Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project (20729 Views)

South East Celebrates As $2.7b Ibom Sea Port To Take Off In April PHOTOS / Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Lekki To Flag Off Deep Sea Port Project / 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by OjukwuWarBird: 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

Why has the state govt not expanded on it ? Last i checked airports are in the exclusive list. But Akwa Ibom has one and no one is stopping us as we are enlarging to international standard

Have you ever talked about Ibaka seaport on Nairaland before

Since you started using this moniker, I have never seen you open a thread on Ibaka seaport

Only Pro Biafrans on Nairaland that have being doing so

You think we have short memory

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by OjukwuWarBird: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

Idiot
Dumb ass, do u know since wen We embarked on the Seaport project ? Was Ipob even conceived back then.. U guys are arrogant bleeps

Show us one thread you opened to champion the establishment of Ibaka seaport and I will show posts of Biafrans championing the establishment of Ibaka seaport

Just one thread

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by Reference(m): 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
libertyhope2017:
ONCE AGAIN...DECEIVING SOUTH SOUTH PEOPLE. SOMETIMES I GET VERY ANGRY AT SS PEOPLE. ASK YOURSELF...THEY HAVEN'T OPENED PORT HARCOURT, ONNE, CALABAR AND WARRI, ALL SS SEAPORTS TO FULL CAPACITY SINCE AFTER THE CIVIL WAR, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT THEY WILL GENUINELY SUPPORT A NEW SEAPORT IN THE REGION? I DON'T KNOW HOW OUR PEOPLE REASON...MY GOODNESS! I TIRED MEN,

Pressure. Undiluted pressure. Their choices are becoming limited.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by redroom: 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

Present sir...
Hope say u know, dat this news is a big blow to Ipob terrorist ?
Akwa Ibomites are not sentimental wrecks as those terrorists, PMB embarked on fixing the niger bridge, the most sort after thing in eastern Nigeria, and you guys are still seething with so much hate...
If Akwa Ibomite supported the Nigeria project even with no fed assistance, imagine the support after we hv our own port. Ipob terrorist are on very long things

mor.on, is still those u call terrorist that will still patronize ur port otherwise it will be completely useless, ask cross river on tinapa project.
Ibaka sea ports main patronage is Aba as a commercial city or u think yorubas will patronize it?it is even in their blue print, I wonder how all these housemaids and cleaners suddenly HV mouth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by Bizibi(m): 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
Politics politics politics
Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by slimfairboy(m): 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
FG declaring support for Akwa Ibom sea Port project, why don't they fully open Calabar Sea Port? Keep deceiving ur selves...
I wonder what kinda lies APC will use for their campaign this time. Just wondering what else they'll promise, after failing woefully to fulfill the previous ones

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
libertyhope2017:
ONCE AGAIN...DECEIVING SOUTH SOUTH PEOPLE. SOMETIMES I GET VERY ANGRY AT SS PEOPLE. ASK YOURSELF...THEY HAVEN'T OPENED PORT HARCOURT, ONNE, CALABAR AND WARRI, ALL SS SEAPORTS TO FULL CAPACITY SINCE AFTER THE CIVIL WAR, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT THEY WILL GENUINELY SUPPORT A NEW SEAPORT IN THE REGION? I DON'T KNOW HOW OUR PEOPLE REASON...MY GOODNESS! I TIRED MEN,

Sometimes I be like.....our people deserve what they are getting....same trick they have been using yet we haven't learnt from it

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by Reference(m): 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
slimfairboy:
FG declaring support for Akwa Ibom sea Port project, why don't they fully open Calabar Sea Port? Keep deceiving ur selves...
I wonder what kinda lies APC will use for their campaign this time. Just wondering what else they'll promise, after failing woefully to fulfill the previous ones

Simple. Now that the iron is hot it can be moulded. This is the time to strike it. Once the owners of Nigeria awake from the turbulence they will fight back. Rise now or be silent for long. How many people can they kill at once. If Cross-Riverians sit back and form good boy they will be left behind.

