Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,840 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October (17320 Views)

Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? / Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription / Sony Mobile To Shut Operations In Africa & The Middle East By October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Dantedasz(m): 9:14am On Sep 25, 2017
kingtblackhoc:

just take a good look at yourself. Nobody will answer your questions cos it is too mumuish: only a mumu answer will do justice to ur question. U see? Dats y nobody will help u. When a stupid question is asked,it makes the person answering stupid too....

Your moniker tells me all I need to know about your mental state.
The questions which you nit wits haven't been able to answer three pages later are-
1.Is the Epl football commentary in English or Arabic?
2.Who has the exclusive rights to the Epl in Africa?
Your lies will be exposed in a few days time.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laliga01: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=judgedredd22 post=60806014][/quote]

Oh yeah.....that one thing your LovePeddler mama told me was her only regret.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Slayer2: 9:48am On Sep 25, 2017
tidedroid:
star times isn't dead.its got German,Italian and French ligue one.unless u're not a football lover then yes I guess its not a viable option like dstv

Yeah bro I don't watch football. One sport I hate so much. Just running around kicking ball.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dustmalik: 10:18am On Sep 25, 2017
princetom1:

I was reading on their Facebook page last night, that's the bein sport channels are internet based. I really hope not dou...
The internet based stuff is probably true given some pictures some privileged people have posted so far. You'll notice ipHD written at the top right. Personally, I think this is a terrible idea. I wonder how much data one will require.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 25, 2017
dustmalik:

The internet based stuff is probably true given some pictures some privileged people have posted so far. You'll notice ipHD written at the top right. Personally, I think this is a terrible idea. I wonder how much data one will require.

1 match will consume up to 2-3gb.. tested that before on my android box with Mobdro.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by tidedroid: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2017
Slayer2:

Yeah bro I don't watch football. One sport I hate so much. Just running around kicking ball.
haha! its d beautiful game to the rest of us grin
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Dantedasz(m): 11:25am On Sep 25, 2017
dustmalik:

This is the true picture of things.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by chloride6: 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
Dexter247:

1 match will consume up to 2-3gb.. tested that before on my android box with Mobdro.

Even so, two subscriptions of 3k equal 6k which is far better compared to DSTV.

Besides how many people watch matches outside their favorite club match

Maybe one or two if its a derby. For instance once I watch Chelsea match , I seldom watch another match that day. Watching another match means an extra 2 hours that I don't have .

One match on Saturday, one on Sunday. I follow the rest with highlights on YouTube.

Even champion league if my club isn't playing, I won't watch except it is going to be very interested.

That 2gb calculation is for 720p.

If you tune down the resolution to 480p, the total bandwidth consumed should be a little over one gig.

Besides not a lot of people have 720p capable tv.

I see dstv launching there own internet tv soon. Along with my and Airtel.

Airtel already operate Iptv in India.

2 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
laliga01:

Oh yeah.....that one thing your LovePeddler mama told me was her only regret.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Temihatz(m): 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
Waiting patiently for October 1st. It's going to be the best independent day so far. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Keeppushing: 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
Just like every new brand, they come with exciting offers but for how long will it last. I heard Federal government is involved, that gives me some doubts.

Meanwhile: Enjoy 50% Discount on any IT Course of your choice this September.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laliga01: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=judgedredd22 post=60812675][/quote]
Smiles: you must be a wizard. How did you know exactly what your LovePeddler mother told me when she came to my house?
Check well I could be your father, son.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by johndasoba: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
IdeeEsperanza:
TSTV can't beat dstv and gotv in terms of of service and audio visuals quality. It'll just be like Startimes....wack!
wack like how ,startime is doing good in there on area with improve and quality HD Channels dolby sound on STA-SAT...know more things about them before you call them wack,they dont show EPL fine but they show bundesliga,seria a.france league game, and other game in HD with intresting HD programms like bollywood (you can change the language to 7 different language including yoruba) a lot like that WHICH DSTV /GOTv do not have can you hear me DO NOT HAVE. TSTv is coming to take over :p watch out
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by johndasoba: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
IdeeEsperanza:
TSTV can't beat dstv and gotv in terms of of service and audio visuals quality. It'll just be like Startimes....wack!
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by kally01(m): 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
CHESTER48:
Oga dstv bought which rights? DSTV PNLY BOUGHT MULTICHOICE RIGHTS AND THATS JUST IT..Nothing more supersport is an african channel owned by a south african..oya let them go buy all the rights from being sports,,and note tstv is not a satelite like dstv..tstv offers more
uncle read what I said ohh am actually in support of tstv ojj
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Isiterere(m): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
Advans:

you are absolutely right. Hitv & Dstv bought epl view rights from the same company that is why they can't both air same live match at same time. Tstv is subscribing to Bein sport so they can compete with Dstv. My only concern is d language of commentary. I don't think bein sport has English audio channel
They have english language audio
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Elxandre(m): 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
laribari:

I don't even know what you are trying to say. I will pass becos I talked from a neutral point of view but obviously you are a TSTV fan boy already and called dstv much glorified which makes me feel your preference for TSTV once they come live. Let's say I got the HITV story wrong as you claimed but everything I said is true about the market. I thought you were going to tell me I was wrong about GOTV and star times. I will not go into arguments with you. If you claim dstv used politics against HITV, then hope they don't one way or the other kick out TSTV.

