Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,456 members, 7,958,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:20 PM

Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva (1924 Views)

I Agree With Elrufai That Unequals Should Not Be Treated Equally - Afam4eva / Hausas Dress Like Igbos To Show Love To Igbos (Photos) / Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by babyfaceafrica: 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
Who your opinion EPP?....chief tribal lord..nairaland branch

3 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Rossikki: 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
freshvine:

How stupid. pid can you be. The area I mentioned have over 60 oil Wells together and the best grade in the world.

It is not the number of oil wells that matters, but the magnitude of deposits. If the oilfields were of commercial quantities, they would have been exploited even before the delta since they are inland and therefore less expensive to drill than offshore deposits.

6 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by nku5: 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
Is that Jude Idumogu a senator? Such worthless beer parlour talk devoid of simple basic facts that would show the joker the viability of an independent Igbo State.

Afam try sef to post rejoinder to such shallow stupidity
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by BALLOSKI: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
What are you waiting for?

If them issue quit notice now , you go de cry like small pikin wey him pawpaw or mango fall inside sand.

6 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by freshvine(f): 1:46pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

It is not the number of oil wells that matters, but the magnitude of deposits. If the oilfields were of commercial quantities, they would have been exploited even before the delta since they are inland and therefore less expensive to drill.

This has exposed your ignorance that you're not even from the Niger delta as you falsely lay claim.

Shell had been on the oyibo, ukwa axis for over 30years exploring.

Agip has been on the Egbema, oguta area for over the same period.

Osogbo man from the land of the tallest drum

2 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by nku5: 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

Oil and gas is not available in the east in commercial quantities otherwise it would have been exploited decades ago. The East only grows yams and udala, or agbalumo as Yorubas call it.

WTF?

Lets not even touch untapped reserves in places like Anambra, have you ever heard of Oguta or Egbema?

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Afam4eva(m): 1:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
freshvine:

This has exposed your ignorance that you're not even from the Niger delta as you falsely lay claim.
Did he really claim to be from the Niger Delta?? He used to be claim to be an Igbo man too.

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by technicallyrich(m): 1:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:
Igbos can go anywhere they like, but they will NOT go with the Niger Delta, because that region does not belong to them.
Stop these nonsense.there are igbos inniger delta too.and perhaps most of niger deltans even claim biafra forget about our leaders because they are benefiting which is typical of a nigerian politician to care less once they benefit,even the igbo leaders don't want them to go.
If referendum shouldd hold in the niger dleta between biafra and nigeria take it from me that biafra will win.
I have personally attended ipob meetings and seen so many nigerdeltans expecially ijaws there,even the national co ordinator of ipob is a kalabiri man.not to mention Asari and tom polo siding nnamdi kanu etc
Even if it doesn't work that way if igbos leave and have their own country without us,we niger deltans we prefer to have niger delta republic than to be nigerians.either way yorubas will lose badly becuase fulanis we use them as rags,and none of them will be bold enough to even talk.
Hapy sunday.

3 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Sprumbabafather: 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

Oil and gas is not available in the east in commercial quantities otherwise it would have been exploited decades ago. The East only grows yams and udala, or agbalumo as Yorubas call it.

Wharrever, knock yourself out.
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Sprumbabafather: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva:

Did he really claim to be from the Niger Delta?? He used to be claim to be an Igbo man too.

He used to claim igbo like a lot of them who don't know whether their father is Yoruba or fulani

2 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by deomelo: 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
Eshinwaju:
Senseless basic write up by the OP....sounds like stuff produced by a primary one student.... grin

Primary one ke? Abeg na primary 2 Afam dey o..

Some people no dey make sense sometimes, but Afam just no dey make sense all the time. grin

3 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by IJOBA2: 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Who your opinion EPP?....chief tribal lord..nairaland branch

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Rossikki: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
freshvine:

I never claimed to be from the Delta you liar. And again, Igbos can leave, but they will not go with the Niger Delta which is not their territory. So if you have oil in Abakiliki and Umuahia, all well and good. Hope it will be enough to sustain the 20 million Igbos that will be deported from Nigeria as illegal immigrants.