That is how nations grow and prosper. They negotiate their participation in various unions that form states. 'Give me this and. that and I will remain to strengthen the union', simple. That is real change and Nigeria must change to a nation of democratic negotiations. One set of people cannot sit back and decide how all others live and die.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by 0m0nnakoda: 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
slimfairboy:
Calabar Port is partly closed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by nextstep(m): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
libertyhope2017:

Abeg tell dem. This is 2019 loading... they have been "supporting, planning, and inviting stakeholders" for years now...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by deomelo: 3:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
libertyhope2017:

Despite the yearly allocation of several billions of naira for the construction of a proposed greenfield deep seaport at Ibaka in Akwa Ibom State by both the State Government and the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) since 2011, the project has remained elusive, with no evidence of a port being built at the proposed site.

The project is missing in the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan and in the list of similar projects planned in partnership between the federal government and state government, with expectations of private investors collaborations, investigations by LEADERSHIP have revealed.

The Ibaka Deep Seaport, a project for which the federal ministry of transport, the NPA and the Akwa Ibom State Government have held several workshops and taken commendations at several events is also missing in a maritime and air transport report prepared by Steer Davies Gleave for the Infrastructure Consortium for Africa (ICA) hosted by

The African Development Bank.

The study, which was carried out to assess the potential for enhanced private participation in the maritime and air transport sectors in Africa however identified the Lekki Deep Seaport measuring 970m of container berths, 320m dry bulk berth, 1-2 oil berths and located 60km east of Lagos.

The Badagry greefield port, Koko Port and Olokola Port were also listed with their capacity and promoters.

The water at Ibaka is said to have a natural draft of 11 metres, without dredging, making it a huge potential for possible deep seaport construction.

Akwa Ibom State has continued to budget for the port, which Governor Godswill Akpabio said would create employment for 100,000 Nigerians.

The NPA had also told LEADERSHIP in Uyo at the PCC meeting that the deep seaport would be completed in 2015.

When LEADERSHIP visited the proposed site of the deep seaport at Ibaka, there was nothing to show that a seaport was being planned at coastal community.

A lonely dilapidated narrow road, better described as a colonial road leads to Ibaka, from Oron. As early as 2011, the Akwa Ibom State Governor told a Nigeria Ports Consultative Council (PCC) meeting in Uyo that his government had concluded plans to dualise the road.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201312160580.html

Akpabio budgets billions every year for this invisible seaport.

1. Ibaka seaport is not in the FG gazette and there is zero FG budget for it.

Meaning the FG doesn't know anything about this seaport officially

2. Akpabio budgets billions for this bridge every year with not even bush clearing or fence erected.

Meaning Akpabio pockets free billions every year.

So, who is deceiving who? SS leaders who are directly responsible for their own people, but deceiving, looting and and stealing from their own people.

Leadership is local, not federal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by Holyman3(m): 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Ipob will tell Us Akwa Ibomite, that Nigeria is trying to stop us from getting a seaport, and here is the government budgetting for us to get a seaport...
I wonder what they will say again.
I wonder what Ipob terrorists will use in baegaining again..
E dong red for dem

Blockhead
The same way they budgeted for Onne and others in SS
Where re they now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by awa(m): 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
papascode:

My brother collect one cold heneiken for my head any where you dey.

How you go take pay them nowww
Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by samuelson06(m): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Ipob will tell Us Akwa Ibomite, that Nigeria is trying to stop us from getting a seaport, and here is the government budgetting for us to get a seaport...
I wonder what they will say again.
I wonder what Ipob terrorists will use in baegaining again..
E dong red for dem

Bros, teke idem until the project is completed. Lagos - Calabar rail line was mentioned in 2016 budget but till today no work has started but you can count how many rail lines are in the North. So don't be carried away. Osinbajo that I know loves talking.
Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by GreenCap: 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
Lagos is a natural habour.

next is Ibaka, best place to site a wharf East of the Niger and proposed by Great Britain in 1952.
it does not require dredging

Calabar is an inland port, 75 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean.

