Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,107 members, 7,818,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva (1883 Views)

I Agree With Elrufai That Unequals Should Not Be Treated Equally - Afam4eva / Hausas Dress Like Igbos To Show Love To Igbos (Photos) / Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
This is in direct response to the assertion by an Igbo man and Lagos lawmaker, Mr Jude Idimogu where he posted that It is too late for the Igbos too pull out of Nigeria. You can find the article here https://www.nairaland.com/4074609/jude-idimogu-too-late-igbo

Before i make my point, it's imperative that i make it known that i'm neither for the breakup of Nigeria nor necessarily for One Nigeria. I think at this moment, i'll swing to wherever the pendulum takes me. I'm saying this because a lot of trolls will leave my message and start casting aspersions on my character. Not that i care anyways.

Now, i have nothing against the distinguished senator (I assume that he is), neither i'm i at variance with the nitty-gritty of his point of view. M only grouse is that he's using those views to make a very general statement about the well being or well without of the Igbo people.

Yes, it is true that Igbos are scattered all over Nigeria, probably more than any other ethnic group. It's also not surprising that Igbos have the largest investments of any group outside it's transient natural habitat. That is why people like the lawmaker can rise to become a lawmaker in a cosmopolitan state like Lagos.

Having said all this, i think it's important that people separate the call for secession or self determination by a lot of Igbos from the economic, social or even political life of Igbos in any part of the world. People have gone ahead to give very absurd reasons why Igbos cannot have a country of the own and i will attempt to state and squash some of this tomfoolery.

Igbos are not united
This music has definitely been released since after independence. It is a song that non Igbo Nigerians have sang to the point that even some Igbos have started enjoying the tune and they join in the folly of hasty lack of common sense and reality. Igbos are not united but rightly or wrongly, they came together to fight the federal government from 1967 to 1970. We hate each other but even after all the destruction in Igboland and lack of federal help, we still managed to pick ourselves up and cleaned our cities to what it is now. It may not be the best out there, nut it's impressive for people who had to start from ground zero.

Even if this assertion of Igbos not being united were true, i don't think it's the business of anybody whether we're going to kill each other in Biafra or not. It's our decision and we don't need the input of anyone that isn't going to be part of the supposed country.

Igbos are spread all over Nigeria
This is another laughable rhetoric that we hear all the time. So, what if there are 20 million Igbos outside Igboland? Arent there Igbos in Ghana, Benin, Togo, China, Malaysia, Brasil, the US and UK? Is there really a need for all Igbos to be in Igboland? Even if they are forced back after the separation, what baring does that have on the topic of discourse.

Igbos own businesses throughout Nigeria
Igbos also own businesses in the countries i mentioned in the previous point. Don't Ghanians own businesses in Nigeria and vice versa? I think this statement is usually more of a threat than a show of concern. What a lot of people who make these statements are saying is that "If you get Biafra, forget about all your properties in Nigeria". This won't be news to a lot of Igbos who experienced the civil war.

Igboland is too small to contain Igbos
This one just made me chuckle just a little bit. It's funny that a state like Lagos contains about 20 million people despite being the smallest in the country but these same people think that a region that is probably 7 times the size of lagos will not contain, at most 50 million people.

Where will people married to Igbos fit in
I think this is the most silly of them all. Anybody who is married to an Igbo person or is an Igbo person married to a non Igbo Nigeria and asks this kind of question, that person should never have gotten married in the first place. While some people marry for love, others want us to believe that they married for other senseless reasons such as the guaranty that they and their spouse will be from the same country.

Having said all this, i think i have to point out that everyone has the right to their opinions just like i have the right to my opinion about their opinions if i find any of them in bad taste.

God Bless Nigeria

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by OAUTemitayo: 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2017
Who cares? Nonsense.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Afam4eva(m): 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Who cares?
Nonsense.
You definitely seem to care else you wouldn't have spent 30 seconds responding to mt tirade I also care about you in telling you to get the help that you need.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by staytravel: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva:
This is in direct response to the assertion by an Igbo man and Lagos lawmaker, Mr Jude Idimogu where he posted that It is too late for the Igbos too pull out of Nigeria. You can find the article here https://www.nairaland.com/4074609/jude-idimogu-too-late-igbo

Before i make my point, it's imperative that i make it known that i'm neither for the breakup of Nigeria nor necessarily for One Nigeria. I think at this moment, i'll swing to wherever the pendulum takes me. I'm saying this because a lot of trolls will leave my message and start casting aspersions on my character. Not that i care anyways.

