Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Angela Merkel Wins German Election - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Angela Merkel Wins German Election (31119 Views)

Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' / Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany / Angela Merkel Goes Into Self-Isolation After Contact With Infected Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Let's give a female president a chance in this country.

Mama Peace for President. grin

Wait ooo

She would possibly do a better job than Buhari.
A livelier show. cheesy
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Adaumunocha(f): 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
slegerman:

Please tell me you are joking.
Why should I be joking?
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by YelloweWest: 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

All of these religious groups I have mentioned kill innocent people whether they do it in the name of God or Mickey Mouse.
Well we don't know them. Why because they have very few followers.
,ko,

Islam is the only religion with large number of blood thirsty murders.

How many thousands died at the hand of non Muslim terrorists around the world compared to the Muslim terrorists?
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
YelloweWest:

Well we don't know them. Why because they have very few followers.
,ko,
Islam is the only religion with large number of blood thirsty murders.

How many thousands died at the hand of non Muslim terrorists around the world compared to the Muslim terrorists?

You tell me.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by einsteino(m): 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
simijimi:
Catholic!?
KKK!?
why not atheism?
pass the weed

i thought i was the only one who couldnt reconcile that. kkk is made up of protestants, catholics and protestants have never been on same page.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Adaumunocha(f): 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Mama Peace for President. grin

Wait ooo

She would possibly do a better job than Buhari.
A livelier show. cheesy

hahhahahhahahahahha... Probably. But how will she represent us outside? We need a politician who is intellectually sound.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by suremanpatriot: 9:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
Germany trust their well groomed women to rule them grin
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Elaborate pls.
Your post initially said 'in a way', are you just trying to troll me or what
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
einsteino:

i thought i was the only one who couldnt reconcile that. kkk is made up of protestants, catholics and protestants have never been on same page.
don't mind her
the c*nt spoke of history smiley
the one their imans cook up
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by slegerman(m): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Thunder fire you for causing trouble on a Sunday. grin

My brother, I mean no trouble ooo. The last news I hear be say Nigerian govt don pronounce as one.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by YelloweWest: 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

You tell me.
Google is your friend.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by ivolt: 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
Greatzeus:
All of you congratulating her,hope you know this is her 4th term.If it's African leaders now we call them greedy and power drunk. What is she doing that any new person cannot do.

Germans have spoken
Migrate to germany, become a citizen, then organize and vote her out.

Greedy and power drunk leaders are those who does every evil, kidnapping,
assassinations to stay in power.

1 Like

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by YelloweWest: 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
lovelygurl:

E.g the kkk undecided
How many people have the kkk killed globally compared to Muslim terrorist?
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Kiakia(m): 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
RomeSankara:

Her poor service decisions as regards lax immigration has made Germany one of the most unsafe countries in Europe over night ..
Is that all?
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by ivolt: 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Let's give a female president a chance in this country.

Merkel was elected for being competent and smart leader not because she is a woman.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Shafiiimran99: 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
IloveTrump:

calling trump a disaster because its against Muslim and illegal immigrant?
Ignorance is a deadly disease
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
YelloweWest:

Google is your friend.

Google said I should ask you because you pretend to know. grin
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Adaumunocha(f): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
ivolt:

Merkel was elected for being competent and smart leader not because she is a woman.
I'm sure we have competent and smart female politicians ready to lead this nation. Abike dabiri comes to mind.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Your post initially said 'in a way', are you just trying to troll me or what

No, I am bored and hoped you would entertain me.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by slegerman(m): 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Why should I be joking?

If experiences with Patricia Etteh and Virginia Etiaba are anything to go by, then, we just might be waiting abit longer for it to happen
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
slegerman:

My brother, I mean no trouble ooo. The last news I hear be say Nigerian govt don pronounce as one.

I told you, you were trouble. cheesy
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by RomeSankara: 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
Celcius:

Had America not built strong institutions where would they have been? How has he sought to preserve or extol American values? In politics we argue in our bias, but this is so glaring it shouldn't be contested by any sensible individual.
Case close.

A man is very specific about his goals during the campaigns and achieves almost all of them within 6 months of his inauguration yet a hater like you wants to ascribe it to strong institutions.

He said he was going to get the jobs back up and was specific about how we was going to do this and he did.

He was very specific about how he was going reduce cases of illegal cross border immigration and drug trade and he has .