Port Harcourt is not Bonny or Brass. remember there's no bridge to link Rivers or Bayelsa deep sea.

Onitsha and Oguta can have river ports. Idah and Baro too.

Ibaka is 2 hours drive to Aba. Obuaku is 30 minutes drive.

love them or hate them, i opine that IPOB agitation is yielding fruit.
we Igbos have traveled across bridges too far to carry our containers.
you go pass Apapa, pass Sagamu, pass Ijebu, pass Ore, pass Benin, pass Agbor, pass Asaba, pass Onitsha...

and prof. VP please don't forget to ask gen. P to restructure (or change) Nigeria before you guys complete your first tenure in office.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by Ubongdemaga: 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by Reference(m): 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
When the Niger-Delta brouhaha was hottest and Nigeria was on its knees it was the ripest time for any of its constituent nations to speak up and make demands but the west and others rather than strengthen their position with visionary leadership weakened it by ambivalence to hostility against those who wanted change. It has taken the east again to weaken the country yet there are still calls from largely oppressed people to maintain the status quo.

You can imagine how much further all these regions will have gone if they pressed a dialogue then with solid, visionary demands. But folks felt peace at all costs was the solution to Nigeria bit as a student of engineering I know that most dynamic systems are stable when under tension be it the rope that holds your tent up or the rubber that keeps your tyres inflated.

In political terms it means nations are kept stable and progressive if their constituents are constantly in a state of social tension. This means no one is relaxed taking others for granted. This means everyone has to work equally hard for the integrity of the system. This means the failure of one will lead to the collapse of all. And so this means the quality of materials that form a country has to be high and uniformly applied. Nigeria is no where near this. That is why we cannot succeed in anything meaningful as far as humanity is concerned.

4 Likes

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by deomelo: 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
samuelson06:

Bros, teke idem until the project is completed. Lagos - Calabar rail line was mentioned in 2016 budget but till today no work has started you can count how many rail lines are in the North. So don't be carried away. Osinbajo that I know loves talking.

The FG and Osinbajo can only plan and forward their plans to the lawmakers for funding, but it means nothing until funding is approved before anything starts on the ground.

Sadly, lawmakers and the people from the same regions to benefit from these projects are the ones slashing budgets and funding for the projects and their own people especially the ones from SE are so happy and delighted that their own clueless, corrupt and incompetent lawmakers are denying them progress and development just because they hate APC.

It is just some people's portion in life to always reap what they sow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
APC can fool some of the people part of the time, and part of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time.

APC is a scam. Akwa Ibomites don't sell your vote for these scams of APC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
slimfairboy:
They will use restructuring; ask Tinubu.
Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by dokiOloye(m): 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
xanie:
Verbal support alone isn't sufficient.
Ogoni cleanup comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by attacker321: 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
Bolustical:

Mr Attache By Force,

What concerns you? Are Niger Deltans complaining?

This information does not concern you as none of the 5 SE states will ever get a seaport,

Afterall, you are landlocked grin

Illiterate. Read below. Igbo land is not landlocked

Does It Mean That Southeast Nigeria Is Not Landlocked Like We Are Told? by petsam11(m): 2:29pm On Aug 26
Southeast and by extension, Igboland has access to the Sea, Rivers, Water Ways to Atlantic Ocean but some ignorant Nigerians cannot learn the geography and history that is evident and factual on ground in southeast and Nigeria. They love to be ignorant despite facts in their land. What a people with Nigerians and Africans mentality of denial of facts as long as it massages their ego and wishful thinking.

