Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October (17344 Views)

Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? / Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription / Sony Mobile To Shut Operations In Africa & The Middle East By October (2) (3) (4)

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Slayer2: 10:06am On Sep 24, 2017
Tstv = DOA

Even if they offer millions of channel. They wee never beat my Explorer outta my sitting room.

Dstv is bae.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by femidejulius(m): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2017
gmaribel:
TSTV to displace DSTV with the channels they propose is not yet feasible.

CNN should be a part of their bouquet. EPL La Liga Bundesliga and Seria should be clearly stated as a part of their bouquet. Bein sports does not air all matches shown on supersports.

I can confirm to you that CNN will be on TSTV. It is listed on their website.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by sexy74(m): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2017
idris4r83:
bein sport is a very strong competitor to supersport in every part of this world bro.
My brother tell am, DSTV cannot compare to BEIN SPORT in sporting programmes .
Had it been CTL is not antenna based , they show all premier league European matches LA liga name it.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by sexy74(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2017
IdeeEsperanza:
TSTV can't beat dstv and gotv in terms of of service and audio visuals quality. It'll just be like Startimes....wack!
You have not seen it and you are passing judgement, are you a spiritualist?

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Advans(m): 10:19am On Sep 24, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Most of your assertions are wrong, most especially concerning the ones that pertains to hitv's unfortunate shutdown. Y'all still keep saying the same old story despite fresh revelations currently made by the sponsors of the defunct company. For crying out loud, the two companies Hitv and Dstv both entered the bid for exclusive rights to air live epl matches and at the point Hitv won it and had to source for fund to pay the fee required they hit a dead brick. There was obviously a well planned conspiracy against the company as all the banks didn't decline giving out facility but rather kept on promising, claiming they were busy with the recapitalization shiiii. Multichoice didn't get it because of their deep pocket but rather because of standard chartered bank (a fellow south African company) perfected a loan facility for them and they paid while hitv could not get any Nigerian bank to sort him out.

Surprisingly two days after Dstv got the right, hitv was called by the bank to come get the loan as everything has been perfected. We all know that's medicine after death. It was just a well planned conspiracy. Tho it's a business world where you either eat someone or get eaten. But y'all should stop making it look like Dstv has some badass strategist doing some miracle up there. It's just simple, they understand the level of corruption in Nigeria and they use it to their own maximum satisfaction.

As for outclassing Dstv, i don't know what you mean by that. Obviously on a majority level the selling point of Dstv is the epl matches they have exclusive rights to show. We all know supersports are exclusive to Dstv so you don't expect them to have supersport on TSTV too. However, bein sports will take care of that if what am seeing on their site is sacrosanct. And they also have other stations that will substitute most of the glorified Dstv stations.

If TSTV have actually taken their time to study the market well, then I don't see them going down the way of hitv. It will just be like the case of the telecommunications industry. Nobody will die for each other, it will be live and let live.

you are absolutely right. Hitv & Dstv bought epl view rights from the same company that is why they can't both air same live match at same time. Tstv is subscribing to Bein sport so they can compete with Dstv. My only concern is d language of commentary. I don't think bein sport has English audio channel

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Advans(m): 10:25am On Sep 24, 2017
IdeeEsperanza:
TSTV can't beat dstv and gotv in terms of of service and audio visuals quality. It'll just be like Startimes....wack!

am sure u haven't watch Bein sport HD channels b4. Ask those who enjoyed d good old days of avatar simless cheat

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by 1zynnvn(m): 10:39am On Sep 24, 2017
laribari:

I have said it before and will say it again. A big brand is a big brand ooo! Dstv is experience and knows the Nigerian market wella, besides they are a company with deep pocket. Have you wondered why HITV died? HItV hijacked the right for EPL in Nigeria for a season and left dstv by surprise but what did dstv do?

They endured that one year and only showed selected matches but not all big games. Guess what dstv did? Before that same season ended, they purchased the right for 5 yrs straights running from a fresh season becos of their deep pocket. They crippled HITV. It's not as if both of them can't show it at the same time, of cos if both does people will still buy HITV cos it's cheaper but what I think is that both are using the same source to air live games, so only one of them can sir it as a means of protecting their brand. If you must also show it, you will buy the right from them and they will only give you selected games. Not all games! They paid HITV in their own coin.

