Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Angela Merkel Wins German Election - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Angela Merkel Wins German Election (31122 Views)

Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' / Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany / Angela Merkel Goes Into Self-Isolation After Contact With Infected Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by UncutSk(m): 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Yes. It makes him a racist. Hitler was the last one who played this trick on Jews and we all know how it ended.
lmao banning illegal immigrants a racist?
Turn off the fake news sire
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Adaumunocha(f): 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
slegerman:

I don't agree they were set up. I believe they don't understand how to play the power game.

I agree, I can't use two cases to condemn all.

I equally agree that there are competent Nigeria women but the truth is, society isn't fair on women in Nigeria and this may not change for a very long time
Well I hope things change soon. I hope an Igbo man wins d next election.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by nextstep(m): 9:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
Greatzeus:
All of you congratulating her,hope you know this is her 4th term.If it's African leaders now we call them greedy and power drunk. What is she doing that any new person cannot do.

Hope you're joking.

1. The constitutions of most African countries call for 2 terms. When the incumbent wants to change the constitution - that they were charged to defend - in order to run for more terms, that's a problem. Palimentary systems (as opposed to presidential), allow for as many terms as the elected is popular.

2. Very few African countries have come close to the open and transparent elections in Germany; this was the mandate of the people.

3. We've had a case of site tight leaders who were not put in power by the people's mandate, who subvert the system for their private gain, and no ultimately did nothing to help their people. Perhaps when African democracies have fully matured, term limits can be extended.

1 Like

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by slegerman(m): 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

I told you, you were trouble. cheesy
I don shut up grin[quote author=Mindfulness post=60795327]
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by RomeSankara: 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2017
ivolt:

You must be dreaming, he has NOT achieved any thing he promised.

Try doing some research, he promise to bring back factory jobs and he had not delivered
on it.

Yes, he appears to be doing this but it is a job in progress.

ISIS is still very much in force.

All I see in your post is inability to see the big picture, the problem with an average african.
Just because a man promises to remove your front teeth and he did does not make him
an honorable person.

I am the king of big pictures if you don't know ..Well unfortunately for you I am a die hard supporter of Donald Trump so no one can talk me out of it . By the way Trump is a two term president and there nothing haters can do about it ..

1 Like

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by travelpoint: 9:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
Greatzeus:
All of you congratulating her,hope you know this is her 4th term.If it's African leaders now we call them greedy and power drunk. What is she doing that any new person cannot do.
Don't get it twisted, Constitution is the Bible that govern us. In Germany, there is no term limit but in Nigeria you can only be reelected once. Our constitution only allow anyone to rule for a maximum of two terms. Any attempt to do otherwise is illegal.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
UncutSk:
lmao banning illegal immigrants a racist?
Turn off the fake news sire

Did you miss the part where the poster said that he was against Muslims?
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by jrusky(m): 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2017
IJOBA2:
REST IN PEACE GERMANY angry

How? But she is doing great so why RIP to Germany can you compare Germany to Nigeria in a billion way? Hell no.

The former Geman Chancellor spent 16 years in power so what is the big deal? Please no Nigeria I mean no third world should even talk as per German politics so pls get that fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by slegerman(m): 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Well I hope things change soon. I hope an Igbo man wins d next election.

I wish an Igbo man wins the next election too. At leasst, it will douse the agitation. More so, I wish a woman becomes president one day, so we could compare.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by GeneralOjukwu: 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2017
BALLOSKI:
are you a German?

Do you know Germany more than the Germans who saw her fit for a re-election?

Are you angry because she did not promise to make biafla a reality just like chukwuemeka trump did?

That's the strongest woman in the world. Go and sleep.

CHAI you are wicked...you just killed RomeSankara cry cry cry
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by IJOBA2: 10:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
jrusky:

How? But she is doing great so why RIP to Germany can you compare Germany to Nigeria in a billion way? Hell no.

The former Geman Chancellor spent 16 years in power so what is the big deal? Please no Nigeria I mean no third world should even talk as per German politics so pls get that fact.

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WESTERN POLITICS
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
AnonyNymous:

I knew you were trying to troll me. Anyway, its common knowledge that the American political spectrum is shifted a whole step right. So when I was talking about the left, I was talking about the left in terms of the United States, because their politics is the most followed around the world.