Lets use a simple arithmetic to teach the ignorants in these forums that Igboland is not land locked. Fact one, IkwerreLand/Porharcourt and Porthhacourt seaport was dredged 40 to 50 Miles to sea from the Bonny River to Atlantic Ocean. Onne SeaPort in Ogoni land was dredged 50 to 60 Miles to Sea from Bonny River for Larger ships to Atlantic Ocean. Calabar Seaport is dredged 45 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean. Akwa Ibom Ibaka deep seaport is about 30 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean without dredging and the best seaport location in depth and width in Eastern Nigeria. Then open your dummy eyes and ears again.

PROPOSED 2 (TWO) SEA PORTS IN OBEAKU- NDOKI AND AZUMIRI SEAPORTS IN ABIA STATE.

Obuaku Ndoki Port in Abia State is only 25 nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean from the confluence of Imo River and Azumiri (blue River) in Abia State, which is a large and deep body water of high flowing and rich rivers. Azumiri Blue River in Abia State is also 25-30 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean for a big Seaport and big ships. Many Igbo towns and villages in Imo State, Abia State, Anambra State and Anioma are within 30 minutes to one hour drive to the Sea Atlantic Ocean. That is not land lock you dummies.

7 (SEVEN) SEA PORTS AND POTENTIAL SEAPOPORT UNDERWAY IN EASTERN PARTS OF NIGERIA.

(1)PORTHARCOURT SEAPORT - IN RIVERS STATE ALONG BONNY RIVER IS 45 NAUTICAL MILES TO ATLANTIC OCEAN
(2) ONNE SEAPORT - IN RIVERS STATE ALONG BONNY RIVER IS 50 NAUTICAL MILES TO ATLANTIC OCEAN
(3) CALABAR SEAPORT- IN CROSS RIVERS STATE IS 45 NAUTICAL MILES TO ATLANTIC OCEAN
(4) IBAKA SEAPORT-IN AKWA IBOM STATE IS 30 NAUTICAL MILES TO ATLANTIC OCEAN
(5)OBEAKU-NDOKI SEAPORT- IN ABIA STATE IS 25 NAUTICAL MILES TO OCEAN (PROPOSED UNDER PLANNING)
(6) AZUMIRI IN ABIA STATE CONFLUENCE BLUE RIVER IS 30 NAUTICAL MILES TO ATLANTIC OCEAN (PROPOSED AND PLANNING UNDERWAY)
(7) ONITSHA INLAND RIVER PORT IN ANAMBRA STATE UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Ever since the Abia State Government announced their intention to bring a Sea Port to the state, there have been many questions raised. I reached out to a source at the Government House, Umuahia to obtain clarity. I was told that the proposed location for the seaport is in Obuaku, Ukwa West, LGA. Right in Obuaku, there is a confluence point where the Imo River and the Blue River meet. The Obuaku confluence passes through Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom State. In Rivers state for instance, (along Bonny River) we have Portharcourt Seaport and we have the Sea Port located in Onne, Eleme L.G.A. Onne,This is Nigeria’s busiest sea port and ranks as the largest sea port in west Africa. Did you know that while Rivers State (Porharcourt Sea Port) sits 40 nautical miles away from the Atlantic Ocean and Onne Port in River State along Bonny River sits 50 Nautical Miles away from the Atlantic Ocean. Obuaku Blue River and Azumiri Rivers is only 25 nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean? To some, this talk about a sea port in Abia state may sound unrealistic but, it is not far fetched. Even if it does not get realized by the T. A administration, this legacy project will come to fruition in no distant time.