I only analyzed what goes on in the market and mind you whatever TSTV does, dstv will react. That's market strategy. Tell me I'm wrong and let's wait. I will retrace this thread even if it's next year.
How about you that ruled out their chances before they even commenced operations?

The problem is you don't understand properly how Sports TV rights work.
Just try to read up about Bein sports firstly.

Supersports even gets transmitted from Skysports.

2 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laribari(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
Elxandre:

How about you that ruled out their chances before they even commenced operations?

The problem is you don't understand properly how Sports TV rights work.
Just try to read up about Bein sports firstly.

Supersports even gets transmitted from Skysports.

I will pass because u don't know anything. If u know what you are doing you will realize I said TSTV can compete based on the stations they are proposing.

You don't understand so I will pass.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Elxandre(m): 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
laribari:

I will pass because u don't know anything. If u know what you are doing you will realize I said TSTV can compete based on the stations they are proposing.

You don't understand so I will pass.
Keep shape shifting like we didn't see your short sightedly critical original post.

If you knew what you were saying, you wouldn't have compared this to the HITv situation, which DSTV lost all rights to broadcast EPL matches for a year.
That put them directly in a head to head duel. This time around, both will broadcast EPL matches at the same time!

We haven't even talked about the Pay As You Go system.

It's DSTV who should be at the risk of extinction, as we all know the hit they'll take trying to cut down subscription to 3k to match TSTV.

There's the Strive Masiyiwa factor too; One of the smartest Billionaires in Africa.

We shall see though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by kevoh(m): 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
Dantedasz:

Your moniker tells me all I need to know about your mental state.
The questions which you nit wits haven't been able to answer three pages later are-
1.Is the Epl football commentary in English or Arabic?
2.Who has the exclusive rights to the Epl in Africa?
Your lies will be exposed in a few days time.
1. Both English and Arabic (and French) depending on the particular beIN sports channel the match is aired.
2. Kwese sports, Canal plus and DStv cover Sub-saharan Africa not all of Africa. DStv is not present in North Africa. Say Tstv channel 1 was a channel that is planned to use to broadcast epl and challenge supersport a unique DStv channel, it would have been an issue and cause for legal matters, instead Tstv is using beIN sports which is not a Tstv unique channel.

Meanwhile, it's funny the thread is all noise about epl rights, as if that is the only thing tstv is bringing. CTL and co have been broadcasting premier league in Nigeria through BeIN sports for a long time now ( through terrestrial TV transmission), so the argument about epl rights should be thrown away in the bin.

Competition is good for us the consumers and we wait earnestly for DStv's response while we react accordingly. Main things which have attracted me is the free 10 or 20gig internet just for 3000, and ability to use your subscription the way you use recharge card on your phone, for others DStv explora brings them the satisfaction while some will stick to tracking frequencies on fta.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by efechris(m): 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Dexter247:

I disagree to agree with you on that, cos I use mobdro to watch matches and it uses about 180mb to 200mb for a complete match
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Christaks(m): 8:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
efechris:

I disagree to agree with you on that, cos I use mobdro to watch matches and it uses about 180mb to 200mb for a complete match

Im.planning to stream arsenal vs west brom. Nw..i hv some extra gigs.

I hv mobdro and wss..

Wch of the stations...wil show above match. Do u hv any idea.?? Tnx
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by kevoh(m): 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
dustmalik:

It's not internet based. You get 720 hours of view time of all channels on N3000 subscription and the subscription expires only when the 720 hours is exhausted. If you pay N200 you get the allocated time for N200 with access to all view all channels throughout the N200 duration. The internet data is just extra freebie for you to use to browse through wifi. It is unrelated to viewing channels.

1 Like

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by runor111: 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
Problem
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dondazie(m): 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
efechris:

I do use an average of 600mb per match... how come you use about 200mb? is there any trick to it?
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by ameezy(m): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
dondazie:

I do use an average of 600mb per match... how come you use about 200mb? is there any trick to it?
Bro i also use 200mb to watch a complete match with mobdro app may be ur network consumption is high
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
Just chatted with one of their customer care agent on dia website. It seems dese guys are the real deal grin

1 Like

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by chloride6: 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
Tstv website not going ooh.

Account suspended.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
^^^^It's going. Check well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU / Alex Ekubo, Bimbo Ademoye, Osas & Neo Joins Infinix To Launch NOTE 11 Series / TECNO Beats Samsung, Others To Claim Africa's Top Smartphone Brand 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.