For example we'll take Britain and America in comparison. The main right wing party in Britain is called the Conservative Party. They support Britain's policies on:
Same sex marriage
National Healthcare
Abortion
Renewable energy

These policies in America would all be considered policies of the democratic(LEFTIST) candidate. Much of Europe follows the same pattern. Do you understand now?

The Labour Party supported same sex marriages too so this topic is not suitable to draw the lines between the political right and left in Britain even though traditionally it would be a conservative party upholding traditional family values. I do not know what you mean when you say NHS. Is anyone against health care in Europe? Many Europeans find American attitudes toward the one payer system rathe amusing, whether they are left or right. Abortion is another topic which is not discussed in any other place than Poland, at least I am not aware of abortion having been on the agenda elsewhere in Europe recently and noticeably. And even there it is the conservative party that is against it.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

The Labour Party supported same sex marriages too so this topic is not suitable to draw the lines between the political right and left in Britain even though traditionally it would be a conservative party upholding traditional family values. I do not know what you mean when you say NHS. Is anyone against health care in Europe? Many Europeans find American attitudes toward the one payer system rathe amusing, whether they are left or right. Abortion is another topic which is not discussed in any other place than Poland, at least I am not aware of abortion having been on the agenda elsewhere in Europe recently and noticeably. And even there it is the conservative party that is against it.

Have you missed the point of my original post? Which you quoted, intending to make mockery of? Angela Merkel and her party are left leaning by American standards. And that was the basis for my post.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Have you missed the point of my original post? Which you quoted, intending to make mockery of? Angela Merkel and her party are left leaning by American standards. And that was the basis for my post.

You are right in a way but not in the way you think you are. And I wasn't trying to mock you. I was seriously interested in your explanation.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by TundeHashim(m): 10:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
IloveTrump:

why are you like this, stop all this nonsense, just kiss the true. even CNN can't hide the truth, democrats are even saying that it was the policies of the pass administration that making the the economy to be booming and here you are saying the last time you check it wasn't different from Obama economy. I no you are a Muslim, so no time to argue with you. you don't read.
You raised four points which, in my mind, are intellectually defective at worst and devoid of insight, at best. You started by stating that CNN can't hide the truth? which truth is CNN not hiding? I bet u don't watch or read CNN up to me. Attached to this response is a critical op-ed by CNN on the recent bending the knee saga. CNN calls him the trash that he is and criticize him when necessary. Probably u can point to me where CNN "can't hide the truth". Point two, you said democrats say it is the policy of the past administration that's making the economy boom. You're basically agreeing with what I'm saying for crying out loud! Probably u can check up the meaning of past administration if that's the English that is confusing u. Obviously, it's Obama's policies that is making America great again. Point three, You said u know I'm a Muslim bla bla bla...what has that got to do with the point on ground? The Crown Prince of Saudi is a Muslim and he's a staunch ally of Trump so also the Qatari Emir and Kuwaitis own. So because I'm a Muslim, I can't think objectively huh? Perhaps, the staunchest critics of Trump are Christians and not Muslims. So saying I can't make objective analysis because I'm a Muslim is hypocrisy at it's peak. And lastly, u said I don't read. All I'll say is "lol"...
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by BALLOSKI: 10:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
jericco1:
political sugar mummy? #okoo
you de doubt am?
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by BALLOSKI: 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
TundeHashim:
You raised four points which, in my mind, are intellectually defective at worst and devoid of insight, at best. You started by stating that CNN can't hide the truth? which truth is CNN not hiding? I bet u don't watch or read CNN up to me. Attached to this response is a critical op-ed by CNN on the recent bending the knee saga. CNN calls him the trash that he is and criticize him when necessary. Probably u can point to me where CNN "can't hide the truth". Point two, you said democrats say it is the policy of the past administration that's making the economy boom. You're basically agreeing with what I'm saying for crying out loud! Probably u can check up the meaning of past administration if that's the English that is confusing u. Obviously, it's Obama's policies that is making America great again. Point three, You said u know I'm a Muslim bla bla bla...what has that got to do with the point on ground? The Crown Prince of Saudi is a Muslim and he's a staunch ally of Trump so also the Qatari Emir and Kuwaitis own. So because I'm a Muslim, I can't think objectively huh? Perhaps, the staunchest critics of Trump are Christians and not Muslims. So saying I can't make objective analysis because I'm a Muslim is hypocrisy at it's peak. And lastly, u said I don't read. All I'll say is "lol"...
most brilliant reply. Ilovetrump is politically deluded.