This was what buried HITV! So when star times came with their own 1,000 naira subscription, what did multichoice do? They launch a new product in GOTV that will play in that lower league to tackle star times becos obviously DSTV is premium brand and can't be selling at same price with star times. So all they needed to do was bring some Kool channels from DSTV to GOTV and pay less to watch it. So ordinarily, people still wanna watch epl (super sport select 1 &2), watch CNN, Africa magic (yoruba, igbo & hausa) etc. GOTV does not even have to sell at same rate with star time as they are slightly expensive, yet star times can't take GOTV out of the market. In a few years time star times may shut down if their profit isn't taking care of their expenses. This is trade!

So let's see their reaction to TSTV. As a sales manager in a multinational brand in Nigeria, I know they will react and that's to probably slightly reduce price of dstv subscription or introduce some new exciting features to their lower bouquets, make their dstv decorder cheaper or to do an upgrade GOTV in terms of channels to compete with TSTV. I'm sure GOTV will come with some Kool stuff to match TSTV cos that GOTV is their weapon to fight off competition when it comes to pricing. TSTV must be ready ooo!

To out class dstv in Nigeria will be hard. TSTV must find a way to rival super sports, Africa magic, CNN if they want to stay very long and also win the market share.

From the list of their proposed channels TSTV can compete but what features will their decorder give you? What is that new thing you can get from outside dstv? They must address that too.

sir you are a good strategist, how i can i learn from you

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by prospernoah(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2017
Oga you people should calm down have you used it before saying all these? Allow the thing launch first before reviews

IdeeEsperanza:

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by prospernoah(m): 10:42am On Sep 24, 2017
No mind am
femidejulius:

I can confirm to you that CNN will be on TSTV. It is listed on their website.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by sureteeboy(m): 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
Advans:

you are absolutely right. Hitv & Dstv bought epl view rights from the same company that is why they can't both air same live match at same time. Tstv is subscribing to Bein sport so they can compete with Dstv. My only concern is d language of commentary. I don't think bein sport has English audio channel
Exactly Bro. Bein sports' match analysis are run in arabic while the match commentaries are in English.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by malton: 1:46pm On Sep 24, 2017
sexy74:

My brother tell am, DSTV cannot compare to BEIN SPORT in sporting programmes .
Had it been CTL is not antenna based , they show all premier league European matches LA liga name it.

Do CTL have all Bein Sports channels? Think I last used them in 2004/2005 or so. They used to show all Champions League, La Liga, Seria A, and other leagues on Aljazeera Sports channels back then.

I wonder how they operate these days. I'm contemplating ditching DSTV for CTL, as I don't do much besides watching football and animals channels. I shouldn't be paying 14k for the exact same value I can get for a little over 3k.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by malton: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
Advans:

Bein Sports make commentaries in English.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Bratking(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2017
Advans:

They do. they have french, Arabic, spanish, German and English.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by sexy74(m): 4:01pm On Sep 24, 2017
malton:

Do CTL have all Bein Sports channels? Think I last used them in 2004/2005 or so. They used to show all Champions League, La Liga, Seria A, and other leagues on Aljazeera Sports channels back then.

I wonder how they operate these days. I'm contemplating ditching DSTV for CTL, as I don't do much besides watching football and animals channels. I shouldn't be paying 14k for the exact same value I can get for a little over 3k.
The problem with CTL is the reach in some areas, like Abuja where I reside its lovely within the central area but when you get to lugbe it has issues there, in some places you get it clearly in some places there is no signal because of transmitter issues, they will tell you that a mountain is disturbing the signal.
If you stay where the signal is good and love sport CTL all the way.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Shollay20(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
I hear that it come with free WiFi

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by muba4huss(m): 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2017
laribari:

I have said it before and will say it again. A big brand is a big brand ooo! Dstv is experience and knows the Nigerian market wella, besides they are a company with deep pocket. Have you wondered why HITV died? HItV hijacked the right for EPL in Nigeria for a season and left dstv by surprise but what did dstv do?

They endured that one year and only showed selected matches but not all big games. Guess what dstv did? Before that same season ended, they purchased the right for 5 yrs straights running from a fresh season becos of their deep pocket. They crippled HITV. It's not as if both of them can't show it at the same time, of cos if both does people will still buy HITV cos it's cheaper but what I think is that both are using the same source to air live games, so only one of them can sir it as a means of protecting their brand. If you must also show it, you will buy the right from them and they will only give you selected games. Not all games! They paid HITV in their own coin.