7 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Alariwo2: 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
Who is begging them to stay before? who needs them

Thank God your hunch back dilector confirmed our assertions that he wants Rivers and Benue as part of biafra. They gave him the 5 SE states as he claimed yet refused.

Noone, I repeat noone (not even me) will give igbos 1 inch more of the 5 SE states to go form biafra. Let's see if you'll take other people's land by force.
Then you'll meet your doom

2 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by attackgat: 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
I dont care what anyone says, Igbos and Igbo land must become independent of this illegal and fraudulent 1914 British colonial arrangement commonly refered to as Nigeria!

I find it highly insulting and embarrasing that Gambia of just 1.8 million people, less than the population of the city of Onitsha, is an independent country but my 45 million strong Igbo nation is still being made to sing a national flop called ONE NIGERIA

There must be a referendum and we Igbos are going to exit this colonial contraption called Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by freshvine(f): 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

I never claimed to be from the Delta you liar. And again, Igbos can leave, but they will not go with the Niger Delta which is not their territory. So if you have oil in Abakiliki and Umuahia, all well and good. Hope it will be enough to sustain the 20 million Igbos that will be deported from Nigeria as illegal immigrants.

Does a nation need oil to survive you parasite.

Why not allow the Niger delta speak for themselves. Why have they become a beautiful bride to you. Tomorrow same you will complain cursing them they're bombing pipelines and destroying their land... Cos Osun state could no longer pay salaries.

If Niger delta are known and dependant on their oil, igbos known for the entrepreneur prowess, my yoruba brother, what do you guys live for?

4 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Efewestern: 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

Dude relax, no where did the op mentioned Niger Delta or Niger Delta minorities, he limited his article to igbo land which extend to Some part of delta and rivers state, don't derail the thread, counter his point or pass by, If Nigeria should disintegrate no minority will be lumped with any majority group.. anybody who thinks otherwise is just been delusional.

Again, leave Niger Delta out of this, and counter his claim.

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by freshvine(f): 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
Alariwo2:
Who is begging them to stay before? who needs them

Thank God your hunch back dilector confirmed our assertions that he wants Rivers and Benue as part of biafra. They gave him the 5 SE states as he claimed yet refused.

Noone, I repeat noone (not even me) will give igbos 1 inch more of the 5 SE states to go form biafra. Let's see if you'll take other people's land by force.
Then you'll meet your doom

Nigeria army that lacks technological invention can never withstand a new Biafra military of 2 year old. Take it to the bank.

Biafra military will be the "Russia" that'll sting Africa
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Alariwo2: 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
freshvine:

Nigeria army that lacks technological invention can never withstand a new Biafra military of 2 year old. Take it to the bank.

Biafra military will be the "Russia" that'll sting Africa

K
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Masterclass32: 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
Great one, Op.

Rightly countered all those flimsy, pathetic arguments.
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Dreambeat: 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva:
This is in direct response to the assertion by an Igbo man and Lagos lawmaker, Mr Jude Idimogu where he posted that It is too late for the Igbos too pull out of Nigeria. You can find the article here https://www.nairaland.com/4074609/jude-idimogu-too-late-igbo

Before i make my point, it's imperative that i make it known that i'm neither for the breakup of Nigeria nor necessarily for One Nigeria. I think at this moment, i'll swing to wherever the pendulum takes me. I'm saying this because a lot of trolls will leave my message and start casting aspersions on my character. Not that i care anyways.

Now, i have nothing against the distinguished senator (I assume that he is), neither i'm i at variance with the nitty-gritty of his point of view. M only grouse is that he's using those views to make a very general statement about the well being or well without of the Igbo people.

Yes, it is true that Igbos are scattered all over Nigeria, probably more than any other ethnic group. It's also not surprising that Igbos have the largest investments of any group outside it's transient natural habitat. That is why people like the lawmaker can rise to become a lawmaker in a cosmopolitan state like Lagos.

Having said all this, i think it's important that people separate the call for secession or self determination by a lot of Igbos from the economic, social or even political life of Igbos in any part of the world. People have gone ahead to give very absurd reasons why Igbos cannot have a country of the own and i will attempt to state and squash some of this tomfoolery.