1 Like

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2017
I just love this woman for her simplicity

1 Like

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by BALLOSKI: 11:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

CHAI you are wicked...you just killed RomeSankara cry cry cry
you de mind am.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by RomeSankara: 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
BALLOSKI:
you de find am?

Make Una de mumu unself I dey watch
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by BALLOSKI: 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
RomeSankara:

Make Una de mumu unself I dey watch
Roman shakara , go and sleep
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by somehow: 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
4th time on the position, if na African leader now, some slaves go don dey shout up and down.

Because na white now, all of una tongues don go vacation!
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by toprealman: 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2017
Celcius:
It was certain.
I didn't doubt her victory.
Germans must have learnt from these twin disasters: America's Trump & Nigeria's Buhari.
Theresa May....Britain, too.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by alezzy13: 12:21am On Sep 25, 2017
IloveTrump:

why are you like this, stop all this nonsense, just kiss the true. even CNN can't hide the truth, democrats are even saying that it was the policies of the pass administration that making the the economy to be booming and here you are saying the last time you check it wasn't different from Obama economy. I no you are a Muslim, so no time to argue with you. you don't read.

Its all about Trumps hatred for Muslims, isn't it? And you claim ur not racists? Silly things.

And in ur delusion, you really thinks he gives a hoot about ur black ass$??

Not surprising, given the large scale intellectual deficiency among Trumptards.

2 Likes

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by IJOBA2: 12:24am On Sep 25, 2017
lovelygurl:

E.g the kkk undecided

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Exciton(m): 2:09am On Sep 25, 2017
lovelygurl:

Jesus! Why do people always have to prove they are dumb! This is not the first time it's happening! The german constitution doesn't really have a time limit!

Just the fact that the useless post got 120+ likes shows how shallow the average Nairalander's reasoning is. Too many dumb people indeed!

In addition to what you've said, they didn't bother to check that the German system of government is very different from that of African countries and the power lies in the hand of the German people to make her party a minority in the Bundestag thus severely limiting her chances of becoming the Chancellor. Unlike African leaders who only have to rig and give out tubers of yam or simply cancel elections and install themselves as perpetual rulers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Exciton(m): 2:17am On Sep 25, 2017
Greatzeus:

Yes you can know if you are responding to a 13years old,by checking their posts or comments. You are actually what you say. Now check your posts and check mine and see who is likely to be a 13 years old.
Since you can't give your opinion without insult,you seems to be the 13 years old. No wonder all post you created ended up with you being the only one who comments. grin

This has to be the most astonishing post I've ever seen on this forum.
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by CIADeepCover2: 2:35am On Sep 25, 2017
AnonyNymous:
Before nko
Germany is a left leaning country. Her nudes from when she was younger on a naturist beach were released and nobody batted an eyelid. Her immigration policies are causing disasters but like the rest of the left leaning world, they only care about creating an imaginary utopia without facing realities.
Don't get it twisted bro, Chancellor Merkel's party - the CDU is centre right...
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Abdulqareem: 2:36am On Sep 25, 2017
paiz:
What a man can do a woman can do better

The most powerful woman on earth

Congratulations to the president of west germany(according to our president)

for where you place Hillary Clinton

Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by 9inches(m): 3:04am On Sep 25, 2017
Mindfulness:

Yes. It makes him a racist. Hitler was the last one who played this trick on Jews and we all know how it ended.
What race are muslims?
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by Willybos(m): 3:25am On Sep 25, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
How does that help us
I wanda ooo ma dear! They should 4get about us with some of this disasters problems, let face our major problems in this 9ja!!
Re: Angela Merkel Wins German Election by 9inches(m): 3:31am On Sep 25, 2017
alezzy13:

Its all about Trumps hatred for Muslims, isn't it? And you claim ur not racists? Silly things.

And in ur delusion, you really thinks he gives a hoot about ur black ass$??

Not surprising, given the large scale intellectual deficiency among Trumptards.

Trump cares about his country, he does not care about the colour of individual's skin. You obviously belong to the paranoid lots screaming institutional and systemic racism which is a hoax narrative being religiously watered by the lefts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland / Ukraine war: NATO will respond in kind if Putin uses chemical weapons - Biden / Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.