This was what buried HITV! So when star times came with their own 1,000 naira subscription, what did multichoice do? They launch a new product in GOTV that will play in that lower league to tackle star times becos obviously DSTV is premium brand and can't be selling at same price with star times. So all they needed to do was bring some Kool channels from DSTV to GOTV and pay less to watch it. So ordinarily, people still wanna watch epl (super sport select 1 &2), watch CNN, Africa magic (yoruba, igbo & hausa) etc. GOTV does not even have to sell at same rate with star time as they are slightly expensive, yet star times can't take GOTV out of the market. In a few years time star times may shut down if their profit isn't taking care of their expenses. This is trade!

So let's see their reaction to TSTV. As a sales manager in a multinational brand in Nigeria, I know they will react and that's to probably slightly reduce price of dstv subscription or introduce some new exciting features to their lower bouquets, make their dstv decorder cheaper or to do an upgrade GOTV in terms of channels to compete with TSTV. I'm sure GOTV will come with some Kool stuff to match TSTV cos that GOTV is their weapon to fight off competition when it comes to pricing. TSTV must be ready ooo!

To out class dstv in Nigeria will be hard. TSTV must find a way to rival super sports, Africa magic, CNN if they want to stay very long and also win the market share.

From the list of their proposed channels TSTV can compete but what features will their decorder give you? What is that new thing you can get from outside dstv? They must address that too.
what abt the 20,gig data ? am sure that's also a tool
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by malton: 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
sexy74:

The problem with CTL is the reach in some areas, like Abuja where I reside its lovely within the central area but when you get to lugbe it has issues there, in some places you get it clearly in some places there is no signal because of transmitter issues, they will tell you that a mountain is disturbing the signal.
If you stay where the signal is good and love sport CTL all the way.

Okay. I get your drift.

Signal reception is excellent in my area. However, what I wanted to find out is whether they have all Bein Sports channels?

Like, when I used to have them, they usually swapped between channels, airing them only when there's a live match. I think only two Aljazeera Sports channels were a constant feature at the time.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by bahgo2001: 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
sexy74:

You have not seen it and you are passing judgement, are you a spiritualist?
Check this out

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by chukzyfcbb: 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2017
malton:

Okay. I get your drift.

Signal reception is excellent in my area. However, what I wanted to find out is whether they have all Bein Sports channels?

Like, when I used to have them, they usually swapped between channels, airing them only when there's a live match. I think only two Aljazeera Sports channels were a constant feature at the time.

then in school (s.east) a neighbour had that dish.
Na there I dey watch all LA liga matches, champions league o.
There's no match that's played you won't find there.

Dstv don't show copa del rey. and as a barca fan I usually relied on the CTL to cover it.

the only problem is that most times the commentary is in Arabic, sometimes we will be lucky to have them in English.

(BEIN SPORTS)

The company has been low key sha, if they had funds to market their product in Nigeria. Most guys wey like sports for don troway Dstv

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by W3xy1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
Bein sports 1 to 10 covers the whole super sport channels. October 1st is almost here. Waiting for them to launch.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dustmalik: 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
bahgo2001:

Check this out
Can you confirm how many bein sports channels are there on TStv? If you can list them, it would really be appreciated.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by malton: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

then in school (s.east) a neighbour had that dish.
Na there I dey watch all LA liga matches, champions league o.
There's no match that's played you won't find there.

Dstv don't show copa del rey. and as a barca fan I usually relied on the CTL to cover it.

the only problem is that most times the commentary is in Arabic, sometimes we will be lucky to have them in English.

(BEIN SPORTS)

The company has been low key sha, if they had funds to market their product in Nigeria. Most guys wey like sports for don troway Dstv

Oh wow. Thanks for this. I'm a Barca fan myself. Think it's worth giving them another try at this point. Used to like them. Sometimes I no dey send commentaries o, so long as say I dey watch wetin dey happen myself. The language they broadcast in should not be too much of an issue.

Wish I knew back then that they had good coverage in the SE, na ehn I for use throughout my service year.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dustmalik: 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
W3xy1:
Bein sports 1 to 10 covers the whole super sport channels. October 1st is almost here. Waiting for them to launch.
From my understanding, bein sports 11 is the channel that shows more of English football.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dasanctuary(m): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
Love this meh!!