He was specific about killing your hero Al Bagdadi in months and putting an end to Ur ISIS and he did

Mister muslim hater the only thing those mislead liberal bias Judges have done is try to make his work harder but he is still winning ..By December Obama care will implode like Trump predicted and the wall will still be built ...America is not for Muslims please take your grouse in life to the Saudi authorities ..
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Adaumunocha(f): 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
slegerman:

If experiences with Patricia Etteh and Virginia Etiaba are anything to go by, then, we just might be waiting abit longer for it to happen
They were manipulated and setup. You don't use just two cases to condemn all na
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by ivolt: 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
Adaumunocha:
I'm sure we have competent females ready to lead this nation.

Till date, there has been only one that showed interest and pursued it, unfortunately
she couldn't get the required alliances to advance her goals.

Take May for instance, she would long have ceased to be british PM if not for her
staunch maneuvering and shaky alliances.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by hollaytan: 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
RomeSankara:
Germans have not learnt obviously

She is the best thing that ever happened to Germans. I can tell you that, I live in Germany and most Germans are very happy with her government except are own very region where she came from which are Nazis and racist. What else do you want as a citizen when you get paid even if you don't work and you are even given a paid apartment.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are right, but neocolonialism started when the imperialist install and support tyrant leaders in Africa and third world nations. They put pressure on Africa by using IMF to control her resources, wage unneccessary war which leads to economic downturn in African nations. Won't African citizens go for greener pastures in their nations.

Look at the influx of refugees in Europe, who created the mess? US and NATO.

I don't have the strength to make points tonight, but we have a huge chunk of the blames to ourselves, trust me, in 2017 we can't even harness our natural resources to our common good, not to talk of human resources, are you telling me we developed this inherent culture of corruption, selfishness and impunity as a result of the west trying to control our resources? We were even better off when the real physical colonialism held sway, at least we had stable electricity and potable water.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by ttmacoy: 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
While she won which was expected she didn't do as well as previous elections or as expected, and proof of this is the rise of the far right nationalist party which won 13% and will have seats the first time.

It's just like Theresa May claiming to win the election despite ending up with less seats than before the election. Yeah she won but at what cost?

It's fair to say her popularity isn't what it used to be and the policy of allowing 1 million refugees backfired a bit.

Celcius:
It was certain.
I didn't doubt her victory.
Germans must have learnt from these twin disasters: America's Trump & Nigeria's Buhari.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

No, I am bored and hoped you would entertain me.
I knew you were trying to troll me. Anyway, its common knowledge that the American political spectrum is shifted a whole step right. So when I was talking about the left, I was talking about the left in terms of the United States, because their politics is the most followed around the world.

For example we'll take Britain and America in comparison. The main right wing party in Britain is called the Conservative Party. They support Britain's policies on:
Same sex marriage
National Healthcare
Abortion
Renewable energy

These policies in America would all be considered policies of the democratic(LEFTIST) candidate. Much of Europe follows the same pattern. Do you understand now?
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by RomeSankara: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2017
hollaytan:

She is the best thing that ever happened to Germans. I can tell you that, I live in Germany and most Germans are very happy with her government except are own very region where she came from which are Nazis and racist. What else do you want as a citizen when you get paid even if you don't work and you are even given a paid apartment.

Welfarist bubble love is not sustainable you will all pay for the freebies in the future
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by UncutSk(m): 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
Celcius:
It was certain.
I didn't doubt her victory.
Germans must have learnt from these twin disasters: America's Trump & Nigeria's Buhari.
trump a dissaster? You're clearly brainwashed by fake news
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by slegerman(m): 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
Adaumunocha:
They were manipulated and setup. You don't use just two cases to condemn all na

I don't agree they were set up. I believe they don't understand how to play the power game.

I agree, I can't use two cases to condemn all.

I equally agree that there are competent Nigeria women but the truth is, society isn't fair on women in Nigeria and this may not change for a very long time
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by ivolt: 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
RomeSankara:

A man is very specific about his goals during the campaigns and achieves almost all of them within 6 months of his inauguration yet a hater like you wants to ascribe it to strong institutions.
You must be dreaming, he has NOT achieved any thing he promised.

He said he was going to get the jobs back up and was specific about how we was going to do this and he did.
Try doing some research, he promise to bring back factory jobs and he had not delivered
on it.

He was very specific about how he was going reduce cases of illegal cross border immigration and drug trade and he has.
Yes, he appears to be doing this but it is a job in progress.

He was specific about killing your hero Al Bagdadi in months and putting an end to Ur ISIS and he did

ISIS is still very much in force.

All I see in your post is inability to see the big picture, the problem with an average african.
Just because a man promises to remove your front teeth and he did does not make him
an honorable person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland / Ukraine war: NATO will respond in kind if Putin uses chemical weapons - Biden / Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.