see it
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by islandmoon: 7:36am On Sep 24, 2017
ok
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by islandmoon: 7:39am On Sep 24, 2017
GenBuhari:
Many NGO are imperialist tools to destablise African countries and some of them are responsible for recruiting for terrorist like Boko H, or encouraging agitators like IPOB.

Foolhardy not to regulate any foreign owned organisation operating in your country.

This regulation seems to have scared imperialist catfishes operating on NL, Here is just a few of those commenting in this thread.

Mr President, you dont leave your sense behind when commenting on Nairaland, simply ask Osibanjo to comment on crucial issue like this on your behalf instead of making blunder online
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Timsen: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2017
There is nothing one would not see in this country............ This bill must not scale through oooo
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Timsen: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2017
There is nothing one would not see in this country............ This bill must not scale through oooo
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by hexy40: 8:44am On Sep 24, 2017
SillyMods:
In all sane societies, NGO funding is regulated. From USA to UK, from Russia to Turkey. No where in the world are NGOs left unmonitored because they can easily be used for financing of terrorism and related activities.

Truth is mine.
What is the full meaning of NGO ?
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by FeloniousFelon: 8:58am On Sep 24, 2017
Ratello:

Please don't tell me that Amnesty International and Transparency International had been banned by this useless govt.

Remember how Buruntai hired a bunch of Yoruba touts to picket Amnesty Intl's office after the latter released a damning report against the Nigerian govt, Army and Kaduna state over the Shia massacre?

1 Like

Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Ajekuiya: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2017
GenBuhari:
Many NGO are imperialist tools to destablise African countries and some of them are responsible for recruiting for terrorist like Boko H, or encouraging agitators like IPOB.

Foolhardy not to regulate any foreign owned organisation operating in your country.

This regulation seems to have scared imperialist catfishes operating on NL, Here is just a few of those commenting in this thread.

Well said genbuhari, but pls what kind of regulation does BBOG need, it's an NGO too.
Re: NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill by Fairly29: 9:23am On Sep 26, 2017
Hi,
I signed a petition to House of Representatives: Federal Republic of Nigeria which says:
"HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES STOP THE NGO REGULATORY BILL"
Will you sign this petition? Click here:
http://citizengo.org/en/87221-house-representatives-stop-ngo-regulatory-bill?tc=wp&tcid=40093312
Thanks!​

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Yahaya Adoza Bello And The Others / Tinubu’s Drug Money Forfeiture & Doyin Okupe’s ₦13 Million Fine - Reno Omokri / El-Rufai Vs NLC: Can A Governor Declare Anyone Wanted? What The Law Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.