Igboland is not landlocked according to United Nation treaty, International law OF THE Sea and African Union laws. Igboland has many Rivers, Canals, Waterways, Lake and bays in Imo State, Anambra state, Anioma, Asaba and Abia States which flows into the Atlantic Oceans and the Sea and many a distance of 30 minutes drive.
FACTS ON GROUND
Development of a Sea-Port at Obuaku-Ndoki: many Nigerians, even including many enlightened sons and daughters of Nd’igbo, had, out of geographical ignorance, borne the impression that the South-East of Nigeria is land-locked. But being a visionary leader, the truth is now being made manifest that the Blue River/Imo River confluence at Obuaku-Ndoki is only twenty-five nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean. We are thankful that your administration is working committedly to establishing a sea-port at the confluence town of Obuaku.
AN ADDRESS PRESENTED BY THE PEOPLE OF ABIA-SOUTH SENATORIAL ZONE ON THE OCCASION OF A GRAND CIVIC RECEPTION FOR HIS EXCELLENCY, GOVERNOR T. A. ORJI (OCHENDO GLOBAL) AT ABIA STATE POLYTECHNIC, ABA ON 1ST FEBRUARY, 2014.
AS SCRIPTED BY CHIEF (SIR) DON UBANI; KSC, JP (OKWUBUNKA OF ASA)

Chief (Sir) Don Ubani; ksc, JP 11/06/2013
"further inward by thinking of laying a bigger foundation of economy for not only Abia State but the whole of the South-East geo-political zone by formally conceptualizing the establishment of a sea-port at Obeaku-Ndoki, in Ukwa-East Local Government Area.
Embarking on a road map that will ginger his successor to see to the realization of a sea-port in Abia State, would correct the erroneous impression widely held by uninformed Nigerians that the South-East zone of Nigeria is land-locked. This is very far from the truth.The Imo River, which originates from Umuaku in Isuochi of Umunneochi Local Government Area meandered its way up to Obeaku-Ndoki, from where it emptied itself into the Atlantic Ocean. It is very strategic to mention that the distance between Obeaku-Ndoki and the Atlantic Ocean, which commences not far from Igwenga in Ikot Abasi Local Government Area of Akwa-Ibom State, is only twenty-five nautical miles.For the avoidance of doubt, any zone that enjoys a proximity of even thirty nautical miles to a maritime endowment such as the Atlantic Ocean, should not in any way categorize itself as being land-locked. For the benefit of those who do not know, Port-Harcourt wharf is about forty nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean. It was dredged and scooped during the Premiership of Dr. M.I. Okpara during the defunct Eastern Region for ships to berth therein. If Port-Harcourt wharf could be made accessible to ships despite its fourty-nautical-mile distance to the Atlantic Ocean, it justifiably stands to reason that Obeaku-Ndoki Wharf, which is only twenty-five nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean, could be more readily and profitably accessed by ships. Since Nigeria parades a galaxy of consultants in marine engineering, obtaining professional advice in this regards may not be far from reach."
Chief (Sir) Don Ubani; ksc, JP(Okwubunka of Asa) Umuiku-Isi-Asa Ukwa-West L.G.A. P.M.B 7048 Aba

-------------------------------------------------------------
FACTS ON GROUND BY Vincent Erondu
'Without Ikwerre the hinterland Igbos have many access to the sea. Port Harcourt came to prominence as from 1913 because of the development of the sea port and the Eastern Railway line. During the oil Rivers trade and the slave trade era Port Harcourt was not a factor in those trades. The trade route was through Azumini River through Ohambele via Opobo to Bonny (Ubani). At Bonny commodities were loaded and shipped overseas. Another route in fact the ealier route was through Cross River Aro chukwu to Calabar. Aboh, Onitsha and Ugwuta were also important sea routes to Atlantic ocean. Ikwerre is not wanted by the Igbo for any specific thing or need. The issue is matter of historical distortion and revisionism.

Talking about Port Harcourt, Igweocha is a common name for Port Harcourt, this name is a descripton of how the horrizon seems to be touching the ocean from a plain sea shore view. Its ancient name was odinaobu. We also have Igwenga. These names are spelt in various ways depending on the dialect of the writer.

Vincent Erondu

You can get more information about Southeast's access to the Sea by asking google.com or via this link

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/okonkwonetworks/Rxb42OACns0
4 Likes 2 Shares

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by deomelo: 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sadly for you and your ipob kinds, ports in any location doesn't determine economic growth and development, market forces does.