Most of your assertions are wrong, most especially concerning the ones that pertains to hitv's unfortunate shutdown. Y'all still keep saying the same old story despite fresh revelations currently made by the sponsors of the defunct company. For crying out loud, the two companies Hitv and Dstv both entered the bid for exclusive rights to air live epl matches and at the point Hitv won it and had to source for fund to pay the fee required they hit a dead brick. There was obviously a well planned conspiracy against the company as all the banks didn't decline giving out facility but rather kept on promising, claiming they were busy with the recapitalization shiiii. Multichoice didn't get it because of their deep pocket but rather because of standard chartered bank (a fellow south African company) perfected a loan facility for them and they paid while hitv could not get any Nigerian bank to sort him out.

Surprisingly two days after Dstv got the right, hitv was called by the bank to come get the loan as everything has been perfected. We all know that's medicine after death. It was just a well planned conspiracy. Tho it's a business world where you either eat someone or get eaten. But y'all should stop making it look like Dstv has some badass strategist doing some miracle up there. It's just simple, they understand the level of corruption in Nigeria and they use it to their own maximum satisfaction.

As for outclassing Dstv, i don't know what you mean by that. Obviously on a majority level the selling point of Dstv is the epl matches they have exclusive rights to show. We all know supersports are exclusive to Dstv so you don't expect them to have supersport on TSTV too. However, bein sports will take care of that if what am seeing on their site is sacrosanct. And they also have other stations that will substitute most of the glorified Dstv stations.

If TSTV have actually taken their time to study the market well, then I don't see them going down the way of hitv. It will just be like the case of the telecommunications industry. Nobody will die for each other, it will be live and let live.[/quote]
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Ousexy(m): 7:01pm On Sep 24, 2017
prospernoah:
These guys are vexing bad bad o hehe

Have you heard of tstv? It's a new TV network in Nigeria that is believed to overtake almighty Gotv and Dstv the price is way cheap as they said its around 3000-5000 for the decoder.

Don't start looking for where to buy tstv yet o because they haven't launched officially yet till October.

But we hear things like they will be available in Lagos and other states first when they launch.

I have been looking for where to faint since, Gotv better do something or else.... Let me no say anything first

Source:

TstvAfrica

http://pronoahtech.com.ng/where-to-buy-tstv-in-nigeria/
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by chukzyfcbb: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
malton:

Oh wow. Thanks for this. I'm a Barca fan myself. Think it's worth giving them another try at this point. Used to like them. Sometimes I no dey send commentaries o, so long as say I dey watch wetin dey happen myself. The language they broadcast in should not be too much of an issue.

Wish I knew back then that they had good coverage in the SE, na ehn I for use throughout my service year.

ahh fellow cule! March on bruh, as long as your area can get good signal. fire on!

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
idris4r83:
bein sport is a very strong competitor to supersport in every part of this world bro.

Supersport is not even a rival.. Sky sports is the real rival actually. Go to Google and type bein sports vs supersport u will notice there is nothing like supersport. Supersport is like techno and infinix in naija..not recognized world Wide. It's an African channel
. Bein sports is in USA, in UK etc and you can pay or subscribe to their sports channels..

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
dustmalik:

Can you confirm how many bein sports channels are there on TStv? If you can list them, it would really be appreciated.
check this link https://www.nairaland.com/4074512/complete-list-tstv-channels-dstv
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by princetom1(m): 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
CHESTER48:

Supersport is not even a rival.. Sky sports is the real rival actually. Go to Google and type bein sports vs supersport u will notice there is nothing like supersport. Supersport is like techno and infinix in naija..not recognized world Wide. It's an African channel
. Bein sports is in USA, in UK etc and you can pay or subscribe to their sports channels..

Am not for DSTV o bt u got it wrong, Supersport covers that part, which is local content. Will love this TSTV dou

cc: Shakol91
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dustmalik: 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
CHESTER48:
check this link https://www.nairaland.com/4074512/complete-list-tstv-channels-dstv
The reason I asked that guy is because he is one of those who are actually using TStv right now, I mean he is one of those with early access. So naturally, he'd know exactly what channels are available.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by tosyne2much(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2017
DONADAMS:
If all these noise about TSTV are true then It will not see the light of the day...na naija we dey
Na wetin me sef dey think ooo cheesy

Don't be surprised that NCC can even interfere telling them they don't want them to increase their subscription rate cheesy
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by tosyne2much(m): 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2017
laribari:

You're indeed an analyst. And if you not, you will surely make a good one

Nice one bro!

5 Ways To Protect/guard Your Android Smartphone Or Tablet Against Malware Attack / Android Bbm Pins / How To Flash A Number On Airtel With #0 Balance

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88