Igbos are not united
This music has definitely been released since after independence. It is a song that non Igbo Nigerians have sang to the point that even some Igbos have started enjoying the tune and they join in the folly of hasty lack of common sense and reality. Igbos are not united but rightly or wrongly, they came together to fight the federal government from 1967 to 1970. We hate each other but even after all the destruction in Igboland and lack of federal help, we still managed to pick ourselves up and cleaned our cities to what it is now. It may not be the best out there, nut it's impressive for people who had to start from ground zero.

Even if this assertion of Igbos not being united were true, i don't think it's the business of anybody whether we're going to kill each other in Biafra or not. It's our decision and we don't need the input of anyone that isn't going to be part of the supposed country.

Igbos are spread all over Nigeria
This is another laughable rhetoric that we hear all the time. So, what if there are 20 million Igbos outside Igboland? Arent there Igbos in Ghana, Benin, Togo, China, Malaysia, Brasil, the US and UK? Is there really a need for all Igbos to be in Igboland? Even if they are forced back after the separation, what baring does that have on the topic of discourse.

Igbos own businesses throughout Nigeria
Igbos also own businesses in the countries i mentioned in the previous point. Don't Ghanians own businesses in Nigeria and vice versa? I think this statement is usually more of a threat than a show of concern. What a lot of people who make these statements are saying is that "If you get Biafra, forget about all your properties in Nigeria". This won't be news to a lot of Igbos who experienced the civil war.

Igboland is too small to contain Igbos
This one just made me chuckle just a little bit. It's funny that a state like Lagos contains about 20 million people despite being the smallest in the country but these same people think that a region that is probably 7 times the size of lagos will not contain, at most 50 million people.

Where will people married to Igbos fit in
I think this is the most silly of them all. Anybody who is married to an Igbo person or is an Igbo person married to a non Igbo Nigeria and asks this kind of question, that person should never have gotten married in the first place. While some people marry for love, others want us to believe that they married for other senseless reasons such as the guaranty that they and their spouse will be from the same country.

Having said all this, i think i have to point out that everyone has the right to their opinions just like i have the right to my opinion about their opinions if i find any of them in bad taste.

God Bless Nigeria
God bless you for this write up,Afamefuna.

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Rossikki: 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
Dreambeat:
God bless you for this write up.

You animal. I know it was you that deleted my thread about the WALL. What, you jealous it was getting more attention than your boring horse shiit? Up ur asss.

2 Likes

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by bakila: 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva:
This is in direct response to the assertion by an Igbo man and Lagos lawmaker, Mr Jude Idimogu where he posted that It is too late for the Igbos too pull out of Nigeria. You can find the article here https://www.nairaland.com/4074609/jude-idimogu-too-late-igbo

Before i make my point, it's imperative that i make it known that i'm neither for the breakup of Nigeria nor necessarily for One

God Bless Nigeria
One thing you fail to understand is the break-up will not happen like a write up. There will be so much hate and bitterness, given the history of our attempt at seperation. No body will host someone who does not like him enough, to leave to form another country. It is like divorcing someone and then argue that since civil partners like togather, the divorced couple should continue to occupy the same space.

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Eshinwaju: 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
frankdoz23:
afonja! Can you put up an equivelent right up? No is the answer, nothing complimentary can come out of ewedu decimated brain.

Afonja that you python controlled cowards look up to rescue your tamed backsides.... grin...anyway I have little time entertaining barely literate kids who cannot put together a simple correct sentence devoid of embarrassing spelling mistakes and illogical expressions.
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
Eshinwaju:
Senseless basic write up by the OP....sounds like stuff produced by a primary one student.... grin
Phool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by Ngozi123(f): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
freshvine:

He's a Yoruba man.
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by baralatie(m): 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
like I said when the war hit the south eastern states because of these shortsighted illusion like a bullet all you people that are forming on the internet.naa run una go run!
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by baralatie(m): 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
bakila:

One thing you fail to understand is the break-up will not happen like a write up. There will be so much hate and bitterness, given the history of our attempt at seperation. No body will host someone who does not like him enough, to leave to form another country. It is like divorcing someone and then argue that since civil partners like togather, the divorced couple should continue to occupy the same space.

as in ehn they don't understand when it blow Syria and Rwanda will not come close to the magnitude of colossal damage with serious refugee crisis
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by freeze001(f): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2017
Bizibi:
I wish the Ipob and their leader are talking about developing and moving their region forward.......the Igbos need someone that really have their interests.