You can build all the ports you want inside your house and your backyard, it means nothing because location, easy access to viable and available market with buying power and disposable income which doesn't exist in the SE and SS.

We heard similar noise and chest beating about Onitsha river port international airport per how they are going to dethrone Lagos as Nigeria's commercial capital with flights, people and goods heading straight to the SE instead of Lagos, but no such thing transpired because of the same factors I listed.

You don't even have any worthwhile investments or future investments to sustain any economic growth and development in the SE and SS because of kidnappings, riots, demonstrations, agitations and general restlessness which drives away investors and investments.

Also, the fact that you are saddled with siddon look and do nothing governors and society co-dependent on the FG to always tie their shoes and wipe their asxss for them compounds your problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by NigerDeltan(m): 5:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
0taPiaPia:

Bros thanks for your intelligence. abeg collect Alomo bitters for that shop 'i go pay'.
grin
Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
libertyhope2017:

YOU ARE ON TARGET, THATS THE SAD REALITY OF NIGERIA DIRTY POLITICS!
I HOPE OUR PEOPLE WE OPEN THEIR EYES AND KNOW WHO THEY CAN RELY ON FOR GENUINE PARTNERSHIP.
Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by Raypawer(m): 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by fratermathy(m): 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
Kenmoris22:
ur pure mumu for how long will they continue to be promising to open this ibaka sea port all the former sea ports in south south have u ask ur self the reason why federal govt don't want them to start functioning like Calaber Porthaecut onne warri have u ask question about them

No one is promising AKS people anything. The Ibaka Deep Seaport is a STATE GOVERNMENT PROJECT, just like the AKS Airport and Stadium. You guys, east of the Niger, should task your governors on good governance rather than heap all your frustrations through SSners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by fratermathy(m): 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Show us one thread you opened to champion the establishment of Ibaka seaport and I will show posts of Biafrans championing the establishment of Ibaka seaport

Just one thread

And why should "BIAfrans" be concerned with Ibaka seaport? Is it in their territory?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by OjukwuWarBird: 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
deomelo:
Sadly for you and your ipob kinds, ports in any location doesn't determine economic growth and development, market forces does.

You can build all the ports you want inside your house and your backyard, it means nothing because location, easy access to viable and available market with buying power and disposable income which doesn't exist in the SE and SS.

We heard similar noise and chest beating about Onitsha river port international airport per how they are going to dethrone Lagos as Nigeria's commercial capital with flights, people and goods heading straight to the SE instead of Lagos, but no such thing transpired because of the same factors I listed.

You don't even have any worthwhile investments or future investments to sustain any economic growth and development in the SE and SS because of kidnappings, riots, demonstrations, agitations and general restlessness which drives away investors and investments.

Also, the fact that you are saddled with siddon look and do nothing governors and society co-dependent on the FG to always tie their shoes and wipe their asxss for them compounds your problem.

Tell Osibanjo to close Lagos ports and open Ibaka seaport if you want to know if location of seaports don't have effect.
Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by OjukwuWarBird: 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
fratermathy:

And why should "BIAfrans" be concerned with Ibaka seaport? Is it in their territory?

Effiong is an Urhobo man

Historic illiterates full Nairaland
Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by efighter: 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
libertyhope2017:

Why didn't your brother Goatluck Jonaddaft do all these for the 5 or 6 years that he was the ceremonial president? If your brother the ineffectual buffoon refused to do it but prefers to embezzle all the country's money, then you will be a very big fool to even think that Buhari will do it.
Re: FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project by fratermathy(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Effiong is an Urhobo man

Historic illiterates full Nairaland

Effiong? Urhobo man? Or you mean Ibibio man?

What is the relationship between Ibibio and Igbo?

Anyway... I leave you and Akwa Ibomites to debate your issues.

My own is simple: Limit your BIAfra to your Igboid region!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Ajilari In Borno State - Ahmad Salkida / Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos / Despite End Of SARS, Protesters Demand Justice For Victims Of Police Brutality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.