Now, i have nothing against the distinguished senator (I assume that he is), neither i'm i at variance with the nitty-gritty of his point of view. M only grouse is that he's using those views to make a very general statement about the well being or well without of the Igbo people.

Yes, it is true that Igbos are scattered all over Nigeria, probably more than any other ethnic group. It's also not surprising that Igbos have the largest investments of any group outside it's transient natural habitat. That is why people like the lawmaker can rise to become a lawmaker in a cosmopolitan state like Lagos.

having said all this, i think it's important that people seperate the call for secession or self determination by a lot of Igbos from the economic, social or even political life of Igbos in any part of the world. People have gone ahead to give very absurd reasons why Igbos cannot have a country of the own and i will attempt to state and squash some of this tomfoolery.

Igbos are not united
This music has definitely been released since after independence. It is a song that non Igbo Nigerians have sang to the point that even some Igbos have started enjoying the tune and they join in the folly of hasty lack of common sense and reality. Igbos are not united but rightly or wrongly, they came together to fight the federal government from 1967 to 1970. We hate each other but even after all the destruction in Igboland and lack of federal help, we still managed to pick ourselves up and cleaned our cities to what it is now. It may not be the best out there, nut it's impressive for people who had to start from ground zero.

Even if this assertion of Igbos not being united were true, i don't think it's the business of anybody whether we're going to kill each other in Biafra or not. It's our decision and we don't need the input of anyone that isn't going to be part of the supposed country.

This is another laughable rhetoric that we hear all the time. So, what if there are 20 million Igbos outside Igboland? Arent there Igbos in Ghana, Benin, Togo, China, Malaysia, Brasil, the US and UK? Is there really a need for all Igbos to be in Igboland? Even if they are forced back after the separation, what baring does that have on the topic of discourse.

Igbos also own businesses in the countries i mentioned in the previous point. Don't Ghanians own businesses in Nigeria and vice versa? I think this statement is usually more of a threat than a show of concern. What a lot of people who make these statements are saying is that "If you get Biafra, forget about all your properties in Nigeria". This won't be news to a lot of Igbos who experienced the civil war.

This one just made me chuckle just a little bit. It's funny that a state like Lagos contains about 20 million people despite being the smallest in the country but these same people think that a region that is probably 7 times the size of lagos will not contain, at most 50 million people.

I think this is the most silly of them all. Anybody who is married to an Igbo person or is an Igbo person married to a non Igbo Nigeria and asks this kind of question, that person should never have gotten married in the first place. While some people marry for love, others want us to believe that they married for other senseless reasons such as the guaranty that they and their spouse will be from the same country.

Having said all this, i think i have to point out that everyone has the right to their opinions just like i have the right to my opinion about their opinions if i find any of them in bad taste.

God Bless Nigeria

Very well put. Most of these arguments sound rudimentary. It's as if they only use them as a desperate way to try to convince people. Every ethnic group has those who marry out, who don't live in their native land... and all of the above.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Eshinwaju: 12:46pm On Sep 24, 2017
Senseless basic write up by the OP....sounds like stuff produced by a primary one student.... grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Rossikki: 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
Igbos can go anywhere they like, but they will NOT go with the Niger Delta, because that region does not belong to them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by frankdoz23: 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
Eshinwaju:
Senseless basic write up by the OP....sounds like stuff produced by a primary one student.... grin
afonja! Can you put up an equivelent right up? No is the answer, nothing complimentary can come out of ewedu decimated brain.

12 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Afam4eva(m): 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:
Igbos can go anywhere they like, but they will NOT go with the Niger Delta, because that region does not belong to them.
That's not what the discourse is all about. Read again, you this Igbo man.

12 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Sprumbabafather: 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
Igbos are United, so United that they coexist in peace in everywhere they live, from Onitsha to Port Harcourt, from Kano to Lagos to London till Japan, there is no known cases of Igbos fighting themselves.

Igbos are so United that an igbo man can stand up and give the whole local government a new road, some build schools, some build markets and some issue scholarships.

Igbos are so United that no other tribe can claim to be more United than igbos.