If I were to be the one I would think of creation of wealth and development first then agitation can be after.

Ngwa start na. Every effective effort is needed, just don't criticise another who has played an undeniable role of waking up previously slumbering citizens.

1 Like

Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by jpphilips(m): 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva:

Before i make my point, it's imperative that i make it known that i'm neither for the breakup of Nigeria nor necessarily for One Nigeria. I think at this moment, i'll swing to wherever the pendulum takes me. I'm saying this because a lot of trolls will leave my message and start casting aspersions on my character. Not that i care anyways.

Now, i have nothing against the distinguished senator (I assume that he is), neither i'm i at variance with the nitty-gritty of his point of view. M only grouse is that he's using those views to make a very general statement about the well being or well without of the Igbo people.

Yes, it is true that Igbos are scattered all over Nigeria, probably more than any other ethnic group. It's also not surprising that Igbos have the largest investments of any group outside it's transient natural habitat. That is why people like the lawmaker can rise to become a lawmaker in a cosmopolitan state like Lagos.

Having said all this, i think it's important that people separate the call for secession or self determination by a lot of Igbos from the economic, social or even political life of Igbos in any part of the world. People have gone ahead to give very absurd reasons why Igbos cannot have a country of the own and i will attempt to state and squash some of this tomfoolery.

Igbos are not united
This music has definitely been released since after independence. It is a song that non Igbo Nigerians have sang to the point that even some Igbos have started enjoying the tune and they join in the folly of hasty lack of common sense and reality. Igbos are not united but rightly or wrongly, they came together to fight the federal government from 1967 to 1970. We hate each other but even after all the destruction in Igboland and lack of federal help, we still managed to pick ourselves up and cleaned our cities to what it is now. It may not be the best out there, nut it's impressive for people who had to start from ground zero.

Even if this assertion of Igbos not being united were true, i don't think it's the business of anybody whether we're going to kill each other in Biafra or not. It's our decision and we don't need the input of anyone that isn't going to be part of the supposed country.

Igbos are spread all over Nigeria
This is another laughable rhetoric that we hear all the time. So, what if there are 20 million Igbos outside Igboland? Arent there Igbos in Ghana, Benin, Togo, China, Malaysia, Brasil, the US and UK? Is there really a need for all Igbos to be in Igboland? Even if they are forced back after the separation, what baring does that have on the topic of discourse.

Igbos own businesses throughout Nigeria
Igbos also own businesses in the countries i mentioned in the previous point. Don't Ghanians own businesses in Nigeria and vice versa? I think this statement is usually more of a threat than a show of concern. What a lot of people who make these statements are saying is that "If you get Biafra, forget about all your properties in Nigeria". This won't be news to a lot of Igbos who experienced the civil war.

Igboland is too small to contain Igbos
This one just made me chuckle just a little bit. It's funny that a state like Lagos contains about 20 million people despite being the smallest in the country but these same people think that a region that is probably 7 times the size of lagos will not contain, at most 50 million people.

Where will people married to Igbos fit in
I think this is the most silly of them all. Anybody who is married to an Igbo person or is an Igbo person married to a non Igbo Nigeria and asks this kind of question, that person should never have gotten married in the first place. While some people marry for love, others want us to believe that they married for other senseless reasons such as the guaranty that they and their spouse will be from the same country.

Having said all this, i think i have to point out that everyone has the right to their opinions just like i have the right to my opinion about their opinions if i find any of them in bad taste.

God Bless Nigeria

Crap!!
Re: Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva by TheEastActivist: 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
Nice one Afam4eva but when is this rebuttal getting to front-page...

Mods, sire seun we need fairness and fair hearing here pls...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Release Of Prisoners In Unnecessary Detentions Nationawide / Exclusive: Intrigues As Buhari Shops For New IGP To Replace Idris / APC Lies Bursted Again....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.