8 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Nutase: 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
I dey come
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by BaifraBSS(m): 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva:

Having said all this, i think it's important that people separate the call for secession or self determination by a lot of Igbos from the economic, social or even political life of Igbos in any part of the world. People have gone ahead to give very absurd reasons why Igbos cannot have a country of the own and i will attempt to state and squash some of this tomfoolery.

Igbos are not united

God Bless Nigeria
Proudly igbo
Proudly a biafran.
Expect a pack of suprise from ipob (Nigerians aka zoo)

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by TimFisher: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
God bless u Op...
u will live to see the actualization of Biafra.Amen

7 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by truth4u: 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:
Even at thag , what concerns on who igbos want to go with Why can't you concentrate on who you want to go with and leave others for their choices Diabolical demonic people

3 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by OjukwuWarBird: 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva remain blessed

6 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by frankdoz23: 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:
afonja! You should be more concerned about romancing your monumental amala/ewedu in your brown roof republic rather than biafra and nigerdelta because nigerdelta remains an integral path of biafra.

4 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Rossikki: 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
truth4u:

Even at that , what concerns you on who igbos want to go with Why can't you concentrate on who you want to go with and leave others for their choices Diabolical demonic people

It concerns me if you are looking to steal a part of the country which does not belong to you. You will not be permitted to do that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by OAUTemitayo: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva:

You definitely seem to care else you wouldn't have spent 30 seconds responding to mt tirade I also care about you in telling you to get the help that you need.
You are the one that need help.
I can't wait for the mumu in Abuja to grant you your Biafra
Nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Afam4eva(m): 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

Nonsense.
I never said that i was looking for Biafra, so this your statement reinforces my earlier assertion that you need help.

3 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Bizibi(m): 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
I wish the Ipob and their leader are talking about developing and moving their region forward.......the Igbos need someone that really have their interests.

If I were to be the one I would think of creation of wealth and development first then agitation can be after.

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Rossikki: 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
frankdoz23:
afonja! You should be more concerned about romancing your monumental amala/ewedu in your brown roof republic rather than biafra and nigerdelta because nigerdelta remains an integral path of biafra.

Oil thieves forming oppressed people. The Niger Delta people have repeatedly said they want nothing to do with you. But you keep try to force them to join you as "brothers". But they are not your brothers. You only want their oil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Sprumbabafather: 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

It concerns me if you are looking to steal a part of the country which does not belong to you. You will not be permitted to do that.

This is not in the topic. Igbos love themselves and hate those who try to divide igbos who live in any state they like.

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Sprumbabafather: 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

Oil thieves forming oppressed people. The Niger Delta people have repeatedly said they want nothing to do with you. But you keep try to force them to join you as "brothers". But they are not your brothers. You only want their oil.

Igbos love themselves

Igbos are United and we will leave Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Sprumbabafather: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

Nonsense.

The mumu in Abuja?
Classic grin

We now have a mumu in Aso rock

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by freshvine(f): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

Oil in oyibo, ukwa East, ukwa West, oguta, Egbema, can comfortably improve Biafra earning.

2 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Rossikki: 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2017
freshvine:

Oil in oyibo, ukwa East, ukwa West, oguta, Egbema, can comfortably improve Biafra earning.

Oil and gas is not available in the east in commercial quantities otherwise it would have been exploited decades ago. The East only grows yams and udala, or agbalumo as Yorubas call it.

6 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by kilode100(f): 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
Following..
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by kilode100(f): 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
Thumbs up to the op.
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by stev120(m): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Who cares? Nonsense.

e pain am die. ...face front ....who call you. ..

2 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by freshvine(f): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

Oil and gas is not available in the east in commercial quantities otherwise it would have been exploited decades ago. The East only grows yams and udala, or agbalumo as Yorubas call it.

How stupid. pid can you be. The area I mentioned have over 60 oil Wells together and the best grade in the world.

How stupid. pid can you be. The area I mentioned have over 60 oil Wells together and the best grade in the world.

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by stev120(m): 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Who cares? Nonsense.

e pain am die. ...face front ....who call you. ..
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Rossikki: 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2017
X
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by pazienza(m): 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
Afam, this is a classic coming from you.

So apt and direct.

Good one.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Upacut :nigerians Queuing For Fuel, Presidency Doing Promo – Oby Ezekwesili Cond / Goodluck Jonathan Looking Aged As Ben Bruce Visited Him Today (pics) / Eastern Palm Uni., Ogboko Ideato In Imo State Commences Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.